+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: My Nerves Are Shot. Now what?

1. Link to Post #21
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: My Nerves Are Shot. Now what?

A spa treatment is highly recommended. Hot water followed by cold water. Soaking in hot water is grrreeeaaat. You will detox if you can handle a sauna and relax after with some herbal infusion tea. This will help to calm your nerves and wash that stress away.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), bettye198 (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (27th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Mike (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Sérénité (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,182 times in 3,983 posts

Life inherently has many issues, but I fully believe the modern U. S. is intentionally designed to provide this syndrome for us, chronically.

I have a sort of litmus test that says: Could I have done this in the 19th century?

If not, it should probably be avoided, or taken with a grain of salt. Things like washing machines and lawnmowers, well, those are probably useful developments, of course it would be better if they were powered from clean sources. But when pushed to the level of hey, who said we have to be with the tv, recorded music, on the phone...all the time...it creates what I would consider a pretty harmful environment.

Bare feet on soil and soak in the star light. Hold on--you can't really do that in the city. Exactly, that's by design to cut us off from a simple therapy that should be available every night. But I need to do this and better yet, learn the heavens and some of its astrological tales--what my ancestors did for thousands of years until we forgot about it.

Most of us only exist due to cheap oil. Essentially living in a big plastic box with food that comes in a little plastic box to be used once and disposed. Reducing contact with that stuff as much as possible seems quite desirable. Ingesting chemicals that did not even exist until the 20th century seems very risky; oil had a hand in most of those.

I personally find almost any kind of Indian or Oriental physical routine very beneficial. For example, t'ai chi: it's *supposed* to be free and it is so gentle that just about anyone who can still move, can do it. Videos and books are vastly inferior to finding a legitimate lineage holder in your area. Total body integration with peaceful mind. It does things to you, that are simply unknown in the Western systems of sports, etc. The benefits of physical activity not only counteract a great deal of toxins and stress, but make the body turn towards the foodstuffs and rest patterns that it needs.

There are a lot of mentally complicated things, but the answer is 90% physical. Activity such as described, and some starlight, are both my personal reliances and what I would generally suggest to anyone.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

3(C)+me (28th April 2016), Antihero (28th April 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), bettye198 (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (27th April 2016), Ewan (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Mike (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

Dearest Dennis, thanks for sharing with us

I'm on a time-limit here because I'm borrowing a computer but here goes...

From my own personal experiences Dennis, self-hypnosis has always been the first go-to because it resets the nervous system at a very deep level. You can make up your own script. Your own voice is the most effective tool there is and you can literally reprogram the body to follow the unconscious minds instructions and reset/renew itself. There are many ideas for scripts on the internet but I can give you quite a few pointers on what to say if you think this might help you.

Here is just one personal experience of many that benefited me via self-hypnosis.

When I was in my early twenties, I was working in a job that I disliked so much that I couldn't sleep. Literally. I actually went for three whole months without one iota of sleep. I was working for a corporation because I had told myself that I had needed the money but it went against my entire being and the nervous system went into overdrive.

However, what got me through each day until I finally had the sense to quit, was every morning, whilst on the train, I would take myself into a very deep hypnotic trance and tell myself over and over again that when I woke up from my deep hypnotic sleep (not actually sleep as we all know) I had gotten a really great eight hours sleep. I would also give myself visualizations that would make me see myself looking very calm and relaxed. I would come out of that trance and be ready for the whole day feeling completely energized and I would get through the day without feeling the least bit tired.

Flotation tanks are brilliant for soothing the nervous system. I've observed that just one hour in one of those tanks and the body feels like it has reset itself. If you do several sessions, you will really feel the benefits.

Diet and supplements: This is the biggest key to resetting the nervous system because you are what you eat. But in addition to this, you are what you eat whilst you think!
    Through personal experience, I have discovered that the way I eat can either empower me or dis empower me. Facing a certain direction whilst eating eg. North for mental energizing, East for the spiritual upliftment, West for strength and balance, South - all the destructive forces plays a huge role in maintaining a healthy digestive system which then in turn, affects the nervous system.
    Eating in good company, eating with a candle - feeds the spiritual flame, good food combining, eating foods that feed your spiritual growth, blessing your food so that purifies it and takes away the selfishness of mans intentions, sitting with a straight back for easier digestion, Eating your food slowly and chewing thoroughly, Eating until you are only 80% full (important for the last meal of the day when you do not want to overload the digestive system).

If you need support for the nervous system, nettle tea is great. If you are interested in the energies and properties of food, notice the fine little hairs on the nettle. They are just like the nervous system.

Sleep: going to bed at the same time every night, will maintain a healthy nervous system or help a "shot" one recover. Getting to bed and waking up before the cycle of the energies shift is critical in maintaining a healthy nervous system.

I looked up Duluth for you Dennis and these are critical times for Sunrise, Sunset, nautical twilight, astronomical twilight and civil twilight here.

Getting out of bed before the Civil Twilight period starts is important. The energies change as soon as it starts. I have become so sensitive to Mother's Earths energies from practicing this that I now feel it energetically as soon as it shifts.

Twilight times also shows the best times for eating. It is best to eat your evening meal before Civil Twilight ends, and avoid consuming anything after Nautical Twilight ends. These all have an effect on your nervous system, even though they may not seem connected, I've noticed for myself how critical it is for maintaining the intuitive thoughts (which will then be guiding you exactly to what you need next!).
    It is best to do something as relaxing as possible after Astronomical Twilight ends, as it represents the end of what the Veda's say is the Satvic time, and the commencement of the Tamasic time.
    The Tamasic time period starts at around 8.30pm which is why I am always in bed by 8.30pm - 9.45pm because whenever one stays up late and is not in a meditative state, one can be open to any and all external influences and why, around the full moon at midnight, the hospitals are very busy with people!

Sungazing: There is so much covered on this in other threads but what may not have been mentioned is that alternate sunning and palming will also help reset the nervous system. I have used this in many situations where I cannot use hypnosis. Palming soothes and relaxes the nerves of the eyes and what is connected to the eyes? The brain and the nervous system of course...
    And then there is the sun. The sun brings light to the body not only through the skin but also through the eyes.

Nature: Being out in nature is one of the most relaxing things that you can do and sitting underneath a tree by a flowing river will give you the information on "what" to do (the wood element) and "how" (the water element) to do it.

David Allen makes a very big mention in this video about why nature can be so relaxing but the rest of the video has great information too because how we get things done (or how we don't get things done) can also play a very large role in why our nervous systems can become unbalanced.

As Runningdear mentioned in her post, deep rhythmic breathing from the lower abdomen.
    If you put your hand underneath your navel, notice where you breathe from.
    Is it the upper chest, just above the navel or the below the navel?
    You can reset the nervous system by breathing below the navel.
    Fake it until you make it. Practice at first by lying on the bed and without straining, breathe into the part of the abdomen below the belly button.
    This may not have been mentioned before on Avalon. To breathe so that you can access your intuition (which helps you to maintain the flow and stay in the present moment - it does more than that but time is of the essence for me at the moment) you breathe in a square wave.
    Take a deep breath in from your lower belly, holding your breath once you have breathed in for as long as you can, Breathe out, hold it out as comfortably as you can for as long as you can. Repeat.

Listening to your heartbeat: It keeps you in the present moment and by listening to it, it calms down the nervous system. You will have to try this for yourself to understand how effective this technique is but I can guarantee that once you try it, you will want to keep on doing it.
    Stig Severensen uses the control of his heartbeat and breathe to hold his breath for 20 minutes. I have posted this elsewhere but I wanted to bring all the information here together for you to see.

with much love to you,
    Breal
    Last edited by Constance; 28th April 2016 at 09:37.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Antihero (28th April 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Ewan (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Mike (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,024 times in 1,086 posts

Denis, we all feel like this from time to time, as is evidenced by the responses within this thread. For me, I live at full speed, so have got used to the ups and downs that come with that for myself. For me, over time a sense of abstraction creeps in, till finally I don't recognise myself and need a break. A break for me is getting out into the wilds, even for just a night or two. It helps in every way to re connect with the side of me I like the most. After a good dose of nature, I'm ready to come back and face my next few challenges. You need to get out more, we all do! Lol. When I can't plan a get away, I find a nice beer is a fair second choice till I can get away, as Mike pointed out. For all our differences and geographic placements, we're not so different after all....x... N

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Antihero (28th April 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Mike (27th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,119 times in 2,959 posts

Simplifying life. Filtering, what do I really need to focus on right now in order to live. In order to be a fully integrated person myself.

That's not egoistic, because it's not inconsiderately abusive. I'm not abusing anyone for that, I'm simply taking care of myself. And if I have some genuine responsibility towards someone else, this will come up as something that I need to do in order to live. Other issues that I had some focus on even though I don't have to will be filtered out though.

Spending time in nature, letting things be, focusing on what makes me thrive right now. That's my tested recipe.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Ewan (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Mike (27th April 2016), Nasu (27th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

G'day Dennis,

Sorry to hear that your nerves are shot, but it happens to us all now and then.

My suggestion is oh so boring...include B group vitamins in your recovery regime, and follow pyrangello's good advice in post No.8. You need a decent break and some serious sack time, so take it.

Oh, and severely limit your time spent on the forum

All the Best,

Tony.

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 times in 566 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Don’t wait for ‘it’ to build up. Preventive maintenance.

Surprisingly simple techniques go a long way. Retrain yourself to breath slow, deep inhale-exhales. And as silly as this sounds, smile. Not the Jim Carrey kind. A gentle, natural smile.

For myself, what worked six months ago no longer does. Knowing that freed me up. It’s about quality not quantity to whatever I do. I pay attention to what my body(ies) say. Nap? Take it. Sit without distraction for five minutes. Do it. Movie rather than study? Do it.

And body movement with focused intent is a double benefit. Remember the walk from Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan's Teachings in “Journey to Ixtlan”?
    “You have to curl your fingers gently as you walk in order to keep your attention on the trail and the surroundings. Your ordinary way of walking is debilitating and you should never carry anything in your hands. If things have to be carried one should use a knapsack or any sort of carrying net or shoulder bag. By forcing the hands into a specific position one is capable of greater stamina and greater awareness.”

I find that when someone happens to be working on my last nerve, that Jim Carey type big toothy grin can be very rewarding, which can bring about it's own way of relaxing things a bit. Especially when that person shows trepidation in his eyes about what his pay-back might be! lol

In all seriousness though, I find many times I'm fighting to "hold-it-together" With three boys and a hubby, work, schools, animals to care for, and normal house hold work, I find that I don't have time to turn around and change my mind, let alone do something for myself that might be relaxing. Since having children, I find that my mind is working all the time. I'm always thinking of something. what needs to be done, what the kids are doing, and other every day worries. My kids have what they call "Alone Time" where they want to be alone with ME! Even hubby now does that. I love being their favorite parent, and person, but the problem is, that leaves very little alone time for myself. But for me, it's just finding time to do something that I enjoy and need in my life at that moment, which could be playing my dad's guitar, gardening, riding a horse, watching a lightening storm (last night. lol), taking a bubble bath, or a date night with hubby alone, which could be just a dinner and movie, or walk in the woods.
    I also know that walking or any exercise causes your body to produce serotonin, which helps to relax yourself.
    I find now that the boys are getting older, have their own cars, girl friends and friends they go visit all the time, I do get more time to myself now, though the worries about what they are doing, or where they're at are still there.
    That's what I find most challenging. Learning to turn off my mind, and not worry. I've become so used to constantly worrying and thinking about something, that I can't turn my mind off anymore and just relax when I do get time alone. still working on that.
    Thinking on that. I was remembering my best friend when I was young, who taught me to look in the mirror and "like myself" I think perhaps to be comfortable being alone and not letting the stress and worry in, one has to learn to like themselves. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Kari Lynn; 28th April 2016 at 01:02. Reason: addition

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Antihero (28th April 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Haha, Dennis that's funny about your Avatar. I'll have what he's having, hahaha. I have been feeling "nervy" lately because of a severe reaction to the sun in Mexico. The result is an itch that keeps me awake at night. My job is stressful right now, so losing sleep makes me edgy. Naps are great, epsom salt baths, walking barefoot - simple fresh air. But I have lots of different tricks to fit with what I have time for. I have always loved driving on the open road - it makes me feel better about everything, because there is nothing else to do but drive. You might do something when you get there, but in the moment you're just drivin'. And I love to sing, like there's nobody listening, especially when I'm driving. Otherwise, I prefer silence. Sometimes I weed the garden. Then I lose track of time. I think it's good to keep the diet simple - lots of lettuce (supposed to be calming). If I can't sleep and I'm worried and agitated, I go for my old buddies, Stargate SG1. There is always a good laugh and it always works out in the end. ( I didn't say I was perfect, just gettin' by.)

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lilac For This Post:

Antihero (28th April 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

16. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Kari Lynn (here)
    I find that when someone happens to be working on my last nerve, that Jim Carey type big toothy grin can be very rewarding, which can bring about it's own way of relaxing things a bit. Especially when that person shows trepidation in his eyes about what his pay-back might be! lol
    Hi Kari Lynn,
    My first choice was the Joker-duo, but I decided to go with color.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th April 2016 at 03:40.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

18. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member zen deik's Avatar
    Thanks

Present moment living.... Learning the art of healthy detachment..... Not being a control freak....dealing with unfounded fears.....gaining faith..... Taking care of me....practicing self love.. ….eating healthy.... Exercise..... Having fun....chilling out.. All good tools to use to keep me balanced...
    ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS AIN'T IT

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zen deik For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

20. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    I personally find almost any kind of Indian or Oriental physical routine very beneficial. For example, t'ai chi: it's *supposed* to be free and it is so gentle that just about anyone who can still move, can do it. Videos and books are vastly inferior to finding a legitimate lineage holder in your area. Total body integration with peaceful mind. It does things to you, that are simply unknown in the Western systems of sports, etc. The benefits of physical activity not only counteract a great deal of toxins and stress, but make the body turn towards the foodstuffs and rest patterns that it needs.
    I’ve been involved in Tai Chi since 1988 and studied with Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. If one is not interest in the fighting, sword, competition, Chi Na (joint breaking) aspects then I’d say don't let finding as you say, a legitimate lineage holder stop you. If the goal is continued health, relaxation and flexibility of mind and body, I’d suggest to get out there and do it.

I agree, the benefits go beyond the physical aspects. Early on the books helped me to understand how to run the energy and the physics within the art. (Or is it the art within the physics? )

If Tai Chi is too much of a commitment, the simple movements of Chi Kung is a good alternative. I did a quick search. Here’s one of many videos.

4 mins Morning Qi Gong and Stretching routines - 5

Last edited by RunningDeer; 28th April 2016 at 12:57.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Daozen (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

22. Link to Post #32
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Sorry to hear that Dennis. B Vitamins and Wheatgrass might be a good start. As would detoxing with powdered zeolite and (maybe) cilantro. Selenium and Detoxadine can't hurt. (I always mention Detoxadine, because it helped me more than any other supplement. I don't sell it.)

Playing mantras like this all day, or calming music might do something:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mWj-qfCW8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dU6serXkg

I find soaking in hot springs an excellent way to calm down:

http://www.findaspring.com/category/archives/minnesota/
    Last edited by Daozen; 28th April 2016 at 02:08.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

24. Link to Post #33
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

B vitamins
    Magnesium
    vitamin E
    Omega 3
    probiotics
    sleep
    delegating when possible
    nature
    regular exercise
    saying no
    Last edited by 3(C)+me; 28th April 2016 at 02:30.

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), bettye198 (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), sheme (15th May 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

26. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)

... Oh, and severely limit your time spent on the forum

All the Best,

Tony.
    Lol, best advice yet!! But seriously just chiming in again to echo Heyoka's sentiments on B vitamins. B vitamins, while fairly easy to get in omnivorous diets, are water soluble and easily depleted. A good multi B Complex, goes a long way to combatting stress, and deficiencies almost always increase it.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Heyoka_11 (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 times in 321 posts

so much good advice already given I won't add to it, but want to say that this month has been an extremely trying time for many of us, something planetary is going on, the astrological folks can explain far better than I. So hunker down for a bit longer and it should all clear up.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Sérénité (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

30. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member OBwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Stress can be triggered by many things in life and many have a common reason of fear. An example would be financial stress caused by the fear of foreclosure on one’s home. Another would be the sickness of the child and a fear that a cure does not exist.

These are two type of stress that I experienced in my life. As I addressed the fear associated with the stressor, solutions came into my life.

The following process has been a resource to many who were experiencing stress as a result of some type of fear. With the fear removed, they could think more clearly and found another choice to pursue.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...-Past-Memories

Be In Peace,
    OBwan

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OBwan For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Sérénité (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

32. Link to Post #37
    Australia Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,979 times in 1,165 posts

There is a lot going on in the Collective at this time - and many of those of us who are empaths pick this up - this message may help to explain some of this and provide some welcome relief:

much love Dennis - and please reach out to us if you need some counsel xx

Callista and Will

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Callista For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Nasu (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), Sérénité (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

34. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

A lot of great info in this thread, and of course, a very important question to be answered. As usual, I want to create a context for my response. The environmental stressors, of course, need to be adjusted and reduced, that seems like a no brainer. Then of course the physical deficiencies need to be addressed, and this thread has done a great job in handling both of those. Then, mentally, we need to adjust our thinking and out beliefs, and Avalon is a great place to do that.

But, I want to go to the very core, the very nervous system setpoint of the soul, the incoming cellular visceral imprint of our gestation, birth and subsequent infancy. This is what I would call the core, the very brainstem reptilian fight or flight adrenaline survival impulse and autonomic system setpoint, the energetic signals which amplify or decrease the hormone responses in the body, and how these are connected to all of our lives, all of our past lives, and all of the beliefs we hold from all of those life experiences and the collective consciousness we carry in our very DNA from all of our souls many sojourns through physicality.

Yeah, once you deal with the current lifetime genetics and the current environmental stressors, you need to delve into who you are on a soul level and the energetic constructs you hold sequestered by your beliefs, and how these beliefs are manifesting in energetic agitations from those sequestered and severed energies which are amplified in your nervous system. In other words, you need to meditate and get to the core patterns you repeat and connect them to the beliefs and reconnect the agitated and sequestered energy into wholeness, into unity, and into greater consciousness. That is what we are here to do, to ascend and too hold more of a unified energy of all creation in a body, in the cells, in our very DNA. That is the grand dream and the grand experiment of this planet we call earth, and the destiny of being in a human body.

It's quite the ride, and eliminating the agitated and sequestered energies of the nervous system is the barometer of our wholeness and what we need to look at. Dig deep, go out in nature, put your bare feet in the ground, next to a energetic nexus and listen to the deep longing of your soul. The stress is just telling you that there is more to connect back to who you truly are, the wholeness from which you came.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 28th April 2016 at 04:58.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Alekahn2 (7th May 2016), betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), Limor Wolf (28th April 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016), thunder24 (28th April 2016)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 times in 2,098 posts

Try earth grounding several times a week for 20 - 30 minutes at a time along with a meditation and/or music. It changes and calms the brain waves and I also read, the heart/brain coherence.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), Joe Sustaire (29th April 2016), onawah (3rd May 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), sheme (15th May 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I agree, latte- and in addition, I have found the Earthing pads can really help too, but nothing beats just putting your feet on the earth. I am sorry you are feeling this way, it's not fun. Hope some of these suggestions help.

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sarah22 For This Post:

betoobig (30th April 2016), Constance (28th April 2016), Debra (29th April 2016), Dennis Leahy (28th April 2016), Jean-Marie (28th April 2016), onawah (3rd May 2016), quiltinggrandma (3rd May 2016), RunningDeer (28th April 2016), Stephanie (28th April 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast