+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Architecture on Mars with Human settlement.

1. Link to Post #21
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Default Re: Architecture on Mars with Human settlement.

Somewhat off-topic, but here are three shots of what appears to be plant-life, apparently on Mars. I picked the stills out of a YT video HERE. Commentary suggests that they were taken by NASA in April of 2008.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 3.03.58 PM.png
Views:	85
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	33534
    Zoomed out.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 3.05.12 PM.png
Views:	75
Size:	655.1 KB
ID:	33535
    Zoomed in a tad.

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 3.05.35 PM.png
Views:	79
Size:	599.7 KB
ID:	33536
    That's close enough.

Comments were disabled, so this was a bit of a dead end. Could be bunk for all I know! Please make of it what you will.

Thanks,

Tony.

2. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Reminds me of an old 'Seashells on Mars' suggestion by someone called Charles Shults III. Old links to this stuff around the internet aren't working but I found a mention to it on a video.

The mention starts 19m 55s into the video. Here is a link to the video starting then.

Here is the whole video

I personally entertain the idea that Earthy things that have been photographed by Mars rovers may well be photographs of things on Earth.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (29th May 2016), M-Albion-3D (29th May 2016)

4. Link to Post #23
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    I personally entertain the idea that Earthy things that have been photographed by Mars rovers may well be photographs of things on Earth.
    NoNoNo YoYoYo

I believe that we must consider the possibility that Mars once teemed with life as Earth does now. Although their is much information that NASA may withhold, there is more than enough in the public domain to draw this conclusion. That, at the very least, there exist fossil remains, and at the most, remains of a full blown civilization, lie well within the realms of possibility.

Although the planet lies at the edge of the "Goldilocks Zone", it may have been the "go to" planet back in it's heyday, as life on Earth was thought to be only just taking hold.

It's all good food for thought.

Quote Posted by transiten (here)
    I agree with you that we are not alone and I believe there are artifacts on Mars but the analogy that we are going to "terraform" Mars in the same way they did with Earth coming here, presupposes there were no humans on Earth and that it was barren like Mars as they arrived here?
    G'day transiten,

Your reasoning is totally sound, but a word on "terraforming".

I first encountered the term in a Star Trek movie, where the Genesis effect was used to fast track the transforming of lifeless planets into habitable ones. Sounds inviting, but I believe that science fiction movies is where the concept belongs. The most that could be done to hasten a planet's evolution would be to plant a seed of life in favourable conditions, and then keeps your mits off for an awfully long time. We have a sufficiently well developed concept of the utter dependence of higher forms of life on lower forms of life to consider that this tremendously complex web will only develop naturally.

Your thoughts may well concur with mine: I don't know.

Tony.

5. Link to Post #24
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,192 times in 4,071 posts

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)
    NoNoNo YoYoYo

I believe that we must consider the possibility that Mars once teemed with life as Earth does now. Although their is much information that NASA may withhold, there is more than enough in the public domain to draw this conclusion. That, at the very least, there exist fossil remains, and at the most, remains of a full blown civilization, lie well within the realms of possibility.
    I do consider that. The idea I'm entertaining doesn't conflict with the ideas on this thread. I'm sceptical about the photos from the Mars rovers ONLY, since I looked twice at the 2nd picture of the rodent spot. My conclusion on that (so far) is there are pictures of Earth mixed in with so called pictures of Mars. But this doesn't take away from the possibilities talk about here Thank you for the chance to clarify

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (29th May 2016), M-Albion-3D (30th May 2016)

7. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Heyoka_11 (here)
    NoNoNo YoYoYo

I do consider that. The idea I'm entertaining doesn't conflict with the ideas on this thread. I'm skeptical about the photos from the Mars rovers ONLY, since I looked twice at the 2nd picture of the rodent spot. My conclusion on that (so far) is there are pictures of Earth mixed in with so called pictures of Mars. But this doesn't take away from the possibilities talk about here Thank you for the chance to clarify
    Yes, I do agree re. the Rovers. The images are scanned implicitly before releasing to the public even then, most are relatively low resolution inhibiting high magnification analysis - most annoying if you ask me.

The MRO images on the other hand are an entirely different matter. Due to the expanse of real estate in each snap, they often miss anomalies buried in the folds of the topography. NASA's choice of derailment in most cases, is to use a motion blur which creates a pixel radius and is irreversible to my knowledge.

However, in saying that, one does get use to the blur and after a while your eyes begin to see through the "haze" as it were and especially in 3D you can start to make out details of alien design which appear to be numerous and quite wide spread. After spending so much time "in close quarter", I'm quite sure now that a relatively large civilization possibly several sprawl across the Melas Plains directly south of Hebes Chasma. Sounds wild to say this I know, but it looks to me that presence of life there now is modern and up to date just by the contemporary characters depicted in some off their artwork.

The key to "seeing" is to nail the scale of the surface features down in your minds eye. In the MRO images, the resolution at 1X1 binning runs around 30cm per pixel. So, if they haven't blurred the image too much, it's amazing just how much of the tiny but detailed infrastructure that can be picked out. Takes practice though.
    Last edited by M-Albion-3D; 30th May 2016 at 06:50.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

Heyoka_11 (30th May 2016), Matthew (30th May 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2