+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Lightbulb Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similiar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilites that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th May 2017), Bruno (24th May 2017), cheez_2806 (17th April 2016), EFO (27th December 2019), fourty-two (17th April 2016), Ioneo (16th April 2016), kirolak (16th April 2016), latina (16th April 2016), Lifebringer (16th April 2016), Olam (17th April 2016), Pam (16th April 2016), PathWalker (16th April 2016), poetbil (16th April 2016), sunflower (29th December 2019), Sunny-side-up (26th December 2019), toppy (27th December 2019), uzn (16th April 2016), Wind (16th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Default Re: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)

I did Falun Dafa for about 6 months, doing the exercises everyday.
    I think the literature is really deep and great, but I also have to say, if you are going to do this, you have to be very serious as going about it lightly will mess up your energy field.
    As I say, I did this everyday and still I got messed up.
    When the law wheel "installs" itself in you, there is no going back.
    I would hear the master in my ear, my pineal gland was activated, although not fully, and I was happy to be on my way to better energy.

The thing is you have to be fully dedicated at cultivating and that is very difficult in todays world.
    I did my best but in the end I realized it was not for me.
    I don't judge this way of living though and the documentation is very accurate and has high wisdom if you ask me.
    I read the Falun Dafa 4 times and every time I found something new.

I have a friend whom does long distance healing and can "read" your energy, she also did Dafa for I think 4 years and she mentioned how my energy was messed up,
    (law wheel deformed) and so just be aware of what you are getting into with all this.
    peace

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

EFO (27th December 2019), fourty-two (17th April 2016), kanishk (4th October 2017), kirolak (17th April 2016), sunflower (17th April 2016), toppy (27th December 2019), Unicorn (25th July 2016), wegge (26th December 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,509 times in 4,009 posts

It's not Buddhism at all, because it immediately refers to a Creator and then explains time and space as being created.

I took a quick look and found this to be very new, a person wanting to spread a "high level" of qi gong. I see that it goes to Supernatural Abilities and there are daily exercises involved.

The reason to have a guru or teacher of some kind is not so they can personally tell you the subjects you can read in books. It's a total safety factor, to help ensure that you do exercises properly, that you're not getting injured or somehow falling off course.

I don't personally know qi gong very much, and so I would benefit from hearing some of the subjects involved. But I have to take an extremely cautious approach towards practices that involve a serious commitment to something done on your own.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

EFO (27th December 2019), kirolak (17th April 2016), Olam (17th April 2016), Unicorn (25th July 2016), wegge (26th December 2019)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Olam, it is indeed a very powerful practice that takes dedication and discipline. I have also gone through great changes both mentally and physically by cultivating in this practice. Actually, there is book that describes the rejuvenating and healing effects Falun Dafa has on people, definitely worth a read:

http://en.minghui.org/html/articles/2005/4/3/59184.html

Shaberon, in terms of the age of the practice it is actually very ancient indeed, only recently have they given this practice to the secular world but it's True Origins stretch far into the past. It actually talks about how old this practice is in the book in the section entitled "QiGong is Part Of Prehistoric Culture".

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

kirolak (17th April 2016), Olam (17th April 2016), sunflower (17th April 2016), Unicorn (25th July 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    I did Falun Dafa for about 6 months, doing the exercises everyday.
    I think the literature is really deep and great, but I also have to say, if you are going to do this, you have to be very serious as going about it lightly will mess up your energy field.
    As I say, I did this everyday and still I got messed up.
    When the law wheel "installs" itself in you, there is no going back.
    I would hear the master in my ear, my pineal gland was activated, although not fully, and I was happy to be on my way to better energy.

The thing is you have to be fully dedicated at cultivating and that is very difficult in todays world.
    I did my best but in the end I realized it was not for me.
    I don't judge this way of living though and the documentation is very accurate and has high wisdom if you ask me.
    I read the Falun Dafa 4 times and every time I found something new.

I have a friend whom does long distance healing and can "read" your energy, she also did Dafa for I think 4 years and she mentioned how my energy was messed up,
    (law wheel deformed) and so just be aware of what you are getting into with all this.
    peace
    I am wondering if doing the exercises only as a way of keeping fit could be deleterious at all. I've read the book and I can't follow all the directions either, as they are quite restrictive and they demand a kind of blind faith from you. But could it be really so dangerous to do the exercises at a regular basis? Not as a way of cultivation (if any), but as a physical exercise? Because I've found that they have a quite energetic effect. But I don't like very much the "theory" attached to it (the book); sometimes it sounds as if wanting to arouse fear...

What do you think?
    Last edited by Unicorn; 30th August 2016 at 20:17.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle (Plato)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unicorn For This Post:

wegge (26th December 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Hi Unicorn,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on this forum for quite a while.

I don't really find anything that would arouse fear in a person. I think the book expounds on high level cultivation principles in a very down to earth manner as well as using science to explain some high level spiritual concepts. Perhaps you can outline what parts of the book felt disagreeable for you and we can take it from there. : )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

EFO (27th December 2019), Unicorn (24th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

A quick bump for those who might find this material of interest.

Also I found an interesting scientific test performed on Falun Dafa practitioners:

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/189

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th May 2017), EFO (27th December 2019), Unicorn (24th May 2017)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Just another quick bump for those who may have missed the book.

Also, the book has been updated with an even more accurate translation:

http://falundafa.org/eng/eng/pdf/Zhuan-Falun-2018.pdf

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

Orph (1st April 2019), Unicorn (1st April 2019), wegge (27th December 2019), Zanshin (31st March 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by EnergyGem (here)

Thanks, its definitely a good read, reflects much of what I feel the base is pertaining to cosmic wisdom.
    It's explained from a different perspective compared to others.
    I like it when many sources speak of the same concepts from different angles.
    This text helped me join many dots.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

EFO (27th December 2019), sunflower (29th December 2019)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Olam (here)
    Quote Posted by EnergyGem (here)

Thanks, its definitely a good read, reflects much of what I feel the base is pertaining to cosmic wisdom.
    It's explained from a different perspective compared to others.
    I like it when many sources speak of the same concepts from different angles.
    This text helped me join many dots.
    You're welcome Olam, happy to hear you found the book of interest. I too found it an incredible read. I have read my share of spiritual and esoteric books in my time but can definitively say that this book is the most insightful and eye opening of the lot.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to EnergyGem For This Post:

EFO (27th December 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Ahimsa's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow! Thanks so much for the resources! Now more reading for me!

+ Reply to Thread