+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Subconscious versus universal mind

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 times in 218 posts

Question Subconscious versus universal mind

I searched the forum for "subconscious" and the related threads didn't really shed an insight to what the subconscious actually is.

Let me explain: For instance, Hubbard defines the subconscious as reactive mind in which all perceptions are stored when the person is in a lower awareness state, f.x. an accident. Thus this subconscious stores literal things and words - not concepts.

Gerald ODonnell on the other hand defines the subconscious as something that contains only concepts and not literal things. The same idea is shared by other remote viewers like Ed Dames or Lyn Buchanan.

David Morehouse, in his Rv course uses the words global mind, the Akashic Record, the matrix, the holographic universe, the collective unconscious for that subconscious.

So - no wonder that one can get quite darn confused.

To make things even more difficult, those both "minds" or "consciousness" are found when a person goes within - but who tells whether the perceived data are from a collection of past sufferings or from a universal mind?

In hypnosis a susceptible person can be programmed to perform irrational things thereafter. On the other hand hypnosis is used to bring subconscious content to ones awareness i.e. the conscious mind.

Again - who tells which data is from where?

For uncountable years man has "believed" the most abstract things and has been convinced, it came from god or a universal deity only to find out it just was an implanted idea.

No wonder then that science (the verified conscious) has gained such popularity in the past century.

Is the subconscious rigged to be a double-edged sword which open both worlds - the perpetuation of past sufferings and the akashic records?

It looks like the perfect trap and perhaps that's why it has remained a riddle to this day.
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

fourty-two (16th May 2016), Peacerebel (24th May 2016), peterpam (16th May 2016), raregem (16th May 2016), sigma6 (20th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 times in 1,671 posts

Default Re: Subconscious versus universal mind

This is a really an interesting OP, devplan. You have given us some interesting concepts to consider regarding the subconscious. I can't help but think of Edgar Cayce, the "sleeping prophet". He went into a sort of trancelike state of which he was unaware after the fact and accessed all kinds of universal information. He was also able to visit other physical places in this state and gather information. At later times he would converse with what he thought to be Angelic beings to get prophetic types of information.

There really is a lot of confusion regarding the subconscious isn't there?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterpam For This Post:

ElfeMya (17th May 2016), Michi (16th May 2016), raregem (16th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,254 times in 813 posts

something to consider...

The “one/god” wants to experience itself in a physical form, so it divides itself into various physical forms to learn of its potentials and how they benefit/impair the “one”.

I like to imagine the body as a vessel; sought of like a car (a remote control toy car to be precise). I do not believe we (the soul/spirit/spark, whatever you call it) resides in the actual body… but controls it from another plane of existence. The brain is a receiver/antenna for relaying messages to and from the body. The body is an organic machine, (hint) it breathes, digests, circulates liquids and performs other tasks without us having to think about it/command it.
    When something damages the body, it will send a message to the brain, telling it something is wrong. You can override that same pain once you realize that the pain is only in the mind (not the body). The mind now reacts with caution to the injury…allowing the body to heal itself accordingly.

Dreaming is subconscious contemplation. Heavy thoughts, or thoughts that are heavily “focused” on will stay active in the mind during the bodies sleep cycle. This is why children are often having nightmares about cartoon characters, they are exposed to a lot of TV, video games, fairy tales and lack the maturation of this realms reality.

I haven’t had a dream in years and I know that this is due to my nightly routine of meditation before bedtime….as I have nothing else to contemplate when I do finally fall asleep. It’s unfortunate that many people see their dreams as something else other than what they were already focused on before going to sleep.

The subconscious holds our individual experiences, perhaps reincarnated ones too. The only intentions I can surmise for the theory of re-incarnation (if real) is to continue lession/s that were never finished in prior existence. Earth is our classroom, a place of preparation for the next class.

We are all wired differently for the purpose of illustrating perspectives that will make sense of the whole picture. So, imo, there is only one experience that is fragmented to look like a lot of experiences. The ego is the body’s mind, its job is to protect and serve the body while in this realm, the controller of the body has to tame the ego in order to get the full potential from the body. Those thinking that we are the body/ego will always find themselves dealing with adversity and confusion.

Life is simple, humans make it difficult because of their thinking process. Observe how other species of Earth live with extreme simplicity, without doctors, lawyers, or governments. Their divinity can be seen with ease.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

ElfeMya (17th May 2016), Elisheva (17th May 2016), Orph (16th May 2016), peterpam (16th May 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 times in 473 posts

I learned some time ago, which kind of makes sense to me, that we were once fully conscious, a full waking consciousness without a need to even sleep. I am speaking about beginning civilizations. When the DNA strand was dickered with close to 10,000 BC in Atlantis, the Draconians and other aliens did something to the 12 strand DNA, either knowing how to shut it off, shut it down or who knows. The result was that we are now left with 2 strands. Before when 12 strands were active, we could accomplish feats that now would look like magic. Think of the civilizations of Pan and Lemuria where they could levitate and fly at will. Part of the other distortion that was created was that the aliens had a technology to enslave us in another way, by separating the consciousness into the division of superconscious, conscious and subsconscious. Earlier civilizations had no need to sleep because they utilized their full consciousness. We, need to sleep and let the subconscious allow us the rest needed. We also need the superconscious of which how many on the planet utilize? That is our connection to our Source. If all this is true, it may help us understand why we have all the egomaniacal mental illness distortions, miasms, fears, addictive behaviors, insomnia etc etc. ( which could have been the aliens intent) instead of seeing the whole and dealing with it.
    Last edited by bettye198; 16th May 2016 at 21:14.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

ElfeMya (17th May 2016), Elisheva (17th May 2016), Michi (17th May 2016), Orph (17th May 2016), peterpam (16th May 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 377 posts

The Subconscious mind, is the Universal mind. They are connected, the Universal Mind is everything in existence. You are everything in existence, you are reflected back at yourself. The Subconscious mind is more worldly while the universal mind knows no world, no boundaries , nothing that has a limit placed upon itself. It is you, you are it. Once you are aware it opens up to itself!

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 times in 1,671 posts

Quote Posted by Jayren (here)
    The Subconscious mind, is the Universal mind. They are connected, the Universal Mind is everything in existence. You are everything in existence, you are reflected back at yourself. The Subconscious mind is more worldly while the universal mind knows no world, no boundaries , nothing that has a limit placed upon itself. It is you, you are it. Once you are aware it opens up to itself!

Beautifully stated, Jayren!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to peterpam For This Post:

fourty-two (17th May 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 times in 218 posts

Thanks for your insights!

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Part of the other distortion that was created was that the aliens had a technology to enslave us in another way, by separating the consciousness into the division of superconscious, conscious and subsconscious.
    What makes you sure that the consciousness is split into superconscious and subsconscious?
    Could it be, that those were just superimposed?
    How would you define superconscious and how would one know how to address either?

This would make it quite simple indeed! Would be one's past traumas plus everybody's trauma be in this Universal Mind too?
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

Jayren (24th May 2016), peterpam (18th May 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,031 times in 1,682 posts

I'd like to suggest that each of us experiences certain things subconsciously. In other words, that it's an adverb and not a noun. What I experience subconsciously you may experience consciously, and vice-versa.

There are also many things, though, that most people all experience subconsciously. One interesting example is how each individual thinks they have inner unity as an individual, because that's the "glue" that makes them an individual (or so they imagine!). But at the same time, most individuals take the universe's existence for granted. They do subconsciously vaguely know that the universe is held together by unity, but they don't consciously experience the universe as having that oneness -- not unless they develop their consciousness, through spiritual practices etc (or maybe even through great suffering, or else through being loved intensely enough and long enough).
    Last edited by TraineeHuman; 18th May 2016 at 14:52.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Eram (18th May 2016), peterpam (18th May 2016)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,629 times in 2,893 posts

ah... welcome to the real world of "psychology" (more like Alice in Wonderland...) You are right "subconscious" is more a theoretical concept than a clearly defined and labeled "known thing" Although there is a real thing called "subconscious", what it is exactly is not 100% clear. Most models are derived based on "black box" speculation... i.e. doing things, throwing a monkey wrench into the system... and seeing what happens. As a result explanations for what is happening 'inside' have always been largely deductive, and conjectural. Another property of subconscious is that it is more a continuum then two completely separate states... things can be just below the level of your subconscious awareness... and they can be brought into your conscious awareness... how far can one move that "line"? (pretty far I imagine...) So many analogies of how it works, I gave up a long time ago (trying to contain it...) Mind you, all this may be a good thing... there are apparently no limits to our consciousness... that may be the greatest discovery of all.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Hi All, Hers is my view.

I am a clinical hypnotherapist and Resource therapist. I speak to the subconscious with every client and it is a real entity, in fact the subconscious is not a homogeneous whole (some call it the ego) but split into many parts or states (in resource therapy these parts or states are called our resource). We are each made up of a number of different states; each has its own feeling of power, weakness, emotion, logic, or other personal traits. When we say, "A part of me wants to," we are talking about an resource state. When we are currently experiencing life from a Resource State that Resource State is said to be Conscious.

When one Resource State is Conscious some other Resource States may be observing. This is common with surface Resource States. This indicates that the synaptic connections between the Resource States are strong. When a Resource State is Conscious underlying, non-observing, Resource States make up the Subconscious. These states do not share a strong synaptic connection with the Conscious state.

We spend 90% of our waking day subconscious, when we are conscious its a subconscious part or state coming to the front. Its my contention that to raise your conscious level you need to be more subconsciously aware.

If you want to explore your subconscious go to a good Hypnotherapist and ask them to help you explore your inner self (if you can find a Resource Therapist ask them to help you map your resources, its a wonderful experience) - you will be amazed at what you will learn. If you want to know more just ask me.

Cheers,

Paul

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wockey For This Post:

seah (24th May 2016)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 377 posts

Quote Posted by devplan (here)
    Thanks for your insights!

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    Part of the other distortion that was created was that the aliens had a technology to enslave us in another way, by separating the consciousness into the division of superconscious, conscious and subsconscious.
    What makes you sure that the consciousness is split into superconscious and subsconscious?
    Could it be, that those were just superimposed?
    How would you define superconscious and how would one know how to address either?

This would make it quite simple indeed! Would be one's past traumas plus everybody's trauma be in this Universal Mind too?
    Yes forever they are kept, but only when they come to you through your mind.

+ Reply to Thread