+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: ARE YOU SPECIAL or are you ENTITLED? (The Extremism Of Veganism: Exposing The Greatest Lie)

1. Link to Post #81
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: ARE YOU SPECIAL or are you ENTITLED? (The Extremism Of Veganism: Exposing The Greatest Lie)

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Please watch this powerful presentation - are you REALLY awake? Or maybe sleepwalking though the APPARENT awakening?? Do you have the guts to watch this??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUTgZ7s_hiw#
    I can't watch this as I don't have a Youtube account. I've searched, superficially perhaps, for alternate locations without success.

Anyone know a bypass for the age-restricted content on Youtube or an alternate location?

Well stupid me, of course that works... but now, oddly, I cannot download it. :/
    It works for me.
    FYI: Along with the video, the transcript for Emily Moran Barwick’s speech is on her site.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (17th May 2016), Constance (18th May 2016), Daozen (18th May 2016), Ewan (18th May 2016), Pam (17th May 2016), Verdilac (17th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 times in 241 posts

Default Re: ARE YOU SPECIAL or are you ENTITLED? (The Extremism Of Veganism: Exposing The Greatest Lie)

I have be quietly thinking what I'm about to say for a while.

Its just a though, so here goes.

Does anyone else think that huge amount of hormones that murdered animals endocrine systems release at the time of there butchery is partially to blame for the sorry state of human behaviour by those that ingest these butchered animals.

Just thought I would put it out there as it seems on topic and I keep on coming back to this thought and have heard no mention of it anywhere.

Thank you
    Last edited by Verdilac; 17th May 2016 at 23:42.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Verdilac For This Post:

Agape (18th May 2016), Akasha (18th May 2016), Constance (18th May 2016), Daozen (18th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member Hip Hipnotist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 times in 314 posts

Quote Posted by Verdilac (here)

Does anyone else think that huge amount of hormones that murdered animals endocrine systems release at the time of there butchery is partially to blame for the sorry state of human behaviour by those that ingest these butchered animals.

Just thought I would put it out there as it seems on topic and I keep on coming back to this thought and have heard no mention of it anywhere.

Thank you
    How's this for a one word, no explanation needed answer...

YES.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hip Hipnotist For This Post:

Akasha (18th May 2016), Pam (18th May 2016), raff (20th May 2016), Verdilac (18th May 2016)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Hip Hipnotist (here)
    Quote Posted by Verdilac (here)

Thank you
    How's this for a one word, no explanation needed answer...

YES.

I agree also. I believe it happens at the chemical level and at the vibrational level. Think about it, for years the only insulin available was from an animal. That hormone placed in the human body most definitely had an effect on insulin levels. Why wouldn't that last blast of fear hormones do anything less. Now add the antibiotics used to subdue disease from overcrowded, horrific, hell like conditions and maybe a little red goo to make it all look fresh and god only knows what chemical/vibrational concoction you are eating.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Agape (20th May 2016), Akasha (18th May 2016), Daozen (18th May 2016), raff (20th May 2016), Verdilac (20th May 2016), Wind (20th May 2016)

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,435 times in 3,321 posts

After watching this video, there can be little doubt that these incredible beings feel for, and care for each other and their families just like we do...

Here, these beautiful beings understand that they are enroaching on human territory and yet they are so tender and trusting.

Hail the animal kingdom!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Constance For This Post:

Agape (20th May 2016), Akasha (20th May 2016), Heyoka_11 (20th May 2016), Orph (4th June 2016), Pam (19th May 2016), raff (20th May 2016)

11. Link to Post #86
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,163 times in 1,390 posts

I just came across a recent Huff' Post article highlighting an Oxford University study which demonstrates the potential significance of a vegan diet from an ecological, economic and health perspective. Check out the related 1 minute video on the page too. I'd embed it but it's on Vimeo.

Quote Having a vegan friend may make it harder for you to choose a weekly brunch spot, but according to a new study, the small vegan population might just have the right idea. Turns out, going vegan could be the key to saving both the planet and millions of lives.

According to researchers at Oxford University, worldwide veganism would also save some $700 billion to $1 trillion per year on health care, and cut food-related emissions by 70 percent.....(full article here)
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Agape (21st May 2016), Heyoka_11 (20th May 2016), Pam (15th June 2016), raff (20th May 2016), Sophocles (15th June 2016)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,244 times in 4,597 posts

Quote Posted by Clear Blue Skies (here)
    Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Thank you, I feel so desperate & alone in this fight. . . why do so few break this barrier of darkness?
    I can get very sad on such things, the news , the endless wars , too sad ..

but it's probably important to realise it's been that way since the beginning when we set out foot on this planet .

The first of 4 Noble Truth of Buddha is realisation that 'Life Is Suffering'. [1]

Every day somewhere someone dies and someone is born anew, every minute or less . Someone have the best day today and many their worse .
    Change is inevitable to all living things .. Time proceeds with its steady or fluctuating vector to form yet unknown future , leaving the imprint of its past like carpet woven to hyperspace . Everything just transforms ..

There are planets in faraway stars that are far more hospitable to host advanced life like yours than here ..

Seeing any one part of the truth , of the chain of causes and consequences is still a view broken to countless facets ,

the state free of suffering is not of this world [3]

in order to accommodate this extreme human situation we need to achieve extraordinary wisdom
    that will heal the rest

Oh, Hi Agape

I hope you don't mind if I query a couple of points as highlighted above ?

Now as I don't know what your source is for [1] and [3] I'd like to post a different interpretation of the 4NT's which I consider are rendered in a much more positive light ... this from RigpaWiki :

The Four Noble Truths or the Four Realities of the Aryas, were taught by Buddha Shakyamuni as the central theme of the so-called first turning of the wheel of the Dharma after his attainment of enlightenment. They are:

1. The truth (or reality) of suffering which is to be understood,
    2. The truth (or reality) of the origin of suffering, which is to be abandoned,
    3. The truth (or reality) of cessation, which is to be actualized, and
    4. The truth (or reality) of the path, which is to be relied upon.

In other words, like a doctor, Buddha Shakyamuni diagnosed our illness, wrote out a prescription and left it to us to take the medicine eh ?

Somehow , I happened to skip reading your post and well , if you happen to read this times later ...

feel free to inquire about me from the internet records ...

I did study and teach and having my own knowledge ..and somehow, I'm still member of this forum , have couple of reports and interviews out there that could explain 'a little bit' but somehow I don't think this thread and manner in particular is particularly suitable for that purpose .

Proof of which is ...

I missed your posting Sorry about that .

The original version of 4 noble truth as taught by Buddha Shakyamuni during the first 'turning of the wheel' in Sarnath in either Pali ( his native language ) or Sanskrit ( the scholastic language , and they're both very close to each other )
    can't be completely verified
    since typically for teachers of old, Buddha himself wrote nothing , it was his chief disciples , the 'Arhats' ( known as the 16 arhats according to many scriptural resources ) who sat on transcribing and recording Buddhas teachings after he passed away ..

and that activity itself lasted for many years ..

but if you're asking about the 4 noble truth, the closest to original version I found in Bodhgaya and the most condensed version too is ( in Sanskrit ) :

1. Sarvam Dukham
    2. Sarvam Anityam
    3. Sarvam Anatmanam
    4. Shantam Nirvanam

Transcriptions vary . In short it means that everything observable (''sarvam''=everything, all phenomenal existence as known through out the 6 realms ) is impermanent (''anityam'') , inter-dependant ( ''an-atmanam'' = literally , ''soul-less' or 'spiritless' or 'essence less' , depending on your formulation of reality ) and suffer decay , so it's inevitable we experience pain and suffering( 'dukham' ) - and no matter what anti-dotes can be applied , we are still going to experience pain and suffering.

Buddhas truth goes deep , deeper than most other gnostic systems known to me .

The 'clue' in understanding why is it so can be well studied from many doctrines , from Hindu and Buddhist theories of dependant origination to the phenomenology of last century .
    Following the correct understanding of 'dependant origination' the 'remedy' of cessation of causes of many of our sufferings can be found .

But ultimately , 'only nirvana is peace' ( Shantam Nirvanam ) , says Buddha , till you are an 'embodied being' within any of the realms of existence as we know them you're bound to experience impermanence and some level of pain and cessation ..

so 'complete peace' , Buddhas confirm does not exist in what they call 'Samsara' .

Nirvana , literally translated, means 'evaporating without trace' . So they said, till we are here we're part of the problem and its solution but can't have 'complete peace' .

My understanding and path were very practical , and aged .. so I really do avoid scholastic debates and do not 'teach buddhism' as such either . Unless that's your inclination .

To explain this even more succinctly and without the bias many later buddhist teachings and teachers claimed to be 'Buddhas doctrine' ,

the original Buddha ( Shakyamuni ) did not promise any sort of 'eternal salvation' or 'freedom from suffering' to people is possible ,
    he rather meticulously explained logical links and bounds between the 'experiencer' , 'experiencing' and 'experience' , reasons observable by anyone through their delicate sense of awareness and that this phenomenal reality is bound to happen following its own laws .

Upon that and building upon your abstract experience you're bound to experience yourself on many ascending levels of your reality ,

you're only 'liberated' from worldly existence if you 'disconnect' completely .

In the tenets of worldly existence every 'Buddha' is ultimately a reflection of his times and morals , an illusion . The true 'Buddha' residing in your Heart is a 'great secret' . Beyond Top Secret
    Last edited by Agape; 23rd May 2016 at 22:04.

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Emily does it again, this time showing the "banned" footage from Milk Life's Dairy Milk Vs. Almond Milk Spelling Bee” commercial (check the comments and the like/dislike ratio in the original video).

Last edited by Akasha; 1st June 2016 at 16:31.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Pam (15th June 2016), Sophocles (15th June 2016)

16. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

The video Kirolak shared in the OP was well on its way to going viral with Emily (Bite SIze Vegan) hailing its response as her most successful so far…….until YouTube decided to deem some of the content "inappropriate" and, as a result, flag it as age-restricted, meaning that folk would have to be logged in in order to watch it.

To counter this she's re-edited it so that the graphic footage is no longer present and is going to re-upload it (with a link to the original) today.

Please get behind this and give it some momentum again if you can.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

18. Link to Post #90
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Emily makes a good point in the above video saying "society wants the end product without having to acknowledge the process". Out of sight, out of mind...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Akasha (15th June 2016), Pam (15th June 2016)

20. Link to Post #91
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Akasha (here)
    The video Kirolak shared in the OP was well on its way to going viral with Emily (Bite SIze Vegan) hailing its response as her most successful so far…….until YouTube decided to deem some of the content "inappropriate" and, as a result, flag it as age-restricted, meaning that folk would have to be logged in in order to watch it.

To counter this she's re-edited it so that the graphic footage is no longer present and is going to re-upload it (with a link to the original) today.

Please get behind this and give it some momentum again if you can.

I am thankful Emily just didn't settle for the restriction. When we are told "no" it doesn't mean we have to accept it.

There are multitudes that are very happy with the status quo. They do not want anyone to lift their head out of the sand, and open their eyes.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Akasha (15th June 2016), Sophocles (15th June 2016)

22. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    .....There are multitudes that are very happy with the status quo. They do not want anyone to lift their head out of the sand, and open their eyes.
    I'd be more inclined to use the term blissfuly ignorant regarding the status quo. It's no coincidence that the horrors of animal agriculture take place behind closed doors and the industry wants it kept that way. Paul McCartney's much repeated catchphrase, "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian" is just as true now as it was when he coined it. I also think his phrase could be altered from "vegetarian" to "vegan" since the overwhelming majority of animals exploited for their secretions / by-products end up in those hellholes too.
    Last edited by Akasha; 15th June 2016 at 19:19.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

Here's the re-edited, YouTube-friendly version of the presentation in the OP:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Sophocles (19th June 2016)

26. Link to Post #94
    Thanks

Emily's latest presentation, delivered to an Irish audience and targeting the misconceptions of animal agriculture in Ireland:

The Best We Have To Offer? | Inside Ireland’s “Humane” Farming

Most people are against factory farming—but what about grass-fed, free-range, humane agriculture? Nowhere is animal agriculture more idealized and visually stunning than the rolling green landscape of Ireland. Undercover videos of animal abuse are exceedingly scarce and Ireland’s farmers pride themselves on higher standards and better regulations. So let’s take a close look at these higher standards—the very best we have to offer—and see if our assurances of “humane treatment” stand. Is it REALLY ‘not like that here?’

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

LoveTones (28th December 2016)

28. Link to Post #95
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

If you use a computer, you are using animal parts.

29. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Emily's latest presentation, again, highly engaging and full of "nuggets" and, in spite of the title, with plenty of content poignent to non-vegans too:

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Pam (9th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5