+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You don’t need food to live!

1. Link to Post #41
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 404 posts

Default Re: You don’t need food to live!

i am on 26 years, soon i will overtake you..

2. Link to Post #42
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bashi (here)
    i am on 26 years, soon i will overtake you..
    try as you might - only over my dead body ...!!!

or maybe as a breatharian I am not a veggy anymore - so you HAVE a chance ... if I ever muster the willpower

3. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Or though I have not manage to cut food or water out completely iv have gone down to nearly nothing . For me this is a vast improvement im living on a little meal a day and green tea . For some one who loved he’s food And had have programming in this area it’s a miracle , I mean I use to live to eat not eat to live lol. Now when I am eating im getting stomach craps and feel very tried so my body’s rejecting things when I don’t eat I feel great , I think a lot is mental .

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Or though I have not manage to cut food or water out completely iv have gone down to nearly nothing . For me this is a vast improvement im living on a little meal a day and green tea . For some one who loved he’s food And had heavy programming in this area it’s a miracle , I mean I use to live to eat not eat to live lol. Now when I am eating im getting stomach craps and feel very tried so my body’s rejecting things when I don’t eat I feel great , I think a lot is mental .

4. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

What worries me is that many people try fasting or even breatharianism without preparing themselves for it the right way. There is no quicker way I know of for a person to send themselves insane (and be diagnosed as such) than through indiscriminate fasting. Fasting really is a shock to the body-mind. It makes anybody temporarily very psychic, and living perhaps more in 4d than 3D. But do you know how to stay balanced and grounded? If you don't, how do you know its effect isn't to make you unbalanced emotionally?
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

5. Link to Post #45
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

I've read Werner's book and found it very well written - at least as seen from my inexperienced view
    and I've just started with Jasmuheen's Living on Light.
    would anyone else care to share personal experiences (I know, that's the usual question I tend to ask, whatever the topic) with not eating or drinking and views on books in this area? I'd appreciate it a lot!

6. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mmfk (here)
    ... views on books in this area?
    "Life Style Without Food" (http://niejedzenie.info/english/text/lswf.pdf) is an incredibly good book (recommended by TheRebel and pedro in PA1).

7. Link to Post #47
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lisa (here)
    "Life Style Without Food" (http://niejedzenie.info/english/text/lswf.pdf) is an incredibly good book (recommended by TheRebel and pedro in PA1).
    Nice !! I only went thru the TOC, then put it on my read-next list.

8. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mmfk (here)
    I've read Werner's book and found it very well written - at least as seen from my inexperienced view
    and I've just started with Jasmuheen's Living on Light.
    would anyone else care to share personal experiences (I know, that's the usual question I tend to ask, whatever the topic) with not eating or drinking and views on books in this area? I'd appreciate it a lot!
    Pitty you cant understand the guy in german, his lectures are very humorus, even better than his book.
    He's a total regular guy, as normal as they come.

I never liked Jasmuheen much, she's such a trip - but in English .. <bg>

9. Link to Post #49
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

I was interested in the subject at the hight of Jasmuheen's popularity.
    I am sure that it is true that people do live without food.
    There was a program done years back about Jasmuheen and it exposed her as not being true to her teaching -- in other words she snacked.
    Im not saying the expose was valid for many are biased.
    Im inclined to think that no amount of technique will get you to the point of living without food.
    I think it comes about as a natural part of evolving spiritually.
    Some are fore runners in our civilization and what is possible for one becomes possible for many but that can take time.
    Not saying im right but thats my thoughts on an interesting subject.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Im inclined to think that no amount of technique will get you to the point of living without food.
    I think it comes about as a natural part of evolving spiritually.
    Some are fore runners in our civilization and what is possible for one becomes possible for many but that can take time.

Chris
    I agree with you here 110 percent. I became interested in the subject of life without food shortly after going vegan, and through all of the effort my body could not do it.
    Years later, after several trips to Peru and several Ayahuasca sessions, I became aware that food was not necessary and became able to fast for long periods of time, and I am certain that had I not given in social conditioning, I could have continued permanently.

It truly does seem to be a by-product or natural side-effect of spiritual evolution, and not something that has to be sought out as an end in itself.
    I've also noticed, in my roller-coaster ups and downs of spiritual consciousness, that when I'm at the peak of my awareness, I have no problem fasting for long periods. But when I go through my "down" periods of just feeling human and not very spiritual, I have a very hard time going with out food.
    In Lak'ech Ala K'in

11. Link to Post #51
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lisa (here)
    thanks, I'll definitely look into it!

12. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Dear Jan,

I'm sorry but I find your comments to be highly misleading and dangerous to the health of anyone who reads your dubious statistics. back in the early Eighties I was a male model in NewYork and stayed skinny in order to wear beachwear and suits..I don't want to labour the point but in order to stay "slim" I didn't even swallow my own spit, thinking that it was calorific and would make me gain weight. I'm 6'3" and I ended up weighing six stone and nearly died.

Human beings need fuel to live and what you are espousing is a highly dangerous regime. I know all the thrills of total fast..the highs of starvation...but when your hair starts to fall out and your teeth become loose; then that is simply wrong.

Jan, starve yourself if you must, but please don't encourage others to follow your example.

Rimbaud

13. Link to Post #53
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rimbaud (here)
    Dear Jan,

I'm sorry but I find your comments to be highly misleading and dangerous to the health of anyone who reads your dubious statistics. back in the early Eighties I was a male model in NewYork and stayed skinny in order to wear beachwear and suits..I don't want to labour the point but in order to stay "slim" I didn't even swallow my own spit, thinking that it was calorific and would make me gain weight. I'm 6'3" and I ended up weighing six stone and nearly died.

Human beings need fuel to live and what you are espousing is a highly dangerous regime. I know all the thrills of total fast..the highs of starvation...but when your hair starts to fall out and your teeth become loose; then that is simply wrong.

Jan, starve yourself if you must, but please don't encourage others to follow your example.

Rimbaud
    ok rimbaud i am not saying this is for every one , and if you are hungry eat ,some people are ready for this some are not your body tells you , nothing is forced if your hair and teeth start fulling out comen sense well tell you that you have gone to far , there are people i no who do not eat the reaglure amount and look more health than most but as i said it is not for every one. but thank u for your ideas
    love jan

14. Link to Post #54
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Jan,

Starvation is a simple physiological reality! it has a cause and an end..and that end is death! As an ex anorixic / bullemic male, I have gone through the agony of losing half of my body weight and then trying to regain it without looking grotesque. I had no muscle tone; my arms and legs looked like horrible sticks, and I couldn't take my shirt off in public because when folk looked at my ribcage, they were horrified.

Jan, what worries me is that some vulnrable kids are probably looking at what you have written here and are now not eating. A growing child doesn't exist on air Jan! they'll end up with ricketts and God knows what else. If you're going to write this kind of stuff, then please include a disclaimer..or else I'l have to report you to a moderator. I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly about this.

Rimbaud

15. Link to Post #55
    Spain Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rimbaud (here)
    A growing child doesn't exist on air Jan!
    Not on air but on energy from his/her own consciousness. I believe this is entirely possible but the skill has to be developed through meditation. It has to feel right, and people should never feel weak or ill or anything bad. If that happens it means the body still needs food IMO.

So my message to kids and anyone else is: do not starve yourselves, but meditate, meditate, meditate. Feel you are able to do anything, you are able to be anything, feel love, feel truth, feel free. And forget fear! Everything else will follow.
    Last edited by Wood; 8th June 2010 at 00:59.

16. Link to Post #56
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Wonderful words Wood,

Why don't you go and tell that to the kids on drips in hospitals whilst their bodies are digesting themselves? We're not talking about fasting here, we're talking about starvation, I simply can't understand why a person such as you would encourage others to self murder...Anorexia is a horribly long and drawn out form of suicide and it really doesn't help anyone for you to propose it as a kind of lifestyle option.

Rimbaud

17. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This moment in time we definitely need food Rimbaud and my heart goes out to you and its great that you overcame the illness.
    Its an addiction.

Having been through Alcoholism I can say talking about is one thing, experiencing another.
    With out AA I would not have survived and my weight fell to roughly the same as yours. I stopped eating and survived on whisky.
    That was then this is NOW, but If I took one drink it would start the compulsion again.

In fairness to Wood he said

" So my message to kids and anyone else is: do not starve yourselves, but meditate, meditate, meditate. Feel you are able to do anything, you are able to be anything, feel love, feel truth, feel free. And forget fear! Everything else will follow. "

So he is advocating eating and releasing fear.

Love Chris

18. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

19. Link to Post #59
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks Greybeard for your kind comments...and amazing congrats for being sober! ..I haven't got over that one yet! it's not the glass of Scotch that bothers me..it's the rest of the bottle that follows!.. I can go weeks and weeks without a drop..but if Ihave a taste, then it's "curtains" for me and I'll drink till my brain explodes!

To go back to Woods statement...I retract what I said in my last post! I honestly thought that he was saying to kids to starve and meditate and obviously misread his comments...so sorry "Wood" I retract my earlier critique. As an ex soldier I don't know how to meditate..I've tried many many times and end up laughing at myself for trying...I gues I simply don't have the peace of mind that we all desire.

@ Manifestor..A wonderful example of a Hindu Holy man on his last legs, but it still doesn't convince me that a human being can survive without nourishment..I knowthat they can't.

God Bless Greybeard; and thanks for your wacky post Manifestor

Rimbaud

20. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Good morning Rimbaud
    Thanks
    People have the wrong idea about meditating as they expect some grand result.
    Could I suggest this open eye meditation.
    Go down to the park sit on a bench and just focus on one thing without mental labeling,
    I like ducks or swans,
    After a while the mind goes silent without forcing, peace ensues.
    It might take several visits but it will happen.
    It is a mazing how much the mind will register when there is no internal dialogue.
    You are totally present enjoying the moment.
    Quite a few in AA had a problem binge drinking.
    You might consider going to an open meeting.
    Most meetings are filled with happy people enjoying humor and true friendhip.
    Regards Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast