+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Final Truth, a Theory of Everything

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default The Final Truth, a Theory of Everything

Hi everyone, I’d like to share an audio summary I just made of my spiral-related understanding of the ultimate Truth: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...ElpUjJtT3lSSGM

It’s part of the section “Enlightenment, Self-Realization, Liberation, Theory of Everything” on this page of my site: https://sites.google.com/site/jmaf6556/purpose-of-life
    Last edited by jmaf6556; 27th September 2016 at 10:43.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmaf6556 For This Post:

greybeard (29th April 2016), Nasu (29th April 2016), rezboom (29th April 2016), sandy (29th April 2016), Zampano (29th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Default Re: The Final Truth, a Theory of Everything

GOD is incomprehensible, (unless you think certain humans who achieve God-Union have come to comprehend GOD), and any explanation of what of who IT is limits IT.

However, based on one concept put forth through the above website I think there needs to be an examination on where the connection is between "our self" vs. GOD being "the one True Self".

And why would we (as self) want to surrender to anyone or any being, even "GOD"? We are always lacking some insight, information, knowledge, etc, so what makes us think we would ever be at a point when we have enough information and experience to give up our sovereign identity to another?

Basically, denying the self and surrendering have very negative meanings.
    Last edited by OMG; 29th April 2016 at 22:53.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

I agree that finite explanations will not be perfect and infinite. I've done the best job I can right now.

I'd say "our self" is the finite part of us, the individual ego, "the one true Self" is our infinite source, and their relationship is like that between a logarithmic spiral and its origin.

Surrender here means letting go, detachment, receiving, peace, which I think are good values. As I write about on the site, I believe this is one of the two aspects of God, the feminine half.

I agree that suppression and subservience aren't ideal. The meaning here is letting go and going with, rather than fighting, the flow, surrendering to God specifically.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmaf6556 For This Post:

Chip (1st June 2016)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,380 times in 8,335 posts

Oh goody, I love audio projects, I'm downloading it right now.

Err. God?

I can't comprehend "God" in any other way than as a spelling mistake. I can deal with "Good".

edit to add:

That was short and sweet. A logarithmic spiral makes a kind of sense to me, I think the other illustrative aspects are cultural welds that diffuse the point.

Not that I would really know anything.
    Last edited by norman; 30th April 2016 at 00:15.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

7. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

jmaf6556 (30th April 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jmaf6556 (here)
    ...I'd say "our self" is the finite part of us, the individual ego, "the one true Self" is our infinite source, and their relationship is like that between a logarithmic spiral and its origin.

Surrender here means letting go, detachment, receiving, peace, which I think are good values. As I write about on the site, I believe this is one of the two aspects of God, the feminine half.

I agree that suppression and subservience aren't ideal. The meaning here is letting go and going with, rather than fighting, the flow, surrendering to God specifically.
    I understand the finite or limited explanations of the self. But no one shows how we go from the limited or expanding self to this Infinite Source/GOD which is all inclusive self?

And how could one from a finite and expanding state achieve that GOD Self while everyone and everything else, all being parts of GOD, have not?

As far as the term "surrender"...that is NOT a good English word to express the meanings you are tying to convey. Never use that word and you'd catch more comprehension from folks.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

OMG, read the section . That's the beauty of the theory, the finite can never become infinite, just as the finite numbers can never count up to infinity, what I describe is an eternal, never-ending journey towards the Self, heart, or God, greater and greater expansion of consciousness forever, just as a logarithmic spiral never reaches its origin, infinity. It's like fractal geometry, which a logarithmic spiral is an example of, and which I've linked to a video about in the section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHif...li_yh3CTVGB23w

I think that's why they say we're already enlightened, because there is no end goal that can be reached, and the goal is the present moment, and in truth we always were and will be the infinite Self. Maybe some enlightened sages merge with something much greater than us, but I don't think that's the end, once finite, always finite, once infinite, always infinite, we're always both finite and infinite, depending on how you look at it, what part of us you're talking about.

Others have remarked about "surrender" too, I think they associate it with losing. It's the term yoga seems to use most often, that's how I picked it up. Perhaps we can come up with a better replacement.
    Last edited by jmaf6556; 1st May 2016 at 02:22.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmaf6556 For This Post:

Chip (1st June 2016)

11. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jmaf6556 (here)
    OMG, read the section . That's the beauty of the theory, the finite can never become infinite, just as the finite numbers can never count up to infinity, what I describe is an eternal, never-ending journey towards the Self, heart, or God, greater and greater expansion of consciousness forever, just as a logarithmic spiral never reaches its origin, infinity. It's like fractal geometry, which a logarithmic spiral is an example of, and which I've linked to a video about in the section: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHif...li_yh3CTVGB23w

I think that's why they say we're already enlightened, because there is no end goal that can be reached, and the goal is the present moment, and in truth we always were and will be the infinite Self. Maybe some enlightened sages merge with something much greater than us, but I don't think that's the end, once finite, always finite, once infinite, always infinite, we're always both finite and infinite, depending on how you look at it, what part of us you're talking about.

Others have remarked about "surrender" too, I think they associate it with losing. It's the term yoga seems to use most often, that's how I picked it up. Perhaps we can come up with a better replacement.
    Some feel that the expanding path with no ending (call it infinite or eternal) is the very problem. This is because it seems to perpetuate opposites/duality/polarity and never ending drama.

A solution to escape that is to use our conscious will power and find Absolute Stillness (internally and externally). Some describe nirvakalpa samadhi as such a state, but who knows? It is interesting when you read about yogis such as Yogananda who's body remains in an extended state of suspended animation and nothing disturbed it, etc.

Yet what is interesting is that the humans we call Masters who supposedly achieve this utter stillness and attain what is called GOD UNION come back into their physical bodies (if they come back) with accelerated knowledge or abilities beyond other mortals.

Which beckons one point of the so called infinite journey on how to best optimize and get power advantage over the conventions and limitations of the predominate community and environment you reside in consciously. In other words we all try to improve our life experience.

One way is to accept our state/power no matter how mundane or unfortunate it is. While the main way people seek is to find ways to expand and enhance their experiences and power.

The Siddha and Ascended Master type beings seem to have found a way to excel way beyond the average persons capabilities, knowledge, emotions, etc. Attaining such a state seems a rational conclusion if possible. Otherwise the best you can do is how conventional society defines rational and that is progress in conventional terms, if at all.

You can clearly see the intellect develop over time, such as on forums. But how,many of these "thinkers" achieve physical abilities that transcend most other mortals? Most never do and get addicted and even argue, etc, in the talking and thinking game.
    Last edited by OMG; 1st May 2016 at 15:53.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

That's why it's not an ever-expanding path, it's an ever-converging one towards the one truth and source, perfection and peace, like the origin of a logarithmic spiral.

I believe with increased clarity we do develop enhanced abilities.

I agree that we need to use our minds to create positive energy, rather than getting stuck in just staying in our own heads.

+ Reply to Thread