+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst 1 7 17 25 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

1. Link to Post #321
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

Default Re: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

I was big into egyptology as a kid, and I recall the two snakes.

That said, it was 2001 when I encountered the effect, actually remembering reports of him dying in prison a few years prior.

2. Link to Post #322
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    I thought there was only one snake.
    There is. The others a vulture.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

BMJ (2nd January 2020), DNA (30th March 2019), Forest Denizen (29th March 2019), PurpleLama (30th March 2019)

4. Link to Post #323
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Thanks for bumping this. I'll definitely listen to the video.

I'm personally 100% convinced there was some kind of weird glitch in the spacetime matrix that showed up in subtle ways over a several-year period.

But now it's all died down again, and as best I know there are no new 'Mandela Effects' being reported. It's actually very important that this whole fascinating phenomenon isn't forgotten or dismissed.

Do also see this interesting thread, with an equally interesting discussion:
    I too believe that there was some glitch in the space time matrix as you say. What I think has died down is the discussion and why would that be? Because all of the strong changes have been brought forward and debated by the two groups. (The 2 groups being those whose remember from one scenario and those of the other.)

There are a couple things that really stand out for me;

1) As is noticed, it has died down. It has been discussed and no new changes are coming forward except graphic changes in brands etc., which would/could change anyway. I believe that the reason that it has died down is because it was something that actually happened. There was a substantial change that occurred. If it was just a problem with people's memories why would it ever stop? Therefore I believe that this simple fact supports the idea that something did happen and it wasn't just some people remembering incorrectly. (Of course some of the changes mentioned by people were the result of bad memories, but there are strong examples that go against that.)

2) The majority of the changes (if not all) are related to popular culture. If I was part of an experiment to test the affects of changing a timeline, I would not want to tamper with things that would alter the world in a big way. I would change things that many people new about and would/could easily discuss. Changing a line in a movie or the colour of a logo would not alter history in a huge way. (Was the Swastika switched out with another character? Were any country's flags changed?)

3) I find it fascinating that there are 2 distinct groups (at least that is what I have seen) where one group of people are aware of almost all of the changes and the other group does not see any changes. (There are some things that a person just does not know because they are not familiar with the topic that changed.)

My entire family sees the changes. We are all affected the same.

The big thing with us was the Berenstein Bears. I read the books to my kids when they were little. We watched the TV show. Embarrassingly, my family was big on "poop" jokes. IF The Berenstein Bears were indeed The Berenstain Bears, they would be the subject of Bear Poop-Stain jokes.

When we discovered the mandela effect, I searched our storage for The Berenstein Bears book. When I found it, it was titled The Berenstain Bears.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

BMJ (30th March 2019), DNA (30th March 2019)

6. Link to Post #324
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

In looking over the Mandela threads and re-reading them I have found new information that I must have missed the first time. (or it has recently changed, which wouldn't surprise me at this point.)

In WW2 Japan bombed North America with balloon bombs? WTH?

So I suppose helping my kids with their history homework will only cause problems.

Things have continued to be weird in our lives and I often joke to my wife that we are on the wrong planet - I guess I shouldn't use that joke anymore.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

BMJ (30th March 2019), DNA (30th March 2019)

8. Link to Post #325
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Quote Posted by Patient (here)

In WW2 Japan bombed North America with balloon bombs? WTH?
    My memory isn't so good, but yes, (I was taught), that Japan did send up balloons during WWII. The jet stream carried them across the ocean to the west coast of the USA. I believe only one or two actually made it and exploded harmlessly away from anything. It was a non-event type of thing, so it really doesn't get any mention in the history books. And rightly doesn't merit any mention either.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

BMJ (31st March 2019), DNA (30th March 2019)

10. Link to Post #326
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Commonly held false memories
    False memories can sometimes be shared by multiple people.[32][33] In 2010 this was dubbed the "Mandela Effect" by self-described "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome, in reference to a false memory she reported of the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela in the 1980s (who was at the time still alive), which she claimed was shared by "perhaps thousands" of other people.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

The Mandela effect is the pseudoscientific belief that some differences between one's memories and the real world are caused by changes to past events in the timeline. Many Mandela effect believers believe it is caused by accidental travel between alternate universes, although some others propose that history has been deliberately altered after the fact by malicious extradimensional beings within the same timeline or by experiments at CERN.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mandela_effect

Goes to show who is the enemy of human awakening.
    I personally don't care about recent changes in popular culture, but historical changes that go thousands of years such as Bible verses and Pharaoh masks mean timeline shifts are profound.

