+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Petition to promote Freedom Of Expression (Web) - Wikileaks

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default Re: Wikileaks: World petition to stop the crackdown on freedom of press

Quote Posted by Heretic (here)
    A global petition has been initiated.

Thomas Jefferson stated that democracy can only work with an educated and informed society. It is the job of the press to be fearless and free without intimidation to guard against tyranny and corruption in all aspects of a free society.

The founders found this so important that they put it in the very FIRST amendment of the constitution that prohibits the making of any law "respecting an establishment of religion", impeding the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

Yet we find ourselves faced with a government that has repeatedly stated in public and for the record that this is no longer so and that what wikileaks is doing is illegal. The world is asking if the US GOV can make no law infringing on the freedom of the press, then what law is it saying that wikileaks has broken?

They not only say these "perpetrators" are outside the law but that they must be hunted down like Al-Qaeda, assassinated, executed, , charges with treason and sedition and stopped at all costs. Corporate power has been brought to bear.

Now whatever you want to believe about wikileaks is a moot issue here. What is the difference between this scenario and Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of the Watergate scandal or Neil Sheehan of the Pentagon Papers.

Media says government's reaction to WikiLeaks 'troubling'

To sign the petition all you have to do is give your name, email address, country, zip code, and phone number (some of which is optional) most of which is easily found out by looking at your IP address from posting on these boards, or digging just a little deeper, and this is without high tech GOV surveillance.

As of this writing 6,597,335 people have signed and about every two seconds or less, another signs the petition because you can see it scrolling as they sign.

I poked around some and found that the largest petition ever on the planet has only been around 20,000,000 people but I could be wrong. If anyone finds out differently please post it because I am curious if this could turn out to be the largest petition event to happen on planet Earth with hundreds of millions of people signing it from around the world.

Face-book it, twitter it, or email it with a click of a button at the site.

interesting times indeed

Thanks Heretic,

I was caught up translating, could not respond to the Tread.

Great that you suggest we (signataires) make a very small stand on this issue.

In this society, we are not the one in power. We would hold the balance of power if the masses would collaborate together but it is very difficult to do, for reason of contradiction, ego, headway, etc.

So a petition is more often a symbolic gesture, at other time, it could really serve to make a point. Denial of it, is a contradiction to freedom of expression, contradiction to make a stand, contradiction to contribute in a singular way to society evolution.

All my blessings.

Deega

2. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Quote Posted by zookumar (here)
    Don't want to shake the apple tree too much (and give the ghost of Sir Isaac a really big headache) ... but what do you think will be accomplished by this petition? Freedom of speech? Or mollification of the excited masses? If the latter, can we afford mollification right now, e.g. when our anger should be intensifying? You'll agree that signing such a petition gives us a sense of accomplishment; but what will result from this accomplishment? Protection of speech? Or the continuation of speech restrictions (with barely a hiccup)?

IMHO, freedom of speech is better protected by shedding light on the lies, the disinfo, the psyOps operations, the false paradigms, the many tentacles of the Rothschild freedom-squeezing octopus, etc. Signing this petition may give you peace of mind ... but I have serious doubts about its capacity to effect a directional change in the squeeze on speech.

ps: If petitions have the power to persuade (and some may, indeed, have that), I would've thought a petition designed to confront the obvious false flag terror operation of 9/11/2001 ... would have priority over an obvious false flag 'eavesdrop' operation on expendable interlocutors. But hey, maybe it's just me tossing water balloons amidst the jugglers of mirth and motley.

Thanks Zookumar, great of you, here is a few comments.

Quote Signing this petition may give you peace of mind ... but I have serious doubts about its capacity to effect a directional change in the squeeze on speech.
    Contrary to this assertion, I think that if we don’t make a move on Wkileaks (even if information tend to lead Assange to the Rothschild, to Israel), we would leave a message to TPTB that it’s okey. Is that what we want to express in this situation, if so, that is in line with what the TPTB were expecting….!

Quote ps: If petitions have the power to persuade (and some may, indeed, have that), I would've thought a petition designed to confront the obvious false flag terror operation of 9/11/2001 ... would have priority over an obvious false flag 'eavesdrop' operation on expendable interlocutors.
    Yes! Zookumar, I would encourage you to open up a petition on a new investigation on 9/11, I would sign in, and I would encourage all my friends to be in, I would encourage my siblings living in the US to sign in.

All my blessings.

Deega

3. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Heretic (here)
    Great question! Writing and signing petitions has many useful purposes that has a deep and rich history yet for the sake of brevity I merely point out that the founding fathers who penned the US constitution found it such an important tool that they made sure to guarantee this right in the first amendment right along side free speech, press, religion, and assembly when they wrote the government will make no law prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances.

What can be gained?

Attention. Solidarity. Strength in numbers. A united global cry against tyrannical acts of suppression by a government of elite who think they can disregard the constitution and the rights of free people. To not go quietly into that good night. To let the controllers know that a stand has been taken on a global level, that we the people will not turn our eyes away and mumble quietly to ourselves at injustice as they act against the very fabric of the first amendment to the constitution, and in turn act against us the people. One small act made by the masses is a huge act in hindsight.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence and thereby eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and those we love" - Julian Assange

Mainstream media has had the wikileaks saga front and center for quite some time now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. This petition is too and there is a window of opportunity here to make your voice heard on a global scale.

The Vancouver Sun
    Google News
    Current
    The Times of India
    The Straights Times (Singapore)
    Yahoo News
    The Star
    Examiner
    Global News
    Digital Journal
    ZDNet
    NDTV
    SILObreaker
    Sky News Australia
    Big Pond News
    The Sydney Morning Herald News
    Inquirer
    Perth Now
    Metrolic
    International News
    Pak Tribune
    Times of Malta
    Geo Television Network
    AFR Financial Review
    Dubbo Prime Insider
    APNIEYESP News Portal
    The Press-Enterprise

CNEWS
    One News Page
    Times Chennai
    India Everyday
    ApnaIslamabad
    PC Tech Magazine

The China Post
    The Daily Star
    Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)
    AUSinNews
    Samay Live
    Jorbit
    Brisbane Times
    Bangla News
    The Daily Telegraph
    Optus News
    Expatica

There is way more than this as I got tired of cutting, pasting, and linking and I only listed mainstream global news portals (US MSM seems silent on this so far hmm). I left out all the blogs, conspiracy websites, celebrity websites, and even food and craft websites. (go figure)

and I am sure more on the way, depending on the results...

...depending on the masses.

as US Vice President Joe Biden once said: "This is a big F___ing deal!"
    Great post Heretic, many thanks.

My blessings.

Deega

4. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by zookumar (here)
    Hello Heretic,

Thanks Zookumar,

A few comments on your post in response to Heretic.

Quote So question begs, what's the container for a global petition? Remember, if there is no global government in place to redress grievances, then all that the signatories of the Wikileaks petition have is a measure of personal satisfaction. Now you may extrapolate the container of the United States to the container known as the United Nations and argue that the United Nations can redress grievances ... but that's wishful thinking, not unlike the six-year-old's belief in Santa Claus.
    Zookumar, you would love (I would too!) that a petition has a decisional hold on grievance, but, you know that is not the case. A petition that start in a particular land, with a government that see the benefit of the signatories gesture, would probably act on the behalf of signatories such that it mayyyy get ahead...!

If one seems to suppress small singular, incremental gesture..!, what is it that should be done....?

But you know that petition has not legal binding, but it has the expression of a percentage of the population grievances, and if people talks that way, it ain't sufficient for one....!, it's better to act (petition) than doing noting...!

On the UN governance, I concur with you that this body is not representative of the people and we don’t have a solid ally with a petition.

Quote But the Wikileaks petition has no OWG to present itself with. And the United Nations is not a government. So I ask again, what exactly are you accomplishing with this petition if not a measure of personal satisfaction?
    It's more than a personal satisfactions, it's the expression of a group of people who feel that it indispensable to do a small gesture in support of a particular thing using a societal accepted form of contestation...!, you know the virtue of incrementalism…!

Quote What specific government of elite are you petitioning?
    In the case I brought up, first it was the Canadian government, then, the Avaaz is an American one if I’m right…!

Quote Have you been so conditioned to accept the NWO that you've subconsciously begun your involuntary servitude?
    I wouldn’t say that since we don’t even know what would be a NW0. We don’t know how it will be structured, how many representatives would be elected in each country…! And would it be a bicameral chamber or otherwise, with a legislative, executive and judicial branches. And if it’s not that way, which way will it be….? An authoritarian one that dictate to the slaves below, I don’t think it would be one like this, we have moved above that I hope…!

And in response to your question, if we don’t do as you tell, we are qualified “involuntary servitude”, that is qualifying someone action, I always wonder when someone start qualifying other…!

Quote And if it does exist unofficially, and it likely does, then why are you recognizing it with an act that has no teeth?
    Even if it is a symbolic gesture, it’s already action, and it is better than no-action in my IMHO.

Quote IMHO, the best protection of speech remains with our mass awakening to the lies, the deceptions, the bankster scams, the tentacles of the Rothschild octopus, the agenda of the Illuminati/Vatican/Freemasonry chameleon, the conspiratorial facts of 9/11/2001, the conspiratorial facts of Wikileaks, etc.
    Yes! Interesting Zookumar, but what may you suggest to get the people together….!, and what is to do….!, they have the guns, we won’t hold for long don’t you think….?, and then if, we are successful, what kind of governance do you think would be good for the people...?, you do have a better world to suggest…, and how would he look like…?, what do you do with the wealthy...?, and the next to come....?

Quote Btw, if you want to start quoting criminals, there are far greater quotes from far bigger criminals that you might want to look at first. Heck, Winston Churchill has a whole chapter all to himself!
    IMHO, what is unfortunate here is the fact that anyone of us that would be put in a situation of power would not have the necessary wisdom to treat people with decency…!, and lost control over time...!

All my blessings.

Deega

5. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    Hello Zookumar...

I can not let an insightful and well researched post like this pass through to the keeper without reply!

You know my views on Assange from my previous post. I remember calling a truce with you and I saying "Time will Tell".

However, that is not the reason I am replying to this particular post!

This is completely out of Left Field, but I am going to share it with all Avalonians anyway.

I too am suspect of signing petitions, especially those that are promoted by Govts. &/or the MSM..!

I have a Full Proof Option of Success in fighting the TMastardsTB that many are Aware of in their Subconscious but have not used it in their Consciousnous!

Let me give you and my fellow Avalonians the Power they Wish for in Fighting the TMastardsTB, that they won't obtain from signing a Petition!

I'll set the stage for you 1st.

Every time I see a Poitician on TV or my Computer that I know is a Lier or Corrupt. I Concentrate on a position just above their 3rd eye and repeat the following. "I wish that God &/or Humanity exposes you for the Lier/Fraud you are!"

I have been doing this for the past 3 years and every single time, Bit by Bit these Crooks have been exposed!

Call me what you like, but there is UNTOLD ENORMOUS power in INTENT! No violence or mallice is required, but just HONEST INTENT on letting God or your own Spirituality demand justice from those who wish to Control Us!

In other words every time you see these Ba$tards on TV or your Computer ask God or whom ever you draw Strenth &/or Power from to Judge them for their misgivens.

It's a Peaceful Weapon that works Time after Time after Time! It's called KARMA!
    Thanks Jackovesk,

Hmmm!, How interesting...!, you may have a way to make a difference...!, great of you...!, do you think that within the energy, something may get back to you...!, have you felt anything...?

All my blessings.

Deega

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3