+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4

Thread: If karma exists, why does so much evil in the world go unchecked?

1. Link to Post #61
    Australia On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,555 times in 3,482 posts

Default Re: If karma exists, why does so much evil in the world go unchecked?

Quote Posted by raregem (here)
    I removed my post..seems inappropriate. ty
    FWIW, I thought it was a great post, a perfect example of why our current understanding of karma doesn't hold water. What can we conclude from a situation like yours? That we're working off pre/past life karma? I don't buy that, it just doesn't feel right at all. I hope things turn around for you soon.
    Never give up on your silly, silly dreams.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little BIGGER, darling.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Post:

betoobig (19th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #62
    United States Avalon Member Warlock's Avatar
    Thanks

There is only Cause and Effect.

Warlock
    Ignorance is Bliss

4. Link to Post #63
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,101 times in 2,403 posts

I was about to make a new post about karma and found this thread, so I'll add my input here instead.

Around about 2002 I was fully submerged in my awakening, reading a book a day and discussing my thoughts with a 'teacher' that just appeared in my life around that time. On this particular evening the topic shifted to karma and after some time I said something like.. 'It doesn't make sense. I mean there is no end to it, it goes on forever.'

The guy broke into a big smile and his eyes seemed to sparkle. (It was initially quite unnerving when I first noticed that effect, his eyes could appear to be brighter as if some light had turned on within.) He nodded and asked. 'So how can you stop it?' I don't know how long it took for the answer to arise but suddenly I said 'Forgiveness!' Again the eyes sparkled and he nodded away.

Forgiveness removes the karmic debt at source before it even arises. Nor does it matter if it takes you 40 years to forgive. The moment you forgive you lift the karmic debt. The wheel keeps spinning until all is forgiven. The last shall be the first and the first shall be the last.

Now I realise that appears to play into the hands of the controllers. The psychopaths can barely contain their mirth and glee. They've used religion and the fear of hell (or similar) as a play on karma to control the masses for endless centuries. They created a fear of God, a world of punishment and retribution. The idea of revenge is commonplace throughout the peoples of the world. And it guarantess to keep the wheel spinning, a playground for the psychotic.

Going off on a tangent here - as I typed the above I recalled a documentary about a tribespeople in PapauNewGuinea, (I think-somewhere in that region anyway), where any misfortune was ascribed to witchcraft, usually by a neighbouring tribe but sometimes even a member of their own tribe could be accused - and killed. There was no logic or reason ascribed to it, just point the finger and scream 'Witch!' The most appalling thing for me was the absolute passivity and acceptance of all concerned. Nobody even thought to question it, or if they did it was kept very private. I think there was even a segment where a man described taking part in the killing of a family member, his brother had been infected by an evil spirit and he had no choice. What a marvelous opportunity for a psychopath to get rid of whomever. Of course fear brings its own demons with it, can psychopathy arise in a fearful mind? I suspect yes. But right there you had a microcosm of the arise to power of the witchdoctor, and extrapolate to all religion, and from there to technocrats, bankers etc. etc..

Back to karma - Turning the other cheek is a poor way of describing a very powerful action. In summation I would say - if you cannot forgive then you will be back here. Right there you have a choice, right there is a manifestation of your free will. Paying lip service to it will not work. You cannot just mutter 'I forgive you' to a blurred memory whilst still harboring some resentment. It has to be complete and total.

In an awful lot of cases it will be quite an ask. The task may even appear herculean but if you knew the outcome of your decisions that would surely help.

Shame we don't know.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

BMJ (16th March 2017), DebJoy (20th May 2017), Heart-2-Heart (16th March 2017), Jean-Luc (18th March 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th March 2017), Reinhard (21st May 2017), Wind (16th March 2017)

6. Link to Post #64
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,411 times in 1,719 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Back to karma - Turning the other cheek is a poor way of describing a very powerful action. In summation I would say - if you cannot forgive then you will be back here. Right there you have a choice, right there is a manifestation of your free will. Paying lip service to it will not work. You cannot just mutter 'I forgive you' to a blurred memory whilst still harboring some resentment. It has to be complete and total.

In an awful lot of cases it will be quite an ask. The task may even appear herculean but if you knew the outcome of your decisions that would surely help.
    In relation to targeted individuals beyond trying to silence a person whom might make a difference. I have wondered if gangstalking has served to re-engage a persons emotions into fear, anger, hatred etc in an attempt stop that persons spiritual growth.

Because the idea in relation to outside influences always seem for a person to be in a constant state of fear, hatred, anger envy and so on. Look at the forever and a day examples of:
    - Threat of imminent economic meltdown;
    - Threat of WW3;
    - Fear of Islam and foreigners in one way or another; &
    - Envy brought about by people aspiring to be like their idols in the entertainment industry.

I think to successfully grow is to firstly emotional disengage, be aware but do not invest emotional in the situation.
    Secondly to forgive completely. I understand the depth of the resentment and all it's whys and wherefores could be a herculean task in identifying and resolving.

Re: If karma exists, why does so much evil in the world go unchecked?

I can most definitely say it is checked in the after life there are no free lunchs because "karma is a boomerang and it will come back to bite you in the butt", so be very careful about what you do in this life.

Link: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1137438
    Last edited by BMJ; 17th March 2017 at 17:45.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Ewan (16th March 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (16th March 2017)

8. Link to Post #65
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,822 times in 4,351 posts

Great post Ewan, and spot on.

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Shame we don't know.
    It's not by accident that we don't know either. If the Human Race had known (not simply 'believed', but 'known', and there's a huge difference) - if they had known the kindergarten concept of every-action-has-its-equal-and-opposite-reaction, of balance and consequences...then oh my!

Karma is a very simple, fundamental law. It's just Cause and Effect, which we see in nature and in the world around us every single day and in every single way. If this concept had not been knowingly edited out of our reality at least in the western hemisphere by the control-matrix that is religion (and replaced with punitive judgement), then our reality now would not be as it is. At all! The last 1000s of years of history would be infinitely infinitely different.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (17th March 2017), Ewan (16th March 2017), Wind (16th March 2017)

10. Link to Post #66
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Smile Re: If karma exists, why does so much evil in the world go unchecked?

Karma is a concept that comes from ancient Hinduism (from whence Buddhism sprung) where it is defined as 'active' and described as a basic universal law. Delve into quantum physics and, yes, everything is made up of tiny particles (actually more like patterns of possibilities) that are dynamic - always vibrating and interacting.

How that concept of karma got distorted into cause and effect, I do not know, but it is a distortion. There is no linear time in the quantum world (no past, present, future) and thus there is no causality and thus cause and effect, action and reaction are concepts of this 4-d mechanical, materialistic belief structure. They cannot be universal/spiritual laws because they no longer apply when we explore beyond this world of matter (kingdom of Malkuth). Get beyond Malkuth, to what we refer to as universal or spiritual, and there is no up or down, before or after, higher or lower, better or worse.

What we perceive of as evil (and I would define it as that which interferes with the well-being of others in the world of solid matter) is simply a choice. Why do people make those choices? Well, they fit into the belief structure of the kingdom of Malkuth. Here are some examples:

Survival of the fittest (from Darwinian theory), so if you do not make the grade, then you get weeded out. If you are not tough enough to stand up to a bully, then you are too weak to survive.

Might is right or strong is better than weak (from Newton's laws), so the greater the force the more effective the action. People who are regarded as weak will be smashed into smithereens because that is a basic law of physics (Newtonian, that is, but, hey I guess folk forget that the weakest force of all is actually gravity!)

Disconnection (various social theories), so it is us against them and we are not affected by what happens to them.

I have also observed that bullies do not act alone, and the more people they gather around them, the more their power grows until they become untouchable, for a long time at least (the President of my country is one such person).

The universe does not punish us for our choices, but everything is affected by our choices. Ultimately karma means we live in a world that we create by our choices and those we persuade others to make. The more powerful you are, the more of an effect you have. Power is a seductive, addictive and dangerous concept and initially I think people seek power so that they can be free of control and manipulation.

That is my long speel about karma and evil!
    Last edited by sdv; 16th March 2017 at 18:51.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdv For This Post:

BMJ (17th March 2017), Ewan (16th March 2017)

12. Link to Post #67
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,549 times in 833 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    I don't think it goes unchecked, although perhaps it's not immediately apparent, or perhaps not apparent at all to an outside view. . . perhaps just the final wake up & realization of the horror one has caused IS the karmic retribution. . . .
    I have experienced that for something bad I did. I have never experienced such shame and despair in my life (It was something spiteful, not illegal). Unfortunately I have found that many folk are not going to wake up because they believe they are right, justified, supported.
    Sandie
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sdv For This Post:

BMJ (17th March 2017)

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,767 times in 32,948 posts

I posted the story about Sean David Morton and the events that led up to him facing over 600 years of jail time — here:
    I closed my post by saying:

~~~

A side note about Karma — see this thread:
    This is a perfect little case study. There's no divine retribution, no automatic spiritual compensatory mechanism. People simply do these things to themselves.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (18th March 2017), BMJ (17th March 2017), Foxie Loxie (18th March 2017), kanishk (18th March 2017), sdv (18th March 2017)

16. Link to Post #69
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks

What if the concept of karma is invented by man in a desperate attempt to explain something for which we have no rational explanation. Something like the concept of coincidence or god or devil. And there is no objective way to prove any of the above are real or imaginary.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franro For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2017)

18. Link to Post #70
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,822 times in 4,351 posts

Quote Posted by Franro (here)
    What if the concept of karma is invented by man in a desperate attempt to explain something for which we have no rational explanation. Something like the concept of coincidence or god or devil. And there is no objective way to prove any of the above are real or imaginary.
    Well, Karma is cause and effect, in a nutshell. Man did not invent cause and effect. Cause and effect simply is. It is the observable and measurable Universe in action.

For generations and millennia, Man has been led down a path of ignorance. He was been taught to forget, ignore, or overturn the simple, basic truth of Karma/Cause and Effect - because it doesn't serve the agenda of the religion and politics that rule over us. If people knew and accepted how Karma worked, they wouldn't live in fear. But on this world it's about judgement and fear, as Ewan said.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), Wind (20th May 2017)

20. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,809 times in 2,892 posts

I see people getting course corrected or what ppl call karma all the time, problem with some of these ppl is that they think they are just getting picked on.
    Other problem is, certain folks don't feel they should not be corrected and just continue on with there disrespect towards others.

Some don't see it at all.
    Namaste-Matte

MY LATEST BOOK: "INTRUDERS UPON THE REALM"
    JOIN ME IN MY NEW ONGOING PROJECT
    My Bitchute
    My Music
    My Books
    Project: Shadowstalker

Once you get past the fear of darkness, you can find the things hidden in the shadows..

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowstalker For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017)

22. Link to Post #72
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Real Talk. But it does work. That's why all the evil doing. Because the doing is not evil, is just karma. Look again. It works BOTH ways you know
    Surprised ?
    Last edited by dim; 21st May 2017 at 03:49.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 4