+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Catch-22's

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,118 times in 2,403 posts

Default Re: Catch-22's

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    What a sad indictment on us all that we should have to PAY for the "privilege" of health, recovering from illness. . . . When I take over this corner of the universe, no one will have to pay for ANYTHING. . . starting with medicines, loo paper, water, electricity. ..
    I look forward to that day with relish, you have your first Lieutenant standing by to assist.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

DNA (18th April 2016), Mike (19th April 2016), onawah (19th April 2016), RunningDeer (18th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,683 times in 20,716 posts

Default Re: Catch-22's

I almost hesitate to post this info yet again, but hopefully it will bear repeating, so here goes...
    Though I haven't tried the turpentine or hydrogen peroxide methods yet, I'm still pretty happy with my fresh aloe vera gel regimen, which is very gentle and has kept me going, even at 68 and still dealing with multiple issues from the deadly SV40 polio vaccine I received as a child, and a NDE when in my 20s, after being hit by a drunk hit and run driver, which put me in the hospital for 5 months with multiple injuries and a lifelong limp.
    I learned about using fresh aloe gel in the 90s from one of my live foods gurus, Youkta:

...wife of Viktoras Kulvinskas, who was co-founder of the Hippocrates Institute with Anne Wigmore:
    http://www.viktoras.org/
    ...AND author of Survival into the 21st Century, now in it's 27th year:
    http://www.viktoras.org/#!survival-in-the-21st-century

Youkta died in 2007, which came as a great shock to everyone who knew her.
    I think it was because when she and Viktor moved to their land in the Costa Rican jungle, she was no longer able to get fresh aloe vera in the amounts that she had been relying on when living in the US.
    She was exposed to some very toxic chemicals when she was a teenager, and she told me in confidence that, even though she meditated and exercised like a fanatic (she was a world class belly dance and yoga teacher) and her diet was very pure (mostly live, raw, sprouted and fermented foods, lots of Supergreen algae, etc.) ... she thought it was the aloe that was keeping her alive.
    She bought about 60 lbs of aloe every month and used a pound of it in a smoothie in the AM and another in the PM.
    (Viktor would use it sometimes too, but he was more into wheat grass juice, which Youkta was allergic to. )
    I knew them for 5 years when they were facilitating a women's live foods and healing festival on their land in Arkansas crystal country.
    And that was when I started using aloe as well, though it wasn't until later that I began to use it faithfully every day (about a pound per day in my morning smoothie).
    (I buy it from Aloe Labs in Harlingen, Texas, which will ship a minimum of 25 lbs anywhere in the US.
    The shipping costs more than the aloe itself, but the cost goes down dramatically the more you buy per shipment, so if you can get a little buying club together and buy 200 lbs at a time, its worth the effort. (It stores well even without refrigeration if you keep it cool and dry and with good air circulation). You can buy it more cheaply in Mexican markets, but Aloe Labs grows it organically, which is worth the extra money, to me. You can grow it yourself, of course, but this is a special variety that is for consumption, and the leaves are huge, from about 1-4 lbs. each.)
    It's actually pretty reasonable when you look at all the benefits--a safe and natural source of stable oxygen, prevents and relieves inflammation, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, keeps the colon clean, pulls out heavy metals, and much more.

Another long time staple for me has been Spirulina, which I first learned about when I was attending classes at the late Dr. Christopher Hills' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hills
    ...intentional community, University of the Trees, in Boulder Creek, CA.
    He did a lot of the initial research into algae for the Western market and started Light Force company which sold what was probably the best Spirulina available for a long time in the US.
    (There is a new company now following in that tradition, called Biolumina, and I think their Spirulina is probably the best available today. I've just started taking it and the first time I tried it, my body went "WOW"! http://bioluminaspirulina.com/
    Spirulina has been well established as the most nutritious food on the planet, and you only need a little to make a difference ( I use a tablespoon a day).
    It's great for decalcifying the pineal gland and for dealing with radiation and heavy metals and much else.

I like taking a holistic approach with whole superfoods, though I also take plenty of supplements as well.
    Fermenting vegies and making my own kefir with raw goat milk are some of the newer additions to my diet, and are proving very beneficial.
    (Caution: fermented vegies will clean you out like crazy! )

I want to get back into doing more sprouting which I used to be devoted to, such as growing wheat grass, sunflower and pea sprouts in trays of soil, clover in glass jars, etc.
    I sprout mung, chia and flax seeds regularly, but I miss those green sprouts-- they are so full of vitality!

Here's to health and to all those health warriors out there!!
    What's life without it?

Update: Forgot to mention that fresh aloe vera smoothies and blue green algae (Spirulina is one form) were a daily part of the diet at the Hippocrates Health Institute, where they treated many "hopeless" cases of people at death's door due to cancer, Aids, lupus, etc. The majority of them recovered.
    Last edited by onawah; 14th February 2022 at 01:14.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Kryztian (8th September 2020), Mike (19th April 2016), RunningDeer (19th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2