+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fox Confirms New Season of The X-Files

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 times in 356 posts

Default Fox Confirms New Season of The X-Files

http://epicstream.com/news/Fox-Confi...of-The-X-Files

It’s official! Fox and Chris Carter are going to make another season of The X-Files.

The studio made the announcement during a recent press call. According to Fox TV Group chairpersons Dana Walden and Gary Newman (via Deadline), all the cast and crew of from previous episodes are up for another installment of the hit show.

They stated:

We have had conversations with (creator) Chris Carter and (stars) David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show.

As of this writing, the people involved in the last season are busy working on their own projects, but Walden says she’s hoping for the best that an announcement will be made by next year.

Walden stated:

Hopefully this season we will be able to get it done and that the same time next year (May), we will have something to announce.

Meanwhile, Newman revealed that the studio is currently discussing plans about the order of the upcoming episodes with Carter, Duchovny, and Anderson. He explained:

Conversations are ongoing. I can tell you that all of them would like to do more of these, and certainly the network and studio want to do more.

This news isn’t really surprising considering fans’ positive reception of the last season. This is certainly good news. More than anything, we’d like to see Agents Mulder and Scully back on the big screen. The timeline looks reasonable as well. Since the next official announcement for the new season won’t be until next year, it appears that the studio and the show’s main cast and crew are biding their time. You can’t really rush quality storylines and fortunately, we can expect nothing less of Carter, Duchovny, and Anderson.

The next X-Files season is expected to be released around 2017 to 2018

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to regnak For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2016), Cidersomerset (19th May 2016), DNA (19th May 2016), Gaia (19th May 2016), ghostrider (20th May 2016), Heyoka_11 (19th May 2016), Inversion (19th May 2016), Mark (19th May 2016), Tommy (19th May 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,740 times in 4,314 posts

Default Re: Fox Confirms New Season of The X-Files

I know that last episode, season 10 episode 6 pretty much blew me the 'F away.
    Spoiler Alert-------------------------------

In that last episode we see that the human race as a whole has been infected with a disease that attacks the human immune system through the elite inserting a pathogen into immunization shots. The Smoking Man explains this has been done because the population of the world is about to render the earth unlivable and if something isn't done soon, everyone is going to die anyway.
    So the elite have a short list of folks who have been immunized against the pathogen which will render the human immune system no longer capable of fighting anything off.

I think Chris Carter is hitting pretty close to home. And the truth for that matter.
    Last edited by DNA; 19th May 2016 at 20:02.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2016), Heyoka_11 (19th May 2016), Inversion (9th August 2016), KiwiElf (19th May 2016), PurpleLama (19th May 2016), regnak (19th May 2016), Tommy (19th May 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I know that last episode, season 10 episode 6 pretty much blew me the 'F away.
    I almost choked on my potato chips!

I think that we all expected that episode to be the last, and to leave Mulder still kickin' was, for me, a total bummer. Still, Carter certainly set the stage for yet further sequels, which is a goody.

That is, as long as, we get to see them, before, the script, is played out, in reality

Now, back to my morning cuppa tea

Tony.

6. Link to Post #4
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,514 times in 4,312 posts

Good news this, I enjoyed the recent 'mini-series' - having only those 6 episodes was a bit of a letdown for me though. Let's see a proper 24ish episode season like it damn well should be!

It seems to me, that for whatever reason, American TV series are getting shorter and shorter with every year. Even the recent comeback of '24' didn't have the requisite 24 episodes!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Inversion (9th August 2016)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's the clip from the new season that turned head's -

Click here to run video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--...ew?usp=sharing

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M-Albion-3D For This Post:

DNA (20th May 2016), Heyoka_11 (20th May 2016), Inversion (9th August 2016), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2016), Spellbound (28th May 2016)

10. Link to Post #6
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,514 times in 4,312 posts

Thanks for that above clip! I'd been searching for that. I haven't looked for a while, but I did for a few weeks after this episode aired, and of the many many clips of the new X-Files series going round on the net, I failed to find this important 1 minute scene, even on Youtube.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

M-Albion-3D (21st May 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

I wonder if they will have any references to the ufo files released by the governments of the worlds.
    Attached Files
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

+ Reply to Thread