+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't believe your dermatologist -- sunlight prevents cancer

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,744 times in 487 posts

Default Don't believe your dermatologist -- sunlight prevents cancer

Many probably know this and for those of us who do not...

http://www.sott.net/article/316345-D...revents-cancer

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Frankie Pancakes For This Post:

Art (14th April 2016), bluestflame (14th April 2016), Czarek (13th April 2016), DeDukshyn (13th April 2016), DNA (13th April 2016), fourty-two (18th April 2016), Ioneo (14th April 2016), Joao (16th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), Nasu (14th April 2016), ozlemer (15th April 2016), seah (13th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016), TeXaR (14th April 2016), WhiteFeather (13th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,368 times in 300 posts

Default Re: Don't believe your dermatologist -- sunlight prevents cancer

I love the sun but in the summer I burn like mad and it has gotten worse with age. If I don't wear a rash guard at the beach I can't sleep for a week if my back gets burned. Thoughts? Ideas?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rex For This Post:

Althena (14th April 2016), DeDukshyn (13th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

The sun is not what is used to be, I remember when it didn't burn as much and it felt warm, not scorching hot like nowadays.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I wouldn't recommend it with 2 suns in the immediate areas. No telling if gammas or other stuff that's dangerous in a ray, could do. Humans aren't invincible, and a double sun scenerio, makes me want to be more cautious. If it was just ole Sol, I'd say spend at least a few hours in the sun weekly 8 hrs. That should be more than enough vitamin D and A intake. Just be careful and use aloe and coconut oil for prevention of severe burning if you're sensitive.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Althena (13th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

it's been known for a long time that sun screens (lotions) in combination with sun rays cause skin cancer and not the sun itself-

be well all-

Larry

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Althena (13th April 2016), Art (14th April 2016), bettye198 (13th April 2016), DeDukshyn (13th April 2016), Elisheva (15th April 2016), Hazelfern (15th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), seko (13th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Rex (here)
    I love the sun but in the summer I burn like mad and it has gotten worse with age. If I don't wear a rash guard at the beach I can't sleep for a week if my back gets burned. Thoughts? Ideas?
    White cotton -- cuts out a fair bit of the "burn" while still letting some rays through. I have tanned nicely through a white cotton shirt - got watch for farmer's tan though if your wearing a t-shirt.
    Also limited time exposure. 15 minutes with 50% of you body revealed in bright sunlight is enough to get a good dose of vitamin D. (~20,000 iu -- and for some reason your body can't OD when taken in from sunlight - not sure why exactly)

I'm getting more sensitive these days, and while 'experts' say that a getting an initial tan/ light burn early in the year doesn't make you less prone to getting burned -- it 100% certainly does for me.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 13th April 2016 at 23:00.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Althena (14th April 2016), bettye198 (13th April 2016), meat suit (16th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), Rex (14th April 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    it's been known for a long time that sun screens (lotions) in combination with sun rays cause skin cancer and not the sun itself-

be well all-

Larry

Quote Skin care[edit]

Bergamot is used in many skin care creams.[citation needed]

In the past, psoralen extracted from bergamot oil has been used in tanning accelerators and sunscreens. These substances were known to be photocarcinogenic since 1959,[26] but they were only banned from sunscreens in 1995.[27] These photocarcinogenic substances were banned years after they had caused many cases of malignant melanoma and deaths.[28]

Key Point: Known cancer causing agent in 1959; Finally banned from skin care products and sunscreens / tanning lotions in 1995. Cue Bono?

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

meat suit (16th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), PurpleLama (14th April 2016), starlight (5th May 2017)

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

My understanding is that we have a sun, going into fall in about 200 years due to the many nefarious harnasses between the dark energies of the fallen angelics. That said, the galaxy is already on a tilt because of the 55 Merkaba which they plan on using to harnass to the black hole. This has been going on for some time so the wobble of the orbit( which many astrologers know about) has created some fragmented planetary bodies as many are pulled into parallel Earth. With all this going on, the solar flares are dangerous. We no longer have a stable magnetosphere or a solar cycle. I can understand why we need to be cautious in exposing ourselves to too much sunlight. And I agree with other posts, the sunguards and creams are adding to the skin cancers. Best to arm the body internally and keep to wearing hats and shady umbrellas while sitting on a beach or hiking the mountains.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Hazelfern (15th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 times in 321 posts

The sun has been playing a part in advancing humanity through this stellar activation cycle for many years now. It not only filters through your skin but also through the eyes. The push to use sunscreens came about for the usual reason; to stop/slow our spiritual development. This info was given to me around ten years ago in a nonphysical encounter.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), PurpleLama (14th April 2016), Rex (14th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016), starlight (5th May 2017)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by seah (here)
    The sun has been playing a part in advancing humanity through this stellar activation cycle for many years now. It not only filters through your skin but also through the eyes. The push to use sunscreens came about for the usual reason; to stop/slow our spiritual development. This info was given to me around ten years ago in a nonphysical encounter.
    Echoed my personal inclinations almost perfectly

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), PurpleLama (14th April 2016), seah (14th April 2016), TargeT (14th April 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,572 times in 5,713 posts

If youre getting plenty of healthy fats, sunlight won't harm you. Thats my understanding in a nutshell.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Art (14th April 2016), fourty-two (18th April 2016), Michelle Marie (14th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016), StandingWave (14th April 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Hi everyone,

As with everything some sunlight is good. we get vitamin d and many other benefits from sun exposure.

Dont go crazy with it though. know your limits. know the intensity of the sunlight. i always advise my patients to get early morning or late evening sunlight. never mid day sun! esp in the tropics.

I once was on a boat cruise in thailand and there was a fair young italian boy about 17 years old. came with no shirt just a pair of really short pants and sunglasses.. we went out at 10 am, saw the corals, had a swim, some lunch, and by 3 -4 pm he was as red as a cooked prawn.. and he was in pain.

whilst it is true that melanomas can occur anywhere, other skin cancers such as skin SCC have some epidemiological correlation to extended (as in years) sun exposure, with higher incidence in lighter skin tones.

There is a fitzpatrick scale that correlates sun exposure and tanning ability.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/reactions/phototype.html

good article highlighting why sunscreens arent as beneficial as one might think.

JT

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lancet For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (14th April 2016), Ellisa (14th April 2016), Rex (14th April 2016), Soda (14th April 2016), TargeT (14th April 2016), TeXaR (14th April 2016)

24. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Follow Lancet's advice, and also wear a long sleeved cotton shirt and a hat with a brim when out in the hottest part of the day. It is quite rare to see a burnt person in my part of Australia, and they are usually visitors, especially Europeans! On the beach our children wear long sleeved wet-suit type costumes and sunhats like a kepi. EVERYONE here in Australia knows someone with a melanoma, and unfortunately many of them will die, often young.

Whilst sun caused cancer is important to try to avoid, just getting burnt is often not only painful but can cause scarring that is permanent. I crisp up nicely after only minutes in full sun, and once had to take 4 days sick' leave with sun 'stroke'. You only do that once!

I actually do not like sunscreen, a lot of them give me a rash, but I am very careful about sun exposure itself and only have the suggested 15 minutes per day in the morning. I actually dislike summer a lot!!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

Elisheva (15th April 2016), ramus (14th April 2016), TeXaR (14th April 2016), wnlight (14th April 2016)

26. Link to Post #14
    Europe Unsubscribed
    Thanks

How about this?

But you know about mad dogs and Englishmen........

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,052 times in 2,398 posts

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    The sun is not what is used to be, I remember when it didn't burn as much and it felt warm, not scorching hot like nowadays.
    Agree with this, even through a shirt I can feel a burning sensation on my back. (And thats in Nth England!) I do put some of that down to increased sensitivity following a long regime of toxic medicines though.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Althena (14th April 2016), TeXaR (14th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Unsubscribed Biff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    I wouldn't recommend it with 2 suns in the immediate areas. No telling if gammas or other stuff that's dangerous in a ray, could do. Humans aren't invincible, and a double sun scenerio, makes me want to be more cautious. If it was just ole Sol, I'd say spend at least a few hours in the sun weekly 8 hrs. That should be more than enough vitamin D and A intake. Just be careful and use aloe and coconut oil for prevention of severe burning if you're sensitive.
    Where do you get the idea that there are two suns in our solar system? Thanks.
    Last edited by Biff; 14th April 2016 at 10:44.

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 times in 321 posts

check out any material by Andy Lloyd, Biff.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

Biff (14th April 2016), ramus (14th April 2016)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

coconut oil is 5 SPF, JUST enough to cut the burn out, but still give you that vitamin D deliciousness plus it's great for your skin/hair any cuts you have etc..... I do not wear sunblock and live on a tropical island with TONS of sun... I'd say the sun is great for you BUT, constant sun exposure is damaging to skin (it's a complex process, some damage is actually good for you, chronic exposure is not), just like everything else in reality: moderation in everything.

Quote Posted by Biff (here)
    Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    Where do you get the idea that there are two suns in our solar system? Thanks.
    From my understanding, it would be pretty obvious that there were two suns in or near our solar system.
    Last edited by TargeT; 14th April 2016 at 13:00.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Awakening2014 (20th April 2016), Biff (14th April 2016), DeDukshyn (14th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (14th April 2016), Eram (14th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (14th April 2016), kirolak (18th April 2016), PurpleLama (14th April 2016), ramus (14th April 2016), Rex (14th April 2016), TeXaR (14th April 2016)

34. Link to Post #19
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Use organic apple cider vinegar with the mother, apply liberally over any sunburnt areas. It stings the worse depending on the severity of the burn, but thats very breif compared to the burn itself. It will take the heat out of the burn, so you can sleep that night and the next day your skin will be mostly recovered. It is an amazing cure for sunburn, as recommended in the Edgar Cayce readings. I've used this remedy dozens of times over the last five years on everyone in my family. Keep applying it until it stops stinging and then let it breathe for a while (an hour or two), keep it uncovered.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 14th April 2016 at 13:28.

35. Link to Post #20
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

If combined with target's suggestion above, you will also make a really great salad dressing.

I should also mention as an aside, that should one start developing any suspicious moles/cancers anywhere on the skin, if you mix a little cold pressed castor oil with a little baking soda into a paste, and apply that to the problem every day for a week or two, the spot will simply wither and fall off. For any lesser skin condition, rubbing a drop of oil into any mole or pimple or skin tag or whatever will make it heal/diminish/disappear in about the same amount of time, well normal pimples like teens get go much faster.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 14th April 2016 at 13:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast