+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'The Health Matrix' website. Possible source of good information

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Default 'The Health Matrix' website. Possible source of good information

Hello Avalonians!

I happened upon a site that seems to be a trove of good alternative medical information.

http://health-matrix.net/

Although I am just now delving in to its contents, I wanted to pass it along. The owner appears to have traditional medical credentials (although I have not vetted that).

An excerpt from one of the articles

Quote In September 2015, Robert Califf was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the next Commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, and he was confirmed by the U.S. Senate in February 2016.

According to his biography, Robert Califf is an American cardiologist who was granted tenure as professor of cardiology at Duke University School of Medicine. He was the founding director of the Duke Clinical Research Institute, which is considered “the world’s largest academic research organization”, with 1000 employees and an annual budget of $320 million, 50-60% of which is funded from industry. His relationships with the pharmaceutical industry are described at length in his Wikipedia page.

“Califf worked very closely with pharmaceutical companies at the Duke clinical trials center “convincing them to do large, expensive, and, for Duke, profitable clinical trials.” He was a paid consultant for Merck Sharp & Dohme, Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, and Eli Lilly per ProPublica from 2009 to 2013. The largest consulting payment was $87,500 by Johnson & Johnson in 2012, and “most of funds for travel or consulting under $5,000”, which has been called “minimal for a physician of his stature”. From 2013-2014 he was paid a total of $52,796, the highest amount was $6,450 from Merck Sharp & Dohme, followed by Amgen, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Janssen Pharmaceutica, Daiichi Sankyo, Sanofi-Aventis, Bristol-Myers Squibb and AstraZeneca. He was the Director of Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. from July 2012 to January 26, 2015,[11] Advisor of Proventys, Inc., Chairman of the medical advisory board of Regado Biosciences, Inc. and has been member of the medical advisory board since June 2, 2009, and member of the clinical advisory board of Corgentech Inc. Forbes wrote that his close ties to the drug industry were the reason for him not being nominated for the FDA Commissioner position in 2009.”
    Cheers!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Baby Steps (4th April 2016), Elixir (3rd April 2016), gord (4th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (3rd April 2016), kfm27917 (21st July 2020), Shannon (3rd April 2016), Sunny-side-up (4th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread