+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Islamophobia: Why Are So Many, So Frightened

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,886 times in 720 posts

Default Islamophobia: Why Are So Many, So Frightened

Divide and conquer: Control by fear- and self-hatred -based projections...

Islamophobia: Why Are So Many, So Frightened

by Robert J. Burrowes
    June 2, 2016
    Counterpunch.org

Islamophobia has become a significant factor driving politics in many western countries.

Islamophobia – fear of Muslims – is now highly visible among European populations concerned about terrorist responses from Islamic groups claiming Jihadi links. However, it is also evident among those same populations in relation to the refugee flow from the Middle East. In addition, Islamophobia is highly evident among sectors of the US population during the presidential race. It is a significant issue in Australia. Outside the West, even the (Muslim) Rohingya in Burma are feared by Buddhist monks and others.

Given that this widespread western fear of Muslims was not the case prior to the US-instigated ‘War on Terror’, do Muslims around the world now pose a greater threat to western interests than previously? Or is something else going on here?

In short, why are so many westerners (and others) now frightened of Muslims? Let me start at the beginning.

Human socialization is essentially a process of terrorizing children into ‘thinking’ and doing what the adults around them want (irrespective of the functionality of this thought and behavior in evolutionary terms). Hence, the attitudes, beliefs, values and behaviors that most humans exhibit are driven by fear and the self-hatred that accompanies this fear. For a comprehensive explanation of this point, see ‘Why Violence?’ and ‘Fearless Psychology and Fearful Psychology: Principles and Practice‘.

However, because this fear and self-hatred are so unpleasant to feel consciously, most people suppress these feelings below conscious awareness and then (unconsciously) project them onto ‘legitimized’ victims (that is, those people ‘approved’ for victimization by their parents and/or society generally). In short: the fear and self-hatred are projected as fear of, and hatred for, particular social groups (whether people of another gender, nation, race, religion or class).

This all happens because virtually all adults are (unconsciously) terrified and self-hating, so they unconsciously terrorize children into accepting the attitudes, beliefs, values and behaviors that make the adults feel safe. A child who thinks and acts differently is frightening and is not allowed to flourish.

Once the child has been so terrorized however, they will respond to their fear and self-hatred with diminishing adult stimulus. What is important, emotionally speaking, is that the fear and self-hatred have an outlet so that they can be released and acted upon. And because parents do not allow their child to feel and express their fear and hatred in relation to the parents themselves (who, fundamentally, just want obedience without comprehending that obedience is rooted in fear and generates enormous self-hatred because it denies the individual’s Self-will), the child is left with no alternative but to project their fear and hatred in socially approved directions.

Hence, as an adult, their own fear and self-hatred are unconscious to the individual precisely because they were never allowed to feel and express them safely as a child. What they do feel, consciously, is their hatred for ‘legitimized’ victims.

Historically, different social groups in different cultural contexts have been the victim of this projected but ‘socially approved’ fear and hatred. Women, indigenous peoples, Catholics, Afro-Americans, Jews, communists, Palestinians…. The list goes on. The predominant group in this category, of course, is children (whose ‘uncontrollability’ frightens virtually all parents until they are successfully terrorized and tamed).

The groups that are socially approved to be feared and hated are determined by elites. This is because individual members of the elite are themselves terrified and full of self-hatred and they use the various powerful instruments at their disposal – ranging from control of politicians to the corporate media – to trigger the fear and self-hatred of the population at large in order to focus this fear and hatred on what frightens the elite. This makes it easier for the elite to then attack the group that they are projecting frightens them.

For now, of course, Muslims are the primary target for this projected fear and self-hatred, which accounts for the US-led western war on the Middle East. Islamophobia thus allows elites and others to project their fear and self-hatred onto Muslims so that elites can then seek to destroy this fear and self-hatred. Obviously, this cannot work. You cannot destroy fear, whether yours or that of anyone else. However, you can cause phenomenal damage to those onto whom your fear and self-hatred are projected. Of course, there is nothing intelligent about this process. If every Muslim in the world was killed, elites would simply then project their fear and self-hatred onto other groups and set out to destroy those groups too.

In fact, as western elites now demonize Russia and encircle it with nuclear weapons and ABM defense systems, we simply witness another example of these elites projecting their fear and self-hatred.

If you are starting to wonder about the sanity of this, you can rest assured there is none. Elites are insane. If you want to read a fuller explanation of this point, see ‘The Global Elite is Insane‘.

So is there anything we can do? Fundamentally, we need to stop terrorizing our children. As a back up, we can provide safe spaces for children and adults alike to feel their fear and self-hatred consciously (which will allow them to be safely released). By doing this, we can avoid creating more insane individuals who will project their fear and self-hatred in elite-approved directions.

In addition, if you are fearless enough to recognize that elites are manipulating you into fearing Muslims and others whom we do not need to fear, now would be a good time to speak up and to demonstrate your solidarity. You might also like to sign the online pledge of ‘The People’s Charter to Create a Nonviolent World‘.

Suppressed fear and self-hatred must be projected and they are usually projected in socially approved ways (although mental illnesses and some forms of criminal activity are ways in which this suppressed fear manifests that are not socially approved).

In essence, Islamophobia is a manifestation of the mental illness of elites manipulating us into doing their insane bidding. Unfortunately, many people are easy victims of this manipulation.

Source

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

Atlas (3rd June 2016), Baby Steps (3rd June 2016), Bill Ryan (2nd June 2016), binemaya (2nd June 2016), ByTheNorthernSea (3rd June 2016), Chip (2nd June 2016), Cidersomerset (4th June 2016), Ellisa (4th June 2016), Ernie Nemeth (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2016), ghostrider (2nd June 2016), gnostic9 (2nd June 2016), happyuk (3rd June 2016), jenny wren (3rd June 2016), jjjones (3rd June 2016), johnf (2nd June 2016), justntime2learn (3rd June 2016), NeedleThreader (2nd June 2016), seko (3rd June 2016), shaberon (2nd June 2016), Star Tsar (3rd June 2016), Wind (2nd June 2016), Zampano (2nd June 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,514 times in 6,824 posts

Default Re: Islamophobia: Why Are So Many, So Frightened

The boogeyman was created for a reason.

Though I'm not saying that real genuine (not the CIA funded & operated) extremism doesn't exist nor that religions would automatically be good for societies.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Atlas (4th June 2016), binemaya (2nd June 2016), conk (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2016), gnostic9 (2nd June 2016), johnf (2nd June 2016), NeedleThreader (2nd June 2016), Sophocles (2nd June 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 times in 155 posts

9/11 was staged and was the driving force behind the initial beginnings of what is now extreme islamophobia. This is all a part of a well orchestrated, global terror plan that we currently see progressing with ISIS, (a CIA funded, american created militant group) that created the refugee crisis, that is raising global tensions VERY QUICKLY I might add, creating border wars, the crappiest, craziest election to date in the US, and everybody trying to piss Russia off.....

I am putting most of my energy these days into raising the awareness and vibration of our collective unconscious to a point that follows the 100th monkey effect and we simultaneously wake up to what we are doing and STOP. After much back and forth in my head, I feel this is the only hope for humanity....."the only way out is through"......I believe the benevolent ETs up there are waiting to see if this will happen. If we are an experiment, this is probably the basis of it. They will help in small ways but I doubt they are going to come down and slap some sense into us without a shift in consciousness on our part....

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Atlas (2nd June 2016), Baby Steps (3rd June 2016), bettye198 (7th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2016), gnostic9 (2nd June 2016), johnf (2nd June 2016), Michi (2nd June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016), Wind (2nd June 2016), wondering (2nd June 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,356 times in 2,953 posts

Having worked for a Muslim Dr. for about 10 years in FL I learned quite a bit as I had known nothing about it before then. Even though this woman was a highly intelligent OBGYN she still had to be "subject" to her husband & called me one time after he had beaten her. They follow the rules of their faith as faithfully as any narrow minded religious belief system. It's all about "control", right?! I do know they "take over" from the inside as far as governments go, & it is very easy to do in our "free" countries. I've been watching England to see what happens there. I, myself, was in a narrow minded belief system so I can relate! I would say the system I came out of was just as constricting. Who was it that said, "All religions are about control"? I'm not preaching hate here; just talking about the reality of daily living & how our belief systems affect it.

8. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), Atlas (2nd June 2016), Baby Steps (3rd June 2016), Basho (3rd June 2016), bettye198 (7th June 2016), ByTheNorthernSea (3rd June 2016), Chip (8th June 2016), conk (3rd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), genevieve (3rd June 2016), GloriousPoetry (7th June 2016), gnostic9 (2nd June 2016), johnf (2nd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Knowrainknowrainbows! (7th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), NancyV (8th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016), Wind (3rd June 2016), wondering (2nd June 2016), Wookie (3rd June 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,291 times in 1,107 posts

Very interesting essay. The present geopolitical picture looks truly bizarre to those who can see what is behind a wide range of viewpoints.
    Minorities at both ends of the spectrum have been able to sway the majority.

