+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tom Campbell: Recent Physics Experiment - What it Means to You

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Default Tom Campbell: Recent Physics Experiment - What it Means to You

Tom Campbell: A Recent Physics Experiment and What it Means to You

Tom Campbell has a weird way of speaking and describing things sometimes... a result of stressing logical reasoning I assume... (not a bad thing)

In this presentation he makes one of the best arguments for the "virtual reality" principle of our "reality" and consciousness... how it all works,

materialism is a sub category of the higher larger principle of this reality of an information based virtual reality... the "spirit" (original term for "non-material" reality) is the big picture.

Bad scientists (materialists) refuse to accept incontrovertible facts... i.e. atoms are based on NON MATERIAL "reality"...

he is just shy of calling it a conspiracy... which it is... Freemason Secret Societies (that control the University System) want to keep their hidden archaic occult belief systems (they use to manipulate mass consciousness...) to themselves, yet their powers are "weakening" every decade... because of posts like this... about people like Tom Campbell... who are sharing John Wheeler's legacy for us today...

Why I disagree with "evolution" (whatever the "current" definition (which is forever being redefined, is...lol) because it is "their" way of trying to explain the "origin" of life... as a random series of events (with no programmer of intelligent information...)

Yet there has never been in the history of scientific recorded archives, an experiment which showed that complex information (like what you might find in computer code or DNA syntax) being created from random physical interaction (they can only remain "hopeful"... ) Like the proverbial "missing link" they can only fake an interpretation of a possibility of what might be... and pretend they got something (i.e. the definition of desperation and denial...)

Scientist can't find "consciousness" by dissecting a physical body, because consciousness is not physical... it is in another dimension... outside of this "physical" (read virtual reality manifestation of information, quantum physics, created within a realm of "conscious intelligent energy"

As living conscious beings... we are having a physical experience via our human vessels in this dimension of 3D virtual reality
    Last edited by sigma6; 25th April 2016 at 05:46.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

animovado (25th April 2016), ceetee9 (25th April 2016), conk (20th May 2016), DNA (18th May 2016), ElfeMya (19th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2016), genevieve (25th April 2016), greybeard (25th April 2016), Hervé (25th April 2016), joeecho (25th April 2016), JRS (26th April 2016), Loren (26th April 2016), mosquito (25th April 2016), Old Snake (26th April 2016), OopsWrongPlanet? (25th April 2016), Pam (25th April 2016), ponda (25th April 2016), Richard S. (25th April 2016), sandy (25th April 2016), Sophocles (25th April 2016), StandingWave (25th April 2016), Zampano (25th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Default Re: Tom Campbell: Recent Physics Experiment - What it Means to You

Interesting, thanks.

Nice to see that there are at least some scientists capable of grasping the (obvious) fact that when the results of an experiment contradict the current belief system, it's the results which are true, and the prevailing paradigm which is at fault. Alas, physics remains centuries ahead of the life sciences. (If biochemistry were the causative mechanism in human health/disease, there would be NO placebo effect. Experiments are designed to eliminate it, but it persists.)

The implications of this experiment are far reaching for those able/willing to see. I feel some deep pondering about to commence.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

ElfeMya (19th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

I had to stop at 4:30 point. He was speaking babble b.s.
    When you are using a beam splitter mirror in an interferometer, it will only work with light (photons) NOT particles, buckyballs nor electrons.

6. Link to Post #4
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by ozmirage (here)
    When you are using a beam splitter mirror in an interferometer, it will only work with light (photons) NOT particles, buckyballs nor electrons.
    For better accuracy:
    Photon
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A photon is an elementary particle, the quantum of all forms of electromagnetic radiation, including light. [...] Like all elementary particles, photons are currently best explained by quantum mechanics but exhibit wave–particle duality, exhibiting properties of both waves and particles. For example, a single photon may be refracted by a lens and in doing so exhibit wave interference with itself, or it can act like a particle that has a definite position and momentum that can be measured.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Carmody (25th April 2016), DNA (18th May 2016), hohoemi (27th April 2016), joeecho (25th April 2016), JRS (26th April 2016), Pam (25th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016), Sophocles (25th April 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Do not be presumptive and dismissive over one small bit. The evidence to define reality as holographic and non-local is thousands of experiments deep, and all of them -as conclusive as can be. Open reality ---not closed.

So, do not berate another's attempt to get that entirely correct message out, simply due to one perceived flaw you have announced.... as your having decided ---is an arbiter of all things.

Ie, your statement is presumptuous and projected and possibly ....inserted.... to make people who may visit this thread, dismiss his argument altogether.

And that, is psychological projection into others, be it innocent or subversive in intent.

And that ain't science, that's Edward Bernays and crowd control.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th April 2016), Hervé (25th April 2016), hohoemi (27th April 2016), JRS (26th April 2016), Pam (25th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016), Sophocles (25th April 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 times in 760 posts

Corrected.
    When you are using a beam splitter mirror in an interferometer, it will only work with light (photons) NOT particles of matter, buckyballs nor electrons.
    Though light (photons) behave as if they are particles - they are NOT particles. They are a combination of dynamically changing electrostatic and magnetic fields. And thus can pass or be reflected by a half silvered mirror (beam splitter) and be detected by the interferometer.

But particles of matter, buckyballs, and electrons do not pass through glass, nor reflect in an orderly stream into the detector of an interferometer.

If this man claims to be a SCIENTIST and does not know of what he speaks, he has no credibility with me. If that is presumptuous, well, I have a low tolerance for heifer dung. . . cow patties . . . taurus cacas.

11. Link to Post #7
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Some further revisions appear to be necessary:

Diffraction and Interference with Fullerenes:
    Wave-particle duality of C60
    The art of hitting the goal with every shot Reference:
    "Wave-particle duality of C60"
    Markus Arndt , Olaf Nairz, Julian Voss-Andreae, Claudia Keller,Gerbrand van der Zouw,
    and Anton Zeilinger
    Nature 401, 680-682, 14.October 1999
    More recent experiments on fullerene interference:

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

DNA (18th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Corrected.
    When you are using a beam splitter mirror in an interferometer, it will only work with light (photons) NOT particles of matter, buckyballs nor electrons.
    Though light (photons) behave as if they are particles - they are NOT particles. They are a combination of dynamically changing electrostatic and magnetic fields. And thus can pass or be reflected by a half silvered mirror (beam splitter) and be detected by the interferometer.

But particles of matter, buckyballs, and electrons do not pass through glass, nor reflect in an orderly stream into the detector of an interferometer.

If this man claims to be a SCIENTIST and does not know of what he speaks, he has no credibility with me. If that is presumptuous, well, I have a low tolerance for heifer dung. . . cow patties . . . taurus cacas.
    You are exemplifying the nature of the problem. Babies and bathwater. learning new things, requires exactly that. I'm not speaking on whether he is correct or not. Just your projections, in the specific.

After a certain point, gaining clarity in new things, requires the taking on of fairly large data sets, without judgment. Sifting through sand requires exactly that. Lots and lots of sand.

If you judge the data sets prior to their bringing together, then you will find nothing. When searching for new things in science, a science that seems frozen, well, even the basic methodology moves to being in question.

Learning new things is about the person involved, not the data set. One's fundamental change is as deeply tied to the new -- as the desired understanding is itself. Forcing the new into known shapes and parameters is a dead end. It circles back into itself as projected dogma. The circle may be so big it looks like an expanding linear progression to a simpler view, which is part of it's catch 22.

When we reach any form of real exploratory science in unknowns....science is 1 part psychology and one part logic. In reality, it is always a mix of human psychology and logic.

In everyday science and the everyday world in general, the psychology part remains hidden, like the hidden aspects of ego that both bear it and ---colors logic. when at the cutting edge of the dark areas of unknowns, it drifts to being almost pure psychology and human physiological factors as a pairing, which has to be discerned though logic.

This is why 'alchemy' is stated as being about the transformation of the human and the science..as a pairing and not strictly about the science.

As a simple expression of the reality...if one cannot transform their ability to cognate and express, then they are truly wasting their time and are drifting into animalism, as such a thing may pair up and be excited into motion, within the context of exploring that given darkened edge of reality.

They say that madness lies at the edge of things, but this is not strictly correct. It is that something that appears to others... others of the 'middle of the herd' would see as such...madness is required when exploring the edge.
    Last edited by Carmody; 25th April 2016 at 13:49.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

ElfeMya (19th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2016), Hervé (25th April 2016), hohoemi (27th April 2016), JRS (26th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016), Sophocles (25th April 2016), StandingWave (25th April 2016)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Wow! Carmody, just loved your explanations & the last statement, "madness is required when exploring the edge"!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

ElfeMya (19th May 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016)

17. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Do you mean what he explained beginning after 17:00 which was my first thought anyway.... there are no particles, there are probabilties. Nothing is a 'solid particle'. Luckily Mr. Campbell doesn't leap to accusations and conclusions before making the effort to explain the entire point.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

ElfeMya (19th May 2016), Foxie Loxie (26th April 2016), hohoemi (27th April 2016), JRS (26th April 2016), sigma6 (18th May 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Wow! Carmody, just loved your explanations & the last statement, "madness is required when exploring the edge"!!
    yes, at first I didn't "get" Tom Campbell... but as I keep understanding his model more, I begin to realize he is on to somthing huge, there is another video about the 15 scientific discoveries he has identifid to support his model... so it's not just purely his own imagination... i.e. there is a definite method to his "madness"
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

DNA (18th May 2016), ElfeMya (19th May 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,729 times in 4,313 posts

Corrected.

My understanding of physics is only the most rudimentary. But, alas I find myself admiring your ability to hold your ground in the face of adversity. Thank you for holding on to your own truth.

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)

... My understanding of physics is only the most rudimentary. But, alas I find myself admiring your ability to hold your ground in the face of adversity. Thank you for holding on to your own truth...
    Adversity? o.O? Maybe he should write a book... ; )
    Last edited by sigma6; 18th May 2016 at 11:05.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

DNA (18th May 2016)

24. Link to Post #14
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    ... it can act like a particle that has a definite position and momentum that can be measured.[/INDENT]
    Further revision:

Physicists just discovered a totally new form of light
    Science, always keeping us on our toes.

FIONA MACDONALD
    16 MAY 2016

Physicists have just discovered a new form of light that doesn't follow our existing rules of angular momentum, and it could shake up our understanding of the electromagnetic radiation and lead to faster, more secure optical communication.

Because of how well-studied and, well, everywhere, light is, you might assume that we've pretty much learnt all there is to know about it. But just last year, researchers identified a fundamental new property of light, and now a team of Irish scientists has shown that light can take on unexpected new forms.

One of the ways we measure a beam of light is through its angular momentum - a constant quantity that measures how much light is rotating. And until now, it was thought that for all forms of light, the angular momentum would be a whole number (known as an integer) multiple of Planck's constant - a physical constant that sets the scale of quantum effects.

But researchers led by Trinity College Dublin have now demonstrated that a new form of light exists, where the angular momentum is only half of this value.

"What I think is so exciting about this result is that even this fundamental property of light, that physicists have always thought was fixed, can be changed," said lead researcher Paul Eastham.

Let's back up for a second here and explain what all that means.

As one of the researchers, Kyle Ballantine, explains:
    Quote "A beam of light is characterised by its colour or wavelength and a less familiar quantity known as angular momentum. Angular momentum measures how much something is rotating. For a beam of light, although travelling in a straight line, it can also be rotating around its own axis. So when light from the mirror hits your eye in the morning, every photon twists your eye a little, one way or another."
    As mind-bending as that might sound, it's all well understood by physicists. But what they didn't realise was that light could exist that had an angular momentum that wasn't a whole number.

To figure this out, the team passed light through crystals to create beams of light that had a twisted, screw-like structure. They were looking for new light behaviours that might improve optical communications, but when they analysed this particular beam within the theory of quantum mechanics, it looked as though its angular moment would be a half-number - which definitely wasn't what they'd expected to find.

They then came up with an experiment to test this prediction, and were able to construct a device that measured the flow of angular momentum within the light beam, as well as the variation in this flow caused by quantum effects.

Usually any of those quantum variations would cause the angular moment to change by whole numbers, based on our understanding of physics so far. But the experiments revealed a tiny shift - one-half of Planck's constant - in the angular momentum of each photon.

That's really exciting, not only because it's a brand new form of light, but because since the 1980s, theoretical physics have predicted that quantum mechanics would enable the possibility of particles whose quantum numbers were fractions of those expected. And now, for the first time, this work proves those predictions right, using one our best-studied particles.

"The topic of light has always been one of interest to physicists, while also being documented as one of the areas of physics that is best understood," said one of the researchers, Stefano Sanvito. "This discovery is a breakthrough for the world of physics and science alike."

The biggest impact, other than shaking up our understanding of light, is that this new information could help to improve speed and security along fibre-optic cables, leading to faster, safer internet connections.

But before we get anywhere close to benefitting from this new form of light, another team of researchers will need to replicate and validate this work to make sure it wasn't just a one-off. Science is often a slow process, but there's no denying its an exciting one.

The results have been published in Science Advances.

And if you're still stuck trying to figure out exactly what angular momentum actually is, don't worry, we've all been there:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

sigma6 (19th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread