+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inside Wikileaks - UK

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: Inside Wikileaks - UK

Quote Posted by John (here)
    I have a hunch that you wont see the insurance release, unless Mr Assange were to have some kind of accident, or was extradited in a plane that was to have an unfortunate incident, or some kind of "crazed" or "deranged" member of the public takes a pop at thim etc etc (you know how its done...)
    Very possible, John.

Or maybe it's being witheld until its release can be used to greatest effect.

For instance, look how many people are talking about the harm wikileaks is doing for security and getting distracted by the rape charges.
    Releasing it now may very well waste the import and impact that it's worth, becasuse people still have to get out of their previous thinking patterns and realising that they have been living in a PR bubble.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Ive had 3 telemarketers from the gvt ring recently
    one just last week wanting to do an emmissions thing - like come into the house to check "appliances" for energy leakage -originally thought why not, then thought again........ like f*** off. Had 2 follow up calls asking to reconsider - I would be doing the gvt a favour if I said yes.......mmmmmmmmmmmm
    the other two were surveys about general polictical crap - my pleasure.
    Other than that its every night for new phone rates, holidays computer stuff........going to by a whistle
    Seriously?
    I've never had a call from a gvt department before that one.
    And what struck me as a rather weird was the guy emphasised twice that he was calling from a 'government office - or did he say department??' - like that was supposed to make me go, "oh, a government department, why of course I've got 10 minutes for a government department"
    NOT!!!

And then the next day (or day after) I heard that a poll had been done about 911.

And I just wondered if maybe it had been about that - because I'd just emailed in support of Kevin Bracken's comments and I couldn't imagine why else a 'government department' would call me.
    In which case I wish I had taken it and told them exactly what I thought about 911.

3. Link to Post #23
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

sounds like the govt wants to know if they will get more votes if they support a 911 inquiry or not

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bluestflame (here)
    sounds like the govt wants to know if they will get more votes if they support a 911 inquiry or not
    I don't know, bluestflame - they've only just gotten in so I don't think they're too worried about another election yet. They've got heaps they could screw up before then and now to seal their political fate

I'm wondering if they're just trying to suss out how aware, or unaware people are. Testing the waters perhaps.
    It's hard to get a feel for people's opinions just going by the mainstream - as we saw with Kevin Bracken - mainstream puts it across like everybody accepts the official story and it's only loons and nutters who don't.

I think they found the reality was a little different - which changes the playing field somewhat for them.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Ahkenaten (9th December 2010), bluestflame (9th December 2010), witchy1 (9th December 2010)

6. Link to Post #25
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by bluestflame (here)
    I get wikileaks is a good thing , transparency , all that , it's just not complete , unless that's the stuff that's coming out in the "insurance" release ....mentioned other places the conspicuous absence of anthing derogitory on israels part ...could it be the mossad fed wikileaks with its own intelligence ( selective of course)
    Hi Blue - as far as I know they haven't even released 1,000 of the documents yet from the 250K mega file..............it is coming out in drips, drips drips. I think what someone said is that they release to the media outlets who then in turn, release. That way everyone's butt is covered......ah - Sort of.

p.s. please see my post under Deega's thread for the extensive analysis I did of the Indybay article alleging that J.A. made prior agreements with Israel and that he took money for it. I pretty much debunked THAT article - just by taking the time to fact-check sources.

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Quote Posted by witchy1 (here)
    Ive had 3 telemarketers from the gvt ring recently
    one just last week wanting to do an emmissions thing - like come into the house to check "appliances" for energy leakage -originally thought why not, then thought again........ like f*** off. Had 2 follow up calls asking to reconsider - I would be doing the gvt a favour if I said yes.......mmmmmmmmmmmm
    the other two were surveys about general polictical crap - my pleasure.
    Other than that its every night for new phone rates, holidays computer stuff........going to by a whistle
    @witchy , HA... must be the season, i had an insurance telemarketer call me earlier, and when i said i was pretty right for insurance thanks, they asked if i had a funeral plan !!
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

8. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

i just found a USA version from the same filmmaker...

Quote November 2010

Julian Assange has been labelled one of the most dangerous men on earth. With the most comprehensive archive of background reports in the world, we get right inside the guarded world of the whistle-blower.

"We want to create a system where there is guaranteed free press across the world...", enthuses Assange. Yet critics call the actions of the whistle-blower 'activism' not journalism, arguing that his releases are 'agenda-driven' and 'reckless'. Shaking off claims that he is endangering lives, Assange and his nomadic team may be staying on the move, but they don't intend to stay in hiding. Fly-on-the-wall reporting reveals a quietly determined man on a mission.Whether he is to be condemned or congratulated, Assange is adamant that "the true nature of this world is being revealed", and with more releases yet to come his message is clear: "stay tuned".

Produced by ABC Australia
    Distributed by Journeyman Pictures
    Note: I will add this to OP for continuity.
    Last edited by astrid; 9th December 2010 at 06:45.
    ~ Plato

9. Link to Post #28
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

[QUOTE]they asked if i had a funeral plan [QUOTE] you've got to be bloody kidding???????????? Are you in Sydney????

10. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

nope , im in country victoria, and hope to live a long long time... lol

cool that these are Aussie produced vids, im going to go through all thier clips and see what other gems are in there, stay tuned.,,

wow... lots of goodies here... i know, i know... straying from the topic... but worth a look peoples , they cover loads of topics

http://www.journeyman.tv/58441/docum...mentaries.html

"Journeyman Pictures is London's leading independent distributor of topical news features, documentaries and footage. We're like a video encyclopedia of the world."
    Last edited by astrid; 9th December 2010 at 07:04.
    ~ Plato

11. Link to Post #30
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    Seriously?
    I've never had a call from a gvt department before that one.
    And what struck me as a rather weird was the guy emphasised twice that he was calling from a 'government office - or did he say department??' - like that was supposed to make me go, "oh, a government department, why of course I've got 10 minutes for a government department"
    NOT!!!

And then the next day (or day after) I heard that a poll had been done about 911.

And I just wondered if maybe it had been about that - because I'd just emailed in support of Kevin Bracken's comments and I couldn't imagine why else a 'government department' would call me.
    In which case I wish I had taken it and told them exactly what I thought about 911.
    I wonder why the govt. of a country outside the US would be polling citizens about 911? WTF? Do you think they want to assess how guillible and stupid the Amerikans are in comparison to other countries where more than likely somewhat of an educational system still exists and people aren't as bombarded everyday with propaganda? You know, so they can figure out new metrics and methods?!

12. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Bumping, 3 videos now up, see OP.....
    ~ Plato

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2