+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

1. Link to Post #81
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

Transgenderism has existed in many cultures and religions, i.e. it's hard to tell whether some deities (angels) are male or female.
    People can believe in whatever they choose, and no harm done.

Nonetheless, today's transgenderism is different. It follows a definite agenda: the New World Order.
    I look at who is promoting today's transgenderism and draw my own conclusions.

2. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 times in 243 posts

Dear Avalon friends,

I have to apologise in advance to all who I'm going to offend right now, as that is not my intention.

But think about this, for people who are not self-aware, or not self-aware enough, the worst insult is to tell them the truth. As it is said, the truth hurts the most.

Whenever I see a discussion about gay/trans people, when someone mentions that those "conditions" are mental illness, all hell breaks loose.

Does it mean that that is the truth, maybe that is why everyone with that condition gets triggered instantly? Not wanting to accept the truth about that "condition"?

PS: if this post is seen as "hate-speech", than please, remove it kind moderators..

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), DNA (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019), TargeT (13th October 2020)

4. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by XelNaga (here)
    Dear Avalon friends,

I have to apologise in advance to all who I'm going to offend right now, as that is not my intention.

But think about this, for people who are not self-aware, or not self-aware enough, the worst insult is to tell them the truth. As it is said, the truth hurts the most.

Whenever I see a discussion about gay/trans people, when someone mentions that those "conditions" are mental illness, all hell breaks loose.

Does it mean that that is the truth, maybe that is why everyone with that condition gets triggered instantly? Not wanting to accept the truth about that "condition"?

PS: if this post is seen as "hate-speech", than please, remove it kind moderators..

Ten years after getting gender reassignment folks are twenty times more likely to commit suicide than their peers. How is this a good idea?

How is it a good idea undergoing a drastic procedure that sucks so bad you become twenty times more likely to commit suicide after having completed it?

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Alan (13th October 2020), Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019), TargeT (13th October 2020), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

6. Link to Post #84
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Dear Avalon friends,

Ten years after getting gender reassignment folks are twenty times more likely to commit suicide than their peers. How is this a good idea?

How is it a good idea undergoing a drastic procedure that sucks so bad you become twenty times more likely to commit suicide after having completed it?
    It is a really, really bad idea.

There is probably a very good reason why we are born the way we are born. I mean, the Universe, or our Higher Self, aren't stupid.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Alan (13th October 2020), Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), DNA (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019)

8. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Dear Avalon friends,

It is a really, really bad idea.

There is probably a very good reason why we are born the way we are born. I mean, the Universe, or our Higher Self, aren't stupid.

I'll give my personal opinion on this and it really is just my personal opinion. I've always felt that folks who are born one gender and say they don't feel comfortable in that gender and identify as another gender are folks who have been incarnating as one and the same sex out of some kind of comfort zone thing and at some point their Higher Self is like "dude, it's time to learn things through the other sex" and as such they agree to be born a sex they are not comfortable with in an attempt to learn but they bristle and fight it once they engage in the incarnation opposite what they are used to.

What's wrong with gender fluidity? I'm a dude and I enjoy being a dude, but if I were to be born a woman I would have enjoyed the hell out of that as well.

As a soul I'm a firm believer that we incarnate as both sexes to learn the lessons we were intended to learn.

I suppose if you do not believe in reincarnation then this post is a lot about nothing.
    Last edited by DNA; 3rd May 2019 at 16:08.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Alan (13th October 2020), Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), greybeard (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019), PurpleLama (3rd May 2019), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

10. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

Boosting my own post from earlier in the thread, since it contains what I think is the simplest and most logical explanation of the cause of transgender problems, and it's really not that mysterious.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I attended some classes in the Bay Area years ago that were given by a group of psychics.
    Among the subjects that came up were reincarnation, androgeny and homosexuality.
    It was generally agreed upon by the psychics (and it seems very likely true to me) that as androgynous souls who have come here (whether willingly or not) we must experience this reality on Earth (though it may be different elsewhere) as both genders, through a series of many incarnations.
    But many souls may have a preference for one gender or the other, and so they will choose to incarnate as their chosen gender again and again until the time comes inevitably, when their Higher Self steps in and sees to it that the soul begins to incarnate as their least favorite gender, uncomfortable as that may be.
    This can seem like an unnatural ordeal to some, and the changeover may take many lifetimes to achieve successfully, before the soul adjusts, physically, mentally and emotionally.
    Electing to go so far as to have transgender surgery is a manifestation of resistance to a kind of natural law, as OMG said, yet it is certainly permissible karmically.
    It is, if nothing else, a sign that that soul is simply not yet willing to take on the characteristics of the unfavorite gender, but it will be a learning experience, in any case.
    Things are no doubt less complicated on worlds where the androgynous nature of the soul is more accepted.
    But part of 3D experiencing is very much about duality, and that can certainly create a lot of complications.
    Though we can also look at it as an interesting experience, of course!
    Each breath a gift...

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), DNA (3rd May 2019), greybeard (3rd May 2019), PurpleLama (3rd May 2019), XelNaga (3rd May 2019)

12. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

I agree with you DNA and Onawah, to me it also sounds as the most logical explanation.

Getting out of your "comfort-zone" can be a bit hard

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XelNaga For This Post:

Didgevillage (3rd May 2019), DNA (3rd May 2019), greybeard (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019)

14. Link to Post #88
    Canada Avalon Member frankstien's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 times in 325 posts

Confusion over sexuality has been primarily caused by sexual repression in society: government, religion, schools, and family

People are made to feel guilty about their sexual thoughts and feelings from a very early age, this causes the individual, both male and female, to try and hide their sexual feelings. To hide them the body and mind become involved to hold back the energy associated with sexuality. This causes an armoring of the mind and body preventing natural sexuality from developing in the individual, leading to chronic health problems and neurosis.

The Trobriand Islanders had a matriarchal sexually open society--they had no crime, perversion, or neurosis.
    Anthropologist Dr. Bronislaw Malinowski, did a study on their way of life and wrote an excellent book all about his discoveries called The Sexual Life of Savages, book available here--
    https://archive.org/details/sexuallifeofsava00mali

Dr. Wilhelm Reich was the leader in exposing how sexual repression damages the individual and wrote many important books on this subject.
    The Nazis went after him and he fled, eventually to America. Unfortunately the FDA went after him as well. Besides shaking the establishment's cage, he had found a natural way to reverse the effects of cancer. The FDA trumped up a way to put him in prison and burned his books in an incinerator in New York City. Reich died in prison.

These books are a great starting point for understanding his work and how it relates to this forum thread--
    (The Theodore P. Wolfe translations are the best.)
    1. The Function of The Orgasm
    2. The Mass Psychology of Fascism

Copy available here: http://whale.to/b/reich.pdf

Short documentary on Wilhelm Reich "Man's Right To Know"

Last edited by frankstien; 3rd May 2019 at 16:58.
    "If the media will show us airplanes disappearing into towers on 9/11--they'll show us ANYTHING and expect us to believe it."
    --frankstien

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frankstien For This Post:

DNA (3rd May 2019), onawah (3rd May 2019)

16. Link to Post #89
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

transexuality is a mental illness in my opinion.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

petra (3rd May 2019), TargeT (13th October 2020), XelNaga (6th May 2019)

18. Link to Post #90
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

My feeling is.
    Make the best of what your born with.
    Cant see that surgery or any other way of changing your gender is going to bring lasting happiness.
    However if that's a persons choice, then that's their decision.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DNA (3rd May 2019), petra (3rd May 2019)

20. Link to Post #91
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Omni (here)
    transexuality is a mental illness in my opinion.
    That kind of insinuates you can cure it. And I don't think so.

EDIT: I should probably also say though, I don't think they want to be "healed" or "cured", but then again I can't speak on behalf of transexuals, I don't know what they think like.
    Last edited by petra; 3rd May 2019 at 19:27.

21. Link to Post #92
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Why should you apologize? You are not attacking anyone, even if there are some trangenders here.
    How much truth can be told (without personal attacks, of course) determines the quality of any given platform.

It is not just the trans issue where "all hell breaks loose."

Absolute yes. It is called Pavlovian conditioning. And those thus conditioned don't even know that they have been conditioned to react that way (whether they are trans or not).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_conditioning

22. Link to Post #93
    United States Avalon Member SubjectCCCIX's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Everyone has a battle thats important to them, some are just louder about it than others.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SubjectCCCIX For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Deux Corbeaux (14th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th October 2020), TargeT (13th October 2020), wondering (13th October 2020)

24. Link to Post #94
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by SubjectCCCIX (here)
    Everyone has a battle thats important to them, some are just louder about it than others.
    and it's usually a VERY SMALL FEW that are so Loud that situations seem vastly larger than they are.

as of 2016 transgenders make up around .6% of the population... why are we talking about this at all with those numbers... LGBTWQIJRTZ:DJTSJSGJTSX (what ever that collection of letters is up to) is only as high a ~7%.

These are tiny amounts of people "over all" and they are "sucking all the air out of the room" IMO.... the fact that we focus on these tiny problems shows us how decadent our society has become.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Chris Gilbert (13th October 2020), Savannah (13th October 2020), SubjectCCCIX (15th October 2020)

26. Link to Post #95
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,997 times in 595 posts

Normally I'm a live and let live person. Several years back I would have been inclined to say transgender/queer is just another genetic and behavioral variation in the human species.

Now though, I'm not so sure. Reason being, I have meet a fair share gay/lesbian people who were calm and well-adjusted. So far as I can tell, most of them are happy with just being able to marry/adopt and not being shamed.

Whenever I encounter self-described transgender/queer individuals however, they always seem to have a host of other mental health issues. Greater social acceptance doesn't seem to be enough either, as their interests always seem to be tied to "tearing down heteronormative/cis standards". It's one thing to say your personality doesn't fit into cultural expectations of how most men/women act. When I was growing up I wasn't like most guys my age, as I was more passive and had little interest in sports.

It's quite another thing though to be at war with your biology. Biology is what it is regardless of what your personality is like, and that's why it's frowned upon to let biological males into the same bathroom as young girls. There might be extreme cases where the suffering from dysphoria is changed by surgery, but as has been mentioned, the long time suicide rate still casts doubt on it.
    Last edited by Chris Gilbert; 13th October 2020 at 17:36.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (13th October 2020), Sue (Ayt) (13th October 2020), TargeT (13th October 2020)

28. Link to Post #96
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Men built this world. It is about destroying the legacy of manhood. What better way than to introduce a fluid gender controversy to further confuse men. Maleness has been a bad word since I was a teen. We have been under economic attack for a long time, since before women entered the work force. Our paychecks are dwindling, our pride is a shame, our strength a weakness, our ability to weather any storm derided. Even our biological imperative to procreate has been used against us and called misogyny.

If two breasts lead to interest and further lead to male genitalia, why not just follow through? What's the difference? Just like the chinese knock-off, a TS looks like the real thing until you get it home. Then you find out it only looks like the real thing and is really only a facsimile, a wish, a ruse, a play on reality. You can pretend, you can dress it up and make it look real but it ain't nothing but a sham, an empty promise, an illusion.

Is the wish to be something one is not, taken to the ridiculous extent of parody, a mental illness?

We are told that it is not. We are told that biology made a mistake, that this male should have been born female. Who are we to say otherwise, it is not our concern, and it is a private matter. But what happens when this very private matter is aired in public, shoved in the faces of those it does not concern, like drag queen story time, for instance? Does making a very rare disorder, common knowledge help those facing this dilemna? Or does it in fact encourage others who are on the fence, only mildly affected, take the drastic step of cosmetic surgery and hormone therapy?

Airing this sort of dirty laundry in public only makes for an out of proportion reaction from the public, disproportionate to the numbers actually involved. It establishes a minority position for an unhealthy sub-sector that would benefit far more from psychological help than receiving sex-altering procedures and parading around as if they are normal.

Constructing a systemic highway from out of the closet to off with the penis is at best a sideways move, it does not address the core issue. There should be some talk, a bit of soul-searching, a little time to think it through. It should never be fast-tracked and accepted as normal. It does not serve those affected by this possible malady.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), TargeT (13th October 2020)

30. Link to Post #97
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    It is about destroying the legacy of manhood.
    I'd say there are multiple attacks, undermining masculinity is just one of them; destroying the "Family unit" and "individuality" are TWO of the 10 planks of communism.

A lot of what I see today seems to be at least strangely parallel if not seemingly direct continuation of this fight between our Republic and the concept of Communism (in one of its forms).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (13th October 2020), Bill Ryan (13th October 2020), Constance (13th October 2020), Deborah (ahamkara) (13th October 2020), edina (14th October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (13th October 2020), Peace in Oz (14th October 2020), PurpleLama (14th October 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5