(I don't like to discuss "geographic changes" because the positions of Japan, Korea, NZ, etc., haven't changed, as far as I know. This will only fuel the "false memories" argument. I must admit, though, I thought Sri-Lanka or Ceylon was southwest of India.)

11. Link to Post #327
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,495 times in 731 posts

Quote Posted by Didgevillage (here)
    Commonly held false memories
    False memories can sometimes be shared by multiple people.[32][33] In 2010 this was dubbed the "Mandela Effect" by self-described "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome, in reference to a false memory she reported of the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela in the 1980s (who was at the time still alive), which she claimed was shared by "perhaps thousands" of other people.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory

The Mandela effect is the pseudoscientific belief that some differences between one's memories and the real world are caused by changes to past events in the timeline. Many Mandela effect believers believe it is caused by accidental travel between alternate universes, although some others propose that history has been deliberately altered after the fact by malicious extradimensional beings within the same timeline or by experiments at CERN.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mandela_effect

Goes to show who is the enemy of human awakening.
    I personally don't care about recent changes in popular culture, but historical changes that go thousands of years such as Bible verses and Pharaoh masks mean timeline shifts are profound.

(I don't like to discuss "geographic changes" because the positions of Japan, Korea, NZ, etc., haven't changed, as far as I know. This will only fuel the "false memories" argument. I must admit, though, I thought Sri-Lanka or Ceylon was southwest of India.)
    Read all the posts and the different threads on this topic. Read the research https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0p...VCQTlmdGs/view that ruled out false memory syndrome. When you say geography has not changed it's clear you have no idea what this is really about.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savannah For This Post:

BMJ (31st March 2019), DNA (13th April 2019)

13. Link to Post #328
    Japan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Savannah,
    I didn't say "geography has not changed."
    I simply said I don't like to discuss it, because it can give the counter-arguments to Mandela effect more ammunition.
    (Geography may have changed in some locations.)

14. Link to Post #329
    United States Avalon Member Keajran's Avatar
    Thanks

Something strange has happened for me regarding the Mandela effect. I've experienced a reversal of one of the previously reported changes. Yesterday while reading through this thread, I noticed that The Berentain Bears has flip flopped again. Let me begin from the beginning. I distinctly remember Berenstain from my childhood, and I even owned the books. Fast forward to the early 2000s, I think it was 2003 to be exact, I was in my early 20s, and I was reminiscing about this childhood book and went online to search for it. I was shocked to see it spelled as Berenstein all over the internet. I couldn't find a single instance of it spelled Berenstain. I had a really hard time accepting this. All those "E"s in the name just did not look right, and the thought that I and numerous others had been pronouncing it wrong did not sit well. I thought I was losing mind. I eventually forgot about this and moved on with my life. Fast forward again to early 2016. I became aware of the Mandela Effect and began researching it. I was floored to discover that The Berenstein bears were one of the known effects. At this time the consensus was still that Berenstein was the correct and current spelling and Berenstain was the mis-recollected version. A minority of people remembered Berenstain and I was part that group. I was very surprised that I had noticed this 13 years earlier and tried to think back to 2003 to see if I had noticed any other anomalies back then but nothing came to mind. I also remember some people on various forums mocking those who remembered it as Berenstain because it sounded so absurd to them. I made a determination to put Berenstain out of my head and to accept that it was now Berenstein.

Now imagine my surprise when I was perusing this thread yesterday, and discovered that the currently accepted version is now Berenstain. I feel like I'm losing my mind all over again! When the heck did this happen? I mean, I was obsessed with this particular Mandela effect back in 2003, and again in 2016 and I know without a shadow of a doubt what I saw, what I read, what I was thinking both those times, so what now?? None of the other effects seem to have changed back from what they were in 2016 that I've noticed, just Berenstain, but I haven't conducted a thorough investigation. Has anyone else had this experience or anything similar?
    Last edited by Keajran; 15th April 2019 at 11:15.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keajran For This Post:

BMJ (13th April 2019), DNA (13th April 2019), Franny (12th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

16. Link to Post #330
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Very interesting and mind bending experience Kejaranhybrid. You are the first I have seen with this particular experience.

When I first heard of the Mandella Effect I called a friend with a bunch of kids, some still young, and asked her which was the correct spelling. She thought it was a bit odd but told me it was with the 'e'. So I asked her to go get one of the books and she was shocked to find the 'a' version on her shelves. She texted her older kids and they all remember the 'e' version.

I just looked and it's still the 'a' spelling.

I asked about Mandella and she remembers he died in jail. I remember his release from jail with much excitement and lots of celebration. Also people on the streets of NYC wearing t-shirts celebrating such.

There is a movie, Goodby Bafana, where a prison guard eventually befriends Mandella. One scene shows Mandella walking out of the prison, using original footage, while a great song plays in the background.

I loved the song and have it in my collection.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

BMJ (13th April 2019), DNA (13th April 2019), Forest Denizen (12th April 2019), Keajran (15th April 2019)

18. Link to Post #331
    United States Avalon Member Forest Denizen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 times in 450 posts

I definitely remember the Berenstein Bears. My last name ends with the same six letters, nstein.

I also clearly remember at some point years later, seeing one of the books somewhere, either in a friend’s house or in a bookstore and noticing the spelling was Berenstain. I thought, “Hmm.. that’s funny..”

I also very clearly remember when Mandela appeared in the news as having been released from prison. I turned to my then-wife and she was looking at me with the same stunned expression. We both exclaimed at the same time something to the effect of, "But wait, I thought he died in prison!"
    Last edited by Forest Denizen; 12th April 2019 at 23:06.
    "Love is the only engine of survival.." Leonard Cohen

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Forest Denizen For This Post:

BMJ (13th April 2019), Constance (13th April 2019), DNA (13th April 2019), Franny (13th April 2019), Keajran (15th April 2019), Valerie Villars (12th April 2019)

20. Link to Post #332
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Now the Mandela Effect is coming to you on the big screen enter the movie Yesterday. Looks like the man character jumped timelines.

Synopsis

Yesterday, everyone knew The Beatles. Today, only Jack remembers their songs. Jack Malik (Himesh Patel, BBC’s Eastenders) is a struggling singer-songwriter in a tiny English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie (Lily James, Mama Mia! Here We Go Again). Then, after a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed … and he finds himself with a very complicated problem, indeed. With the door between his old life and his new closing, Jack will need to get back to where he once belonged and prove that all you need is love.

YESTERDAY

Entertainment Access
    Published on Feb 12, 2019
    Watch the official trailer for Yesterday, a comedy movie starring Lily James and Ed Sheeran. In theaters June 27, 2019.
    In hoc signo vinces / In this sign thou shalt conquer

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

DNA (13th June 2019), Forest Denizen (13th June 2019), Inversion (3rd December 2019), Patient (13th June 2019), Smell the Roses (18th June 2019)

22. Link to Post #333
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Exclamation Re: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

The 'Mandela Effect' Goes Mainstream? ... Skeptics Calling it 'Science of False Memories' ... all of it?

The Mandela Effect | Official HD Trailer (2019) | DRAMA | Film Threat Trailers

Storyline: The Mandela Effect follows a man who becomes obsessed with facts and events that have been collectively misremembered by thousands of people. Believing the phenomena to be the symptom of something much larger, his obsession eventually leads him to question reality itself.

Taglines: Take a trip down memory lane. Genres: Drama | Sci-Fi | Thriller

Director: David Guy Levy
    Writers: David Guy Levy, Steffen Schlachtenhaufen
    Stars: Charlie Hofheimer, Aleksa Palladino, Robin Lord Taylor | See full cast & crew »

The Mandela Effect (2019)

Trivia:

The idea came from the famous internet theory where people remember certain things that never happened in our history

The Mandela Effect is named after a phenomena in which a large number of people thoroughly believed South African leader Nelson Mandela had died in prison in the 1980s and were surprised to learn of his actual death in 2013. Other examples of mass misremembering have used the same moniker of The Mandela Effect, such as the spelling of The Berenstain/stein Bears or Jif vs Jiffy peanut butter.

Clarke Peters, who portrays Dr. Roland Fuchs, played Nelson Mandela in the film Endgame (2009).

The Mandela Effect reunites David Guy Levy, Steffen Schlachtenhaufen, Joshua Freuhling, Josh Schaeffer, Geralyn Flood, Charlie Hofheimer, Robin Lord Taylor and Ptolemy Slocum, all of whom previously worked on Would You Rather.

Source: IMDB

[quote]: "Hey Conspiracy Nuts, There's a Whole Mandela Effect Movie Now"

Do you have an uncle who has substituted going down internet conspiracy theory rabbit holes to such other activities as “getting outside once in a while” and “human interaction”? Then you’ll probably want to point them in the direction of their new favorite movie: The Mandela Effect. This indie sci-fi thriller, scheduled for limited release (mostly VOD, presumably) on Dec. 6, 2019, is using one of the web’s favorite “unexplained mysteries” as its source material.

The titular Mandela Effect is a name given to the wider phenomenon of commonly held false memories. Named after a false memory shared by a number of people that politician Nelson Mandela had passed away in the 1980s, it has also been applied in recent years to the fact that many people remember certain spelling’s differently—like the fact that The Berenstain Bears is often remembered as The Berenstein Bears. Explanations for the effect have ranged from simple cases of mistaken memory, to conspiracy theories that our reality is being manipulated by sinister outside forces. Certainly, this particular rabbit hole is popular among the “we’re all living in a simulation” crowd, and the internet folks who have a pathological need to feel like they’re part of a community with access to secret, forbidden knowledge.

The Mandela Effect feature film, then, confronts the phenomena by telling the story of a husband and wife who lose their daughter, only to spiral out of control when they start noticing the inconsistency of their memories of her. Starring Charlie Hofheimer and Aleska Palladino, it certainly seems to be positing the “simulation” explanation, with its programmer character realizing that if we’re all existing within a complex computer system, maybe he can just program his dead kid back to life. Right?

With production values that look on the amateurish side, The Mandela Effect will presumably be leaning on the dubious strength of its r/conspiracy-approved source material to get by. Still, there’s a certain corner of the internet that will feel very validated indeed by the existence of this film. Only … didn’t it used to be called The Mandela Affect? [unquote].

Source
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th November 2019 at 15:20.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (2nd January 2020), Did You See Them (27th November 2019), Inversion (3rd December 2019), Keajran (28th November 2019), muxfolder (27th November 2019), Patient (27th November 2019)

24. Link to Post #334
    Language
    Thanks

Multiverse (Endless Parallel Universes Scientific Explained Here: )

Confronting the Multiverse: What 'Infinite Universes'(with infinite time-lines) Would Mean
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th November 2019 at 14:29.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (2nd January 2020), Did You See Them (27th November 2019), Inversion (3rd December 2019)

26. Link to Post #335
    Language
    Thanks

False Memories and Memory Errors (The Mandela Effect!)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

10 CREEPY MANDELA EFFECTS #2 w/ Teens (REACT)

The Mandela Effect: A Critical Analysis

"Has Some One Changed The Matrix"

Are We Living In Split Realities? The Mandela Effect & False Memories:

2.276.275+ views
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th November 2019 at 15:27.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (26th December 2019), Inversion (3rd December 2019)

28. Link to Post #336
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

So then, me and my friends all have false memories of seeing the James Bond movie and kidding about the huge guy with metal teeth, Jaws? We didn't actually laugh about Jaws getting his teeth caught in the pigtailed girl's braces if they kissed? That pigtailed girl who now has no braces?

And I also falsely remember my younger sister that couldn't say Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who's the fairest of them all? That she would say miwa, miwa on the wall? We falsely remembered, my whole family, joking about that and nick-naming her Miwa? And now the witch says Magic mirror on the wall?

If those are false memories, then I can't trust any thought I have!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2019), BMJ (26th December 2019), ClearWater (27th November 2019), ExomatrixTV (27th November 2019), Inaiá (10th January 2020), Inversion (3rd December 2019), Keajran (28th November 2019), muxfolder (27th November 2019), Patient (27th November 2019), Satori (27th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (26th January 2020), Valerie Villars (28th November 2019)

30. Link to Post #337
    Language
    Thanks

If you study (Ted talk) experts & insiders discussing what Quantum Computers really are & (Quantum A.I. really is) they openly admit it "taps" in to a Multiverse (parallel universes).

If true, that could mean Quantum A.I. MAY alter the perception of collective human history (including scripture!) ... but it can NOT alter our memories UNLESS you are so (deep) interwoven in their preferred matrix you are "merged" in their artificial time-line serving only their interests! ... Somehow they need us humans (Souls) like batteries for their "existence".

Our unlimited creative energy harvested via well manufactured deceptions when IF beLIEved & accepted they THRIVE on that, those who want to expose it are seen as threats taking away their "food source".

Maybe the only way out of this endless deceptions is to find a way that 1 time-line can serve all timelines where everybody wins

Merging of Dimensions is the coming "Singularity" ??? ... or is the Singularity the FALSE REALITY controlled by soulless Quantum A.I. seeking us and invite us in their "realm" to make it more "interesting"?

Cheers,
    John Kuhles 27-11-2019

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th November 2019 at 15:34.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st December 2019), BMJ (2nd January 2020), Inversion (3rd December 2019)

32. Link to Post #338
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Another way to look at this...if this occurred due to false memories, why did it happen around a certain time frame? Why isn't this constantly occurring?

Of course there will be someone who recalls something inaccurately, but this is a large group of people in a specific time frame experiencing the same discrepancies.

And one can not really argue about it because there are 2 groups who have different memories. You can really only support those people who are in the same position as you are.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st December 2019), BMJ (3rd January 2020), Forest Denizen (10th January 2020), Inaiá (10th January 2020), Inversion (3rd December 2019)

34. Link to Post #339
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,749 times in 4,341 posts

I am a little disturbed, a little excited, a little confused all at the same time, owing to a sort of potential mandela effect phenomenon that I've recently experienced. So I watched this Star Wars related youtube video. In it, Frank Oz was featured. This man of a thousand voices was, as you will know, the voice of Kermit the Frog, and many other memorable characters - one of them was Yoda in the Star Wars films. To say I was a bit shocked is an understatement. I was absolutely thoroughly convinced that Frank Oz was dead. I mean dead dead. Thoroughly, 100%. Because I clearly recall the memory of sadness I once had, maybe 10 years ago or more, when I heard of his passing. I remember thinking, 'well that's the end of Yoda, if they ever do another Star Wars they're going to need a very good impersonator'. As it turns out, he's still alive and well. And I just cannot believe it. I heard it announced that he was dead - years ago!

And there's more.

At this time of year, we have the inevitable 'in memory of' segment on the news, a run-down of all those (celebs) that have died during the year. Several of these celebrity names I also had to do a double-take. I mean seriously, what the hell. Because some of them I was quite convinced were already dead. In fact long dead. One was Windsor Davies (those outside the UK won't know him). But this very famous comedy actor was a big name in the UK in the 70s and 80s, and I could've sworn he died probably 20 years ago. But no, he died in 2019.

Of course, all this is just my (possibly) distorted perception. But I could not help but feel really, really surprised, and as I said, disturbed, excited, shocked, confused... And it's not just "I thought he was dead", particularly of Frank Oz, it's much more "I remember him being dead."

I really don't understand this phenomenon.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (31st December 2019), BMJ (2nd January 2020), Forest Denizen (10th January 2020), onevoice (31st December 2019), Patient (31st December 2019)

36. Link to Post #340
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 times in 139 posts

A month ago I recorded this podcast with visual images, where I present some hard evidence for the Mandela Effect. Some are drawings for very serious purposes, others are actual photographic evidence. Enjoy!

I also recommend one of the follow-up's where I go into the faulty logic of the arguments people use to discredit the Mandela Effect:

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoR For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th January 2020), BMJ (16th January 2020), Forest Denizen (10th January 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst 1 7 17 25 LastLast