+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 242 FirstFirst 1 39 49 59 99 149 242 LastLast

Thread: Transition into Trump

1. Link to Post #961
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,682 times in 8,856 posts

Default Re: Transition into Trump

I just hope he won't be what he looks like with/for women (which have a minority treatment but are a majority of the population) and minorities. Women were crying at Hillary's defeat because they thought a woman at the presidency would have helped women cause (which I do not personnally believe, but it would not have harmed it). To tell the truth, I disliked her but Trump's election does not favor betterment of women's social situation in general imo.

As we have seen yesterday, having his son near him during his speech and not his wife, tells me that his wife won't mix much into politics, which won't favor women or minorities (she is both) either.

Now, conspiracy forums have to keep unearthing the dirt on the Clintons and why not the Bush family as well, and maybe start looking at Trump's business deals with another eye. If we want to keep being conspiracy forums....

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

araucaria (9th November 2016), avid (9th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), T Smith (10th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

3. Link to Post #962
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Target:
    Quote Posted by Ultima Thule (here)
    Perhaps a poll would be in order - do you believe that Trump really is outside TPTB, Yes, No?
    HELL NO.

But he might annoy them a bit, which is the best I could hope for.
    Exactly. However, he took his own money to run, which means that Saoudi Arabia and Quatar cannot impose their will on him.

Lots of people lost big money last night, mainly the foreign states who paid for Hillary's campaign. But the American business, banks, etc always prepare both sides by putting money in, including Trump, I am pretty sure.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016), Ultima Thule (9th November 2016)

5. Link to Post #963
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,205 times in 18,662 posts

Hopefully the Clintons , Podesta and others will still be brought to 'book'.

And maybe the Bush's , Chaney , 9/11 etc.....Well one criminal at a time...LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKING NEWS WIKILEAKS: Donald Trump Wins the
    Presidency After Clinton Cheated Bernie Sanders

Published on 9 Nov 2016

My name is H. A. Goodman and I’m an author, columnist, and journalist www.hagoodman.com
    H A GOODMAN ON RT CROSS TALK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZVJ...
    JULIAN ASSANGE STATEMENT
    https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/...

================================================== ==

CIA NN still in shock.....

Will Trump prosecute Clinton?

Published on 9 Nov 2016
    Donald Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway says she hasn't discussed
    whether Donald Trump will proceed with his campaign promise of appointing a
    special prosecutor to prosecute Hillary Clinton.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 9th November 2016 at 14:02.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Antagenet (11th November 2016), avid (9th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), genevieve (9th November 2016), RunningDeer (10th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

7. Link to Post #964
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

The following is also cross-posted on the Trump Won thread...

Putin speech begins at 10:45 minutes... volume level jumps up at 12:05 min... Putin speaks of the finishing of the American elections @ 14:45 min...

Putin reacts to Trump victory as he speaks at
    ceremony to welcome new ambassadors (Streamed Live)

(Streamed live 4 hours ago)

Last edited by turiya; 9th November 2016 at 14:14.

8. Link to Post #965
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,967 times in 1,898 posts

Cider, Some links don't work.... 🤔
    Crosstalk and twitter hmmm
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

10. Link to Post #966
    Thanks
    Thanked 255,339 times in 18,579 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)

a collection of clips from him, a large portion from when he was a lot younger, which showed him to be a very intelligent, calculated man with good ideas about the country and how things should be. It showed a very different, refreshing side of him to the mainstream media propaganda against him.
    This is a report just for the interesting record. I know someone here (an educated, high-quality, 40-someting years old Ecuadorian man) who lived in the States for a decade a little while back, and worked for Trump.

Trump wasn't his direct boss (there were a couple of levels of management in between), but Trump knew his name, his personal circumstances, spoke to him personally quite often, and was always straight, clear, and courteous. He personally praised good work, and insisted on high standards from everyone around, including himself. My friend said he was by far the best boss he ever had.

11. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

7alon (10th November 2016), Ahnung-quay (9th November 2016), Alan (11th November 2016), Antagenet (11th November 2016), araucaria (9th November 2016), Arcturian108 (10th November 2016), avid (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), fourty-two (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), genevieve (9th November 2016), guayabal (9th November 2016), Hervé (9th November 2016), Merry Mom (9th November 2016), MorningFox (9th November 2016), Paul (10th November 2016), Rich (9th November 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (9th November 2016), RunningDeer (10th November 2016), Sammy (11th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016), Ultima Thule (9th November 2016)

12. Link to Post #967
    Thanks
    Thanked 255,339 times in 18,579 posts

Quote Posted by Sam Hunter (here)
    Thank you, Turiya.
    I'd like to second that.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), fourty-two (9th November 2016), Foxie Loxie (9th November 2016), genevieve (9th November 2016), norman (9th November 2016), Paul (10th November 2016), RunningDeer (10th November 2016), Sammy (11th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

14. Link to Post #968
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,447 times in 2,181 posts

I'm keeping my antenaes up, my fingers crossed and I might even hold my breath a bit UNTIL January 20th rolls around....hoping that Trump and Pence both do take their places at the White House just fine...Obama's days are not yet up, ya know.

Below, Michael Snider has written about some things that potentially could happen to hinder the transition:

Quote No Matter What Happens, We Won’t Know Who The Next President Will Be Until December 19th
    By Michael Snyder, on November 8th, 2016

Most Americans assume that their votes decide who the next president will be, but that is actually not the case. It is the Electoral College that will elect the next president, and they don’t meet until December 19th. And the truth is that all of the members of the Electoral College never meet in one place. Rather, electors gather together in all 50 state capitals on the second Wednesday in December, and it is at that time that the next president and vice president are officially elected. Of course members of the Electoral College have voted according to the will of the people about 99 percent of the time throughout our history, but with how crazy this election has turned out to be you never know what might happen. For example, later on in this article you will see that one elector in Washington state has already publicly stated that he will not cast his vote for Hillary Clinton. If other “faithless electors” emerge, that could potentially change the entire outcome of the election.

If you are not familiar with the basics of how the Electoral College works, here is a pretty good summary from Wikipedia…
    Quote Even though the aggregate national popular vote is calculated by state officials, media organizations, and the Federal Election Commission, the people only indirectly elect the president, as the national popular vote is not the basis for electing the president or vice president. The President and Vice President of the United States are elected by the Electoral College, which consists of 538 presidential electors from the fifty states and Washington, D.C.. Presidential electors are selected on a state-by-state basis, as determined by the laws of each state. Since the election of 1824,[35] most states have appointed their electors on a winner-take-all basis, based on the statewide popular vote on Election Day. Maine and Nebraska are the only two current exceptions, as both states use the congressional district method. Although ballots list the names of the presidential and vice presidential candidates (who run on a ticket), voters actually choose electors when they vote for president and vice president. These presidential electors in turn cast electoral votes for those two offices. Electors usually pledge to vote for their party’s nominee, but some “faithless electors” have voted for other candidates.

A candidate must receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270) to win the presidency or the vice presidency. If no candidate receives a majority in the election for president or vice president, that election is determined via a contingency procedure established by the Twelfth Amendment. In such a situation, the House chooses one of the top three presidential electoral vote-winners as the president, while the Senate chooses one of the top two vice presidential electoral vote-winners as vice president.
    In an attempt to make sure that their electors vote according to the will of the people, 29 states have passed laws that impose penalties on “faithless electors”. In many cases the punishment consists of a fine, but that may not be enough to keep some electors in line this time around. According to ABC News, one elector that was supposed to be committed to Hillary Clinton has already announced that he is refusing to vote for her despite the fact that he will get hit by a $1,000 fine…

And there are 21 states that do not impose penalties on “faithless electors” at all.

So while it is true that over 99 percent of all Electors throughout our history have voted the way that they were supposed to, that may not happen in 2016.

There is also the possibility that the winning candidate could die or become incapacitated between Election Day and December 19th. If that happens, the electors that are supposed to be committed to the winning candidate would be free to vote for someone else. The following comes from archives.gov…

Quote If a candidate dies or becomes incapacitated between the general election and the meeting of electors, under federal law, the electors pledged to the deceased candidate may vote for the candidate of their choice at the meeting of electors. Individual states may pass laws on the subject, but no federal law proscribes how electors must vote when a candidate dies or becomes incapacitated. In 1872, when Horace Greeley passed away between election day and the meeting of electors, the electors who were slated to vote for Greeley voted for various candidates, including Greeley. The votes cast for Greeley were not counted due to a House resolution passed regarding the matter. See the full Electoral College vote counts for President and Vice President in the 1872 election.

As to a candidate who dies or becomes incapacitated between the meeting of electors and the counting of electoral votes in Congress, the Constitution is silent on whether this candidate meets the definition of “President elect” or “Vice President elect.” If the candidate with a majority of the electoral votes is considered “President elect,” even before the counting of electoral votes in Congress, Section 3 of the 20th Amendment applies. Section 3 of the 20th Amendment states that the Vice President elect will become President if the President elect dies or becomes incapacitated.

If a winning Presidential candidate dies or becomes incapacitated between the counting of electoral votes in Congress and the inauguration, the Vice President elect will become President, according to Section 3 of the 20th Amendment.
    Our Constitution really should be amended to deal with a situation where a winning candidate dies between Election Day and the Electoral College vote, but up until now that has not happened.

So the cold, hard reality of the matter is that we will enter a period of great uncertainty between November 8th and December 19th. Even though the American people will have spoken, we will not have a “President-elect” yet, and if something happens to the winning candidate that could throw us into an unprecedented constitutional crisis.

And of course if the election results are very tight and a few “faithless electors” throw the election in the opposite direction on December 19th, that could create an enormous constitutional crisis as well.

Following the vote of the Electoral College on December 19th, a joint session of Congress takes place on January 6th of the following year to formally declare the winner…

Quote The Twelfth Amendment mandates that the Congress assemble in joint session to count the electoral votes and declare the winners of the election.[53] The session is ordinarily required to take place on January 6 in the calendar year immediately following the meetings of the presidential electors.[54] Since the Twentieth Amendment, the newly elected House declares the winner of the election; all elections before 1936 were determined by the outgoing House.
    Two weeks later, the winning candidate will be inaugurated on January 20th, and at that point the next president will begin to serve.

It would be a whole lot simpler and more rational to just allow the American people to directly elect the president, and it would probably take a major crisis in order to get the kind of constitutional amendment that is needed to do that.

But for now the system is what it is, and that means that the election is not over until it is over.

So November 8th is definitely not the end of the story, and the craziest chapters of this election season may still be yet to come.
    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...-december-19th
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

Arcturian108 (10th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016), genevieve (10th November 2016), Ron Mauer Sr (9th November 2016), tessie999 (10th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

16. Link to Post #969
    Thanks

Things I am visualizing for the coming year:

WWIII fears end as US, Russia, China and India begin to cooperate for world peace.
    The end of the incessant wars in the Middle East.
    US troops are brought back home and given productive employment.
    ObamaCare is repealed.
    Jobs are restored to the US as companies move their operations back to America.
    The US Border Patrol is allowed to restore control of our southern border.

This is just a quick list off the top of my head...
    Last edited by TEOTWAIKI; 10th November 2016 at 01:23.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TEOTWAIKI For This Post:

Arcturian108 (10th November 2016), Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), fourty-two (9th November 2016), genevieve (10th November 2016), Hazelfern (10th November 2016), Rainbowbrite (20th November 2016), Starlight22 (15th November 2016), tessie999 (10th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

18. Link to Post #970
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,350 times in 4,623 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    If we want to keep being conspiracy forums....
    I don’t think we do. No conspiracy forums would mean no conspirators.

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    Hopefully the Clintons , Podesta and others will still be brought to 'book'.

And maybe the Bush's , Chaney , 9/11 etc.....Well one criminal at a time...LOL
    I don’t think we have that much time: most of them will be dead. One Nuremberg trial at a time more like it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th November 2016), Bob (9th November 2016)

20. Link to Post #971
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

brilliant observation - @MorningSong

keeping an eye on this closely.

Quote Posted by MorningSong (here)
    I'm keeping my antenaes up, my fingers crossed and I might even hold my breath a bit UNTIL January 20th rolls around....hoping that Trump and Pence both do take their places at the White House just fine...Obama's days are not yet up, ya know.

[..]
    my thoughts on this situation here : http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1112318

21. Link to Post #972
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

22. Link to Post #973
    Thanks

Devvy Kidd & Jeff Rense are saying precisely what I've been thinking... the only reason why Trump won is because it was literally a landslide win... it is the only way Donald Trump could have overcome the vote rigging attempt to steal the election for Hillary...

(11/08/2016)
    Hour 1 - Devvy Kidd -
    Election Night 2016

Devvy Kidd Website

Last edited by turiya; 9th November 2016 at 18:04.

23. Link to Post #974
    Thanks

Kellyanne Conway on Trump's big win (full interview) from clip I posted above...

Published on 9 Nov 2016

Donald Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway calls for national unity after Trump's historic win.

================================================== =

CIA NN still bitter latest vid on u'tube page....Early mind games ? from the 'Spook' agents...

Uhm ! Liza reminds me of Hillary....LOL

Trump presidency predicted by 'The Simpsons'

Published on 9 Nov 2016
    An episode of "The Simpsons" that aired on March 19, 2000, predicted that Donald
    Trump would be President of the United States.

EU leaders rollback anti-Trump righteousness

Published on 9 Nov 2016
    Leaders around the world who previously spoke out against Donald Trump now face
    the unenviable task of swallowing their pride and issuing grudging congratulations
    to the president-elect to ensure continuing good relations with the US.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 9th November 2016 at 18:17.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bob (9th November 2016), genevieve (10th November 2016), turiya (9th November 2016)

25. Link to Post #975
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

One thing I haven't seen very much addressed anywhere in the platform for the new Trump administration deals with C.I.A. renditions and programs around the world, with secret black bases..

see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U...on_Program.pdf - Senate Report on CIA Detention, Interrogation Program.

The document is about 63 megabytes (maybe a useful archival document?)

in American Blog - http://americablog.com/2015/11/donal...o-torture.html

Quote Yesterday, (11/24/15 12:00pm by Jon Green) wrote that Donald Trump’s endorsement of waterboarding was more worrisome than past Republicans’ endorsement of the policy because he didn’t rely on semantics to make his point.

While Republican politicians usually justify the practice by insisting that it isn’t torture, Trump merely said that it was fine because it’s “peanuts compared to what [the Islamic State would] do to us.”

In other words, the acceptability of interrogation techniques, regardless of the semantics surrounding whether they could be classified as “torture,” is relative: If we think our enemies could or would do it, then it’s fine.
    There is little or no stated legal authority for the operation of black sites by the United States or the other countries believed to be involved.

In fact, the specifics of the network of black sites remains controversial. The United Nations has begun to intervene in this aspect of black sites.

And C.I.A. strongly backing the Clintons, what now? What changes?

26. Link to Post #976
    Thanks

WIKILEAKS 1-35 BREAKING NEWS: President Trump
    Elected From Hillary Clinton's Pied Piper Strategy

Published on 9 Nov 2016
    My name is H. A. Goodman and I’m an author, columnist, and journalist www.hagoodman.com
    H A GOODMAN ON RT CROSS TALK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvZVJ...
    JULIAN ASSANGE STATEMENT

27. Link to Post #977
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    One thing I haven't seen very much addressed anywhere in the platform for the new Trump administration deals with C.I.A. renditions and programs around the world, with secret black bases..

see - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:U...on_Program.pdf - Senate Report on CIA Detention, Interrogation Program.

Quote Yesterday, (11/24/15 12:00pm by Jon Green) wrote that Donald Trump’s endorsement of waterboarding was more worrisome than past Republicans’ endorsement of the policy because he didn’t rely on semantics to make his point.

While Republican politicians usually justify the practice by insisting that it isn’t torture, Trump merely said that it was fine because it’s “peanuts compared to what [the Islamic State would] do to us.”

In other words, the acceptability of interrogation techniques, regardless of the semantics surrounding whether they could be classified as “torture,” is relative: If we think our enemies could or would do it, then it’s fine.
    There is little or no stated legal authority for the operation of black sites by the United States or the other countries believed to be involved.

In fact, the specifics of the network of black sites remains controversial. The United Nations has begun to intervene in this aspect of black sites.

It is the military and the secret services (excluding CIA) who won this change of power. Listen carefully to Trump speech. This is my take on it, I may be wrong anytime.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (9th November 2016)

29. Link to Post #978
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,350 times in 4,623 posts

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    WIKILEAKS 1-35 BREAKING NEWS: President Trump
    Elected From Hillary Clinton's Pied Piper Strategy
    The Pied Piper strategy: an interestingly prescient, Freudian, self-destructive code name. Remember: the Pied Piper clears the town of Hamelin of an infestation of rats. Rats, what rats? The Pied Piper gets double-crossed, doesn’t get paid. Dishonesty in financial matters? I can’t guess who they were thinking of. In retaliation, the Pied Piper walks off into the side of a mountain with all the kids in tow. Child abduction on the largest scale? An indigestion of paedophile ‘cheese’ and ‘pizza’ talking too loud I guess.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bob (9th November 2016), TargeT (9th November 2016)

31. Link to Post #979
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by Bob (here)

It is the military and the secret services (excluding CIA) who won this change of power. Listen carefully to Trump speech. This is my take on it, I may be wrong anytime.
    Yes Bob, you bring up some important concerns.

The use of waterboarding is not something I personally agree with.

However, it was something that I think he would have his 'group of advisors' consult with him on - its use & possible consequences of such action(s) being performed. I'm sure he would hear from his military advisors prior to proceed in using this incidious form of interrogation.

This is how I took the comment about waterboarding:
    When Trump had spoken on the use of 'waterboarding', it was in reference to ISIS that has been known to behead their victims. Trump had also noted his strategy of dealing with ISIS in the context of not announcing publicly what the military / Pentagon plans would be prior to actually employing that strategy. In this regard, saying openly that waterboarding is on the table in dealing with ISIS is letting the enemy know beforehand that it is a possibility that it will be a consequence to their activity of beheading their future victims.

Whether it will actually be employed is not a certainty, imo. Prior to actually putting such a policy in place will be left to those that are acting as his advisors.
    Moving onto the CIA...
    Since Trump has successfully gotten through the election process, now the real war will commence. The war that will & is presently being waged is against the real dark side of government. They are not wanting to go away so easily into the night.

As we should have already realized by now - the CIA is running many aspects of the theater that is hidden beneath the surface... They have planted there agents within the MSM propaganda machine, they've already placed their operatives within the highest levels of our government - i.e. Obama & Hillary Clinton to name a couple...

One of the things that Trump had included to cover in his speeches is to stop the flow of drugs into this country. If he is truly concerned with tackling this problem, then he would eventually come to the crux / root of the problem - i.e. the CIA. The CIA is a like the criminal Mafia, imo. James Corbett of 'Corbett Report' has a number of podcasts regarding the CIA and drug trafficking.

Trump is not a politician. Watching through his campaign process & leading up to the various debates, from my point of view, he appears to be learning fairly quickly the finer aspects in playing out this new role. I can only hope that he has good people around him offering sound advice... along with a cuadre of secret service people that will protect his backside from the CIA minions... as we all know what happened to JFK and his brother Robert. (See Guardian article - excerpt below.)

Quote CIA officers combating Islamist terrorism decided they should keep some suspects out of the US courts for fear of jeopardising their sources and to protect intelligence officials from other countries who did not wish to be called as witnesses. Michael Scheuer, a former CIA counter-terrorism expert, has explained how he approached Clinton administration officials for permission. "They said, 'Do it'."

While it is against US law to take anyone to a country where there are "substantial grounds" for believing they will be tortured, those officials are said to have relied upon a very precise reading of that term, arguing that they could not be sure whether suspects would be tortured or not. At least four suspected Islamists were subsequently abducted in the Balkans in the late 1990s and taken to Egypt.

One disappeared, two are reported to have been executed and one later alleged that he was tortured. An Islamist organisation threatened retaliation for these abductions and two days later, the US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya were blown up, killing 224 people.

The Bush administration reviewed and renewed the presidential directive which authorises the rendition programme, and after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the number of abductions rocketed. According to Scott Horton, an international law specialist who helped prepare a report on renditions published by the New York University School of Law and the New York City Bar Association, as many as 150 people have been "rendered" over the past four years. Most of these people have not been charged with any crime.

They are denied lawyers, their families do not know their whereabouts and their detention is concealed from the international committee of the Red Cross.
    Last edited by turiya; 9th November 2016 at 21:41.

32. Link to Post #980
    Thanks

Nigel Farage on President Trump - "2016 The Year of 2 Great Political Revolutions"

Published on 9 Nov 2016
    Nigel Farage discusses the result of the 2016 Presidential Election
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 10th November 2016 at 00:45.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

genevieve (10th November 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 242 FirstFirst 1 39 49 59 99 149 242 LastLast