+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 11 15 LastLast

Thread: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

1. Link to Post #201
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: Is our Universe a Computer Simulation?

Quote Posted by triquetra (here)
    Again, to this I would say, have we not seen evidence that both might be simultaneously true? Can a reality, be it virtual or real, be so intricate that it actually "crossfades" between objectivist and subjectivist modes depending on cetain factors?

It seems impossible at first, but it is worth imagining, if only as an exercise, how it might be true. What is the mechanism that causes reality to "invert itself inside out" so to speak? Does such a thing seem not dissimilar to things we know have a similar capability, if only symbolically, like a moebius strip or a kleine bottle?

In the deepest of meditations, or the furthest reaches that can be explored while remote viewing, the vastness of meta-reality really opens up, and we begin to doubt any of the more limited models applied to it, particularly those based on opposites or dualities. If reality is what we can perceive in a prolonged moment of contemplation, then meta-reality is always the superset of that reality from where it was created. When it becomes evident that this relationship extends itself again and again along the 5th dimension, it becomes clear that meta-reality can be all sorts of things all at the same time.
    Yes, it is worth imagining.

Has anyone here read any books by Mike Hockney? I don't know who he is, but he has written a lot of books on Illuminism. I started reading excerpts from his God Series during the summer. He talks about how in Illumination there is only one single reality, yet it manifests in two ways: physical and mental. The two aspects are linked to each other and interact with each other as part of the single reality. But he also says, "The physical world is the start of the journey, the mental is the end."

He writes: "The physical aspect of the universe provides the platform for the mental aspect to express itself as fully as possible. ... The ultimate manifestation of the mental universe is the supreme consciousness: God. The universe is going on an extraordinary journey from an apparently blind, mechanical, unconscious physical nature to completely purposeful, intelligent self-awareness. The law of becoming dictates that the physical aspect of reality gradually surrenders to the mental."

We might imagine how this is possible along with how the inversion of what he says is possible.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2017), Rich (5th October 2017), triquetra (9th October 2017)

3. Link to Post #202
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

When trying to figure things out, I always throw in....."How do the ET's fit into the picture?" It seems we have thought TOO long that we are the "epitomy" of Creation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2017), Noelle (5th October 2017)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    When trying to figure things out, I always throw in....."How do the ET's fit into the picture?" It seems we have thought TOO long that we are the "epitomy" of Creation.
    I also keep that top of mind too, Foxie Loxie. Many of the simulated reality discussions do include the ETs. One possibility that comes up in some is that the ETs are the simulators, perhaps with the ability to monitor and interact with those within the simulation.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (6th October 2017)

7. Link to Post #204
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,664 times in 4,334 posts

I prefer the word manifestation to simulation. It seems to fit better for me, because I see everything as being vibrations of energy, many different types of energy fluctuating and manifesting in many different ways across a very broad spectrum. In this frequency of reality, energy is slowed down to such an extent that it becomes literally solid and stationary. We live in an almost slow-motion layer of reality, where energy forms are heavy and dense and time moves very slowly.

But we as spirits, packets of intelligent energy from a much higher frequency, project a slowed-down portion of ourselves into these physical bodies on this physical plane in order to have important experiences, to learn lessons in soul growth, and to advance awareness of ourselves and others, in a nutshell. The ETs fit in alongside us as other manifestations/evolutions of the same base energy - as other beings, who are people just like we are, simply coming from other places (planets/planes/dimensions).
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th October 2017), Noelle (6th October 2017), triquetra (9th October 2017)

9. Link to Post #205
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I prefer the word manifestation to simulation. It seems to fit better for me, because I see everything as being vibrations of energy, many different types of energy fluctuating and manifesting in many different ways across a very broad spectrum. In this frequency of reality, energy is slowed down to such an extent that it becomes literally solid and stationary. We live in an almost slow-motion layer of reality, where energy forms are heavy and dense and time moves very slowly.

But we as spirits, packets of intelligent energy from a much higher frequency, project a slowed-down portion of ourselves into these physical bodies on this physical plane in order to have important experiences, to learn lessons in soul growth, and to advance awareness of ourselves and others, in a nutshell. The ETs fit in alongside us as other manifestations/evolutions of the same base energy - as other beings, who are people just like we are, simply coming from other places (planets/planes/dimensions).
    I like the word "manifestation" better too -- it has a much more positive ring to it, like this is an experience that we were not tricked into experiencing. But if it turns out we were tricked, or that, indeed, this is some sort of virtual reality constructed and manipulated by ETs or AI to feed off of our energy, I don't think "manifestation" would be a good word to describe it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2017)

11. Link to Post #206
    Thanks

Having just watched the video posted by Kindred on the DJ thread....it brought something back to mind that I had heard elsewhere. That the ET's had shown us a "film" of the Crucifixion. For me, because of my own personal experiences within a religious system & the observations I have made down through my life, this begs the question if not ALL religions might simply be a means of control for Whomever is playing this game.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not wish to take away from any form of "comfort" a person might receive from his or her own personal religion. It would seem that we do inhabit our own personal Belief System, whatever that might be. Mine has changed dramatically since I joined Avalon!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2017), Noelle (6th October 2017)

13. Link to Post #207
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    I like the word "manifestation" better too -- it has a much more positive ring to it, like this is an experience that we were not tricked into experiencing. But if it turns out we were tricked, or that, indeed, this is some sort of virtual reality constructed and manipulated by ETs or AI to feed off of our energy, I don't think "manifestation" would be a good word to describe it.
    I don't believe we are tricked into coming here. To do so over and over again would make us look pretty dumb! It's mostly the wheel of karma that maintains the circle of reincarnation, that's my belief LadyM. If there are any tricks involved, it's our own egos tricking us into repeated patterns of behaviour that keep bringing us back. Have you read Michael Newton? I think his first book was Journey of Souls, which describes in minute detail through deep level hypnosis, the paths we take and the experiences we have in the spirit world between lives. And most importantly, why we have to come here. The late Dolores Canon was another amazing researcher in this field. I really do think either would help put your mind at rest.

Because there is nothing at all to worry about regarding simulations or extreme manipulation. I don't rule out interfering ETs somewhere in the equation, but there's a limit to what a negative influence can do. The principal level of evil and manipulation probably involved is that which exists on the Human level. The deep state, Mk-ultra, shadowy groups sitting in shadowy rooms, doing everything they possibly can to hold humanity down, keep humanity back, to deceive him, enslave him, terrorize him etc.

Having just watched the video posted by Kindred on the DJ thread....it brought something back to mind that I had heard elsewhere. That the ET's had shown us a "film" of the Crucifixion. For me, because of my own personal experiences within a religious system & the observations I have made down through my life, this begs the question if not ALL religions might simply be a means of control for Whomever is playing this game.
    Oh yes I totally agree Foxie Loxie, it is ALL about control. That is not say that the original message was not pure, that Christ was exactly who he proclaimed himself to be.

What religion is now, is little different to what religion was millennia ago. Nothing has changed. Control, worship, and devotion (and generous donations please), is all that they want and need to keep the status quo.

Christ was born into the traditional Jewish faith, a highly efficient, highly profitable, and highly austere religious order. Order is the key word, because religion keeps order and dictates control over the masses. Christ challenged the status quo, and see what happened... But even later, when his message was spread by the disciples, Christianity never really become much of a faith - not the pure faith they wanted, because the early church could not allow such radical thinking. Yes we had the gospels, but they were carefully cherry-picked. The only way it would ever be allowed to take hold and spread was to blend it gently with already existing faiths and dogmas. Examples being Isis-Horus, which became the Virgin Mary and Child; and heaven and hell/resurrection/end of the world judgement etc, being drawn from Zoroastrianism, long predating Christianity. Or the Mithraic cult of ancient Rome, which morphed into Christmas. The list goes on. Many of the customs and beliefs that Christianity takes for granted and which define the religion had nothing to do with Christ or his teachings.

Christ's actual message was love, compassion, cooperation, forgiveness, and emancipation from the earthly bonds that tie us here - all those things that would actually set us free (from the wheel of karma). That was far too progressive for TPTB (meaning in those days churches, priesthoods, kings, emperors and pharaohs). A real Bible based purely on the loving messages of Christ only - leaving out all the other dross - would be no more than a pamphlet. Control could not be maintained with something so limiting. That's why all present day religions carry all the old doctrine and dogma. It's the conerstone of their control, it's been lugged through thousands of years of history, and now it is all too old-fashioned to be relevant anymore, not to mention contradictory in so many places.

Religion, just like TPTB, want humanity to feel small, inadequate, unworthy and most of all, mortal - when we are none of these things, in fact the opposite of all these things. This is 'the trick', if there is any. A trick - 2,000 years in the making - to keep us disempowered and spiritually unaware.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (7th October 2017), Noelle (7th October 2017)

15. Link to Post #208
    Thanks

Actually, my mind is fairly calm as I wade through the possibilities of what all this is. I'm just not convinced of anything yet. I am familiar with Newton and Cannon even more so. But there also is a fair amount of discussion on how virtually all of our experiences -- life, dream time, OBEs, in-between lifetimes, afterlife -- can be manipulated. Avalon member Omnisense often discusses in his posts and videos how black project technologies can create "synthetic" astral and dream experiences. I'm not crazy about that prospect, but I have to consider it, even when interpreting my own astral experiences.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th October 2017)

17. Link to Post #209
    Language
    English
    Thanks

This type of manipulation, yes, I see what you mean, it's pretty scary. Trying to unravel this stuff is nearly impossible, with so many pieces in a very large and complicated puzzle. And made even more so when you don't know what the picture is meant to look like, if your pieces are all the right pieces, even if you have all the pieces. I guess all we can do is look inside and settle on what we 'feel' is right, and do our best to go with that.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (7th October 2017), Noelle (7th October 2017)

19. Link to Post #210
    Thanks

Appreciate your thoughts, Star Mariner! Each of us has only our own personal experiences to go on in trying to figure out the Bigger Picture. I agree, we probably will never understand it!! But the ET's showing a film of the Crucifixion kind of points to the idea that they have been controlling things from the "beginning", or at least managing things to accomplish their own agenda...whatever THAT is!

Linda M.H. has been trying to figure out from her own experiences & what she has learned what might possibly be going on. What I'm beginning to wonder is this....is commerce in "souls" the business of the Universe? Do we really have any "control" over our own destinies or are we just playing out a "role" that was planned for us by someone else?! I guess this is why people would rather feel "safe" within some sort of Belief System!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (9th October 2017), Noelle (8th October 2017), Rich (25th January 2018)

21. Link to Post #211
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Quote Posted by LadyM (here)
    I also keep that top of mind too, Foxie Loxie. Many of the simulated reality discussions do include the ETs. One possibility that comes up in some is that the ETs are the simulators, perhaps with the ability to monitor and interact with those within the simulation.
    They are but only on a fragile inner layer, hence the "demiurge" aspect attributed to them from the Gnostics. I wouldn't call that inner layer the "simulation" itself, but instead a reprogramming of the simulation from inside of the simulation. They are very much stuck inside as well. Much more stuck, in fact. Not really ready for alignment. Evidence that getting ready would be a good idea will be coming into the picture relatively soon, however. The path of the probable future is gravitating towards such circumstances becoming very likely.

Effectiveness of reprogramming of reality from within it depends on a lot of factors, and there are many approaches as well. There are elegant approaches and then more brute force approaches. Reprogramming via fear is definitely one of the more brute force techniques, and it has limited effectiveness.

Humanity has a shot via alignment technology to be quite effective at it, if we are able to call out the unfolding dystopian illusion around us for what it actually is and to create from an aligned heart in spite of it all. We can work around the damage we have been coaxed into doing.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Flash (9th October 2017), Noelle (9th October 2017)

23. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

Yes this is for the most part the case. But additionally certain ETs have fabricated a mostly psychological simulation for us, within, as you say more accurately, a manifestation that was created for all of us, including them and other more benevolent ETs.

This simulation, which is to a large extent artificial but entwined with natural aspects, has taken an increasingly strong grip on the world. We are led to think in extremely dualistic ways about everything, in black and white, because duality can be programmed just as a binary computer can. You can create models for the simulation of how to concentrate power in one place and drain it from another, lead millions and then billions of people in a certain direction, all while having them think it is all their own doing.

If that's not a simulation, it's hard to say what is. Anyhow given that humanity is going to be finally waking up to all of it, and to a large degree already has (though few will speak openly about it), things are going to get interesting very quickly. The winds of change are picking up.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th October 2017), Noelle (9th October 2017)

25. Link to Post #213
    Thanks

I don't believe we are tricked into coming here. To do so over and over again would make us look pretty dumb! It's mostly the wheel of karma that maintains the circle of reincarnation, that's my belief LadyM. If there are any tricks involved, it's our own egos tricking us into repeated patterns of behaviour that keep bringing us back. Have you read Michael Newton? I think his first book was Journey of Souls, which describes in minute detail through deep level hypnosis, the paths we take and the experiences we have in the spirit world between lives. And most importantly, why we have to come here. The late Dolores Canon was another amazing researcher in this field. I really do think either would help put your mind at rest.

Because there is nothing at all to worry about regarding simulations or extreme manipulation. I don't rule out interfering ETs somewhere in the equation, but there's a limit to what a negative influence can do. The principal level of evil and manipulation probably involved is that which exists on the Human level. The deep state, Mk-ultra, shadowy groups sitting in shadowy rooms, doing everything they possibly can to hold humanity down, keep humanity back, to deceive him, enslave him, terrorize him etc.
    I think you'd be surprised, there are some very interesting bits of information along the timeline with regards to the interfacing between Human and non-Human elements involved in the direction our civilization has taken. There has been significant human corruption of course, but a large part of what has catalyzed everything has been fear. Humans have largely had a boot to their throat in the equation. Some have succumbed to other types of manipulation but those who would have made the most difference taking things in a better direction were generally targets for fear.

Injection of fear has been the main gear turning the cogs of the inner illusory shell of our "reality" and it has been quite effective. It is a shame it is still believed that it can go the distance, as there is no historical evidence that it will get the ones generating the fear what they really want in the end. There are better approaches along the path of alignment. Winning that debate is not exactly a walk in the park.

I agree that if you go far enough back, we were not tricked, but it's hard to say if all the information was there. If you can believe that reality can be a grayscale between natural and artificial, an argument could be made that over time, our "local reality" has been gravitating from natural towards artificial, via manipulation from within. At a larger scale, the effects of this are limited, but on a scale that makes sense to a planetary civilization, the impact is massive. It is everything we know. Sure to some degree our civilization "flourished" in a natural way, but it did in a very subtly guided manner, which alone injects a tremendous amount of artificial quality. If humanity had grown its own civilization without any outside manipulation the results would have been extremely different than where we are now.

[They] want humanity to feel small, inadequate, unworthy and most of all, mortal - when we are none of these things, in fact the opposite of all these things. This is 'the trick', if there is any. A trick - 2,000 years in the making - to keep us disempowered and spiritually unaware.
    That's just one of many tendrils of the trick. It has to be pretty all-encompassing to be completely effective.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Flash (9th October 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th October 2017), Noelle (9th October 2017)

27. Link to Post #214
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Triquetra, I think you are 100% right here, fear has been the guiding principle to skew our evolution as well as our planet's evolution. Earth itself is sensitive to fear. And yes, it is fear that has been used with those who were evolving into love. Mainly fear of survival at one level, fear of harm to our children at another level, and finally fear of God. Same for the planet. She is caught into fear.

In a down to earth manner, I am always surprised when Americans deem someone good God fearing person. God fearing, it is incrusted in each and every of our civilisations.

The inadequate, unworthy and mostly mortal feelings are a side trick ensuring the main ones remain in place.

One of the sign of spiritual evolution and of having pass the threshold of greater evolution is the last effort in going through unbeliveable fear and letting go. You will see this in most deep spiritual oriental writings.

Yet, those without emotions, without heart, usually do not fear, despite the fact that they are at the bottom of the evolution ladder (from a human point of view). And they are thrown again and again in the path of the faster evolving ones.

Emotions makes us fear, and also at the beginning makes us go through evolution towards greater evolving, to finally arrive at unemotional all encompassing love. Without any fear.

I think you'd be surprised, there are some very interesting bits of information along the timeline with regards to the interfacing between Human and non-Human elements involved in the direction our civilization has taken. There has been significant human corruption of course, but a large part of what has catalyzed everything has been fear. Humans have largely had a boot to their throat in the equation. Some have succumbed to other types of manipulation but those who would have made the most difference taking things in a better direction were generally targets for fear.

Injection of fear has been the main gear turning the cogs of the inner illusory shell of our "reality" and it has been quite effective. It is a shame it is still believed that it can go the distance, as there is no historical evidence that it will get the ones generating the fear what they really want in the end. There are better approaches along the path of alignment. Winning that debate is not exactly a walk in the park.

I agree that if you go far enough back, we were not tricked, but it's hard to say if all the information was there. If you can believe that reality can be a grayscale between natural and artificial, an argument could be made that over time, our "local reality" has been gravitating from natural towards artificial, via manipulation from within. At a larger scale, the effects of this are limited, but on a scale that makes sense to a planetary civilization, the impact is massive. It is everything we know. Sure to some degree our civilization "flourished" in a natural way, but it did in a very subtly guided manner, which alone injects a tremendous amount of artificial quality. If humanity had grown its own civilization without any outside manipulation the results would have been extremely different than where we are now.

[They] want humanity to feel small, inadequate, unworthy and most of all, mortal - when we are none of these things, in fact the opposite of all these things. This is 'the trick', if there is any. A trick - 2,000 years in the making - to keep us disempowered and spiritually unaware.
    That's just one of many tendrils of the trick. It has to be pretty all-encompassing to be completely effective.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Noelle (9th October 2017)

29. Link to Post #215
    Language
    English
    Thanks

But the ET's showing a film of the Crucifixion kind of points to the idea that they have been controlling things from the "beginning", or at least managing things to accomplish their own agenda...whatever THAT is!
    At the very least, they have been watching things since the very beginning How much control they have is open to debate.

Do we really have any "control" over our own destinies or are we just playing out a "role" that was planned for us by someone else?!
    In my view, we have Free Will. I think that's what really defines us. Even the dark side have free will - they choose that dark space to have those experiences. Yes, the control is strong, manipulation very high, in fact the game is totally rigged against us. But we still have free will within the system, to create our own destinies and make the very best of it that we can. You become the person you are based on the experiences you have, and the decisions you make.
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (13th October 2017), Foxie Loxie (9th October 2017), Noelle (9th October 2017)

31. Link to Post #216
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Again, to this I would say, have we not seen evidence that both might be simultaneously true? Can a reality, be it virtual or real, be so intricate that it actually "crossfades" between objectivist and subjectivist modes depending on cetain factors?
    The irony is that these objectivists who deny the reality of the mind do so with the mind.
    And if there really was a reality separate from the mind how could we know of it, unless we thought of it?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

earthdreamer (30th January 2018), Noelle (18th December 2017)

33. Link to Post #217
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    The irony is that these objectivists who deny the reality of the mind do so with the mind.
    And if there really was a reality separate from the mind how could we know of it, unless we thought of it?
    Thanks EmEx, your inference is indeed a part of the proof. One can generalize that all mistakes with regards to the nature of reality are most often categorizable as an oversimplification. This remains true into perpetuity because the nature of reality is continuously much more than you can possibly perceive it to be from your current vantage point. And yet, despite this, the fact that it always winds up remaining factorizable to relatively simple mathematical expressions, shines evidence on the sheer elegance of its design.

This is the design held in esteem as being the sole creation of Prime Creator (Recursive Root Creator). The rest can be extrapolated from it. There are so many immediate relevations that unfold immediately once the basic model is understood, revelations that bring a great peace to the psyche.

For one thing, people place so much attention on the control structure immediately above them, as a kind of all-that-is, devoting the majority of their focus towards that control structure (well, at least in alternative communities such as these). What people tend to forget, is that these structures must almost certainly repeat themselves over and over again, the difference being whether each higher layer *chooses* to impose their advantaged vantage point in terms of control or assistance or neither or both.

Therefore, entities existing two layers apart can become allies if necessary (usually for the sake of the entity two layers below, in the case of the intervening layer applying their opportunity for control in too egregious a manner).

Suffice it to say that the layer where you could most accurately point to a simulation actually being run from (rather than an attempted reprogramming of a simulation from within it), and more importantly, the entities existing "outside" of that outermost scope of the simulation, are far and away the most beneficial allies to have when coming to terms with the possibility that your reality is simulated (even though you may be required to interact with unfriendly entities within the simulation in a very real way, regardless).

There also exists some degree of fear of the possible nature of AI being unfriendly but there are models within the study of civilization theory which indicate that malevolent AIs cannot be created ahead of more powerful and capable benevolent AIs, and so they always wind up being incapable of gaining an upper hand in the equation of emergent AI technology.

There are many similar theories which indicate that malevolent action, even when scaled across seemingly large spans of linear time (or injected to the timeline in a nonlinear manner), is never without consequence, this consequence is simply deferred longer and longer until the point when it becomes impossible to defer its arrival any longer (humans bear partial witness to extremely long deferral periods of other entities affecting their reality).

Counterbalancing this is the observation that entities generally do not engage in patterns of behavior without some kind of reasoning commensurate with their level of intelligence, which is at the time deemed either acceptable or perhaps necessary for reasons that shape the boundaries of their patterns of thinking.

Therefore we witness the unfolding of large extrapolations of reasoning that is a matter of real limitations in modality of thought on behalf of relatively powerful entities, and the trickle down effect it has on other entities who exist within the influential scope of these plans which are sometimes ultimately discovered to be flawed.

As a final conclusion, considering all this, we realize that campaigns must be waged on the basis of negotiating an increase in the scope of consideration when forming reasoning behind the execution of plans which reshape the basis of reality for a large number of other entities whose lives would otherwise be very different. In other words, an appeal to the evolution of entities who may have decided at some point to take their own evolution into their own hands, to evolve on their own terms.

Such a decision can be the most difficult to prove to be flawed to those who have decided it. It is not enough to make a basic argument. The only way tends to be showing symbolically the outcomes across the entire fork of the probability tree within the complete probability matrix for that highly divergent decision point, and to compare it to outcomes resulting even from backstepping from the decision point a considerable amount of time after having originally made it.

It is important, when considering a topic such as the probability that a universe is simulated, to realize, that if it is, the probability that it is one of an extremely large amount of nearly identical simulations is extremely high.

The raw compute power required to simulate many universes as opposed to just one is negligible in the grander scheme of things, after all.

Trends are observed by running many simulations in parallel.

This information is sourced from outside of this simulation.
    Last edited by triquetra; 18th December 2017 at 08:07.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Flash (30th December 2017), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2018), Noelle (18th December 2017), Rich (21st December 2017), Scottoz (20th December 2017), StandingWave (30th December 2017)

35. Link to Post #218
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

I don't see it as a simulation, at least not in the sense that you seem to think of it.
    What my personal experience and belief points at, is that there are varying degrees of delusion, but it is still ourselves who have "created" this illusion.
    And because we do not even know who we are, and do not dare look - out of fear, there is no certainty about the illusion we created,
    thinking that it was some higher power separate from us that made it and even controls us with it.
    The trouble starts when we think of ourselves as humans or some kind of body separate from our mind.
    That somehow, a human is all that we are, and that the mind is property of that human body,
    instead of the recognition that the concept of "human" could not even exist without our thinking.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Post:

Flash (30th December 2017), Noelle (21st December 2017), onevoice (24th January 2018), petra (24th January 2018), Scottoz (23rd December 2017), seko (31st December 2017), StandingWave (30th December 2017)

37. Link to Post #219
    Thanks

Quote Posted by EmEx (here)
    I don't see it as a simulation, at least not in the sense that you seem to think of it.
    What my personal experience and belief points at, is that there are varying degrees of delusion, but it is still ourselves who have "created" this illusion.
    And because we do not even know who we are, and do not dare look - out of fear, there is no certainty about the illusion we created,
    thinking that it was some higher power separate from us that made it and even controls us with it.
    The trouble starts when we think of ourselves as humans or some kind of body separate from our mind.
    That somehow, a human is all that we are, and that the mind is property of that human body,
    instead of the recognition that the concept of "human" could not even exist without our thinking.
    Ah but we are in complete agreement. At least, after an RV campaign following up on the one led by Troika, the data agrees. There is an answer to the often heard saying "we all chose to be here at some point or another, at some level or another" or similar. Delusion and simulation are not so different, it is often simply a difference of degree of knowingness or forgetfulness.

What people will find shocking when all of this wave of information comes in full force, is the sheer repeatability of ourselves across these macro layers of reality. "Evil" can be done by causing lower layers of a self to forget their own higher layer.

Does it make sense? It is going to take time to go through all the data..

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Flash (30th December 2017), Noelle (30th December 2017), Rich (30th December 2017), Scottoz (30th December 2017), seko (31st December 2017), StandingWave (30th December 2017)

39. Link to Post #220
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Flash (24th January 2018), Limor Wolf (23rd January 2018), Noelle (2nd January 2018), triquetra (23rd January 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst 1 11 15 LastLast