+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

1. Link to Post #41
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Re: Transgenderism: Is it Mental Illness?

The Wachowskis are transgender, and they are some of the most advanced souls on the planet. They've awoken billions of people.

I do however think that the surgical techniques to help people change gender are not fully there yet, and I would advise anyone thinking of being operated on to wait 10-20 years.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

kirolak (5th April 2016), Kryztian (8th April 2016), onawah (5th April 2016), Sierra (6th April 2016), Vward (16th December 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Thank you members. The whole idea of this thread was to start a discussion. Those of you who felt offended personally, may not have realized I was quoting the headlines of the video, not my own belief. I always plan to stay in the gray area of this, but as a medical professional ethically and holistically, I found sex reassignment dangerous to the human body. There will be those who will always feel their nerves on edge when we talk about the elephant in the room- and it is everywhere but that is precisely what brings people together to know each others minds and feelings on the subject. I have no annoyance or anger over what Tigahawk said, I can only see at her station of life, she actively will protect and defend. With experience we grow all of us and I myself think differently than when I was 30 yrs old. I have worked with transgendered nurses when it was something of a secret thing. I even watch Cait Jenner's show in hopes of broadening my understanding. Yet the mutilation via surgery is something that deeply disturbs simply because the transgender has to take buckloads of hormones and this is what has brought on the unhappiness and suicidal tendencies in so many searching for a desperate way to live their life.

So, again, my thoughts were not in alignment with mental illness but this is what modern society has tagged them with.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

BMJ (20th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), Debra (5th April 2016), DNA (13th December 2016), Ewan (5th April 2016), Holly Lindin (25th February 2017), Ikarusion (5th April 2016), kirolak (5th April 2016), Omni (17th December 2016), onawah (5th April 2016), Shannon (5th April 2016), Ted (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Vward (16th December 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

it's the agenda behind it driving it that concerns me

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Constance (13th October 2020), Holly Lindin (25th February 2017), joeecho (5th April 2016), onawah (5th April 2016), Ted (5th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Vward (16th December 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 times in 285 posts

Quote Posted by seah (here)
    Quote It is, if nothing else, a sign that that soul is simply not yet willing to take on the characteristics of the unfavorite gender, but it will be a learning experience, in any case.
    I don't agree. A soul couldn't care less about gender. Sexuality is fluid for some because of where they are on the evolution scale, but gender identification is a whole different issue.
    I agre Seah, for the reason that, being here, in whichever gender, would probably be a direction from 'the Creator', and I believe that, EVEN if a Soul remembers past lives, we, who are humble, in the face of 'The Creator', accept each experience, to move forward... Should one be aggrieved, if one is re-incarnated as a female hamster, when one remembered his Romeo days as a hot-blooded Male Hu Man ! ! ?

imho, the whole Surgical, MK aspects, are tools or 'toys' of TPTB, to satisfy there peversions, in much the same way as using humans for food, etc...

My sympathy for individuals, who, ( ex. ? Brendan Manning > Chelsea... (?) ) ; after falling foul of TPTB, might well have been 'got at'. Dark forces at work, said the queen, to the butler.... !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

9. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Think of gender as a continuum, a spectral aspect, not a binary, polar aspect. It is a false dichotomy to think of 2 genders when there are an unlimited number of degrees of expressing gender. Instead of seeing gender as "which of the two boxes gets checked on the birth certificate" think of someone's gender as a point on a continuous line between male and female. There are extremely masculine men, and extremely feminine men - and all points in between. There are extremely feminine women, and extremely masculine women - and all points in between. These are real aspects of personality, not something imagined, not something consciously chosen. Men and women BOTH have both male and female hormones in our bodies, in varying ratios. We don't get to choose our hormonal makeup and brain wiring. What you do get to consciously choose is how you present yourself to the world.

If society's pressures do mark the position on the continuum line for most people, it is to squeeze most people out from any point between the extremes, towards the extremes. That describes mental illness - all those people who are really somewhere between the extremes (we ALL are between the extremes) pretending to be at one extreme end of the scale. I suspect that a lot of the animosity towards transgender people is the insanity of those who think they are 100% "female" or "male" and therefore think others should also adopt the delusion (mental illness) of pretending that there is no continuum. So, a better question is: Transphobia - is it mental illness?

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

42 (6th April 2016), Billy Vasiliadis (17th December 2016), BMJ (20th December 2016), Bruno (12th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), Inaiá (28th April 2019), KiwiElf (6th April 2016), onawah (6th April 2016), Shannon (5th April 2016), Sierra (6th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), Wind (6th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Thank you members. The whole idea of this thread was to start a discussion. Those of you who felt offended personally, may not have realized I was quoting the headlines of the video, not my own belief. I always plan to stay in the gray area of this, but as a medical professional ethically and holistically, I found sex reassignment dangerous to the human body. There will be those who will always feel their nerves on edge when we talk about the elephant in the room- and it is everywhere but that is precisely what brings people together to know each others minds and feelings on the subject. I have no annoyance or anger over what Tigahawk said, I can only see at her station of life, she actively will protect and defend. With experience we grow all of us and I myself think differently than when I was 30 yrs old. I have worked with transgendered nurses when it was something of a secret thing. I even watch Cait Jenner's show in hopes of broadening my understanding. Yet the mutilation via surgery is something that deeply disturbs simply because the transgender has to take buckloads of hormones and this is what has brought on the unhappiness and suicidal tendencies in so many searching for a desperate way to live their life.

So, again, my thoughts were not in alignment with mental illness but this is what modern society has tagged them with.
    Thank you for explaining that and yes i did take offence as it did seem like you were agreeing with the video that was linked rather than pushing for a discussion on the topic.

I also agree with you - I do not see the point in having ones body changed as i see it as just that. This thing we are in that allows us to exist and move about in this world. Personally i see my breasts as useless. I will never have children (by choice) for personal reasons therefor their use to provide nourishment to a newborn child is of no use to me. Bra's are uncomfortable as crap and they are an annoyance and very much uncomfortable and they tend to flap around a bit if you move too quickly without one on which is again uncomfortable. It's still a taboo not to wear one. I dislike my gender because of the way it is treated - and the way others of the same gender i feel degrade themselves to become the object that society see's a female as and i despise people that agree with how society deems how a woman should look, act and think.

While i honestly believe i would have been far better off being born as a male - the idea of changing ones body to me will not fix anything.

I was forcefully medicated with the contraceptive pill when i was a teenager - funnily enough shortly after i had told my mother i was attracted to women and she threw me out and told me not to come back until it was out of my system. nowhere to go - that was that and i was let back in. I was put on the pill with extra progesterone because my mother had decided that i had a hormone imbalance. As a child again i hated everything girly and wanted to do the things the boys could do without being questioned - like climb trees. play soccer. ninja turtles and transformers. i would get into fights and could not be friends with girls because they never did or talked about anything that interested me.

Who had the issue there? A girl trying to live and do things that interested her - or the mother trying to force her child to become something that SHE wanted her to be?

I took those pills daily - without the 7day break for over 10 years. I took myself off them about 4 years ago now and am still trying to adjust to menstruating. God help you if you're around me at PMS time - which may have been evident by the writing of my post.

Acted "as expected" for a good 10-15 years. hated having sex but did so as it was an expected part of being in a relationship - and being in a relationship an expected part of being an adult female.

After finally deciding enough was enough i went on to explore myself. Still found that i cant cope with women (sorry ladies) as you make no sense to m whatsoever. A bit more time and i realized i was trying to conform to a stereotype to fit in purely because of that physical attraction to women.

I am dating a man - sex is still "meh" due to no physical attraction - but there is very much emotional attraction. We don't fight. We talk about everything and are very much comfortable with one another in all aspects.

So i understand those who are not comfortable in their own bodies. I understand being raised and learning to hate things because you are told to and you do it based off learned behavior.

There is a definite mental illness there but it is not with the person. it is with society itself. how we view and treat one another. The issue is definitely not bound to gender - it applies to everything. Tho i can definitely see comparisons in treatment of people with things that have happend in the past (such as the prejudice against people of color) and just wish everyone would chill and accept people as people and respect them for who they are - without trying to shape them into something THEY themselves want.

I still believe the strong need for people to change their physical gender stems from the conclusion that they would be treated the way they feel comfortable (ie being treated like a girl - when you feel you should be treated like a boy) because of these stereotypes. The hostility to gender neutral treatment is a push to keep the stereotypes strong and enforced on everyone. If one stereotype is abolished - others will fall with it.

We cant have the whole world treat each other with respect and appreciate individuality now... can we?

I am me. I am happy with myself just how i am - Regardless of what form this meatbag is. Pitty it took so much to realize this - but at the same time if I did not go through the learning process - how would i know this?

Again - the stereotypes / treatment is everywhere. People will step over others and hurt others to achieve status - to be treated like the rich and wealthy. It apples to EVERYTHING in our life but appears to be manifesting the most with physical gender issues.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Agape (7th April 2016), bettye198 (7th April 2016), BMJ (20th December 2016), camper (6th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (6th April 2016), gnostic9 (6th April 2016), Shannon (19th January 2017), Sierra (6th April 2016), Soup (6th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 times in 994 posts

Transgender is something that defines those who are a particular reproductive gender (male/female) and choose to alter their physical appearance through exogenous hormone administration and/or surgical intervention. An individual who only dresses as the opposite gender is termed as a transvestite. However, neither of these actions can change the true reproductive sex of the individual as they were conceived and born/manifested into this reality.

What is not discussed, although it is alluded to in several posts, is that of a person with dual or mixed gender. This 'condition', is actually termed "Intersex". However, this is an "umbrella term", much like 'hermaphrodite', and is used to lump together a number of conditions and syndromes under one general heading for the benefit of medical practitioners and laymen alike. The true medical terms for such conditions is 'sexual ambiguity', or 'ambiguous genitalia'.

While I don't like 'Wikipedia' all that much due to it's 'selective' nature, the article on Intersex is fairly complete.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

However, there is a section where it states that "naturally occurring true hermaphroditism in humans is unknown". This is not correct.

Just the same, many intersex children have been subjected to some Horrific, Illegal and morally repugnant medical interventions (mutilations), and there have even been many 'normal' children who have been mutilated in the name of 'medical progress', and in some cases like in South Africa, these medical actions have been used to harvest the testes of male babies for superstitious medicinal purposes.

In particular, those children who exhibit obvious intersex characteristics are almost Immediately surgically altered (mutilated) in accordance with the subjective gender assignment deemed by 'the doctors' as being 'correct', many times resulting in problems later in life.

Overall, I personally see the issue of 'transgender' as more of a political ploy to further the 'divide and conquer' meme, just as the 'powers' use race, economic, political, national or religious leanings to pit individuals against one-another, and this thread only confirms my suspicions. The Bruce/Caitlin Jenner debacle is just such a situation, as was the Caster Semyana Olympian runner issue a number of years back.

I do feel that those who surgically alter their bodies to conform with the 'other' gender, are actually acting out a feeling they have due to the nature of simultaneous incarnation described by Seth, in his 'Seth" series of books regarding the nature of Reality. There is NO Time - it is Always the 'Present', and thus All incarnations are happening At The Same Time. These trans-people are just Psychically tuning into other portions of their multiple Realities, and misinterpreting the signals in the 'here and now'. I'm certain that there are other factors at play, such as hormone levels and social influences that cause further confusion in the individual who acts out in such a manner.

If only there was greater understanding of these issues in the general population, I believe we'd see much less 'confusion' and greater acceptance and rejoicing of our current individual physical manifestations, and thus avoid the harmful effects of such mutilations.

In Unity, Peace and Love
    Last edited by Kindred; 6th April 2016 at 02:07.
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Agape (7th April 2016), DNA (6th April 2016), gnostic9 (6th April 2016), Omni (17th December 2016), onawah (6th April 2016), sandy (6th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

Quote Posted by Ted (here)
    I don't hate anyone, and feel people have the right to live their lives as they choose, including the LGBT community. The issue I have with the whole LBGT movement is being told that I have to accept a concept without question, otherwise I'm denounced as a hater or homophobe. The hostility displayed by those on this thread defending transgenderism is a typical example of this.
    There seems to be a double standard here. It seems like it's perfectly alright for anyone in the LGBT category to bash and hate on those who disagree with their lifestyle, yet this is exactly what they are complaining about.
    Why is it so unreasonable to discuss the issue here? Disagreement does not equate to hate and intolerance! The only intolerance I have is for people trying to shove an idea down my throat whether I like it or not.
    Open debate is healthy and necessary for people to see both sides of an issue.
    Perhaps you need to choose your words better before you ask the said question? That may help with not being labeled a "hater" or "homophobe". People usually do that when somebody is being a douchebag. Not when trying to get honest answers by posting a question, or sharing opinions and thoughts. You can have an opinion, sure, but if people find it offensive, then maybe you should avoid bringing it up. By the same token, many of the KKK and similar groups today may have their opinions or questions regarding race, but I'm sure most non-white (and many white) people will be offended or have something against it.

What the video, and your support of it as something completely fine to say, or portray, do, is put the entire LGBT community into question. By question, I mean, their normalcy or rights being put into question. When somebody does that, I will be very vocal and defensive about it, because I feel offended/attacked. You haven't lived the life LGBT people do. Comparing your condition to LGBT life just shows how much ignorant you are about the scope of the issues people like us face everyday. Depression is just one of the many side effects we experience daily. So yes, when expressing a discriminatory opinion, you should be prepared for an attack. Do you expect to be sent roses instead?

Videos like this are free to discuss whatever they like. But by putting all that out there, they also make an informal consent to be judged by everyone who watches it, or shares it with others. Same with you and your own opinions. Or, let's say, people who support the Flat Earth theory. They have every right to ask any kind of question, but watchers have the right to judge the material put out, and call them out. Same was done on this thread. And although several individuals sound like they are a transplant from PrisonPlanet forums, and tutored by Alex Jones (who can't even use the word gay, instead saying "homosexual" while twisting his face into a grimace), still more than half of the participants show some understanding and lack of judgement.

The right to free speech means being tolerant of all opinions, regardless whether we agree with them or not.
    Not if the opinion is insulting. I don't have to be tolerant of that not one bit. You don't have to like bisexuals, homosexuals, lesbians or transgender people, but you need to show respect. Comparing all of them to some kind of mental disorder or illness is not showing me you are tolerant and respectful.

Quote If someone doesn't care for the lifestyle of LGBT folks, they have every right to express that opinion.
    I don't care much about Justin Bieber. I don't go around the internet (or portals where Belieber fans are concentrated) to talk how much I freaking couldn't care less about him. Or make videos about it.

Quote Anyway, I see intolerance and hatred for people who are intolerant and hateful as being the pinnacle of hypocrisy.
    Usually the bigoted are always accusing other of hatred. E.g. all that talk today about the dying of the white race, black racism, racial contamination etc. - All used to further spread hate in the name of "we're the one being targeted here, we're the victims!" mentality.

Nothing defines me unless I choose to be defined by it. The point was more to say that a mental disorder is not by definition insanity.
    It doesn't matter. Why paint an orange green, just because you can?

Quote It's not the defending that bothers me, or even the quality of the video. The question of whether LBGT traits are genetic, learned, a product of environment or whatever is legitimate. Having it shouted down as beyond questioning is what bothers me.
    The problem is some people go wild on theories and "opinions" when that comes in. Like, the product of environment thing. Many claim this is due to bad childhood, bad parenting, some kind of trauma, or accident, or abuse etc. Not to mention there's nothing corroborating that, but people like to associate something they don't like with some other stuff that they don't like. Basic psychology. Or like somebody else, not sure who it was, said on the thread - projecting.

Quote Just for arguments sake, what if there was a pill that would turn any LBGT person straight? How would something like that be received by the LGBT community?
    Most would turn it down. The larger portion of those that would take the pill will be from countries where the LGBT rights progress is nowhere near that in the Americas and Europe. So, you are asking the wrong question. You would get more interesting answers, were this done for real, live, from people in first world nations, particularly western. And see what answers you get. I doubt much more than 1% will take that pill. It won't be a situation like Neo and the blue and red pill, this time the blue pill will be more favorable.
    Last edited by OnyxKnight; 6th April 2016 at 23:02. Reason: Formatting

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Agape (7th April 2016), enfoldedblue (7th April 2016), Ted (7th April 2016), TigaHawk (8th April 2016), Zampano (8th April 2016), ZooLife (10th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

Discussions are good, reason why Bill decided on a forum. It helps unnerve and release and maybe therapy and thru all that introspection. Thank you Tigahawk for your genuine honesty about your background and where you are right now. It burdens me to think our young is feeling much like the elders feel after lived a life of obligation or submission, even adventure and then, are simply happy to just be.

I keep wondering if there will be something revealed in our lifetime about the way our DNA has influenced all this inner chaos. Perhaps we will come to realize we are more like the loving reptilian in the movie "Enemy Mine" where the male and the female merged and birthed a child. I need to see that film again. I believe it has some hidden jewels to think about. After all, we have both hormones, and for some, more of one than the other.

On another point. I saw a picture of a male transgendered into a female but it was THE most bizarre thing I ever saw. The person decided it was not male or female but an "it". The person wanted to look like a reptilian dragon and had serious surgery to reformulate the nose, remove an ear, create horns and scales and a forked tongue.
    Last edited by bettye198; 7th April 2016 at 18:38.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Kryztian (8th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

19. Link to Post #50
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    ... I saw a picture of a male transgendered into a female but it was THE most bizarre thing I ever saw. The person decided it was not male or female but an "it". The person wanted to look like a reptilian dragon and had serious surgery to reformulate the nose, remove an ear, create horns and scales and a forked tongue.
    The person that had the surgery to get horns, etc: were they left-handed, or right handed? What color is their skin? What is their ethnicity? What is their birth-order? What is their astrological sign?

All of my questions are moot. If the topic is someone who decides to "reformulate the nose, remove an ear, create horns and scales and a forked tongue", why mention "transgender?" Seems like an attempt to sneak in one more accusation of mental illness associated with transgenderism, as per the opening post.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bob (7th April 2016), Bruno (12th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), OnyxKnight (7th April 2016), TargeT (7th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #51
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    All of my questions are moot. If the topic is someone who decides to "reformulate the nose, remove an ear, create horns and scales and a forked tongue", why mention "transgender?" Seems like an attempt to sneak in one more accusation of mental illness associated with transgenderism, as per the opening post.
    I think EMO's have a mental illness, who can wear all that black all the time? clearly mentally disturbed, we should lock them all up and sterilize their parents.

or maybe it's just what they are wearing... kind of like these bodies.. it's just an aesthetic choice.... why would someone be worried about other peoples choices? Fear? Control? Its sad that mental energy is wasted on a topic like this... I deem it nearly worthless, with the only saving grace that maybe someone who is intolerant will learn something from it.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bruno (12th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), OnyxKnight (7th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), ZooLife (10th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

That's the typical response these days - Transgender being piled up next to body-modders, and both piled next to transhumanism or mental illness, whichever repulses one more.

Transhumanism is not a bad thing either. It depends on what kind of society we live in that day. If it's not much changed from now, then we're screwed. But a more liberated and sane world would be a great place for transhumanists. Also, transhumanism is not all androids, cyborgs, genetic engineering, and people living in the 1s and 0s inside the digital dimensions. The hippies were the first transhumanists. You can be a new age advocate and be a transhumanist. The point is being something more and better than you already are, in your own standards and definitions. Transcending limitations, or the current humanity.

I feel transhumanism has become to the alternative community, what socialism and communism has become to the average american since the cold war. And we are in a cold war too, ours is informational.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Agape (7th April 2016), Bruno (12th December 2016), Dennis Leahy (8th April 2016), Omni (17th December 2016), PurpleLama (7th April 2016), TargeT (7th April 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016), TigaHawk (8th April 2016), Zampano (8th April 2016), ZooLife (10th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

wow. Some interesting and intense discussions. I personally feel that if the modern world allowed for greater acceptance of gender fluidity and allowed people to dress and behave in less rigid ways there wouldn't be a need for surgery, or there would be less interest. Even still I don't get why someone wanting to have surgery should be looked down upon or classified as unnatural or going against their karma. Most people wouldn't tell a woman with large breasts who gets a reduction that she is going against the natural order or that having painfully large breasts is what she was suppose to experience in this lifetime.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

AutumnW (15th December 2016), BMJ (12th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016), Maunagarjana (1st March 2017), Shannon (19th January 2017), TargeT (13th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

27. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member bearcow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 times in 472 posts

99.999999% percent of the people in the world are mentally ill, to a lesser or greater degree. So the answer is yes, with the caveat being is this particular type of mental illness something that needs to be publicly addressed because it endangers the foundations of society itself.

I would say not really, there are bigger issues out there. Let people deal with "sexuality issues" in their own way. That goes for heterosexuals as well.
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."
    — Dr. Seuss

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bearcow For This Post:

DNA (13th December 2016), The Freedom Train (14th December 2016)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

I don't hate anyone, and feel people have the right to live their lives as they choose, including the LGBT community. The issue I have with the whole LBGT movement is being told that I have to accept a concept without question, otherwise I'm denounced as a hater or homophobe. The hostility displayed by those on this thread defending transgenderism is a typical example of this.
    There seems to be a double standard here. It seems like it's perfectly alright for anyone in the LGBT category to bash and hate on those who disagree with their lifestyle, yet this is exactly what they are complaining about.
    Why is it so unreasonable to discuss the issue here? Disagreement does not equate to hate and intolerance! The only intolerance I have is for people trying to shove an idea down my throat whether I like it or not.

I believe as a soul we have no sexual orientation or specificity, when we incarnate we indulge in identifying with a particular gender.
    Now I'm no Ghandi, but I'm thinking the goal of reincarnation is to be flexible and unified. To be the sum of the Yin/Yang, and not to identify with only one half of it.
    If someone wants to get a gender reassignment, then that's fine, but I do not think they should be celebrated or vilified.
    If one wants to say they are a hero for having the courage to have the surgery, I think this is just as wrong as folks stating they are a coward for not learning to live within the confines of their own gender.
    I do not believe this is a subject matter for 99.99% of the population, and as such why is it being shoved down our throats?
    Why are millions of parents across the country having to figure out how to explain this situation to their children who are asking about it?
    I do not feel Bruce Jenner should be the focal point of so much attention for having a radical surgical procedure, I do not fault him for doing it, I fault the media in general for creating such a spectacle of him, and I fault the motives behind those in power for handing this script over to the media, and I question the motives of those in power for making this procedure such a spectacle.
    What next? Are we to celebrate the first true trans-human who did not feel comfortable in their own skin until their brain was made Wi-Fi accessible?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

31. Link to Post #56
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

LOL

What a funny discussion this is..
    Really read it and think about what is discussed. Thank you all for making my day.

On a more serious note. There is a lot of research in the field of the human mind.
    Most of those come to the conclusion that the mind itself is either an unhealthy side effect of some condition. Or even terminally diseased.

With Love
    Eelco

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

33. Link to Post #57
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    "Mental Illness", however, is a very condemning and judgemental label.
    I see "mental illness" as a construct that is being used to subjugate and control us (blame and shame, divide and conquer, incapacitate and program) via psychoactive drugs that addle the brain and largely ineffective and circular talk therapy lead by a professional "shrink". As others have noted, one look at the DSM will prove that anybody and everybody could be conveniently slapped with a label and involuntarily committed for reprogramming. The sad part is that, "mental illness" is a confusing mish mosh of awakening, awareness, and mind controlled lies and programming. I see "mental illness" as a cross between the signs of awakening and psychotronic targeting.

Quote Posted by lunaflare (here)
    It is curious MS media supports Transgenderism and this, in and of itself, requires us to critically analyse the issue...
    My mistrust of the most visible and audible mouthpieces for TPTB lead me to a similar suspicion - ie, what is their angle??
    Last edited by The Freedom Train; 14th December 2016 at 05:21.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

BMJ (20th December 2016), Cara (14th December 2016)

35. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

You are not "disagreeing with a lifestyle," you are rejecting who they are. Most transgendered people live lives, so fraught with difficulty, you can't imagine. If I was on another forum I would tell you to go...but I can't because of forum rules.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,298 times in 251 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    You are not "disagreeing with a lifestyle," you are rejecting who they are. Most transgendered people live lives, so fraught with difficulty, you can't imagine. If I was on another forum I would tell you to go...but I can't because of forum rules.
    Let me clarify my position. As far as I'm concerned, people have the right to express themselves any way they choose. I may disagree, for instance, with the choices a drug addict makes, but I neither reject them nor condemn them for who they are. Transgenderism is not my lifestyle, but frankly, I could care less if someone else wants to live that way. That's their choice. I accept their choice and I accept their right to make it. If someone else decides to be bigoted and narrow minded, I also accept their right to be that way.
    When people are condemned for expressing an unpopular opinion, this creates resentment and counter condemnation. Nobody changes their mind by getting blasted for their opinions
    Hatred and intolerance cannot be cured with more hatred and intolerance. Love, compassion and kindness are much more effective tools in countering these attitudes.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ted For This Post:

bluestflame (15th December 2016), DNA (15th December 2016), Ewan (20th December 2016), Maunagarjana (1st March 2017), TargeT (15th December 2016)

39. Link to Post #60
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Ted, life 'style' is a choice. We don't choose our gender, nor do we choose to have a very feminine or masculine brain/mind incompatible with our bodies. Do you get that the way you are framing this might trigger anger? It's like saying our racial heritage is a lifestyle choice.

I admit a lot of people go WAY too far with this and we shouldn't need to accommodate several hundred incremental differences in gender. Super impractical-- all those different bathrooms, for one.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

BMJ (20th December 2016), Chester (20th December 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast