+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel' over diplomatic cables leaks

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel' over diplomatic cables leaks

Hi All Avalonians, Guests,

Getting deeper still, Israel now!, whose next...!

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...7/18665978.php

All my blessings.

Deega

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

Default Re: WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel' over diplomatic cables leaks

Geez, doing a deal with Israel would be doing a deal with the devil. (Israel as in the zionistic gvt - not the people living there)
    J.A.comes across as an intelligent man - would he be so stupid?

Feels like a smear.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

Deega (9th December 2010)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    Geez, doing a deal with Israel would be doing a deal with the devil. (Israel as in the zionistic gvt - not the people living there)
    J.A.comes across as an intelligent man - would he be so stupid?

Feels like a smear.
    Thanks Teakai,

Hmm!, I think that when money is involved, strange things happened. And I don't know if Assange is wealthy enough to stay clear of the power of money...?

All my blessings.

Deega

5. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Im with you T - ja said in the vid that astrid put up that information still to come effects EVERY country. I think the article is a tad premature and do not beleive that WL will purposefully endanger people as intimated in the video. No-one has been able to confirm that anyones life has been endangered as a result of the release of the "historical" information. Nothing as I understand discloses "future" plans.
    IMHO, I doubt that they would take bribery money. That does not appear to be their purpose.
    Dont forget they are far from finished this release..................stay tuned anything could happen.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

astrid (9th December 2010), Deega (9th December 2010)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 times in 1,362 posts

True dat, Deega.

To some people principle has far greater worth than money - I'm one of those people, so I know they exist
    And I'm not a bit financially wealthy, by western standards, and have no interest to be.

So, here's hoping he's a principles man.

The barriers of your belief will form the bars which imprison your mind.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakai For This Post:

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Teakai (here)
    True dat, Deega.

To some people principle has far greater worth than money - I'm one of those people, so I know they exist
    And I'm not a bit financially wealthy, by western standards, and have no interest to be.

So, here's hoping he's a principles man.
    Thanks Teakai,

Think the same!

All my blessings.

Deega

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Quote Hmm!, I think that when money is involved, strange things happened. And I don't know if Assange is wealthy enough to stay clear of the power of money...?
    How about death threat to JA or his family? JA may be willing to be martyr, but almost everybody would have to step back if their family's well-beings are threatened.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fifi For This Post:

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Well, I'll tell you you can talk about just about anyone, but if you talk out publicly against any country and in that list is Israel, they are seemingly the first to reach out, and kill. This much is known. It is rather easy to figure that out. They do it directly or they have someone do it for them.

I've also heard this from people - who would know.
    Last edited by Carmody; 9th December 2010 at 00:31.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (9th December 2010), Deega (9th December 2010), karelia (9th December 2010)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fifi (here)
    How about death threat to JA or his family? JA may be willing to be martyr, but almost everybody would have to step back if their family's well-beings are threatened.
    Thanks fifi,

Yes!, you are right!, but death threat came after making information available, not before that I aware of!, do you have information to that effect...?, may you shared...!

All my blessings.

Deega

15. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArchiv...aspx?ID=220467

I found it interesting that Qatar was awarded the next FIFA world cup renewing allegations of corruption among its officials

there were just a few, to say the least disgruntled countries and citizens of those countries that could not believe the decision to "award" Qatar hosting rights

"WikiLeaks: Mossad chief sees Qatar as ‘real problem’
    December 3, 2010

Print

Save as PDF

Email

The chief of Israel's spy agency Mossad warned the United States that Qatar, which is to host the 2022 football World Cup, poses "a real problem," in a US diplomatic cable published by WikiLeaks on Friday.

It says Meir Dagan issued the warning in a July 12 meeting with a senior US counter-terrorism official, Francis Fragos Townsend.

Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, tries to please all parties in the Middle East, including Syria, Iran and the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas, to underline its independence while hosting a major US base, he said.

The result is that he is "annoying everyone," according to Dagan, who pointed to frequent fallout from damaging coverage of Arab states by Qatar's satellite news channel Al-Jazeera.

The station could even provoke the Middle East's next war because Arab leaders hold Sheikh Hamad personally responsible for the coverage, according to the Mossad chief.

"I think you [the United States] should remove your bases from there ... seriously," Dagan, who retires in December, is quoted as saying.

"They have confidence only because of the US presence."

Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad al-Thani, chief executive of the Qatar 2022 bid committee, told reporters in Zurich on Thursday after the World Cup announcement that his country would also host Israel if it qualifies for the finals.

-AFP/NOW Lebanon

just bringing forward more dots to see if and where they connect

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I get a lot of soccer fans are fanatical about thier beloved game , many remember the soccer riots at various times and places around the world attributed to outcome of games

¤=[Post Update]=¤

*some say fanatical , others would be more comfortable with the term passionate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I thin they should wait for this before making any plans https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...g-to-the-Earth!

18. Link to Post #12
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

OK Deega and fellow Avalonians, here is my detailed analysis on this IndyBay Article which makes the general allegation that Wikileaks ‘struck a deal with Israel over diplomatic cable leaks, and moreover took money for it.

FACT FIND RESULTS ON THE INDYBAY ARTICLE - Note: no author for this article is listed –the article appears under a section entitled “Palestine”

Link to Indybay article:

Allegations [1] – [8] and Sources – and links

The first and most damaging allegation in the Indybay piece (Indybay is affiliated with Indymedia and has links to Indymedia on its web page bnner, but is not synonymous with that organization) is that Wikileaks struck a secret deal with Israeli authorities to insure that any documents that could damage Israel’s interests would be ‘removed’ before the rest of the documents became public. The source for that allegation, included as footnote [1] is a Wired Article, see link below. This article provides nothing to corroborate and verify this damaging allegation, rather the article focuses on disgruntled former Wikileaks employee Daniel Dorrsheit-Berg, why he left Wikileaks and internal politics within the Wikileaks organization.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ileaks-revolt/

The second and very damaging allegation is that Assange accepted money from ‘semi-official Israeli officials’ and that he specifically agreed in exchange in a secretly taped interview not to publish any documents that would hurt Israeli interests. This allegation links to an article in Syriatruth and it is printed in Arabic, and cited as footnote [2] in the article, with no reliable verbatim translation from Arabic to English provided.

http://www.syriatruth.info/content/view/977/36/

Because the entire Syriatruth article is completely in Arabic it is impossible for non-Arabic readers or speakers to confirm whether the article in fact makes these allegations, let alone go any further with fact-checking on this issue, due to formidable language barriers that the authors of the Indybay article do nothing to assist readers concerned about the truth to surmount.

The third, fourth and fifth allegations footnoted [3], [4] and [5] link to articles in the German Press, as follows, NOTE the first link to taz is in German and thus non-German readers cannot check for veracity, let alone follow-up for further fact-checking.

http://www.taz.de/1/netz/netzpolitik...r-zum-popstar/

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...732212,00.html

and

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...719619,00.html

The last two Der Spiegel articles linked directly above again relate to the saga of disgruntled former Wikileaks’ employee Daniel Dorrsheit-Berg, why he left Wikileaks, internal squabbles in the organization, and Dorrsheit-Berg’s opinions about Julian Assange’s leadership skills. The one article that includes quotes from an interview with Dorrsheit-Berg cited as [1] includes a section that relates to internal decisions about Wikileaks decision-making concerning information is the Wired Article, previously referenced, but nothing specific is said in that article about internal issues or decisions to corroborate the damaging allegations in the Indybay article, specifically that Assange made an agreement with Israel and accepted money from them in exchange for an agreement not to publish anything damaging to Israel’s interests. In fact the Wired piece quotes from Dorrsheit-Berg only serve to illustrate the sour grapes fired Dorrshiet-Berg had and due to Dorrsheit-Berg being at odds with Assange over decisions concerning organizational priorities that prevented what he felt was a much-needed reorganization. Nothing in any of these three articles in the German Press, therefore, as presented, substantiate the general damaging claims made in the Indybay article.

The sixth allegation in the article, accusing Assange of engaging in a secret meeting in Geneva with Israeli officials and agreeing to expung any leaked documents related to the Israeli attacks on Gaza and Lebanon, in 2006, and 2008-9, references as [6] a piece in Haaretz in which, not surprisingly, Israeli leaders said that Wikileaks helped them because the leaks underscored that Arabs themselves were calling on the US and Israel to take care of the problem with Iran. Though this information is sourced ostensibly to ‘Al-Haqiqa sources’ – no footnote is provided.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...srael-1.327773

No one can control what any government leaders say about anything and naturally they will put whatever spin serves their purpose on any news and will extract from an information dump whatever serves their interests and emphasize it. This Haaretz article does not prove that Assange arrived at a prior agreement with Israel concerning leaks of documents, or that he took money from Israeli officials in exchange for that agreement or that he in fact expunged such documents.

Allegation seven concerns Assange “praising Netanyahu as a hero of transparency and openness.” [7] linking to an article in Time Magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...4040-2,00.html

Nowhere does this article quote Assange as saying that Mr. Netanyahu is a “hero of transparency and openness” as alleged so this article does not verify accusation #7. There ARE some areas of ambiguous language in the piece, however, that COULD be conflated to infer something. But what, is unknown from the actual language in the piece. In fact the interviewer,(I am not able to provide you his name because the link [7] is only to page 2 of 4 pages in the Time article.) was the one who suggested that the information in the leaks underscored Israel’s position with respect to Iran by revealing that certain Arab leaders wished to decapitate the Iranian government.

The last allegation in the article is that Assange met twice with a left-leaning Lebanese newspaper who offered him money to obtain documents related to a secret war meeting ostensibly held between the US, Israeli and Lebanese parties at the US embassy in Beirut in July 24, 2006. According to source [8] the documents received by Al-Akhbar Editors left a gap and only covered information from 2008-forward, according to the Indybay article, thereby “supporting the Israeli deal allegations.”

Unfortunately again, footnote [8] links to an article in a Syrian paper that is entirely written in Arabic so it is completely impossible for a non-Arabic speaker or reader to verify whether in fact this article actually corroborates the allegations in the Indybay article, let alone enable one in search of the truth to take their fact-checking any further.

This is the second link to Syria Truth here:

http://www.syriatruth.info/content/view/986/36/

Conclusion:

The Indybay article does not meet even the most rudimentary journalistic standards. Aside from being riddled with conditional adverbs like “appears” – it is basically a hack-job. The sources cited DO NOT corroborate the damaging allegations being made, i.e. that Julian Assange of Wikileaks arrived at an agreement with Israel to redact any damaging documents prior to release, let alone that he accepted secret payments from them or from the newspaper Al-Akhbar for special dispensation. Moreover, knowing full well that the readers who will read the Indybay article are English readers, the article links to non-English publications, two in Arabic and one in German, as legitimate sources for its “news” reporting, further obscuring the truth.

If anyone thinks this analysis is helpful, please distribute it via Twitter, Facebook, etc. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ahkenaten; 9th December 2010 at 06:53.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

astrid (9th December 2010), Ba-ba-Ra (9th December 2010), karelia (9th December 2010)

20. Link to Post #13
    Germany Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 times in 898 posts

Ahkenaten, my little researcher's heart is bouncing! If we all read media "information" that way, they would soon stop daring to post any lies. ~applauds you~

21. Link to Post #14
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Why thanks Karelia - I used to work as an Asst. to Exec. Editor years ago and did lots of this kind of stuff. It is kind of fun, really. Separates the wheat from the chaff so to speak! Akh

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

23. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

Quote Yes!, you are right!, but death threat came after making information available, not before that I aware of!, do you have information to that effect...?, may you shared...!
    Hi Deega, I don't have information to that effect. It's just a guess, because I came from a country where any hint - just hint - against the government will bring punishment not only to the dissident, but also to his/her family/relatives. I also read this:

"Assange denies being anti-war, but is vehemently against a government lying to its people to drag them into needless war. He reminds those that have called him a traitor that he is an Australian citizen. He also points to several other measures which are being taken against him in the United States which are nothing short of diabolical, including a call to have his 20-year old son kidnapped."

http://www.examiner.com/foreign-poli...-his-own-words

24. The Following User Says Thank You to fifi For This Post:

25. Link to Post #16
    Deactivated
    Thanks

These people are DESPARATE! Anyone who believes otherwise in my opinion, is off their rocker!! I mean look at the stupid article in Indybay, supposedly affiliated with Indymedia............THAT is a credible piece of journalism? PUHLEEEESSEEEE! The malice and deliberate intention to do a character assassination is so blatantly obvious - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots and figure out where THAT came from!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

astrid (9th December 2010), Deega (9th December 2010)

27. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Ahkenaten, WOW what a great effort. Thank you

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Ahkenaten (9th December 2010), Deega (9th December 2010)

29. Link to Post #18
    Deactivated
    Thanks

As an update on my Indybay analysis I e-mailed Indybay to complain about the abysmal editorial policies that would permit an article like this to be posted without fact-checking and suggested they have a little talk with the anonymous submitter.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahkenaten For This Post:

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    OK Deega and fellow Avalonians, here is my detailed analysis on this IndyBay Article which makes the general allegation that Wikileaks ‘struck a deal with Israel over diplomatic cable leaks, and moreover took money for it.

FACT FIND RESULTS ON THE INDYBAY ARTICLE - Note: no author for this article is listed –the article appears under a section entitled “Palestine”

Link to Indybay article:

Allegations [1] – [8] and Sources – and links

The first and most damaging allegation in the Indybay piece (Indybay is affiliated with Indymedia and has links to Indymedia on its web page bnner, but is not synonymous with that organization) is that Wikileaks struck a secret deal with Israeli authorities to insure that any documents that could damage Israel’s interests would be ‘removed’ before the rest of the documents became public. The source for that allegation, included as footnote [1] is a Wired Article, see link below. This article provides nothing to corroborate and verify this damaging allegation, rather the article focuses on disgruntled former Wikileaks employee Daniel Dorrsheit-Berg, why he left Wikileaks and internal politics within the Wikileaks organization.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ileaks-revolt/

The second and very damaging allegation is that Assange accepted money from ‘semi-official Israeli officials’ and that he specifically agreed in exchange in a secretly taped interview not to publish any documents that would hurt Israeli interests. This allegation links to an article in Syriatruth and it is printed in Arabic, and cited as footnote [2] in the article, with no reliable verbatim translation from Arabic to English provided.

http://www.syriatruth.info/content/view/977/36/

Because the entire Syriatruth article is completely in Arabic it is impossible for non-Arabic readers or speakers to confirm whether the article in fact makes these allegations, let alone go any further with fact-checking on this issue, due to formidable language barriers that the authors of the Indybay article do nothing to assist readers concerned about the truth to surmount.

The third, fourth and fifth allegations footnoted [3], [4] and [5] link to articles in the German Press, as follows, NOTE the first link to taz is in German and thus non-German readers cannot check for veracity, let alone follow-up for further fact-checking.

http://www.taz.de/1/netz/netzpolitik...r-zum-popstar/

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...732212,00.html

and

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...719619,00.html

The last two Der Spiegel articles linked directly above again relate to the saga of disgruntled former Wikileaks’ employee Daniel Dorrsheit-Berg, why he left Wikileaks, internal squabbles in the organization, and Dorrsheit-Berg’s opinions about Julian Assange’s leadership skills. The one article that includes quotes from an interview with Dorrsheit-Berg cited as [1] includes a section that relates to internal decisions about Wikileaks decision-making concerning information is the Wired Article, previously referenced, but nothing specific is said in that article about internal issues or decisions to corroborate the damaging allegations in the Indybay article, specifically that Assange made an agreement with Israel and accepted money from them in exchange for an agreement not to publish anything damaging to Israel’s interests. In fact the Wired piece quotes from Dorrsheit-Berg only serve to illustrate the sour grapes fired Dorrshiet-Berg had and due to Dorrsheit-Berg being at odds with Assange over decisions concerning organizational priorities that prevented what he felt was a much-needed reorganization. Nothing in any of these three articles in the German Press, therefore, as presented, substantiate the general damaging claims made in the Indybay article.

The sixth allegation in the article, accusing Assange of engaging in a secret meeting in Geneva with Israeli officials and agreeing to expung any leaked documents related to the Israeli attacks on Gaza and Lebanon, in 2006, and 2008-9, references as [6] a piece in Haaretz in which, not surprisingly, Israeli leaders said that Wikileaks helped them because the leaks underscored that Arabs themselves were calling on the US and Israel to take care of the problem with Iran. Though this information is sourced ostensibly to ‘Al-Haqiqa sources’ – no footnote is provided.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...srael-1.327773

No one can control what any government leaders say about anything and naturally they will put whatever spin serves their purpose on any news and will extract from an information dump whatever serves their interests and emphasize it. This Haaretz article does not prove that Assange arrived at a prior agreement with Israel concerning leaks of documents, or that he took money from Israeli officials in exchange for that agreement or that he in fact expunged such documents.

Allegation seven concerns Assange “praising Netanyahu as a hero of transparency and openness.” [7] linking to an article in Time Magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...4040-2,00.html

Nowhere does this article quote Assange as saying that Mr. Netanyahu is a “hero of transparency and openness” as alleged so this article does not verify accusation #7. There ARE some areas of ambiguous language in the piece, however, that COULD be conflated to infer something. But what, is unknown from the actual language in the piece. In fact the interviewer,(I am not able to provide you his name because the link [7] is only to page 2 of 4 pages in the Time article.) was the one who suggested that the information in the leaks underscored Israel’s position with respect to Iran by revealing that certain Arab leaders wished to decapitate the Iranian government.

The last allegation in the article is that Assange met twice with a left-leaning Lebanese newspaper who offered him money to obtain documents related to a secret war meeting ostensibly held between the US, Israeli and Lebanese parties at the US embassy in Beirut in July 24, 2006. According to source [8] the documents received by Al-Akhbar Editors left a gap and only covered information from 2008-forward, according to the Indybay article, thereby “supporting the Israeli deal allegations.”

Unfortunately again, footnote [8] links to an article in a Syrian paper that is entirely written in Arabic so it is completely impossible for a non-Arabic speaker or reader to verify whether in fact this article actually corroborates the allegations in the Indybay article, let alone enable one in search of the truth to take their fact-checking any further.

This is the second link to Syria Truth here:

http://www.syriatruth.info/content/view/986/36/

Conclusion:

The Indybay article does not meet even the most rudimentary journalistic standards. Aside from being riddled with conditional adverbs like “appears” – it is basically a hack-job. The sources cited DO NOT corroborate the damaging allegations being made, i.e. that Julian Assange of Wikileaks arrived at an agreement with Israel to redact any damaging documents prior to release, let alone that he accepted secret payments from them or from the newspaper Al-Akhbar for special dispensation. Moreover, knowing full well that the readers who will read the Indybay article are English readers, the article links to non-English publications, two in Arabic and one in German, as legitimate sources for its “news” reporting, further obscuring the truth.

If anyone thinks this analysis is helpful, please distribute it via Twitter, Facebook, etc. Thanks!
    Thanks for the indepth analysis, interesting!

All my blessings.

Deega

32. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)

Conclusion:

Thanks Ahkenaton for your indepth (?) analysis, here a few comments on your conclusion.

You must be a specialist in journalism to conclude "The Indybay article does not meet even the most rudimentary journalistic standards", are you such a specialist...? And how may you come to this conclusion if you were not able to read the Arabic Articles, think about it...!

You say that it is a "hack-job", don't we see, often, some of these in the formal journalistic world...?, and we tend to let it slide in, don't we...?

I'm not sure, you may conclude that the allegations are not factual if you were not able to read the Arabic Articles...!

I should point out that I opened up the Tread on "WikiLeaks 'struck a deal with Israel over diplomatic cables leaks l" as an informational gesture, I didn't qualified it, I felt that we were at the beginning of an interesting saga!

All my blessings.

Deega

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast