+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rob Bell Breaks It All Down

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Default Rob Bell Breaks It All Down

my younger sister sent this to me yesterday. the presenter, Rob Bell, gives a fun and light presentation about evolution, and the nature of science vs religion, and how essentially they are 2 different languages attempting to explain the same thing.

he takes a christian angle but he doesnt beat you over the head with it. i know this turns a lot of people off, myself included, but my theory has always been: if its good, its good...whether its secular or couched in religion, spirituality, whatever. stupid to ignore it because of one or the other. he probably spends less than a third of the presentation on Genesis...and the rest is basically a science/physics lesson for dummies...then he dovetails it all to make a pretty profound point.

he's a very good presenter. good communicator...slightly corny but funny...

if youre looking for something light and feel-goody today, and need a break from all the doom n gloom, this may be for you. it ain't bad.

enjoy.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Antihero (21st April 2016), Aurelius (20th April 2016), Calz (20th April 2016), Constance (20th April 2016), Eram (20th April 2016), genevieve (21st April 2016), Nasu (21st April 2016), sandy (21st April 2016), Shannon (20th April 2016), WhiteLove (20th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread