+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are your thoughts on earthing (or grounding) and shielding for pain management and overall health?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,970 times in 595 posts

Question What are your thoughts on earthing (or grounding) and shielding for pain management and overall health?

Long story short, I have several medical issues that require substantial doses of pain medication which mess up my "regularity" (yes, I do eat a lot of fiber but still makes it tough to purge) and make me drowsy all of the time.

In my search for alternative pain management techniques, I ran across this site
    http://www.2ground.com/
    and have been reading a lot about grounding or earthing.

My issues are mainly sciatica (coupled, of course, with lower back pain), carpel tunnel and tendinitis (both arms), arthritis and torn tendons in both shoulders.

Also, I have problems waking most nights between 2-4am, sweating and with a general "hot" feeling that I am now thinking may be due to our smart meters (water and electricity) and maybe wi-fi router?

There are many success stories out there but before I spend money on it, I was looking for some feedback.
    Has anyone here had any success, or know of someone personally that has, using this technique?

I'd like to deal with the pain first then will concentrate on shielding the meters and shutting down the wi-fi and running ethernet cable.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

4evrneo (4th May 2017), Elisheva (28th April 2016), justntime2learn (27th April 2016), kirolak (9th May 2016), Mercedes (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), Shannon (28th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member earthadvocate's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: What are your thoughts on earthing (or grounding) and shielding for pain management and overall health?

For sciatica, Physical Therapy can be very useful because it would strengthen the low back muscle than a routine of 2 to 3 miles walking at least 3xweek, for arthritic pain which is an autoimmune disease, what you eat can make a big difference with the inflammation caused by arthritis, I would look into the G.A.P. diet (Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride), there is also a Heal Your Gut cookbook as well. As for the carpel tunnel and tendonitis it might have to be a change in your activities.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earthadvocate For This Post:

4evrneo (4th May 2017), dynamo (30th April 2016), Elisheva (28th April 2016), justntime2learn (27th April 2016), Mercedes (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), Shannon (28th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Default Re: What are your thoughts on earthing (or grounding) and shielding for pain management and overall health?

The miracle enzyme Serrapeptase fixed me-- http://serrapeptase.info/category/pa...pain-problems/

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Hi Dynamo-

I can relate to some of your issues here. Bless you for your DYNAMO name in the face of such physical set backs. This can mess with ones thoughts greatly when the suffering gets intense.

Re: Sciatica...a nurse practitioner taught me this simple exercise.
    Warning : The pain gets a bit worse before relief comes.

Sit straight in a chair with both feet on ground.
    Raise your foot (sciatica problem side) to resting across your other leg.

Press SLOWLY and as far down as possible on your raised knee.
    Release gently after a few moments.
    Repeat ( 2 or 3 x maybe) as needed until your pain subsides. I would take a walk afterward to check my progress.
    I rarely get this problem and when I do I follow this exercise. It worked better than pain pills.

Please, let us know how you are doing.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Becky (4th May 2016), dynamo (30th April 2016), Elisheva (28th April 2016), fourty-two (27th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th April 2016), genevieve (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Until you can get off the pain meds, allow me to share a great remedy for the bowel issues that accompany them. I also take pain medication daily for a bizarre pain syndrome. Constipation was a side effect. I bought and use HealthForce Detox Intestinal Movement Formula. Works like a miracle. Shared some with my friend at work who has suffered with tough BMs for a long time. Worked for him as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthforce-In...vement+formula

As for grounding, there is a lot of evidence supporting the contentions regarding it's efficacy. The book Earthing is a good read and can be found on this forum in pdf format.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

dynamo (30th April 2016), Foxie Loxie (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

The following thread may interest you.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...wn-as-Earthing

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OBwan For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th May 2016), dynamo (30th April 2016), Nasu (8th May 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Thank you all for your replies, very much appreciated!
    To be more specific, has anyone tried any of the earthing products available?

I am thinking of one of these options, for all the cash I've spent on alternatives, i figure what's another 20 bucks, right?
    http://www.2ground.com/A_Super_Deal!..._15612142.aspx

Quote OPTION 3
    One (1) Adjustable Conductive Fabric and Stainless Steel Wrist Strap (click HERE to see one)
    One (1) 5 meter 14 AWG Copper (41 Strand) cable
    One (1) Pre-Wired Heavy Duty 3-Prong Plug
    One (1) 10mm Heavy Duty Snap Attachment set
    One (1) Receptacle Tester for North American style receptacles.
    They give you a choice but I like the Option 3 one, seems comfortable.
    http://www.2ground.com/Adjustable_Fa..._15571742.aspx

Thanks again and if you have tried the earthing personally, please let me know your findings.
    I will probably order one anyway but good to hear pros and cons from actual users.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Nasu (8th May 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

In my experience, it is a lot better to sit outside in the grass than connecting to grounding indoors. I do indoors only when it is too cold outside. As soon as there is a bare patch of ground from the snow melting, it is straight back outside, and do it that way until there is a layer of snow again.

It is incredibly important to test your receptacles. As for indoors, I dowse at night and ask whether to ground that night or not. When the moon is waxing, I put it on my left ankle and waning on the right ankle. There are a bunch of other things like not putting lotion or oils on your skin wherever you are going to use the band.

I really recommend dealing with your emotional issues that are causing all of this pain. Other things can give you relief, and it will keep returning without dealing with the underlying cause.

I realise your parent (likely, mother) always wanted you to do things yourself, and that makes one long for someone to take care of them. Being agitated about money and security and safety are all related to that. Allow things to flow instead of trying to be totally self-sufficient and constantly struggle to cover all the bases. Just shine some light on the patterns so you can allow people in your life who want to nurture you, and also learn to nurture yourself.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyexpat For This Post:

dynamo (8th May 2016), Nasu (8th May 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

My son was moved to send an earthing device to a man as his nephew was comatosed & in intensive care - two days later we were both delighted to hear that the young man was awake and remembered his name. Coincidence ? who knows.

BTW sciatica can be caused by constipation. Hope you are well soon.

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyexpat (here)
    In my experience, it is a lot better to sit outside in the grass than connecting to grounding indoors. I do indoors only when it is too cold outside. As soon as there is a bare patch of ground from the snow melting, it is straight back outside, and do it that way until there is a layer of snow again.

It is incredibly important to test your receptacles. As for indoors, I dowse at night and ask whether to ground that night or not. When the moon is waxing, I put it on my left ankle and waning on the right ankle. There are a bunch of other things like not putting lotion or oils on your skin wherever you are going to use the band.

I really recommend dealing with your emotional issues that are causing all of this pain. Other things can give you relief, and it will keep returning without dealing with the underlying cause.

I realise your parent (likely, mother) always wanted you to do things yourself, and that makes one long for someone to take care of them. Being agitated about money and security and safety are all related to that. Allow things to flow instead of trying to be totally self-sufficient and constantly struggle to cover all the bases. Just shine some light on the patterns so you can allow people in your life who want to nurture you, and also learn to nurture yourself.
    Sage advice, many thanks, happyexpat!
    Wish I could get outdoors more often, trust me, I would touch the earth!

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    My son was moved to send an earthing device to a man as his nephew was comatosed & in intensive care - two days later we were both delighted to hear that the young man was awake and remembered his name. Coincidence ? who knows.

BTW sciatica can be caused by constipation. Hope you are well soon.
    Thanks sheme, with all the sodium docusate I take and fibre I get, constipation is not an issue most of the time, thank goodness!

That is a strange, but happy ending, story, thanks for sharing, coincidence or not!

BTW, I got notification the order has been shipped last week and should arrive early this week.
    I'll give it a try for a week or two then provide some feedback.
    Last edited by dynamo; 8th May 2016 at 19:01.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Nasu (8th May 2016), sheme (9th May 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

How awful, I am so sorry to hear of your discomfort. . . .sciatica is dreadful, I suffered from it for a few years after a huge wooden box fell onto my head, strangely it affected the sciatic nerve more than the head.

It helped to hang upside-down on a device the chiropractor had; also, using a hard mattress; lying in the warm sun; ensuring that the belly area was as thin, unbloated & free of fat also seemed to be helpful in my case; also, never bending from the waist . . . but each case is different, I am sure.

Robert Bruce has written some articles on grounding, & using a grounding sheet on one's bed; I haven't tried it but perhaps you could explore the option as it apparently works.

Wishing you well & happy!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

dynamo (9th May 2016), sheme (9th May 2016)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    How awful, I am so sorry to hear of your discomfort. . . .sciatica is dreadful, I suffered from it for a few years after a huge wooden box fell onto my head, strangely it affected the sciatic nerve more than the head.

It helped to hang upside-down on a device the chiropractor had; also, using a hard mattress; lying in the warm sun; ensuring that the belly area was as thin, unbloated & free of fat also seemed to be helpful in my case; also, never bending from the waist . . . but each case is different, I am sure.

Robert Bruce has written some articles on grounding, & using a grounding sheet on one's bed; I haven't tried it but perhaps you could explore the option as it apparently works.

Wishing you well & happy!
    Thank you Kirolak, I do use an inversion table I bought.
    Highly recommend it for others with sciatica.
    It's good for the posture as well.

Definitely need to work on the belly area, that's like a roller coaster the past few years of weight gain/loss/gain!
    Will check out Robert Bruce's book as well!
    Last edited by dynamo; 9th May 2016 at 21:06.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Well I am literally floored!
    I have been using the wrist strap for a couple of weeks and have been meaning to post back here but life gets in the way, so to speak.
    I will add a more comprehensive review shortly but for now will leave with this thought:
    It works for me!!!
    I am beyond words, I don't care if it's a placebo effect or is actually a solution to not getting enough natural grounding...I can type on a keyboard again without excruciating carpal tunnel and tendinitis pain, amongst other positive benefits!!!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

conk (4th May 2017), Czarek (5th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (4th May 2017)

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 times in 543 posts

Last edited by Redstar Kachina; 9th June 2016 at 03:04.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Redstar Kachina For This Post:

dynamo (5th June 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

OK these folks are claiming PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field therapy), used while grounding or not, does all kinds of wonderful things for pain.
    https://2ground.com/collections/pemf-therapy
    Any thoughts on PEMF?
    I've found systems but they are too expensive for me, 2000bux plus!
    I have searched the forums and came up with 10 hits but nothing specifically dealing with PEMF, maybe a new thread is in order (come to think of it DUH! LOL).
    I am specifically looking for help with pain in the arms, legs and back and the grounding has surely helped but who has time to ground everyday, not me LOL.
    Thank you for any insights from prior/current users.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)
    OK these folks are claiming PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic field therapy), used while grounding or not, does all kinds of wonderful things for pain.
    https://2ground.com/collections/pemf-therapy
    Any thoughts on PEMF?
    I've found systems but they are too expensive for me, 2000bux plus!
    I have searched the forums and came up with 10 hits but nothing specifically dealing with PEMF, maybe a new thread is in order (come to think of it DUH! LOL).
    I am specifically looking for help with pain in the arms, legs and back and the grounding has surely helped but who has time to ground everyday, not me LOL.
    Thank you for any insights from prior/current users.
    I have a good book at home on PEMF, written by an MD who has spent over $500K using and testing various devices. I'll look and find his recommendation for the best of the PEMF units. As I recall, they weren't close to $2,000 in cost.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

30. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread