+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill...Banksters trying to suppress history?

1. Link to Post #1
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,716 times in 7,043 posts

Default Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill...Banksters trying to suppress history?

Or maybe just keep racism in the forefront of our minds?

Remember this?

Hell, maybe it's a good thing... Jackson would be ROLLING in his grave to know his head is on the very thing he fought against...

Quote Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill
    The Treasury Department announced Wednesday that Alexander Hamilton will stay on the $10 bill, but abolitionist hero Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson as the portrait on the $20 bill.

The Department plans to unveil designs of the $5 bill, $10 bill, and $20 bill in 2020, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment. As TIME reported last week, the timing on the production of the $20 bill is up in the air. Though the designs will be unveiled in 2020, the bills will enter circulation sometime later, with the $10 bill coming first. Because all of the bills will feature tactile changes to aide the blind, changes could take a significant amount of time.

On Wednesday, Secretary Lew said he has instructed the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and coordinated with the Federal Reserve to accelerate the process. Lew said there are two things he and the Chair of the Federal Reserve agree on: “we can’t compromise security and we have to work as quickly as possible,” he said.

Though Hamilton is staying on the front of the $10 bill, an image of multiple women’s suffragists including Lucretia Mott, Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Alice Paul, will appear on the back. Andrew Jackson will also remain on the $20 bill, he’ll just be moved to the back.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew announced last June that a woman would appear as portrait of the bill, though over the course of 10 months—following public input and some intense lobbying efforts by various groups—his thinking changed. “For me, personally, there was an aha moment in July when it became clear that going bigger would give us the ability to tell more stories,” Lew said Wednesday.

Secretary Lew and Treasurer Rosie Rios, who has been working to get a woman on the currency since she arrived at the Treasury Department, said Wednesday the decision to place Harriet Tubman on the front of the currency was an easy one.

“The life of Harriet Tubman is really one of the greater American stories,” Lew said. “I think it’s a story that reflects both American values and American democracy, but also the power of an individual to make a difference in our democracy.”

The Treasury Department got millions of responses when they opened up the process to the public last June—through the mail, via email and on social media. The face of the current $10 bill has a lot of notable fans, including the Treasury Secretary himself, who has called Alexander Hamilton a personal hero. Hamilton has also become a pop culture mega-star thanks to the Pulitzer Prize winning hip-hop musical about his life. The star and creator of the musical, Lin Manuel Miranda, met with Lew to talk currency earlier this year.

Andrew Jackson, on the other hand, has a number of vocal detractors, led by the grassroots organization Women on 20s, which has ferociously lobbied for him to get the boot from the $20 bill. But leaders of the organization have recently shifted their tone given the probable timing of that change. If women have to appear on the back of the $10 bill, Barbara Ortiz Howard and Susan Ades Stone wrote in an op-ed for TIME, the Department should simultaneously redesign the $20.

Lew acknowledged he couldn’t make everyone happy with his decision, but said his decision takes a “long-term view.”

“I knew we couldn’t make everyone happy,” he said. “But there’s a reason the decision rests with the Secretary of the Treasury to make decisions that are balanced and have a long term view.”

The entire series of bills will get a redesign, including the the $5 bill, which will feature images of historic events in the fight for Civil Rights for black Americans that occurred on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, including Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech and a 1939 performance by Opera singer Marian Anderson.
    http://time.com/4301127/harriet-tubm...ndrew-jackson/

I'm not sure what to think about this.... Money is the HIGHEST power used against us, the most hypnotising thing on the planet... what could this change mean, nothing? Everything?

The new designs will certainly be worth looking at....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bluegreen (21st April 2016), Bob (21st April 2016), Calz (21st April 2016), Eram (21st April 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st April 2016), Inversion (21st April 2016), joeecho (21st April 2016), JRS (22nd April 2016), Kryztian (21st April 2016), M-Albion-3D (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Mike (21st April 2016), Nasu (21st April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), Shannon (21st April 2016), sigma6 (21st April 2016), T Smith (22nd April 2016), ZooLife (21st April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,993 times in 1,211 posts

Default Re: Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill...Banksters trying to suppress history?

Count me as another "I have no clue what to make of this.."

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Calz (21st April 2016), joeecho (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Mike (21st April 2016), Nasu (21st April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), sigma6 (21st April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016), ZooLife (21st April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,863 times in 1,408 posts

Default Re: Harriet Tubman Will Replace Andrew Jackson on $20 Bill...Banksters trying to suppress history?

The ULTIMATE SLAP in the face..............
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Calz (21st April 2016), giovonni (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), sigma6 (21st April 2016), T Smith (22nd April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Andrew Jackson was an alleged Freemason and this could be a symbolic maneuver meaning the masons will be taking a backseat.

Quote Andrew Jackson will also remain on the $20 bill, he’ll just be moved to the back.
    http://freemasoninformation.com/maso...ic-presidents/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), sigma6 (21st April 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 31,440 times in 3,877 posts

I don't really have an issue with it...at least on the surface. I don't think black americans are represented at all on any of our(US) bills or coinage(someone correct me if i'm wrong). Ive never given it much thought, honestly, but now that I am it seems kind of ridiculous that they arent.

If we're to believe theres no misleading political agenda here, and the purpose of it is what it appears to be, i'm all for it. It only seems fair.

I don't think it's done to incite racial friction, but it likely will anyway amongst a few uptight white guys....(we can always count on fox news to find the aggrieved white man angle..certainly theyll try to spin this into a white conservative victimization thing, as john stewart calls it..)

Maybe i'm being naive..maybe theres some shady illuminati agenda i'm missing here. I'm open to it. I'm willing to hear it. But as of right now I'm just not seeing it

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), Shannon (21st April 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

It'll be the first woman and the first black person on a US bill. I think it's fine. I'm actually glad it's not Eleanor Roosevelt, because at least it's reasonable to suspect that Harriet Tubman was not from some Illuminati type family, and was just someone who struggled for rights that she really deserved.

Andrew Jackson did a great thing in vetoing the rechartering of the national bank. I admire him for that. Unfortunately he was also responsible for the Trail of Tears, was militaristic and owned some 200 slaves. History is complicated like that.

12. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,745 times in 1,258 posts

At the same time, Alexander Hamilton is still on the $10 bill. The man who believe in big bureaucracy, big taxes and a Federal Government ready to wage wars with politicians who had lifetime terms.

Meanwhile, the big hype musical on Broadway is about him, where he is presented as a multi-cultural hero (a white man of Scottish-French descent who grew up on Carribean Isles suffused in slavery, and never spoke out against the institution.) The musical is based on a biography of Hamilton written by Ron Chernow, whose other biographies extolled the virtues of the Warburgs, the Morgans and John D. Rockefeller, Sr. "Hamilton" is kind of like "Springtime for Hitler" without the irony.
    Last edited by Kryztian; 21st April 2016 at 03:31.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Maunagarjana (28th April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Mike (21st April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), T Smith (22nd April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Seems to me, since money majik is what is happening, what vibe one wants to be imparted into one's energy, I prefer the above. More like what I believe represents optimism vs the other..

15. Link to Post #9
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,716 times in 7,043 posts

Putting known faces on products is a age old tradition for those who manipulate the masses.

This is why celebrities sell products; it's a way to break through our tribalism and lend "trust" to something via a person we (in our minds) think we know due to constant exposure to them (tv etc..).

so at the VERY LEAST Ms Tubman is being used to help prop up a failing institution... for that alone I disagree with this.

If there's more to it, I'm not so sure... but the trickery done by using famous people to sell us something is a tailor made attack against our basic programmed natural distrust.

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Seems to me, since money majik is what is happening, what vibe one wants to be imparted into one's energy, I prefer the above. More like what I believe represents optimism vs the other..
    I agree, a look forward and up, instead of back and down.
    Last edited by TargeT; 21st April 2016 at 03:12.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2016), Dennis Leahy (23rd April 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st April 2016), joeecho (21st April 2016), Kryztian (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), PurpleLama (21st April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,861 times in 1,279 posts

He also slew twenty men in duels; I admire that.

Hamilton in an honorary depiction...not so sure.

I would have wished the grassroots movement would have done something significant, namely, along the lines of Jackson's bank execution, instead of playing with pictures.

How about some Constitutional Conventions? Can't we grassroots some of those??

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Mike (21st April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,040 times in 1,963 posts

To help keep attention on the US currency at a particular time for some reason?
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

giovonni (21st April 2016), joeecho (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), PurpleLama (21st April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016), Wind (21st April 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ozmirage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 times in 340 posts

It won't matter, once enough Americans withdraw from FICA. Then the dollar bills will have no value -and- won't be legal tender. Billionaires become zero-aires. Government implodes.
    Whu...
    Oops.
    Did I write that?
    The secret of life is that there is no secret of life.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ozmirage For This Post:

conk (22nd April 2016), Debra (21st April 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Mike (21st April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), risveglio (23rd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016)

23. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,745 times in 1,258 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Putting known faces on products is a age old tradition for those who manipulate the masses.
    I think that's why the like to write "In God We Trust" on the currency.

I imagine God replying: "In you f#ck$ng shyster Federal Reserve bastards everyone should distrust."

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016), ZooLife (21st April 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

This is why celebrities sell products; it's a way to break through our tribalism and lend "trust" to something via a person we (in our minds) think we know due to constant exposure to them (tv etc..).

so at the VERY LEAST Ms Tubman is being used to help prop up a failing institution... for that alone I disagree with this.

If there's more to it, I'm not so sure... but the trickery done by using famous people to sell us something is a tailor made attack against our basic programmed natural distrust.

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    I agree, a look forward and up, instead of back and down.

Sure, but what is Harriet Tubman selling us? How is Harriet Tubman helping to prop up anything? Not sure i'm following you.

If the folks in power wanted to prop up trust in the dollar , surely theyd do something a little more...dramatic? Putting a trustworthy face on currency might represent a bandaid on an earth size wound..at best.

Again, maybe i'm missing your point entirely...but it kinda seems like a reach to me.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Nasu (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016), TargeT (21st April 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

It wasn't done by the bank anyway; Treasury in some interaction with people.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016)

29. Link to Post #16
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

It's a politically correct bill of trust in NWO times, use it lose it...

30. Link to Post #17
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    He also slew twenty men in duels; I admire that.
    I can just imagine you cheering from the sidelines as one of these mens gargled on his own blood and died right there in the street.

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

*golf clap*

32. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016)

33. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,739 times in 1,354 posts

The new 20$ bill

Someone uses their power to remind everyone about the connection between slavery, money and ownership. I find this quite disturbing, especially since it is planned for the future...
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 21st April 2016 at 13:40.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

conk (22nd April 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), Rahkyt (28th April 2016)

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    It's a politically correct bill of trust in NWO times, use it lose it...

Well, is it politically correct?.....or just correct? I think thats an important question to ask oneself.

We now have one woman/black american on our currency. ONE. And people are freaking out! Not so much here on avalon, but all over the net. Its unreal.

I keep hearing accusations of "pandering" and discrimination. Pandering? Sure, maybe if they replaced all the bills with african americans and had a kill whitey parade after. but we're talking about one bill here. One. As whites we've enjoyed favor for a long time now, both subtle and overt. Don't you think its time we start sharing our toys?

this is equilization, not discrimination.

Of course none of it will matter when the economy goes down the tubes but I'm glad TargeT started the thread...its a good discussion to have.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Debra (21st April 2016), Foxie Loxie (21st April 2016), Michelle Marie (22nd April 2016), RunningDeer (21st April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast