+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone feel like we're living in Virtual Reality prison since the advent of the mobile & smart phone

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 times in 241 posts

Default Does anyone feel like we're living in Virtual Reality prison since the advent of the mobile & smart phone

The title pretty much explains the purpose of the thread.

I could wax lyrical, embellish & pad things out but its a kind of a to the bone question for some.

Could we do better if we left this particular lifestyle accessory behind & claimed back all of the things we use to love about being unreachable & disconnected to name but 2 of the advantages/ disadvantages .

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

Andynko (10th April 2016), drneglector (11th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (11th April 2016), thepainterdoug (17th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,036 times in 1,046 posts

Default Re: Does anyone feel like we're living in Virtual Reality prison since the advent of the mobile & smart phone

I boycott anything that has 'smart' in front of it, also boycott facebook, twitter etc. Don't need their conditioning crapola.

Automatically avoid what has become the obvious that is part of their manipulation tactics. Go shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Question Everything, twice or maybe trice..........

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

BMJ (11th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), JoePiscapo (11th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), peterpam (12th April 2016), uzn (11th April 2016), Verdilac (11th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone feel like we're living in Virtual Reality prison since the advent of the mobile & smart phone

Mine has an on off button...
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

Conde (11th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), risveglio (13th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,154 times in 320 posts

i believe that this reality is what we choose to make of it. be it a prison or a holiday..

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), risveglio (13th April 2016), Shannon (16th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (14th April 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,716 times in 7,043 posts

Quote Posted by Verdilac (here)
    Could we do better if we left this particular lifestyle accessory behind & claimed back all of the things we use to love about being unreachable & disconnected to name but 2 of the advantages/ disadvantages .
    Personal responsibility is a hard topic.

Do you really think the phone is at fault? Did you know that every generation has this feeling, they just voice it contextually different, for example:

So don't worry, you're just being human

And it's hard not to find examples all over that re-enforce the OP question...
    Last edited by TargeT; 11th April 2016 at 12:47.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Carmody (14th April 2016), Chip (14th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (11th April 2016), genevieve (11th April 2016), hohoemi (14th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), risveglio (13th April 2016), RunningDeer (11th April 2016), silverfish (3rd May 2016), sunpaw (16th April 2016), thunder24 (14th April 2016), uzn (11th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016), zen deik (17th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 269,716 times in 19,912 posts

Dr Bill Deagle enjoys making clever, meaningful puns abut topics that affect us all.

In his seminal and inspired Dec 2006 Granada Forum Lecture (as relevant now as it was then, and still one of the most important videos for anyone to watch and understand), Dr Bill called one of his presentation sections: "Technologies of the Electronic Cage".

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,531 times in 2,195 posts

Yep...if you think about it...it's soooo clever the way they get us to create a reality that suits them.

We need a big shift to change the mindset. When...who knows...

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to viking For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), TargeT (12th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,857 times in 1,120 posts

Watching American's hold a pen or pencil horrified me. The pencil should rest on the second finger while each side of the pencil is held between the thumb and first finger. I cannot even describe the impossibly difficult and painful looking manner in which they have been taught to hold a pen or pencil. The grammar of the English language has been bastardized. The subject and the object have been twisted around, sentences are ended in a preposition, and many other sins which I cannot not bring to mind at this late hour of the night. I know that people are being deliberately taught these errors because I hear them consistently over the media, etc. Additionally, I note that keyboards are being deleted from computers, making the written word even more difficult or impossible to communicate. This is to drive a further wedge between people to render them even more ignorant and controllable. The history of this country has not been taught, so that 98% of the people do not know that the Constitution is merely an agreement which changes between the Federal Reserve, a private corporation, and the Government and peoples of the United States of America. Did you know that under the last such Constitution, of which there have been several, that YOU ARE A SLAVE WITHOUT EVEN THE RIGHT TO LIVE IF THEY SO DECIDE? The recent law brought in by Obama is merely a restatement of the same. We MUST RETURN TO THE FIRST CONSTITUTION, WORD FOR WORD. First the Federal Reserve stole the people's gold in exchange for paper, then they taxed them cruelly, made them raise armies to fight with weapons which they financed and grew rich upon. In the process, the people's constitution was abducted and changed without their knowledge, the 14th Amendment of which render them slaves without rights to life, liberty or property; and now, they have taken over all the corporations and research centers like DARPA and the military and they have ordered Genocide. This is the standard Nazi progression to death. They next are moving the stupid people to exchange their senses for machine controls in their bodies to "once again" enter into a once removed world like "The Matrix." Radiation which is killing from cell phones is not enough, they want you all turned into mindless robots. These people are DEADLY ENEMIES and must be dealt with.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amor For This Post:

East Sun (12th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), risveglio (13th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

Do you really think the phone is at fault? Did you know that every generation has this feeling, they just voice it contextually different, for example:

TargeT that was wonderful & I do genuinely thank you for posting that.

1894 & 1895 really stand out for me . The former I think & the latter I feel deeply at the moment. Don't get me started on 1891 as it would be hypocritical given my grammar on some posts.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

Carmody (14th April 2016), Chip (14th April 2016), MorningSong (14th April 2016), Shannon (16th April 2016), TargeT (14th April 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by amor (here)
    Watching American's hold a pen or pencil horrified me. The pencil should rest on the second finger while each side of the pencil is held between the thumb and first finger. I cannot even describe the impossibly difficult and painful looking manner in which they have been taught to hold a pen or pencil. The grammar of the English language has been bastardized. The subject and the object have been twisted around, sentences are ended in a preposition, and many other sins which I cannot not bring to mind at this late hour of the night. I know that people are being deliberately taught these errors because I hear them consistently over the media, etc. Additionally, I note that keyboards are being deleted from computers, making the written word even more difficult or impossible to communicate. This is to drive a further wedge between people to render them even more ignorant and controllable. The history of this country has not been taught, so that 98% of the people do not know that the Constitution is merely an agreement which changes between the Federal Reserve, a private corporation, and the Government and peoples of the United States of America. Did you know that under the last such Constitution, of which there have been several, that YOU ARE A SLAVE WITHOUT EVEN THE RIGHT TO LIVE IF THEY SO DECIDE? The recent law brought in by Obama is merely a restatement of the same. We MUST RETURN TO THE FIRST CONSTITUTION, WORD FOR WORD. First the Federal Reserve stole the people's gold in exchange for paper, then they taxed them cruelly, made them raise armies to fight with weapons which they financed and grew rich upon. In the process, the people's constitution was abducted and changed without their knowledge, the 14th Amendment of which render them slaves without rights to life, liberty or property; and now, they have taken over all the corporations and research centers like DARPA and the military and they have ordered Genocide. This is the standard Nazi progression to death. They next are moving the stupid people to exchange their senses for machine controls in their bodies to "once again" enter into a once removed world like "The Matrix." Radiation which is killing from cell phones is not enough, they want you all turned into mindless robots. These people are DEADLY ENEMIES and must be dealt with.
    I do agree what a lot of what you have said Amor.

But can I just say that the people that seem like "Deadly Enemies" aren't always what they appear to be from a cursory judgement, its just that many have never been reached or informed, some of them do listen as I have tried personally .

We need evolution not revolution, as the type of revolution that generally prevails is one which sets uniformed people against uniformed people. We can really do without that as were just going to be stuck in this fight & forget cycle for a long time to come.
    Last edited by Verdilac; 14th April 2016 at 23:42.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

MorningSong (14th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Wide-Eyed's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

HEY T WE COOL RIGHT? l got you- you're good ! LOL Good stuff love the post. Straight out a sight, domo arigato Mr. Robato on that Right on TARGET!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wide-Eyed For This Post:

Shannon (16th April 2016), TargeT (14th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,040 times in 10,210 posts

We are now in the era of modern democratization of film. The quality of film will go the same way as did the idea of letters and functional tomes and the writing of said tomes.

For good or ill...Facebook is the place where people can vapidly expand their cloud of self affected crap. The body (drive) and desire requires it, it demands it. (extreme examples will be easy to find, and are)

First the expansion and the flopping about, then the contraction back into something that works. but first.... the expanded buffonish vapid crap.

You may not think it, but Facebook can and will get bigger.

Regarding films, if you've seen some breathtaking quality of imagery in modern digitally sourced films (the vast majority are now filmed with digital cameras), that raw image fidelity can be had for as low as $5kUS. The skill to use it may not be there, but the camera (body) quality most definitely is. the best image quality you've seen in a given high quality film theater, is now available, in your hands for that $5kUS.

Learning to use it, is another matter altogether. But you can see how this democratizes 'film'. Millions of films will now be made, over the next few decades, with smaller and smaller audiences, with more and more specialization --- and that is indeed a fact. Blockbusters will still be around, but this other thing will most definitely arise. It will follow the same general path as the internet, but with imagery.

It will definitely include VR. Fractal explosion. If you think it is a VR-like prison now, well, it's nothing compared to what is coming. Not even a fart in a windstorm compared to what is coming.
    Last edited by Carmody; 14th April 2016 at 02:45.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Shannon (16th April 2016), TargeT (14th April 2016), thunder24 (14th April 2016), Verdilac (14th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (14th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,891 times in 1,818 posts

livin in the middle of the woods and moutains and nature ...in the past, lets say six months, iv been looking at the scenery and thinking to myself how it seems so artificial...not that i have thought about it being virtual specifically, but how it seems like the whole reality with out electronics is a game....not that life is a game but that we are the characters in it...

I know philisophically this has been presented before but i guess its the perspective of just looking at it with in mind, dimensions, aliens, archons, the bubble world in men in black where willsmith puts his finger in the atmosphere of the ball and they cry the sky is falling... it all is so real yet seems so artificial... not sure this is on topic but seemed to fit disregarding "our" technology...
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thunder24 For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), Shannon (16th April 2016), TargeT (16th April 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

Smartphone,a powerful tool.... Any question pertaining to real problems can be answered quickly, couple that with common sense and a little mechanical ability it's wonderful, connected with others sharing ideas sometimes leads to enlightenment, connected with people I haven't seen in years is joyfully...gotta put this down and go back to work now....😓
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), sunpaw (16th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 269,716 times in 19,912 posts

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (16th April 2016), Awakening2014 (20th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), lastlegs (17th April 2016), Shannon (16th April 2016), silverfish (3rd May 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016), zen deik (16th April 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 times in 2,000 posts

I have not given my unwanted mobile phone number to anyone, as I hate it. Only used it when parents were dying to give/get info.
    However, since I got my ipad, I am addicted, and keep checking into my 5 tabs frequently. Used to have 12 tabs, but must get out and do stuff. Btw, sitting stuffing your mind with the latest 'honest info' makes you fat! Get exercise and don't just stay online all day! 😱
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), Shannon (16th April 2016), silverfish (3rd May 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016), zen deik (16th April 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,572 times in 734 posts

this is why were not meant to live too long. we cannot process the changes within our time span. ask a kid if he feels this way? not. he has already accepted this as the norm and when his time comes, he in turn will be outraged by some newer intolerable development . progress is a strange concept indeed

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), TargeT (17th April 2016)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,381 times in 3,873 posts

In John Keel's 'mothman prophecy' book, the inscrutable men in black were known to arrive in near perfect condition cadillacs...some 20 yrs or older...they even *smelled* new. But when their license plates were run against the US database of million n millions of registered plates, they couldnt be found..

I recently told of a book I read called 'the demonologist'...where there was an incident of a game of "chicken" between ed Warren and what he at first thought was a regular old car....until in vanished..

I don't think these men in black or these demons have a car shop where they get together and restore old cadillacs they conjured them somehow....or *downloaded* them into our reality for a brief time. I think this downloading may also be responsible for bigfoot and various other crypto creatures...and even some ufo's..

Question is: who is doing the downloading?

I think our entire.waking life is virtual reality in a way...phones n computers etc are basically virtual realities inside a virtual reality
    Last edited by Mike; 17th April 2016 at 03:19.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), thunder24 (17th April 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016)

37. Link to Post #19
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,716 times in 7,043 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I think our entire.waking life is virtual reality in a way...phones n computers etc are basically virtual realities inside a virtual reality
    Want proof?

Look at this:
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Awakening2014 (20th April 2016), Iloveyou (17th April 2016), Innocent Warrior (17th April 2016), Mike (17th April 2016), thunder24 (17th April 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (18th April 2016)

39. Link to Post #20
    Australia Avalon Member Innocent Warrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,313 times in 3,058 posts

Quote The entire lives of Monarch slaves are kept on records. Zbigniew Brezinski, and the heads of the CIA, and Sec. of Defense Cheney are just some of the men known about who have access to the computer records that contain records on every active Monarch slave. Not everyone has a price, but everyone will respond to their needs being met. James K. Van Fleet, an important military intelligence officer, wrote about how to manage people. In military intelligence, they keep files on people where they identify which subconscious desires of people are important to the person at the time. All this information is kept in SOFT FILES--which are not official files, so these files have never officially existed and are not given up even to Congressional subpoenas. The Intelligence agencies know that if they find out what the person wants above all else in life, they can control the person.

The nine areas that are monitored to see if they are important at the moment are:

1. emotional security

2. recognition of efforts or reassurance of worth

3. creative outlets

4. a sense of personal power

5. a sense of roots--belonging somewhere

6. immortality

7. ego-gratification

8. love in all its forms

9. new experiences

Once they monitor these areas and then they determine which needs are priority needs for the person, then they will use what they call "the depth approach" to subconsciously gratify those needs in a way that they gain control over the person.

Modern companies are doing this too. Dough mix isnít sold, but making a family memory with the children is. Soap isnít sold to get dishes clean--but rather soft beautiful hands are sold. Cosmetic companies donít sell an item--they sell you hope or an image. Fruit dealers donít sell fruit, they sell health and vitality. Car dealers donít sell cars, they sell prestige and images. Freezers arenít sold, emotional security from having a full freezer is sold. They have learned to genuinely appeal to the 9 subconscious desires.
    Source.

How many of the nine subconscious desires does the mobile/cell phone fulfil, how many does social media fulfil? I'm with Bill, the term cell phone is fitting. Fortunately, we choose our relationship with this cell, we choose whether it's a device of convenience or, like Mike accurately wrote, another virtual reality within this virtual reality.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

Mike (17th April 2016), Verdilac (17th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast