+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mound Builders and Giants in the Americas

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,430 times in 5,646 posts

Default Re: Mound Builders and Giants in the Americas

Did anyone notice the fierce countenance on the giant in the second photo above? Just above the wording Father Crespi's Crown.

I read Tom Horn's book, On the Path of the Immortals. There are a few chapters in the book on giants. Was particularly interested in his hypothesis about why the Anasazi built high up in rock fortresses and used small narrow stairways to protect themselves from giants. He also mentioned that according to Native American tradition the Superstition mountains near Sedona were the home of superhuman giants. Tom learned from the Apache that there were cannibalistic giants. That photo from above looks like it could be one of the cannibals... Interesting the Native American stories line up with what others cultures have said about giants.

In my thread about the Smithsonian hiding history ie. giants are the big coverup. Some members mentioned in it that thread that there was no evidence of giants and that was surprising to me, based on historical accounts, photos and skeletal remains it seems there is. I bet just like the rumors about the Vatican hiding ET bodies someone has a vast collection of Giant remains.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 15th April 2016 at 13:18. Reason: added image and link

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (15th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (20th March 2017), gnostic9 (15th April 2016), Icare (15th March 2021), kennywally (17th April 2016), uzn (15th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,521 times in 4,011 posts

Our only local giant legend concerns Judaculla Rock:

In this photo, the carvings are filled with chalk so you can see them; it's actually soapstone, and continues to erode, but the writing is unknown and the Cherokee associate it with a giant of that name, who was there long before. He had seven fingers and toes.

There were some mound builders such as Town Creek but, they were not giants.

The common legend is that the Cherokee finished wiping out a nocturnal, albino race: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon-eyed_people

Which, supposedly, Kentucky was uninhabited because northern tribes slaughtered them en masse there and it was considered their graveyard.
    Last edited by shaberon; 25th April 2016 at 18:30.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Atlas (22nd May 2016), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Ewan (24th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (20th March 2017), Icare (15th March 2021), uzn (21st April 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,098 times in 20,640 posts

David Hatcher Childress Interview by Robert Dakota
    It's hard to know if this is valid info since the documentation is from 1909, but it fits in with the story about the Paracus skulls.

http://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/anci...anyon-in-1909/
    Quote 20 years ago, I first heard a
    fleeting reference to giant
    mummies having been
    discovered inside the walls of
    the Grand Canyon and the
    discovery having been covered-
    up. I never heard anything
    about this again.

Recently, when I ran a clip
    about a man in Utah who knows
    the locations of several tombs of
    giant mummies, I was re-
    introduced to this story. Paiute
    tribes have traditions about giant
    red-haired cannibals, who feasted
    on their people, until the former
    were able to kill the last of them
    by lighting a fire at the entrance
    to the cave where they dwelled.
    An account of this was published
    by Sarah Winnemucca, the
    daughter of a prominent Paiute
    family in her 1883 book, 'Life
    Among the Paiutes: Their Wrongs
    and Claims

I hadn't realized that this story
    about giant mummies in the Grand
    Canyon originated in a front page
    news article, published in the Phoenix
    Gazette on April 5, 1909. Just now,
    reading this old news report, the
    details are so shocking and I've
    reproduce it at the page linked
    below. The Smithsonian
    Institution in Washington, DC
    reportedly funded this excavation,
    therefore, it is believed by some
    that it absconded with evidence of
    this amazing find and covered it up.

The lack of interest shown by the
    paleontology community in the
    Paracas skulls and the extreme control
    exerted by Egyptologists over the
    official narrative about Ancient Egypt
    do beg the question as to whether
    our ancient history is being actively
    covered-up by the Powers that Be of
    the West.

The lack of interest shown by the
    paleontology community in the Paracas
    skulls and the extreme control exerted
    by Egyptologists over the official
    narrative about Ancient Egypt do beg
    the question as to whether our ancient
    history is being actively covered-up by
    the Powers that Be of the West.

Author Graham Hancock and others
    have called us a "Species with Amnesia"
    but the Hindus and Buddhists don't
    engage in a cover-up of the idea of the
    extreme antiquity of humanity, whatsoever.
    They believe that humankind has existed
    for millions of years. What would be the
    motives of such a cover-up? Some say
    that if we think human history is so short,
    that we would consider ourselves to be
    like children and thus, easier to control.

This video covers the main details of this
    Grand Canyon case and features an interview
    with publisher, David Hatcher Childress,
    toward he end.

(7 mins):

Ancient Egyptian Artifacts Discovered in the Grand Canyon in 1909
    From Alexandra Bruce of Forbidden Knowledge

Also:
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), fourty-two (21st March 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th March 2017), Mike (20th March 2017)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,098 times in 20,640 posts

Ancient, forgotten urbanized culture in the Midwest
    SECRET ANCIENT AMERICAN HISTORY
    http://forbiddenknowledgetv.net/secr...rican-history/
    Quote There is a large collection of ancient Native American sites with evidence of a developed, urbanized ancient civilization called the Mississippian culture, located mostly in the Midwest, in places like Cahokia, near St. Louis.
    These sites have been largely ignored by mainstream archeology, according to these interviewees, due to a colonial legacy of devaluing Native American culture.
    by Alexandra Bruce

Quote Published on Jun 30, 2016
    “Most Americans have no idea that ancient cities with advanced architectures once dotted the ancient North American landscape. . . . Why is it that top historians didn’t know about such things and why is it that they are not generally known among the modern public either?”
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Ewan (21st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2017)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Most impressive presentation! Who knew?! Thanks, onawah!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), onawah (20th April 2017)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Hugh Newman - Giant Skeletons Discovered, When Giants Roamed the Earth
    Video by Nexus Magazine

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Foxie Loxie (13th August 2017)

13. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member out in the open TI's Avatar
    Thanks

Love the Giant stuff! I use to live right where they did 9 years ago. The description use to be on line but I couldn't find it last time I looked for it. Archeologist in Zanesville, Ohio dug up 8'-12' tall skeletons in "Chalfont's"- Just south of Glenford, Ohio back in the 1800s. I lived right around the corner. One of my carpenters owned the property that had the large stone formations in connection with the giants from the info I read back in 2003-4 describing the find. He stated "they came with bulldozers and buried it all"..

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to out in the open TI For This Post:

Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Foxie Loxie (13th August 2017), Icare (15th March 2021), muxfolder (13th August 2017), uzn (13th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

What a shame to bulldoze our history!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Icare (15th March 2021)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

ECUADOR EXPOSE THE SKELETONS OF AN ANCIENT RACE OF GIANT HUMANS.
    7 TIMES BIGGER THAN MODERN HUMANS.

https://archaeology-world.com/ecuado...LnCj2SYjlbYpGw

According to a research team led by British anthropologist Russell Dement, strikingly tall skeletons uncovered in the Amazon region of Ecuador and Peru are undergoing examination in Germany. Will these remains prove that a race of tall people existed deep in the Amazon rainforest hundreds of years ago?

A half dozen human skeletons from the early 1400s to mid-1500s were confirmed to have been discovered, varying from 7 feet and 8 feet (213 to 243 centimeters) in height.

Dement told Cuenca Highlife: “We are very early in our research and I am only able to provide a general overview of what we have found. I don’t want to make claims based on speculation since our work is ongoing. Because of the size of the skeletons, this has both anthropological and medical implications.”

In late 2013, Dement received word that a skeleton had been uncovered by a Shuar local, approximately 70 miles (112 kilometers) from Cuenca, in Loja Province, Ecuador. Dement traveled to the site and recovered the rib cage and skull of a female which had been exposed by flooding.

The bones were thought to date to 600 years ago. The rest of the skeleton was located and, once assembled, reportedly measured 7 feet and 4 inches (223.5 centimeters) in height.

This prompted the formation of a research team including four researchers from Freie Universität in Germany, and the assistance of Shuar locals. Funding was provided by the university for excavation and investigation.

Because of the sensational nature of this, we have to be extremely diligent in our research.
    — RUSSELL DEMENT

Recognizing it is a controversial area of research, Dement noted “Even though I had been working with Freie for many years, I was concerned that they might not give a grant for someone looking for giants. To outsiders, especially scientists, I understand this sounds a little hair-brained.

“Because of the sensational nature of this, we have to be extremely diligent in our research since it will be met with a great deal of skepticism,” he said.

Three complete skeletons and two partial skeletons had no disfiguration and they were relatively healthy.

Dement told Cuenca Highlife: “The skeletons show no signs of diseases such as the hormonal growth problems that are common in most cases of gigantism.

In all the skeletons, the joints seemed healthy and the lung cavity appeared large. One of the skeletons that we have dated was of a female who was about 60 when she died, much older than typical cases of gigantism.”

The burials were elaborate. Bodies were wrapped in leaves and buried in thick clay. This sealed the skeletons and protected against water intrusion, leaving the remains in fairly good condition.

Legends Come to Life
    Carlos Miguel Vaca Alvarado, of the parish of the town of Changaiminas, Ecuador, was all his life interested in archaeology, and this motivated him to discover a group of numerous giant human skeletons.

The bones were about 7 meters high and have been discovered in the mountains of the Amazon area. The seven fragments of the skeleton were carefully analyzed by many experts who reached the conclusion that those bones were part of a human skeleton seven times bigger than a modern human being.

Legends say that this region was known as the “cemetery of the gods”, sine in ancient times this region was inhabited by giants. Many experts affirm that this place is the lost city of the giants since many pyramids were discovered there, and their size reached 80 meters high and 80 meters wide.

Moreover, around those pyramids were found numerous objects which were found there which probably were used for mining. Experts believe that this place belonged to an unknown mysterious pre-Inca culture.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (14th March 2021), Brigantia (14th March 2021), DeDukshyn (14th March 2021), Franny (15th March 2021), Hym (15th March 2021), Icare (15th March 2021), Ivanhoe (15th March 2021), Nasu (15th March 2021)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    ECUADOR EXPOSE THE SKELETONS OF AN ANCIENT RACE OF GIANT HUMANS.
    7 TIMES BIGGER THAN MODERN HUMANS.

https://archaeology-world.com/ecuado...LnCj2SYjlbYpGw

According to a research team led by British anthropologist Russell Dement, strikingly tall skeletons uncovered in the Amazon region of Ecuador and Peru are undergoing examination in Germany. Will these remains prove that a race of tall people existed deep in the Amazon rainforest hundreds of years ago?

A half dozen human skeletons from the early 1400s to mid-1500s were confirmed to have been discovered, varying from 7 feet and 8 feet (213 to 243 centimeters) in height.

Dement told Cuenca Highlife: “We are very early in our research and I am only able to provide a general overview of what we have found. I don’t want to make claims based on speculation since our work is ongoing. Because of the size of the skeletons, this has both anthropological and medical implications.”

In late 2013, Dement received word that a skeleton had been uncovered by a Shuar local, approximately 70 miles (112 kilometers) from Cuenca, in Loja Province, Ecuador. Dement traveled to the site and recovered the rib cage and skull of a female which had been exposed by flooding.

The bones were thought to date to 600 years ago. The rest of the skeleton was located and, once assembled, reportedly measured 7 feet and 4 inches (223.5 centimeters) in height.

This prompted the formation of a research team including four researchers from Freie Universität in Germany, and the assistance of Shuar locals. Funding was provided by the university for excavation and investigation.

Because of the sensational nature of this, we have to be extremely diligent in our research.
    — RUSSELL DEMENT

Recognizing it is a controversial area of research, Dement noted “Even though I had been working with Freie for many years, I was concerned that they might not give a grant for someone looking for giants. To outsiders, especially scientists, I understand this sounds a little hair-brained.

“Because of the sensational nature of this, we have to be extremely diligent in our research since it will be met with a great deal of skepticism,” he said.

Three complete skeletons and two partial skeletons had no disfiguration and they were relatively healthy.

Dement told Cuenca Highlife: “The skeletons show no signs of diseases such as the hormonal growth problems that are common in most cases of gigantism.

In all the skeletons, the joints seemed healthy and the lung cavity appeared large. One of the skeletons that we have dated was of a female who was about 60 when she died, much older than typical cases of gigantism.”

The burials were elaborate. Bodies were wrapped in leaves and buried in thick clay. This sealed the skeletons and protected against water intrusion, leaving the remains in fairly good condition.

Legends Come to Life
    Carlos Miguel Vaca Alvarado, of the parish of the town of Changaiminas, Ecuador, was all his life interested in archaeology, and this motivated him to discover a group of numerous giant human skeletons.

The bones were about 7 meters high and have been discovered in the mountains of the Amazon area. The seven fragments of the skeleton were carefully analyzed by many experts who reached the conclusion that those bones were part of a human skeleton seven times bigger than a modern human being.

Legends say that this region was known as the “cemetery of the gods”, sine in ancient times this region was inhabited by giants. Many experts affirm that this place is the lost city of the giants since many pyramids were discovered there, and their size reached 80 meters high and 80 meters wide.

Moreover, around those pyramids were found numerous objects which were found there which probably were used for mining. Experts believe that this place belonged to an unknown mysterious pre-Inca culture.
    Not too sure about that website ... they have some articles, despite not being mainstream, that are most likely true, but other's that were quite obviously hoaxes. Seems not a whole lot of discretion there. Not that I doubt that giant humans ever lived, I'm quite confident they did.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (15th March 2021), Billy (15th March 2021), Hym (15th March 2021), Icare (15th March 2021), Nasu (15th March 2021)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Not too sure about that website ... they have some articles, despite not being mainstream, that are most likely true, but other's that were quite obviously hoaxes. Seems not a whole lot of discretion there. Not that I doubt that giant humans ever lived, I'm quite confident they did.
    Luckily opinions are not facts DeDukshyn. There is plenty of information in the article for one to make an effort to delve deeper if one wishes to do so.

This is the article from Cuenca high life December 2020. Which is mentioned in the article I posted.

https://cuencahighlife.com/amazon-gi...ruvian-border/

Amazon giants may be for real; Research team finds several large skeletons near Peruvian border
    Dec 14, 2020

Views: 6,783
    By Liam Higgins

A British anthropologist says he has finally found the Amazon giants he has been looking for.

A Shuar settlement, southeast of Cuenca, near the site of Russell Dement’s excavation.

Although Russell Dement says the tribe of giants has almost certainly died out, he and a team of German researchers have excavated two settlements in the Ecuador and Peru Amazon region and found a half dozen human skeletons that measure between seven and eight feet in height.

Dement said the settlements dated to the early 1400s in one case and to the mid-1500s in the second. “We are very early in our research and I am only able to provide a general overview of what we have found,” he said. “I don’t want to make claims based on speculation since our work is ongoing. Because of the size of the skeletons, this has both anthropological and medical implications.”

Two of the skeletons have been sent to Freie Universität in Germany for analysis, including one that measures eight feet, while the others remain on site in Ecuador.

Dement says he has heard about the race of large Amazonians for more than 25 years as he has studied the Shuar and Achuar Amazon indigenous communities. “The elders in the communities tell a story about very tall, pale-skinned people who used to live nearby,” he says. “They described them as peaceful, gentle people who were always welcomed in their villages.”

Stories of the giant Amazonians have been known for more than a hundred years, since the first anthropologists made contact with Amazon tribes. One of the first mentions of them was in an article by the German researcher Franz Bosch, who heard about it from a community of the Shuar, southeast of Cuenca. Bosch is best known for his study of head-shrinking which, unfortunately, he fell personal victim to (to read the article, click here).

There are quite a few references to the giants in the scientific literature,” says Dement, “but because the Shuar insist that they belonged to the ‘spirit world’ it was always assumed that they were legend and not fact.”

What caught Dement’s attention was the fact that the same story is told by indigenous Amazonians over a large area of the jungle area east of the Andes, in both Ecuador and Peru. “Because the stories were so similar and because I heard them so frequently no matter where I worked, I’ve always thought there might be something to them.”

In December 2013, Dement received a phone call from a Shuar friend who had found part of skeleton about 70 miles from Cuenca. “He said that it was of one of the giants,” says Dement. “I was in Quito at the time and of course rushed down to take look.”

What Dement found was the skull and rib cage of a large female who had lived about 600 years ago. The remains had been exposed by flooding of a nearby creek. With the help of his friend, he quickly located the rest of skeleton, which had been moved in the flood. When he assembled the entire skeleton, it measured seven feet, four inches.

Within two months, Dement assembled a team of four research associates from Freie Universität in Berlin. The university also provided funding for excavation and research work. “Even though I had been working with Freie for many years, I was concerned that they might not give a grant for someone looking for giants,” says Dement. “To outsiders, especially scientists, I understand this sounds hair-brained.”

Once together, Dement’s team worked for six months, unearthing three more complete skeletons and parts of two more, collecting artifacts and mapping the area. During the work, and with the assistance of his Shuar friends, Dement located a second settlement about twenty miles away, on the Ecuadorian – Peruvian border, where two more skeletons were found. That settlement dated to about 1550.

Read more from link above.
    Last edited by Billy; 15th March 2021 at 12:23.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (15th March 2021), DeDukshyn (15th March 2021), Franny (15th March 2021), Hym (15th March 2021), Icare (15th March 2021), Nasu (15th March 2021)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Billy (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Luckily opinions are not facts DeDukshyn. There is plenty of information in the article for one to make an effort to delve deeper if one wishes to do so.

My comment was about the linked website in general, nothing to do with the topic. As I said I have explored the possibility of giants existing for long enough that I am confident they existed.

Thanks for the addition.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (15th March 2021), Billy (16th March 2021), Franny (15th March 2021)

25. Link to Post #33
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 times in 830 posts

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I think it's worth looking at this documentary researching human history entitled "Gigantic human beings really existed".

Unfortunately it is in German but it contains a lot of pictures worth seeing.

It goes through several centures, the stories of the Bible featuring prominently but also including quotations from historical persons like Magellan who saw giants as well.

It explains how the history of giants has been and is being suppressed by , for example, the Smithsonian institute which has destroyed numerous artefacts. It also mentions how the findings of ancient skeletons of giants was discredited by a large number of fake photographs turning up on youtube. One example of those is shown here, too.

What I found most interesting is the fact that this documentary was deleted by youtube on the original channel where it was shown and was then re-uploaded by a different channel.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icare For This Post:

Alecs (17th March 2021), Bill Ryan (16th March 2021), Billy (16th March 2021), DeDukshyn (16th March 2021)

27. Link to Post #34
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

The Quinametzin, from Aztec mythology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinametzin

If i remember correctly, their world ended with "the flood" in the same way as in other cultures i think?

I have a friend who comes from some old indigenous family and knows a lot about Aztec mythology, going to ask him about this topic
    Tired

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Billy (16th March 2021), DeDukshyn (16th March 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2