+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aajonus Vonderplanitz is dead

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

Default Aajonus Vonderplanitz is dead

He died in august of 2013. I just found out an hour ago. I'm absolutely stunned.

He was arguably the founder of the paleo diet movement..and no doubt the founder of the raw meat diet.

He fought tirelessly for food rights, particularly the right to purchase raw milk legally. Predictably, he made some enemies in the process. He believed strongly that several attempts were made on his life. In one instance he claims "agents" tied him to his bed in Thailand and injected him with various toxic substances. In another, his car was tampered with in some way and he wound up upside down in a swamp...

His death does nothing to temper these claims...

Apparently his 2nd floor balcony mysteriously collapsed while he stepped outside one evening. He fell and broke his back.. He survived for a couple days but ultimately succumbed to death. It smells very funny to me..

This man was one of my nutritional heroes. His books and.influence gave me hope in some of my darkest times. It was my hope to meet him someday, if only to shake his hand. He always had my utmost respect. A great man. Thats about all I can say now. I'm just too stunned to say anything worthwhile at the moment

2. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

6pounder (7th April 2016), Alan (7th April 2016), anandacate (7th April 2016), Becky (7th April 2016), Bill Ryan (7th April 2016), Calz (7th April 2016), Carmody (7th April 2016), conk (8th April 2016), Curt (8th April 2016), Debra (8th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Eram (7th April 2016), gaiagirl (9th April 2016), GrnEggsNHam (8th April 2016), Hervé (7th April 2016), hohoemi (7th April 2016), Ioneo (7th April 2016), JRS (8th April 2016), justntime2learn (7th April 2016), Lefty Dave (7th April 2016), Lifebringer (9th April 2016), LindyLou22 (8th April 2016), Magneticman (7th April 2016), Nasu (7th April 2016), raregem (7th April 2016), Rex (7th April 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (7th April 2016), seko (7th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016), Sophocles (7th April 2016), sunflower (7th April 2016), Sunny (7th April 2016), Sunny-side-up (7th April 2016), Wind (7th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Aajonus Vonderplanitz is dead

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Becky (7th April 2016), Calz (7th April 2016), Curt (8th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016), Hervé (7th April 2016), justntime2learn (7th April 2016), Lifebringer (9th April 2016), Magneticman (7th April 2016), Mike (7th April 2016), Nasu (7th April 2016), Rex (7th April 2016), RunningDeer (7th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016), Sophocles (7th April 2016), Wind (7th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thanks Bill, wasnt sure how to post the link from my phone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (7th April 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 times in 314 posts

I read somewhere that he recommended that you smeared raw meat with feces and left it for days before eating it. I never wanted to try his "regimen".

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by delfine (here)
    I read somewhere that he recommended that you smeared raw meat with feces and left it for days before eating it. I never wanted to try his "regimen".

Thank you delfine. that was helpful.

(I read somewhere that if you turn out the lights in your bathroom, light a candle, and chant the name "bloody mary" 3 times, this evil spirit will appear in the mirror. Read that somewhere...)

Delfine please, if youre going to post something that absurd, youll need to post a link or 2 to back it up, otherwise youre just...sigh...oh nevermind...

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

6pounder (7th April 2016), Bluegreen (7th April 2016), Calz (8th April 2016), Curt (8th April 2016), JRS (8th April 2016), LindyLou22 (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (7th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member anandacate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,107 times in 131 posts

Unhappy Re: Aajonus Vonderplanitz is dead

I first learned of Aajonus in 2003 when I was in the San Francisco Bay Area figuring out how to recover from a lifetime of chronic slow deterioration that peaked with a cancer diagnosis in 2002.

A group of friends in the area who knew of my situation highly recommended his book based on their own experience following his advice. It totally resonated with me and made perfect sense to eat as close to nature as possible.

I saw Aajonus at least a half dozen times when he came to Chicago (I live in the Midwest)--he was the only one who could tell me the root cause of my chronic deterioration. I had been to many doctors and healers--no one got it diagnosed until Aajonus.

I saw him almost yearly starting in 2004--he would read my irises, give me a progress report, and fine tune his recommendations. I would also attend his workshop.

I totally respected him because he taught us to not be afraid of our bodies--to use nutrition and other natural routines to help our bodies heal. He wanted us to use our intuition and be self-sufficient.

Aajonus totally walked his talk. Am still following his advice now for almost 13 years (eat all my food raw but no meat at the moment) and works great for me!

I found out about his death the day after it happened--total tragedy. Took me a while to realize I would never see him again ...

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to anandacate For This Post:

6pounder (7th April 2016), Bluegreen (7th April 2016), conk (8th April 2016), Mike (7th April 2016), RunningDeer (7th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016), TargeT (8th April 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

That was a wonderful post anandacate! It's great to hear from people who worked with aajonus and knew him firsthand.

Thank you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

RunningDeer (8th April 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,612 times in 20,703 posts

That rates being added to my list of all time favorite posts on Avalon. Thanks Mike!
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)

(I read somewhere that if you turn out the lights in your bathroom, light a candle, and chant the name "bloody mary" 3 times, this evil spirit will appear in the mirror. Read that somewhere...)

Delfine please, if youre going to post something that absurd, youll need to post a link or 2 to back it up, otherwise youre just...sigh...oh nevermind...
    Each breath a gift...

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

conk (8th April 2016), LindyLou22 (8th April 2016), Mike (7th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 times in 364 posts

He was definitely an advocate of eating "high meat" (i.e. rotten, raw meat). Google it if you doubt this.

I have his book "We Want to Live", was quite amazed by it when I read it.
    Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan For This Post:

Mike (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Alan (here)
    He was definitely an advocate of eating "high meat" (i.e. rotten, raw meat). Google it if you doubt this.

I have his book "We Want to Live", was quite amazed by it when I read it.

Hi there,

I have the book too. And his recipe book. Almost all his recommendations are for fresh, raw meat.

I only found 1 quote having to do with spoiled meat in his books. Its on the bottom of pg 25 of his recipe book "the recipe for living without disease". It's as follows: "a little spoiled raw food has been shown to be beneficial to health, but not when processed, sterilized and eaten repeatedly. Diets of spoiled, cooked and processed foods have proved repeatedly to coincide with disease. We may pay twice more for them, through loss of health and work..."

Besides, I have no problem with a little rotten or spoiled meat. The research ive done on it is quite positive. If true, it doesnt change my opinion of Aajonus one bit.

I do object to wiping feces on meat and eating it. That would change my opinion of him. It was an absurd comment

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

I first learned of high meat from Dawn’s thread. Here’s one such post #360:

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    I'm speaking of making your own 'high meat'. I started mine in advance of completing this protocol because I knew I'd benefit from it. It takes a full 30 days to make high meat so you need to plan ahead. This is an excellent source of natural supportive e-coli and can even cure colon cancer and heal other ailments of the digestive tract. Here are the benefits:
    1) an effective and inexpensive probiotic
    2) known as 'high' meat because you will be very happy for 3days to 10 days after consumption. Apparently the 'wee beasties' in it secrete happiness chemicals!

Here's how you do it. Buy some grass fed beef. I bought a smal filet mignon tri tip steak. Cut it into little 1/2 inch cubes and place in a clean jar with a tight fitting lid. Don't fill the jar more than 1/2 to 1/3 full so there is lots of room for air in the jar. Refrigerate your meat cubes. Every 3-4 days take your jar out and remove the lid... waive the jar around in the fresh outside air for a few minutes and put the lid back on. Refrigerate until it is time for the next 'outing'. Be sure to do this OUTSIDE(!) because it will begin to smell strongly after 10 days or so. After 30 days it is ready to eat... and it is good for at least a year... as long as you refrigerate it and air it out every few days. (note: if you go on vacation it will be OK... just air it out when you get home)

When I made my first 'High Meat' I was pretty scared to take that first bite. Strangely my body was not frightened at all. It actually smelled and tasted good to me and I would get cravings for it. In the beginning I craved it every few days, then that changed to weekly, and slowly the length of time between cravings grew. One day after about 5 months I realized I hadn't eaten any high meat for about a month... eventually I threw the left over high meat away.

So... now I am starting again. My mouth actually waters when I think of taking my first bite ... but I can't do that until July 17... it will be 30 days old then and safe to eat.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alan (8th April 2016), Curt (8th April 2016), GrnEggsNHam (8th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mike (here)

You´re welcome:
    http://180degreehealth.com/aajonus-vonderplanitz/

"For those of you who aren’t familiar with Aajonus, consider yourself lucky. Aajonus is one hell of a weird dude, and some of the most outlandish and perverse things I’ve encountered people doing were done per the advice of this first degree diet Guru. Everything from eating rotten meat and feces to drinking your own urine or using semen as a topical cream. Thanks Aajonus. "

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/t...Comment3560044

"Aajonus also recommends eating animal products for b12. But he says its not enough and you must put some meat in a glass jar and leave it in the fridge for a few months to 'get high'. Im talking black, green and blue 'high'. He also advise coprophagia (eating your own s***e). One recipie Aajonus Vonderplanitz advises is 'a cut of fatty meat, smeared with your own faeces and put inside a glass jar in the fridge for 6months plus.'"

https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=134828
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by delfine; 8th April 2016 at 10:05.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delfine For This Post:

kirolak (12th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Jeez delfine....all you had to do was tell me from the start that 2 internet bloggers said so, and I wouldnt have given.you such a hard time!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike For This Post:

TargeT (8th April 2016)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

... post deleted ...
    Firstly, thank u for the kind words.

Seriously, I apologize for the sarcasm, but you jumped on what was essentially a eulogy thread and made some sensational claims with no backbone at all...

And I dont think the links provide said.backbone...

Thats it.

No hard feelings I hope
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th April 2016 at 16:29. Reason: edited to delete delfine's hostile post.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Curt (8th April 2016), onawah (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

“Tenderizing meat” is not my cup of tea. Stating the obvious...there are degrees to anything and it’s up to each of us to find the right fit.

Not so off topic based on some of the above posts…what came to mind was something I read about how John Duff, a retired submarine commander, saved Catherine, his wife’s life.

"And I had been literally dying the day before," she says.
    "I was going into renal failure - I was dying."

Article By-Line: You would have to be desperate to take a sample of your husband's excrement, liquidise it in a kitchen blender and then insert it into your body with an off-the-shelf enema kit. This article contains images and descriptions which some might find shocking.

In April 2012, Catherine Duff was ready to try anything. She was wasting away with crippling abdominal pains, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea so severe she was confined to the house. At 56, in the US state of Indiana, she had come down with her sixth Clostridium difficile infection in six years.

[article here]

Personal accounts from patients @ The Fecal Transplant Foundation.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Curt (8th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,752 times in 32,946 posts

... post deleted ...
    [Mod hat on]

@ Delfine: Not okay. The links you provided were interesting (and I read them), but your attitude from the start was hostile and confrontational. That's on a thread where Mike shared that he was shocked that someone he had valued had died a little while back, unbeknownst to him. You could easily have presented the information you wanted others to know without being so offensive.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Curt (8th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), onawah (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

32. Link to Post #17
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks

Sorry if I came across as being confrontational. It was not my intention. The name Aajonus Vonderplanits just rang a bell and I wanted to know more about the subject, that´s all.

From Bill: Thank you!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th April 2016 at 17:05.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delfine For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Please! I have all of Vonderplanitz' books and I don't recall anything remotely akin to eating feces. He does advocate infant fecal matter transplants, but with that protocol the feces goes in the sound end of the alimentary canal, not the north end!

High meat is a fascinating subject, said to be extremely healing. It seems we could live on raw honey, raw milk, and raw meat. "Hey, we're having a dinner party". "No, no, er, ah, no thanks". haha. Aajonus wrote of eating high meat that was over a year old, going on to say you'd best open the jar outside due to the smell. Any high meat eaters here? Dawn would be likely to have tried it, but she isn't around much anymore. Edit: Sorry, I posted before reading the whole thread. RunningDeer already made reference to my thoughts.
    Last edited by conk; 8th April 2016 at 17:18.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

delfine (8th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016), TargeT (8th April 2016)

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Any high meat eaters here? Dawn would be likely to have tried it, but she isn't around much anymore. Edit: Sorry, I posted before reading the whole thread. RunningDeer already made reference to my thoughts.
    Dawn shared her good-byes in March, 2015: "I am finally flying again." She's a pioneer with expanded ideas and the patience to share them in a straightforward way.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

conk (14th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

That's probably really good for you... Do you really think your distaste for something you haven't tried has any relevance to what is healthy?

"For those of you who aren’t familiar with Aajonus, consider yourself lucky. Aajonus is one hell of a weird dude, and some of the most outlandish and perverse things I’ve encountered people doing were done per the advice of this first degree diet Guru. Everything from eating rotten meat and feces to drinking your own urine or using semen as a topical cream. Thanks Aajonus. "
    "Rotten" meat is probably amazing for you... probably even moreso than fermented veggies (also amazingly healthy for you).

Hey delfine, did you know that you have 3-7 pounds of microbes in your gut at all times?

I've drank my own pee several times & I'm sure I've used semen as a topical cream on accident at least once (my wife certainly has).

Just because you haven't done it before doesn't mean you shouldn't... especially when it's just based on a feeling or emotion.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

conk (14th April 2016), Mike (8th April 2016), RunningDeer (8th April 2016), Sierra (9th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast