+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast

Thread: Is The Fukushima Radiation Being Blown Out of Proportion?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,965 times in 4,334 posts

Default Re: Is The Fukushima Radiation Being Blown Out of Proportion?

I thought this was pretty good as well. Especially because it points out that the scary radiation spreading map is bogus and shows that it is actually showing tsunami waves and the direction they are traveling after the earthquake of 3-ll. This makes sense if you follow that red line to Oregon being as they (Oregon) had the strongest tsunami waves of those that hit the USA.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	300-tons-radioactive-water-japan.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	33305  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th April 2016), Baby Steps (16th April 2016), joeecho (16th April 2016), ulli (17th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    ...But I'll still dig, because, well, when it comes down to it, I like fish, and this whole thing has turned me completely away from fish.
    So, if nothing else, I'm going to dig just so I can know for 100% weather or not I can go back to the tasty bounty of the sea.

Or not...

If you're going to stop eating anything that could potentially harm your body, you're pretty much going to have to stop eating. There's also a fairly high risk of the air you're breathing being contaminated with pathogens, so maybe it would be best to stop breathing as well, just to be safe.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

Carmen (19th April 2016), DNA (16th April 2016), joeecho (16th April 2016), PurpleLama (16th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    Also, think about this...if Fukushima is THAT bad, killing the Pacific, contaminating all of sea life, threatening the very existence of mankind, there would be a massive worldwide effort, headlines every day, countries all over working tirelessly together, to fix the problem.
    Unless, of course, the objective of the people who own the media was to kill off most of the people on the planet.
    Last edited by Hawkwind; 16th April 2016 at 14:00.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

DNA (16th April 2016), joeecho (16th April 2016), Matt P (17th April 2016), onawah (16th April 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,723 times in 32,945 posts

Quote Posted by Hawkwind (here)

Unless, of course, the objective of the people who own the media was to kill off most of the people on the planet.
    I think I've posted about this before, but back in 2011-12 I was standing in a supermarket in Ecuador (quite a large, modern one, with a lot of American-style junk food in it) — and I had quite a profound, direct experience. I realized, with total certainty, that they were trying to kill us.

That wasn't new information, of course, but the WAY I received this was unusual and unique.

I suddenly felt I was standing in their shoes, and directly felt the hatred and revulsion they feel towards the 'useless eaters'. Their viewpoint was like trying to handle an infestation of rats in a large building. It was exactly like that.

It lasted a couple of minutes, and then faded away. I was left thinking: "OMG. This is EXACTLY how they see us." It was cold, calculating, contempt, combined with a determination to deal with the problem. I've never forgotten it... a very valuable experience.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th April 2016), Baby Steps (16th April 2016), Callista (19th April 2016), Calz (16th April 2016), Carmen (19th April 2016), DNA (16th April 2016), Hawkwind (16th April 2016), joeecho (16th April 2016), Linderlou (18th April 2016), Matt P (17th April 2016), onawah (16th April 2016), Pam (4th May 2016), Spirithorse (16th April 2016), Verdilac (19th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (18th April 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I think I've posted about this before, but back in 2011-12 I was standing in a supermarket in Ecuador (quite a large, modern one, with a lot of American-style junk food in it) — and I had quite a profound, direct experience. I realized, with total certainty, that they were trying to kill us.

That wasn't new information, of course, but the WAY I received this was unusual and unique.

I suddenly felt I was standing in their shoes, and directly felt the hatred and revulsion they feel towards the 'useless eaters'. Their viewpoint was like trying to handle an infestation of rats in a large building. It was exactly like that.

It lasted a couple of minutes, and then faded away. I was left thinking: "OMG. This is EXACTLY how they see us." It was cold, calculating, contempt, combined with a determination to deal with the problem. I've never forgotten it... a very valuable experience.

I had a similar moment in 2010.
    I had an amazing bit of synchronicity, as it turned out, there were three books I had been reading with no real impulse to hurry up and finish them. Val Valerian's Matrix II, The Report from Iron Mountain and Kevin Treadue's "The weightloss cure they don't want you to know about". All three of these books converged in my reading within a few days of one another and the message was clear.

And in case folks are minimizing the impact one Kevin Trudeau can make, one should check out the lengthy jail sentence he got for having written that book. He is presently serving a 10 year prison sentence for writing "the weight loss cure they don't want you to know about".

It's funny really in an ironic sort of way. Trudeau stated in his book that he being a fairly rich guy "having some 30 million in the bank" was by no means a member of what you would call the elite, but rather, through the association of someone who was close on that end he was invited to a meeting of sorts on a giant yacht.
    He stated that these people were in fact the elite, and that they were discussing ways in which to get rid of the useless eaters on this planet. Their final strategy was to poison the food people eat and to treat the symptoms of that poisoning with drugs that would actually only cause more disease. Here is kind of a breakdown of what he had stated in his book.

1. The Government wants to kill off the population, so they are doing so with food causing diseases and big pharma treating the symptons of the diseases and causing more diseases in the process.

2. Pesticides and petroleum based fertilizers cause fruits and vegetables to no longer be a positive part of your diet.

3. GMO'd food is as much designed to kill you as it is designed to increase yields in crops.

4. Preservatives in processed foods are a poison.

5. Most weight loss cures are designed to keep you fat and in the process kill you.

6. HCG will help you lose weight, and once you've lost the weight, eat anything you want as long as it is organic.

7. People didn't start getting obese, or rather what we call obese until chemicals, preservatives and hydrogenated oils were added to our diets.

Bottom line Trudeau got 10 years in prison for speaking the TRUTH. I don't care what he has stated before and or his track record, this time, bottom line he is speaking the truth, and he is paying a price and being made an example of.
    Last edited by DNA; 16th April 2016 at 16:30.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th April 2016), Baby Steps (16th April 2016), Bill Ryan (16th April 2016), Callista (19th April 2016), Ewan (17th April 2016), joeecho (16th April 2016), Matt P (17th April 2016), Mike (16th April 2016), onawah (16th April 2016), Sierra (16th April 2016), Verdilac (19th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,603 times in 20,701 posts

EXACTLY!!
    And what if those who are saying the dangers are minimal are being paid to in order to calm the fears of the "useless eaters" who are paying attention, or discredit those who are issuing warnings?
    Arnie Gunderson and Linda Moulton Howe are credible enough for me.
    Such a great way for the controllers to put into practice their philosophy of "survival of the fittest".

Also, think about this...if Fukushima is THAT bad, killing the Pacific, contaminating all of sea life, threatening the very existence of mankind, there would be a massive worldwide effort, headlines every day, countries all over working tirelessly together, to fix the problem.
    Last edited by onawah; 16th April 2016 at 19:24.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th April 2016), DNA (17th April 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

I don't have documented data to present but one thing I do know. In our practice the problem of thyroid deficiency has shot up over 100% since Fukushima. Second, I too, stay completely away from West coast seafood. If I buy Atlantic Wild, I have to be craving it. Either way, my whole issue with seafood is spurious. The Gulf is still putting shrimp now in Trader Joes. Excuse me? Anything to make a buck!

My Mom and Dad were in Europe when Chernobyl blew. They remember when they took a train to France from Italy or Austria where ever they were, the French would not serve any lettuce or above ground crop in the restaurants. So why would that not also affect livestock and chickens? My Mom had a preexisting osteoporosis going on and since Chernobyl it worsened in record time. Her one leg completely bowed from Pagets and consequently it brought down her whole life, with hip displacement, small fractures and a horror show of hospitalizations for 6 mos straight. I do not dismiss the negative effects that are seemingly harmless at the time, of nuclear radiation poisoning.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th April 2016), DNA (17th April 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    Tepco says: "Nothing to see here, all is well, move along...

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pictures-mutated-japanese-plants-show-extreme-effects-leaking-fukushima-radiation

Pictures of Mutated Japanese Plants Show Extreme Effects of Leaking Fukushima Radiation

If I show you a picture of what you expect to see, does that make it true?

or....

Quote It’s possible the flower deformity could have been induced by radiation, says Jeffrey J. Doyle, a professor of plant biology at Cornell University. However, “this is a pretty common mutation in daisies that I’ve seen sporadically in various places not associated with radioactivity,” he says.

There are many factors that can cause the oddity, Doyle says, from chemicals to diseases, a hormone imbalance, or random mutations to inherited genes. This particular malformation has been seen in numerous species of the world’s 20,000 members of the daisy family, from Holland to Idaho.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ation-science/

Really, these pictures (alone) are the worst... they give no conext, no data other than an image and an inference... please don't be fooled by these visual logical fallacies.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    EXACTLY!!
    And what if those who are saying the dangers are minimal are being paid to in order to calm the fears of the "useless eaters" who are paying attention, or discredit those who are issuing warnings?

It should be very simple to illistrate this fact... Wars have body counts, disasters do to.

The first question should be: how many people died due to fukushima radiation or events that WEREN't directly tied to the earthquake?

Did you guess none?

Can you not see the manipulation, the fear based EVERYTHING? It seems very obvious to me.

How come this entire thread isn't listing radiation levels, measurements or ANY data related items?

EXTRA extra credit: what was the highest level of radiation found outside the fuku. plant (and was it above or BELOW normal background radiation...)

SUPER DUPER extra credit:

Answer this honestly... Do you understand radiation for your self or are you just going off what others have told you?

I didn't used to know much about radiation other than what I learned from TV and school & it was some terrifying ****... but then I learned to separate emotion and logic & have started to question quite a few things lately... so much so that I lived with a uranium ore pendant around my neck for almost two years & got healthier... I bought a Gieger counter and conducted experiences with my ore (because, how else do you REALLY comprehend a topic?)

This is a pretty conspiracy heavy forum.. where have all your heads gone... why not ask Cui Bono?

Why isn't this statement for front in your mind on this discussion:
    Quote Decommissioning the plant is evaluated to cost tens of billions of dollars and last 30–40 years.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukush...saster_cleanup

and NO ONE has died... how is this not the BEST "protection racket" you've ever seen? I mean... **** the guys doing the clean up are managed by theYAKUZA!!!!! this seems exceedingly obvious to me. Like... it couldn't POSSIBLY get more obvious.
    Last edited by TargeT; 16th April 2016 at 22:39.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DNA (17th April 2016), Ewan (17th April 2016), markoid (17th April 2016), Matt P (17th April 2016), SKIBADABOMSKI (17th April 2016), ulli (19th April 2016), Wide-Eyed (18th April 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Hey DNA. I watched a documentary a couple years ago about a scientist who claimed nuclear reactors were so harmless he actually swam in the reactor water. I spent a few minutes looking for it but I have to get to work so don't have time to keep looking. I'll try again after work today if no one has found it by then.
    You know, TPTB just love to scare the crap out of us. I am skeptical of pretty much anything and everything, especially when all of major media is on the same page...and especially when they are on the same page about an issue where we come to realize there are some major shenanigans going on (the 3/11 tsunami). What better way to scare people from experimenting with nuclear power or to keep them away from nuclear power plants than to condition people to how dangerous they are. Also, think about this...if Fukushima is THAT bad, killing the Pacific, contaminating all of sea life, threatening the very existence of mankind, there would be a massive worldwide effort, headlines every day, countries all over working tirelessly together, to fix the problem. I don't see any of that. No urgency, no international effort, nothing. A little weird if you ask me.

Matt
    ... good point... and they are dropping a pretty penny buying oil right now (at gun point... in a way...) imagine what would happen to the global oil supply if Japan stopped sucking up all that oil and turned their nukes on again?... Japan loves Nuke energy... and relies on nuke energy per capita more then any country on earth...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

BMJ (17th April 2016), DNA (18th April 2016), Matt P (17th April 2016), TargeT (18th April 2016), ulli (19th April 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I agree the elite are trying to kill us but Fukushima doesn't fit the model in my opinion. Food, yes. The elite can choose not to eat it. Pharma drugs, pesticides, gmo's, vaccines...all those are choices that the elite can avoid. But spewing radiation all over the planet? That would be very difficult to control, direct..... and avoid.

Also, about those photos of deformed fruits and veggies....I'll post some pictures of some of my strawberries and tomatoes in a couple months and you'll think I live IN Fukushima! lol Or maybe there's a radiation leak here in Lexington, Ky, too!

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th April 2016), BMJ (17th April 2016), DNA (18th April 2016), Ewan (18th April 2016), TargeT (18th April 2016), ulli (19th April 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,302 times in 575 posts

This is an interesting read:

http://enenews.com/nuclear-expert-fu...ls-covering-pu

Regards.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), joeecho (19th April 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I agree the elite are trying to kill us but Fukushima doesn't fit the model in my opinion. Food, yes. The elite can choose not to eat it. Pharma drugs, pesticides, gmo's, vaccines...all those are choices that the elite can avoid. But spewing radiation all over the planet? That would be very difficult to control, direct..... and avoid.

Also, about those photos of deformed fruits and veggies....I'll post some pictures of some of my strawberries and tomatoes in a couple months and you'll think I live IN Fukushima! lol Or maybe there's a radiation leak here in Lexington, Ky, too!

Matt
    Hi Matt

I agree 100% here. The elite in their words are "environmentalists", and all signs point to Fukushima being an event that was handled so incompetently one wonders if the fix was in, and what is viewed as incompetence by many is actually guys on the inside paid to do exactly what they did. There is no way this would be the case if it was going to kill off the Pacific ocean.
    The elite are getting rid of "us" to keep "their" planet beautiful.
    At least that is their plan. Let us hope that is not going to be the case.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEPCO couldn’t get battery during Fukushima meltdown; went to hardware store the next day

→National Oct. 10, 2012 - 07:15AM JST ( 110 )

TEPCO couldn’t get battery during Fukushima meltdown; went to hardware store the next day
    TOKYO —

Recent tapes released have sent ripples across Japan’s news programs showing first-hand Tokyo Electric Power Company’s (TEPCO) handling of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. Many were outraged over TEPCO management’s muddled communications with plant director, an increasingly frustrated Masao Yoshida.

Among the hours and hours of footage, there’s one particularly odd incident in which one of the largest electric companies in Japan couldn’t seem to get their hands on a battery. In fact, it took about 24 hours and trip to the hardware store to buy it while on the brink of meltdown.

With reactors 2 and 3 on the verge of having a meltdown, the on-site team had to open a valve to release coolant into the reactors. However, with the extensive damage to the plant, an ordinary car battery was needed to power the valve controls.

The following dialog is taken from a TV program which outlines what took place on March 13 with Fukushima Daiichi and TEPCO management trying to get a battery.

Fukushima Daiichi Materials Team
    “We don’t have enough cash. Sorry to ask but if it’s possible could you lend it to me? We’d appreciate it.”

Head Office
    Akio Komori, Managing Director (at the time)
    “I wonder if someone’s using the helicopter today. Who’s using the helicopter? We can use a helicopter to carry the cash.”

Narrator
    “Units 2 and 3 are also in danger of meltdown. They had to connect a car battery to the valve to activate the reactor coolant. However, there wasn’t even enough cash to buy one…Finally after 10 hours…”

Head Office
    “We sent a person from the head office to [Fukushima’s] off-site center carrying a lot of cash. You can get it from the off-site center.”

Fukushima Daiichi
    Masao Yoshida, Fukushima Director (at the time)
    “Okay, I should write an IOU for this, right?”

Head Office
    “No need. I’ll take your word for it.”

Fukushima Daiichi
    Masao Yoshida
    “Got it. Thank you.”

Narrator
    However, instructions to evacuate beyond 20km of Fukushima have already gone out. There were no shops open nearby.

“We are working hard to procure [a battery] but our best chance is in Iwaki which is 6 hours away. We request your assistance, Head Office.”

Off-Site Center
    “Today we went to Iwaki to get a battery but couldn’t get one.”

“Tomorrow we’re going to a home center to buy stuff. If there’s anything you want bring us a list or tell us… whatever… just come down.”

Narrator
    “It’s unbelievable that they would go shopping for supplies at a home center during the worst nuclear disaster in the world.”

Soon after both units 2 and 3 were said to have reached meltdown. Yoshida retired late last year, reportedly diagnosed with cancer and having suffered a brain hemorrhage which experts say are not related to radiation exposure.
    Last edited by DNA; 18th April 2016 at 11:41.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

joeecho (19th April 2016), Matt P (18th April 2016), TargeT (18th April 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

Matt
    Hi Matt

I agree 100% here. The elite in their words are "environmentalists", and all signs point to Fukushima being an event that was handled so incompetently one wonders if the fix was in, and what is viewed as incompetence by many is actually guys on the inside paid to do exactly what they did. There is no way this would be the case if it was going to kill off the Pacific ocean.
    The elite are getting rid of "us" to keep "their" planet beautiful.
    At least that is their plan. Let us hope that is not going to be the case.
    The best way to control ANYTHING is via energy restriction/regulation... Nuclear energy would have made this almost impossible as electricity would be nearly free (3-4 cents per KWH or less).

this is the main reason nuclear energy has been vilified, plus who ever builds a breeder reactor is basically just building a weapons grade plutonium producing plant... the only "peaceful" reactors are thorium based (as they are very difficult to make weapons grade material with).

and yet those were never used after the 1940's... (Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors... LFTR); hell these reactors can use the current Breeder reactor WASTE as fuel! (so we have an entire stockpile of fuel for them for FREE at Yukka mountain... in fact it would save us money to use that waste instead of store it).

If you look at the meta data on this topic it's clearly a scam being run to "our" detriment.

Quote Posted by Citizen No2 (here)
    This is an interesting read:

http://enenews.com/nuclear-expert-fu...ls-covering-pu

Regards.
    Apparently enenews just lies all the time?

None of that article can be verified.. it's mostly outright fabrications.
    Last edited by TargeT; 18th April 2016 at 15:57.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), Eram (28th April 2016), Ewan (18th April 2016), joeecho (19th April 2016)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

Matt
    The same could be said of atmospheric spraying though. Did they not think that through or have they other ways to deal with it. Medical advances just for them, transhumanism etc? Between radiation and aluminum and whatever else might be in those particulates they have the potential to lay waste to the planet.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    The same could be said of atmospheric spraying though. Did they not think that through or have they other ways to deal with it. Medical advances just for them, transhumanism etc? Between radiation and aluminum and whatever else might be in those particulates they have the potential to lay waste to the planet.
    Medically what does barium do to you? or any of the highly speculative substances that we assume are being sprayed everywhere (in reality, they aren't... ) There is quite a bit of geo-engineering going on, but it's not every plane you see, it's not even 1% of the planes you see and it's targeted, not wide spread (whats the point of wide spread spraying.).

I think you have just started to build a good case against chemtrails
    Where are you?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), Eram (18th April 2016), Ewan (19th April 2016)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

I just posted this on the bigger thread and it gave me a clearer insight into the
    levels of radiation we are talking about and comparing them with something easier
    to relate to I think ? Smoking is still at present the biggest radiation risk.

I'm not sure what will happen after the initial hype life still goes on outside the
    exclusion zone and there are places you would expect to be dangerous recovering.
    The hospital near Chernobyl which lies abandoned with clothing showing very high
    levels of radiation just lying there. It seems that should be sorted out ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Most Radioactive Places on Earth

Published on 17 Dec 2014

Who on Earth is exposed to the most ionizing radiation?
    Check out Audible: http://bit.ly/AudibleVe

===================================================
    ===================================================

Cigarette Smoking and Radiation

CDC estimates that cigarettes and tobacco use kill more Americans each year than
    alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined. Most
    people know that cigarette smoke and tobacco contain many toxic substances
    including tar, arsenic, nicotine and cyanide.

The common dangers of cigarettes have been known for decades. However, few
    people know that tobacco also contains radioactive materials: polonium-210 and
    lead-210. Together, the toxic and radioactive substances in cigarettes harm
    smokers. They also harm people exposed to secondhand smoke. For more
    information on secondhand smoke, please see the CDC website, Smoking and
    Tobacco Use.

What are Polonium-210 and Lead-210?

Radioactive materials, like polonium-210 and lead-210 are found naturally in the
    soil and air. They are also found in the high-phosphate fertilizers that farmers use
    on their crops. Polonium-210 and lead-210 get into and onto tobacco leaves and
    remain there even after the tobacco has been processed.

When a smoker lights a cigarette and inhales the tobacco smoke, the toxic and
    radioactive substances in the smoke enter the lungs where they can cause direct
    and immediate damage to the cells and tissues. The same toxic and radioactive
    substances can also damage the lungs of people nearby.

read more...

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/smoking.htm

====================================================

http://www.myshared.ru/slide/1169025/

====================================================

http://www.myshared.ru/slide/1169025/
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 18th April 2016 at 22:52.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

3(C)+me (19th April 2016), DNA (19th April 2016), joeecho (19th April 2016), OBwan (24th April 2016)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    The hospital near Chernobyl which lies abandoned with clothing showing very high
    levels of radiation just lying there. It seems that should be sorted out ?
    Oh please define "high levels of radiation"

seirously, your as bad as these terrible articles you post.... give NUMBERS not baseless words...

so far "high" has been B A R E L Y above background radiation in fukushima... (aka, less radiation than or close to what you would get from eating a banana)
    Where are you?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th April 2016), DNA (19th April 2016)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,723 times in 32,945 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

give NUMBERS not baseless words...
    All the numbers are in this audio.

Coast to Coast - Linda Howe on Fukushima Mar 31 2016 - Hour 2.mp3
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 21st August 2016 at 21:54.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (19th April 2016), Baby Steps (19th April 2016), Cidersomerset (19th April 2016), DNA (19th April 2016), onawah (19th April 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,069 times in 2,400 posts

Cider, that CDC article sounds a bit biased, or loaded. They clearly state,
    Quote Radioactive materials, like polonium-210 and lead-210 are found naturally in the soil and air. They are also found in the high-phosphate fertilizers that farmers use
    on their crops.
    Ergo the radioactive materials must get into every food source and lungful of air, smoking may compund the problem certainly but so does eating a salad (in terms of radiation exposure) if that reasoning is taken to a conclusion.

In regards to LMH's figures, I'm afraid I have lost a lot of confidence in her.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th April 2016), DNA (19th April 2016), TargeT (19th April 2016)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

Quote . Ergo the radioactive materials must get into every food source and
    lungful of air, smoking may compund the problem certainly but so does eating
    a salad (in terms of radiation exposure) if that reasoning is taken to a conclusion.
    Quote Oh please define "high levels of radiation"
    I think that's the point radiation is everywhere , the figures are confusing.
    In the vid radiation varies widely on the banana scale. The ion material
    says radiation is good for us and our bodies are mutating. I'm just posting
    articles I find interesting that maybe right or wrong on the bigger thread.
    At the hospital near Chernobyl the radiation went off the scale and his
    hand held meter said overload and he said if he stayed for an hour
    he would receive his annual dose of background radiation 2,000 microsieverts.
    But he goes onto say it is relative as in a CT scan you can het 7,000 sieverts
    three and a half years worth. Then he gives some more comparisons which
    is backing up the point that he does not think the levels are to serious at the
    moment compared to other sources . Others say the opposite .
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 19th April 2016 at 11:59.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (19th April 2016), Ewan (19th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 7 LastLast