Getting rid of fear is fear based. What we have inside of us is the ability to abide with everything that arises within the canvas of what is. From there, there is freedom to act in a way that allows others to do the same, and the new environment will encourage more sane behavior.

Life exists in the middle, sanity is a blank neutral canvas where things can be viewed exactly as they are. From here, the past and all it's ideas, and conditioning relaxes and reforms.

John
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

Atlas (2nd June 2016), Baby Steps (3rd June 2016), Ellisa (4th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2016), gnostic9 (2nd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,592 times in 6,628 posts

In short, people are afraid of muslims because they are the only religion that will cut off your head or blow themselves up in a crowd if you don't follow their guidelines. .. simple. ..
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), Argos (3rd June 2016), bluekungfoo (3rd June 2016), bluestflame (3rd June 2016), conk (3rd June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Ernie Nemeth (3rd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2016), genevieve (3rd June 2016), I Sit In Silence (3rd June 2016), Jhonie (2nd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), NancyV (8th June 2016), ryanfraser (3rd June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016), WildOrchid (2nd June 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,965 times in 1,298 posts

Fear is a highly contagious disease, which, as mentioned, gets passed down the generations. This is worse than worthless. Show fear to a strange dog, for example, it becomes more aggressive, while your muscles and reflexes fall apart. So if you're going to pass neurosis around to everyone you know, it is easy to tamper with the triggers of it.

While the Rohyinga are also afraid of the Burmese, I'd estimate that a lot of Muslims have learned how to conquer their fear. Whoever said you cannot remove fear is out of touch. Maybe not 100% at gunpoint, but for daily life, it can be done.

People are afraid of them, giving them a huge advantage, and then are afraid of being a "racist" by rebuffing them in any way. Look at how many converts they gain. They have intended to convert or conquer the world for a long time; not necessarily all of them, but a lot. It certainly helps for the British to have coined Wahhabism a few hundred years ago, since the religious clash of the Crusades had faded away. This very thing seems to underlie all Abrahamic religions.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Atlas (2nd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 times in 341 posts

This article is not balanced. It was the good faith of Europeans that welcomed Muslim refugees into their countries. They offered food, money, shelter. This was not a racist nor phobic mentality.

Muslims (young men predominantly) bought crime, violence and rape to their host societies.
    This is how fears are born.
    This is how phobias develop.
    The interpretation of Islam can promote love and compassion but, it can also promote misogyny, violence, and hatred for "infidels'.
    I cannot imagine those of Muslim faith welcoming Europeans into their countries if the proverbial tables were turned.

It is important to note that "white" people can also be disenfranchised and persecuted.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lunaflare For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), ByTheNorthernSea (3rd June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), NancyV (8th June 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ozmirage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 times in 340 posts

It's not a phobia when they really are trying to kill you.
    = = =
    Muslim Blooper Reel
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f8a_1431048756

Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
    Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
    Both are “acceptable” to Islam.
    But are both acceptable to civilized nations?

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.
    "The Smith Act"
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

If the law was enforced, it would effectively ban Islam, close all Mosques, deport or prosecute Muslims, and prosecute or impeach sympathizers.

This video on Political Islam is very disturbing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

Only those who do not know what Islam means, trust Muslims. Their prophet, a pedophile, rapist, murderer, slaver, warlord, is their "ideal." Their own scriptures teach them to lie to everyone else, and seek dominion over all peoples and lands.
    Last edited by ozmirage; 3rd June 2016 at 00:19.
    The secret of life is that there is no secret of life.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ozmirage For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), genevieve (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016), NancyV (8th June 2016), rgray222 (4th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    Morocco Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ozmirage (here)

= = =
    Only those who do not know what Islam means, trust Muslims. Their prophet, a pedophile, rapist, murderer, slaver, warlord, is their "ideal." Their own scriptures teach them to lie to everyone else, and seek dominion over all peoples and lands.
    I say this part jokingly but I feel the same way about Christians too

I was raised catholic/Jehovah's witness etc, so I might have a deeply ingrained bias. Please don't crucify me for my point of view. No hate, just love
    ISness is my business..

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basho For This Post:

Atlas (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,044 times in 10,211 posts

When the western world set out to wipe out the middle east, and embroil it in wars and death...and the people at their respective home countries failed to recognize the severity of the acts done in their name..and then these same people were programmed with togetherness to create the idea of the EU.....and effectively set up to take on a large group of radicalized Muslim male youth..and this is to be used to drive the EU into pieces (US plan) or to unite it under one single common caused banner.... by the German Imperial/corporate faction, who want to unite with Russia and the USA doing everything in their power to prevent it...Germany..who radicalized the youth in the first place (to counter the US/British in the area) by weaponizing Arabia and starting the wahhabism/house of saud ----starting in 1900..well...this is what you end up with.

You've been played. You've been gamed.

The middle east is the victim, the European continent is the victim, and the US youth and overall country and destroyed resource (USA is spent, and controlled by their bankers and fascist/oligarch factions)...that was sent into destroy them in the first place.... is the victim.

You've all been played.

There's more to it than that, though, but research this and you will find the kernel, or some of the core direction of it in this post --- and expand it from there.

There are all kinds of groups at play here, over a very long period of time....and you are part of the chessboard and the grist in the mill, the fodder in the streets, ripe for plucking and eating, manipulating....whatever the case may be.
    Last edited by Carmody; 3rd June 2016 at 01:04.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Atlas (3rd June 2016), Baby Steps (3rd June 2016), bluestflame (3rd June 2016), Chip (8th June 2016), conk (3rd June 2016), Ernie Nemeth (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Mitm (3rd June 2016), seko (3rd June 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,307 times in 279 posts

Well, I'm not Islamophobic.

In fact, I was seeing a new Muslim immigrant for a while. Really good, decent, God-fearing guy. Most that I've met are very decent. And also very smart, business-wise.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Mitm (3rd June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

25. Link to Post #13
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I myself identify as Muslim, though not fully practicing, I will be fasting in Ramadan in a couple of days though... I am more spiritual than I am religious now.. Anyway some so called islamic practices that are totally non-quranic, the big number one, and the one that has been turned into a political statement, is the veil, what is called the hijab, even though it is not called that in the quran.. So many muslim women out there, obey this stupid rule to "cover your hair" as if it matters, the actual rule in the quran is dress modestly... thats it.. As for any of the other crazy so called muslim practices, none of them are actually based in the quran. For killing the non believers (it only applies in times of war and opression), there is no cutting hands, apostacy, suicide bombing, or any the things that so called "muslims" believe in or commit in the actual quran... Infact one of the sayings of the prophet goes beyond the golden rule "None of you has faith, until he desires for his neighbour, what he desires for himself". All in all, we only have ourselves to blame, for following the dictates of the so-called scholars, even in the mainstream... There is new thinking out there, but it has not yet reached the majority, but God willing it will.....
    Last edited by Mitm; 3rd June 2016 at 03:26.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mitm For This Post:

Atlas (3rd June 2016), Carmody (3rd June 2016), Ernie Nemeth (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), hohoemi (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), skyflower (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016), Wind (3rd June 2016)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member bluekungfoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Having worked for a Muslim Dr. for about 10 years in FL I learned quite a bit as I had known nothing about it before then. Even though this woman was a highly intelligent OBGYN she still had to be "subject" to her husband & called me one time after he had beaten her. They follow the rules of their faith as faithfully as any narrow minded religious belief system. It's all about "control", right?! I do know they "take over" from the inside as far as governments go, & it is very easy to do in our "free" countries. I've been watching England to see what happens there. I, myself, was in a narrow minded belief system so I can relate! I would say the system I came out of was just as constricting. Who was it that said, "All religions are about control"? I'm not preaching hate here; just talking about the reality of daily living & how our belief systems affect it.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opini...ticle30224220/

This one Muslim man who is now in a small seat of power in London,

He may be a symbol of hope for some, or he could be proof of what you stated Foxie which others have, that Muslims can slowly take control by infiltrating free elections in free countries. I look at it as the Glass is half full or empty scenario.

As to the topic it self, I absolutely hate the phobic labels, so basically in the PC world if I choose not to associate with homosexuals ( as an example ) some in the hardcore pc world or what ever mess it is , could label me as homophobic.

For me it comes down to ignorance , bigotry, and flaming the fires of hate. The problem I see though is how as a society are we to not be on guard against Islamic Terrorists, when Islamic Terrorists are.... Muslim. Show me an ISIS or Al qiedacantspellit terrorist that is not muslim and just a nut job, and will take what I said back. Things have to boil down to common sense, we keep treating people with respect and kindness and at the same time stay aware of what is going on in the world. Stay on guard as best as possible and the is the best anyone can really do outside of being in law enforcement and creating laws.

As to sharia law, and being able to enforce that any where else in the free world were a standard of laws has been established well before a muslim community was established, I call bupkiss too. If muslims want to live by sharia law, fine, just go move to some where in the middle east that accepts it as the law of the land, but don't expect a rational society to bend over backwards just because a few P.C kissers want to cave in. I hate it when tolerance is a one way street, accept what the LGBT and Muslims do, but they do not have to accept anything else everyone else does, because well because you just don't understand that is why, and persecution and rhetoric and everything is unfair because no one else understands.

But if the entire Islamic Religion wants to be accepted by everyone as a peaceful religion, they have a problem, because even though they may be trying to stop the stigma and fear that Islamic Terrorists bring. Those who are in positions of power in the Muslim community, are not doing enough to fight Islamic Terrorists in the Middle East and abroad. Those who are Muslim and love their religion, should be fighting just as hard if not harder against those who give their religion a bad name and are bastardizing the religion and spreading stone age religious laws.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluekungfoo For This Post:

delfine (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), lunaflare (3rd June 2016), NancyV (8th June 2016)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,167 times in 3,387 posts

There is a line that good people know to never cross. And they never do. They can be Buddhist, Hindu, Christian, Jewish, Agnostic, Mormon, Muslim or belong to no organized sect. Good people don't murder, rape, dominate, imprison, enslave or ______(fill in your own blank).

Imagine having to flee Canada or the U.S.A and having to find haven in Mexico or further south. Actually, that is probably a bad example because I think hospitality is still alive and well in those areas. I might be wrong. It would be uncomfortable and humiliating and extremely humbling. Now imagine celebrating in the host country and deciding to rape a few villagers to show your appreciation. Or strap a bomb to yourself and blow up a couple of dozen locals to gain attention for your cause. No. Good people never cross that line.

The vast majority of refugees and immigrants would also never cross that line.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Atlas (3rd June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Ellisa (4th June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), kirolak (4th June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

31. Link to Post #16
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,127 times in 3,214 posts

It's not a phobia [...]
    If it were one, it would be a long-lasting one:
    "[...] For, as the most of you have heard, the Turks and Arabs have attacked them and have conquered the territory of Romania as far west as the shore of the Mediterranean and the Hellespont, which is called the Arm of St. George. They have occupied more and more of the lands of those Christians, and have overcome them in seven battles. [...] I, or rather the Lord, beseech you as Christ's heralds to [...] destroy that vile race from the lands of our friends. [...] Moreover, Christ commands it.

All who die by the way, whether by land or by sea, or in battle against the pagans, shall have immediate remission of sins. This I grant them through the power of God with which I am invested. O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ! With what reproaches will the Lord overwhelm us if you do not aid those who, with us, profess the Christian religion! Let those who have been accustomed unjustly to wage private warfare against the faithful now go against the infidels and end with victory this war which should have been begun long ago. [...]"
    Pope Urban II - Speech at Council of Clermont, 1095, Five versions of the Speech.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), Sophocles (3rd June 2016)

33. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

are we allowed to talk about drug use in this forum? cause we should give all these people acid. like it was the body of christ ha

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,333 times in 1,226 posts

Ayaan Hirsi Ali on the conflict between western civilization and Islam.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 161803398 For This Post:

Atlas (4th June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Fellow Aspirant (3rd June 2016)

36. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member ozmirage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 times in 340 posts

Quote Posted by Basho (here)

= = =
    I say this part jokingly but I feel the same way about Christians too

I was raised catholic/Jehovah's witness etc, so I might have a deeply ingrained bias. Please don't crucify me for my point of view. No hate, just love
    It may be a coincidence, but the rise in violent behavior in Christianity appears to be a reaction to the aggressive attacks by Islam for over 1400 years.

POLITICAL ISLAM
    Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
    Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
    • Christians : 60 million
    • Buddhists : 10 million
    • Hindus : 80 million
    • Africans : 120 million
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Total : 270 million
    Source : www.politicalislam.com
    (Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)
    The secret of life is that there is no secret of life.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozmirage For This Post:

Althena (3rd June 2016), delfine (3rd June 2016), Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016), LivioRazlo (4th June 2016)

38. Link to Post #20
    Denmark Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 times in 278 posts

It has been said that islamophobia is an oxymoron, because there is every reason to fear islam:

Last edited by delfine; 3rd June 2016 at 13:26.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to delfine For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast