+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PayPal Alternatives?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,747 times in 1,345 posts

Default PayPal Alternatives?

Does anyone out there know of any viable, reliable alternatives to online payments in the US and/or internationally other than Bilderberger PayPal.

Thanks for your input,
    TLC

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th May 2016), Deega (6th May 2016), drneglector (7th May 2016), Fellow Aspirant (6th May 2016), gaiagirl (27th September 2018), genevieve (6th May 2016), Kryztian (6th May 2016), mab777 (7th May 2016), risveglio (6th May 2016), Spirithorse (6th May 2016), Violet (7th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default Re: PayPal Alternatives?

Made a Google search, unfortunately, alternatives seems similar Bilderbergish.

http://https://www.searchenginejourn...atives-paypal/

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th May 2016), Kryztian (6th May 2016), mab777 (7th May 2016), Redstar Kachina (17th August 2016), risveglio (6th May 2016), TrumanCash (7th May 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...atives-paypal/

Though if you do a lot of Amazon buying I would suggest bitcoin and purse.io

Deega beat me to it.

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

There are dozens of alternatives to PP: just Google "alternatives to PayPal" and see what comes up. The choices boil down to those that fit your needs: what country are you in? What bank are you with? Where do you want to do business? (by country or region) What fees are you comfortable with? What kind of security (and level thereof) are you willing to trust? Making a wise recommendation is only feasible if one has had experience actually using the service - as such, it's a jungle out there. Few of us are in such a position.

It will take a deal of research, but there are plenty of options. Banking is such a lucrative field that it's not surprising that there are so many wanna-bes. New ones seem to pop up every month. And most seem to start from the selling point that they are not PayPal, the current gorilla in the room. Some will fit your needs better than others; in the end, though, they are ALL the necessary evil known as banks.

Bon chance!
    Brian
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 6th May 2016 at 15:59.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th April 2018), Bill Ryan (6th May 2016), Kryztian (6th May 2016), TrumanCash (7th May 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,747 times in 1,345 posts

What I am looking for is someone who actually uses a specific PayPal alternative service and has had no problems with it. I am looking for something that is reliable that folks can trust that people have had personal experience with.

There are stories of some outfits ripping people off and with the "economy" being what it is now, who knows what could happen. But I don't want to support or recommend a Bilderbooger.

9. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by TrumanCash (here)
    What I am looking for is someone who actually uses a specific PayPal alternative service and has had no problems with it. I am looking for something that is reliable that folks can trust that people have had personal experience with.

There are stories of some outfits ripping people off and with the "economy" being what it is now, who knows what could happen. But I don't want to support or recommend a Bilderbooger.
    I've used Skrill back in my poker days and never had an issue using it. I have been using bitcoin for years now to make online purchases and more and more companies are accepting it. I mentioned purse.io because they tack off 15-25% off of amazon purchases and the number of merchants accepting it and offering similar discounts has been growing.

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,819 times in 3,460 posts

There is also Western Union. Millions of immigrants (legal and illegal) and "guest workers" use this service to transfer funds to the families at home in other countries. As far as I can tell they are not of a larger financial bank or corporation, however, there have been allegations that they have invaded the privacy of individuals by giving personal information to U.S. law enforcement "to prevent terrorism".

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2016), TrumanCash (7th May 2016)

12. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,298 times in 575 posts

The absolute, safest way, is to open a stand-alone bank account and use direct-money transfers......... old skool, but it works.

Regards.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citizen No2 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2016), Fellow Aspirant (6th May 2016), gaiagirl (27th September 2018), TrumanCash (7th May 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

14. Link to Post #9
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

The challenge in answering this question is that Paypal is not a monetary medium. It is simply a gateway to a monetary medium known as "fiat currency" which itself is just a trading proxy for state debt.

So your question might be more adequately posed as 'are there any alternative monetary media available other than state debt or its derivatives such as the world credit market'.

The obvious answer to that is commodities - such as oil, gold, grain, silk, coal etc.

However there is one tradable asset that exists as both a commodity and a currency which is capable of travelling through wires. The first such ever in existence since humans first walked this earth.

It is known as Bitcoin.
    Last edited by indigopete; 6th May 2016 at 23:26.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th May 2016), drneglector (26th April 2018), Morbid (11th May 2016), TrumanCash (7th May 2016), Wide-Eyed (7th May 2016)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

The reliable and good alternatives of Paypal are
    Payza
    Paytoo
    Google Wallet, etc.

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 times in 321 posts

i would suggest bitcoin too as there is plenty of infrastructure to make any sort of transaction. do your own research but personally its much better than most established for-profit centralised systems.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morbid For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th May 2016), Fellow Aspirant (12th May 2016), merecat (11th May 2016)

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you're running a business then I would recommend Square for customer facing transactions or Stripe if you do purely, online transactions. Both have great customer service, are very easy to use, and have reasonable fees. I have personally used Stripe and the service they provide is outstanding!

On the consumer end, I would recommend Skrill or Google Wallet. They are the only two that come close to what PayPal offers.

There is also Bitcoin for the brave souls who don't mind market volatility.
    "He would probably tell you that life is a very hard and complicated thing; that no interface can change that; that anyone who believes otherwise is a sucker; and that if you don't like having choices made for you, you should start making your own."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Snocrash For This Post:

PathWalker (17th August 2016)

21. Link to Post #13
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Paypal's future doen't look too bright:

From Jim Stone:
    HEADS UP TO ANYONE USING PAYPAL: I GOT THE ANSWER, AND IT MEANS YOU ARE SCREWED TOO.

In short: Paypal did not manage it's employees well, it is a simple corruption problem that will probably kill the company.

NEW TACTIC:
    Never send anything unless a specific request for donations is right here, on top. Do not donate now, thanks!

HERE IS PAYPAL'S PROBLEM, THE COMPANY MAY BE FINISHED BECAUSE OF IT:

Paypal is not getting screwed with by an AI. I received confirmation -- from a very large company -- that corrupt people within Paypal are messing with accounts and Paypal is trying to flush them out but is having troubles doing it.

They are handling this by issuing people new accounts but I don't know how well that will work.

Paypal may be a dead entity.

This is why there are so many problems, and not a single notification about any troubles at all. If Paypal cannot fix this from the top down, they are TOAST.

Claudia and I are trying to handle this by getting a real payment gateway set up with another company.

The problems Paypal is having are extending out to people who are not even media related, certain employees (who are definitely leftist, and want to destroy alt media) are getting so corrupt that they are not stopping with media, they are beginning to attack other types of companies. To hide their attacks, they are not sending anything through official Paypal channels, they are in the code, screwing with people in the background. You can't behave like that with a financial business, Paypal is probably dead where it stands, and will definitely be dead if they can't flush these corrupted employees out.

So it was not an illusion, I finally got a solid answer from a very large business that had to deal with this.

Obviously this is a situation that is not directly related to the mail censorship issues that were always a problem but it does answer a lot, It is not only me, lots of people are getting totally screwed, and may not even know it!

Once we get the site switched over to a different gateway, there will probably be no problems.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (26th April 2018), Bill Ryan (26th April 2018), drneglector (26th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th April 2018), Jean-Marie (26th April 2018)

23. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Stripe.com really growing in popularity

24. The Following User Says Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread