Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst 1 142 192 232 242 246 LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 4920

Thread: Transition into Trump

1. Link to Post #4821
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Default Re: Transition into Trump

Being the political cynic I've become, I can't help but wonder what is in Senator Merkley past that might come out . . . . or what the dems are holding over his head to make him move forward with this.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #4822
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    If the premise of the complaint is that there should be no vote before and investigation is conducted and all relevant evidence on these charges are heard, and if that relevant evidence is her testimony, then her testifying takes away the premise of the complaint and the possible basis for a TRO and/or an injunction.

If the status quo had been or is that she had not testified before the vote, then maybe a TRO was possible. But if she does testify, even without an investigation, then the status quo is that she already testified. In that case, even if the status quo remains that there has still been no vote, I doubt very much that a fair and impartial federal judge will grant a TRO to stop the vote.

Typically before one goes to the USCS one has to go through the lower courts. That starts in the US District Court before an Article III judge and then moves to a US court of appeals. However there is a mechanism to by pass the court of appeals and try to get immediate review in the USSC.

My guess is, no TRO, and no injunction to stop the vote. At the end of the day, even if this does go to a higher court, including the USSC, that will be the result.
    Thanks for the most helpful explanations.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), David Trd1 (1st October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), Satori (27th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #4823
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

I still have not thoroughly read and analyzed the complaint., nor am I certain that it has in fact been filed.

But, going over it again one more time it does not appear that Dr. Ford's testifying, or not, is the linchpin of the the complaint. By that I mean, although she is mentioned, the complaint focuses on obtaining documents relative to the nominee that have allegedly been withheld on the grounds of some privilege, such as executive privilege.

Dr. Ford's testifying would not moot out that aspect, or any other aspect, of the complaint. But, that does not mean that there is merit to the complaint sufficient to warrant postponing the vote.

Also, since the nominee is a judge in the DC Circuit Court of Appeals, it is likely that if this complaint was filed and if higher review is sought, all the judges on that circuit court will recuse themselves, that is, abstain from hearing the case, and the case if appealed will get to the USSC by a more direct route.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), norman (27th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #4824
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,046 times in 8,169 posts

If anyone wants to know, The Alex Jones Show is going commercial free in the next hour while they go live to see Kavanaugh speak etc.

There's a video frame of it live on the front page of https://www.infowars.com/

LIVE NOW ! He's sounding pretty good so far.

AJ Show - The Kavanaugh Testimony 1st hour - 2018-09-27_Thursday
    MP3
    https://app.box.com/s/74nrogg9eugh15flx2w2gr2052us27qx
    Last edited by norman; 27th September 2018 at 20:50.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), PurpleLama (27th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #4825
    Language
    English
    Thanks

... and the case if appealed will get to the USSC by a more direct route.
    So does that mean that one potential outcome that I conjectured above - that a DC court ruling unfavorable to Kavanaugh's confirmation would be upheld by way of a 4-4 tie vote on the US Supreme Court - is still one (of the many) possible outcomes ?

I'm still anticipating that whatever is the path of maximum chaos and controversy possible, will be the path taken.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #4826
    Language
    English
    Thanks

But, going over it again one more time it does not appear that Dr. Ford's testifying, or not, is the linchpin of the the complaint. By that I mean, although she is mentioned, the complaint focuses on obtaining documents relative to the nominee that have allegedly been withheld on the grounds of some privilege, such as executive privilege.
    Yes - a fact that I found particularly annoying, as I posted above in Post #4815.

Ask for something that (1) you can't have and (2) that's not relevant to your current task anyway, and then (3) complain to high heaven and (perhaps ultimately) the Supreme Court when you can't get it.

===

Clearly the AI bots are already in control, and are (quite successfully it seems) already defeating us humans by inflicting maximum chaos and controversy on our feeble human endeavors.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 27th September 2018 at 19:18.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), Satori (27th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #4827
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,046 times in 8,169 posts

I'm really starting to wonder if there is some kind of embedded trigger language put in during the school years that can be activated by CNN etc.

A really scientific program.

They are escalating all the maddness as if it IS the trigger to activate the people they want activated.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), Valerie Villars (10th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #4828
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,060 times in 2,419 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    ... and the case if appealed will get to the USSC by a more direct route.
    So does that mean that one potential outcome that I conjectured above - that a DC court ruling unfavorable to Kavanaugh's confirmation would be upheld by way of a 4-4 tie vote on the US Supreme Court - is still one (of the many) possible outcomes ?

I'm still anticipating that whatever is the path of maximum chaos and controversy possible, will be the path taken.

A 4/4 tie in the USSC is a probability regardless of how the case gets there (assuming it gets there) and regardless of whether the DC Circuit judges decided against or for the vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation, or whether by some procedure the case goes directly to the USSC and not to the DC Circuit Court first.

In some situations the USSC can have original jurisdiction on appeal without the case first having gone to an intermediate appellate court. I'm not positive that this case (assuming it was filed) presents such a situation, but it may given the Constitutional issues raised and the exigent circumstances urged in the complaint.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #4829
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Adult language, but good lyrics.

Quote "I Like Trump" - An0maly (produced by: Morgoth Beatz & Kinfolk Jon) Lyrics:
    I like Trump I don’t really give a ****
    All ya’ll suckI’m too real to play it safe, you fake & front
    I’m the plug
    Ya’ll just follow like some sheep, do what they want
    I don’t jump, I’m just saying how I feel like Donald Trump,
    I like Trump (x2)

I be blunt & real I do what I feel
    Smoke a blunt & chill Make a hundred mil
    Beat the system while the matrix numbers peel
    People hate but I just make another deal
    You don’t understand the system (yea)
    I’m about to paint the picture (yea)
    Media control the mind & censor
    Everything that ever goes against him (yea)
    Why they pin you as the victim? (yea)
    So you always stay dependent. (yea)
    Then they tell you they gon’ raise the Taxes, help you out with everything you give them (yea)
    Yet, the homeless getting bigger (yea)
    Sell some weapons out in Yemen (yea)
    I ain’t getting into all the specifics
    But you best believe I ain’t trippin’,
    Listen All these rappers complain about taxes
    But don’t realize who tax ‘em
    Under control of the mind, got the culture hijacked & the people moving backwards
    Kanye be trying to tell you the truth…
    But the critics still slashed him
    What ever happened to Prince, Dick Gregory, Dr. Sebi, Michael Jackson…
    I like Trump I like Trump I don’t really give a ****
    All ya’ll suck
    I’m too real to play it safe, you fake & front
    I’m the plug
    Ya’ll just follow like some sheep, do what they want
    I don’t jump, I’m just saying how I feel like Donald Trump,
    I like Trump (x2)

I be blunt & real I do what I feel
    Smoke a blunt & chill Make a hundred mil
    Beat the system while the matrix numbers peel
    People hate but I just make another deal (x2)

Yeah, All these nice politician lie (yea)
    Steal your money stack it like to Dubai (yea)
    Got you in your feelings to the ceiling
    But dealing with the villains & the killings to the side (yea)
    I’m about to teach you the truth (yea)
    They ain’t tryna teach it to you (yea)
    They would rather keep you in the system
    Pay 100k for college just to end up in prison (yea)
    They should sign your boy to Roc A Feller (oooh)
    I can preach on beat or Acapella (oooh)Reachin’ deaf & blind like Hellen Keller
    Tell em, look up who it was who sent out Luther King a letter
    We about to hit ‘em with the red wave, yeah
    I ain’t tryna be another tech slave, nah Zuckerberg & Bezos, check the halo
    I working with them angels while you stackin’ up the pesos From Pablo to AMLOWe gon’ bring the God flow, to all zones, I like Trump I like Trump I don’t really give a **** All ya’ll suckI’m too real to play it safe, you fake & front I’m the plug Ya’ll just follow like some sheep, do what they want I don’t jump, I’m just saying how I feel like Donald Trump, I like Trump (x2)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th October 2018), BMJ (24th October 2018), Valerie Villars (10th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #4830
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Adult language, but good lyrics.
    I don't really care for rap (imo created just to keep black Americans in the gutter), but I like his attitude.

Kanye's new album is pretty innovative too. A lot of it is closer to old school R&B or something straddling genres, and not really even rap.

Example:

Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 17th October 2018 at 07:22.

20. Link to Post #4831
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (28th December 2018), David Trd1 (17th November 2018), Fellow Aspirant (10th December 2018)

22. Link to Post #4832
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Just noticed this rather "prophetic" post from 2011 Donald Trump for President 2012 .

It seems that the suggestion that Trump could ever be president went over like a lead balloon, even here at Avalon.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (30th November 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st December 2018)

24. Link to Post #4833
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

AG nominee William Barr-a super swamp dweller?

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (10th December 2018), Curiosity (11th January 2020), Franny (11th January 2020), JRS (10th December 2018), onawah (10th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (10th December 2018)

26. Link to Post #4834
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Antagenet (here)
    AG nominee William Barr-a super swamp dweller?
    So ... Attorney General nominee William Barr has deep connections with the Bush family.

This video connected one dot for me that I had missed before. It was the drug running portion of the Iran-Contra controversy, while Reagan was US President and George H.W. Bush was his Vice President (V.P.), that got Bill Clinton his start, as a young governor in Arkansas, where the drugs were being shipped in from South America, through Mena, Arkansas, to various American inner cities. So (Republican) Bush, as a former CIA head and powerful current V.P., and (Democrat) Bill Clinton, as a young governor, go back a long way, to the CIA run Iran Contra drug operation through Clinton's Arkansas, in the 1980's.

... and by the above video, Trump's new nominee for Attorney General, William Barr, was a key operative in that Iran-Contra drug running operation. The video documents several other "tasks" that Barr undertook for Bush, with Bush eventually making Barr his Attorney General, back then late in Bush's Presidential term, in 1991.

A couple of months ago, in early October 2018, it seemed that Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh also seemed to have very deep connections with the Bush family.

I surmise from this that the Bush family, and hence 9/11 and the JFK assassination, in both of which the Bush family was deeply involved, are "safe", that they are parts of the swamp that will not be drained.

Rather it seems that we are heading toward some draining of portions of the swamp closely associated with Hillary Clinton, such as exposing the Clinton Foundation, Uranium One, Hillary's email server and some of her stooges in the Dept of Justice.

But vast tracks of swamp-land will remain quite swampy, major lies and false operations of the past will remain whispers in the halls of us tin-foil-hat conspiracy theory nut cases, and, sadly, the CIA and Federal Reserve, as well as the role of the most powerful families, will remain, after perhaps a fresh coat of paint.

I do not see any former U.S. President facing criminal charges.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (28th December 2018), Antagenet (10th December 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (10th December 2018), Bruno (10th December 2018), mountain_jim (11th December 2018), onawah (10th December 2018)

28. Link to Post #4835
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    I surmise from this that the Bush family, and hence 9/11 and the JFK assassination, in both of which the Bush family was deeply involved, are "safe", that they are parts of the swamp that will not be drained.
    George Jr. may or may not be publicly held to account by the time all of this is said and done, and I do believe the Bush networks have been dismantled, but I think you are right that they will be shielded from most of the fallout.

That goes for the Reagan administration too, which, especially after they tried to assassinate Reagan and then started drugging him, was basically just the first Bush Sr. administration. You have the Franklin Scandal and all kinds of other stuff that indicates Reagan's administration saw a continuation of all the same basic corruption at the heart of the system, despite whatever Reagan's own intentions might have been. It would be too destabilizing for the psychology of the nation to have to deal with so much corruption going all the way back in our history to JFK.

But, maybe a few years into the tribunals and other court cases, I think people will be more ready to accept what has happened to us since the Federal Reserve was created, even moreso since WW2, and then accelerated again after JFK was killed. Even if it doesn't translate down to the common working man and woman, academics will have more than enough gristle to chew on for many decades.

But the real reason I wanted to come dig this thread back up was to share some otherwise off-topic "transition to Trump" material.

If not for double standards, they'd have no standards at all:

Does that picture not speak volumes? Of course, despite it not being highly-publicized in the first place, I'm sure it's "fake."

29. Link to Post #4836
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,092 times in 20,639 posts

He's not a fan of Q, but Dark Journalist had some good things to say about Trump at 2 hours 25 minutes in here :
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (29th January 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2019), mountain_jim (18th January 2019)

31. Link to Post #4837
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Last edited by Did You See Them; 11th April 2019 at 09:52.

32. Link to Post #4838
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

This is probably a good place for this insightful interview, for people who may be interested.

Doug Wead interview with Jan Jekielek

Quote Why is a presidential historian receiving death threats for writing an officially sanctioned book about an American presidency?

In the eyes of Doug Wead, who was given unprecedented access to people associated with the Trump presidency, what are its distinguishing features?

And what do President Trump and his children have to say for the record, in their own words?
    One of the insights that was of particular interest to me was the research that Doug Wead did a while back about the common trait among great leaders.

It was "listening".

He said the one thing that surprised him about Trump was how great a listener he was. I've heard this from many others, every day people on the street to people in leadership positions in government and companies.

It's the first thing he does when he decides to tackle an issue, he brings in people who are affected from all walks of life and listens.
    Last edited by edina; 11th January 2020 at 15:53.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Chester (11th January 2020), ClearWater (11th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (11th January 2020), Jayke (11th January 2020)

34. Link to Post #4839
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by edina (here)
    He said the one thing that surprised him about Trump was how great a listener he was. I've heard this from many others, every day people on the street to people in leadership positions in government and companies.
    It's the first thing he does when he decides to tackle an issue, he brings in people who are affected from all walks of life and listens.
    I have noticed, when he bombed Syria and now with this recent assassination, the US news media takes a respite from the We Hate Trump Show, and treats him like Mr. President. They seem to be trying to Pavlov him, with positive and negative reinforcement, to get with the neocon programme.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

ClearWater (11th January 2020), edina (12th January 2020), Jayke (11th January 2020)

36. Link to Post #4840
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,171 times in 2,420 posts

Quote Posted by TomKat (here)
    Quote Posted by edina (here)
    I have noticed, when he bombed Syria and now with this recent assassination, the US news media takes a respite from the We Hate Trump Show, and treats him like Mr. President. They seem to be trying to Pavlov him, with positive and negative reinforcement, to get with the neocon programme.
    Hi TomKat, have you watched the interview?

I agree, the media has been using as a stick/carrot for Presidents, Prime Ministers, people in all sorts of leadership positions, for a very long time.

I posted the above interview thinking about people who may be interested.
    Last edited by edina; 12th January 2020 at 15:57.
    I happily co-create a balanced world culture harmonized with Infinite Intelligence. ~ edina (Renaissance Humanity)

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

BushPilot (11th January 2020), Chester (11th January 2020), Deux Corbeaux (11th January 2020), Jayke (11th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 246 FirstFirst 1 142 192 232 242 246 LastLast