+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 25 LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

1. Link to Post #261
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Mandela Effect: What does it mean??

"Mandela effect" or "I haven't looked behind my fridge in a few years... Might do that"

Absolute waste of time.
    List of Psy Ops to distract : Flat Earth Theory
    Mandela Effect (when there's serious, massive things happening, lets talk about trivia like it's important and we're moving between dimensions,,, holy smoke!)
    Paul McCartney is Dead Theory - make mockery of any Conspiracy Theorists in future,,
    Last edited by LEGOWehrmacht; 18th May 2017 at 17:15.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LEGOWehrmacht For This Post:

DNA (18th May 2017), Milo (6th August 2017)

3. Link to Post #262
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,917 times in 4,329 posts

Quote Posted by LEGOWehrmacht (here)
    "Mandela effect" or "I haven't looked behind my fridge in a few years... Might do that"

Absolute waste of time.
    Mandela Effect (when there's serious, massive things happening, lets talk about trivia like it's important and we're moving between dimensions,,, holy smoke!)
    Paul McCartney is Dead Theory - make mockery of any Conspiracy Theorists in future,,

I think the Mandela Effect is one of those things where you need a personal experience for the theory to resonate with you. Without that personal connection that so many of the folks who have posted on this thread feel, it lacks that needed corroboration. But as for myself and many others there are things that pop out, that do not seem to fit our personal histories.
    And while your mentioning it, yes I absolutely believe in the Paul McCartney is dead theory. It's raised a new appreciation in the music for me, as I can hear it, how they (the remaining beatles) are trying to tell us that Paul is indeed dead. But that is of course a subject for another thread.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), skogvokter (21st May 2017), sunwings (18th May 2017), TargeT (18th May 2017)

5. Link to Post #263
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Absolute waste of time.
    C3po's leg was never silver...

I don't have that bad of a memory....

For me it's a real thing, don't care what explanations you give me... "Luke, I am your father" THAT'S THE FREAKING LINE! I watched that movie so much!.... with out the "luke" part it doesn't sound right, it doesn't have the same impact.. a hard consonant on the first word is very important in language, it gets your attention, the Luke works bette rthan "no" the soft vowel in "no" isn't nearly as memorable..

Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (18th May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2017), skogvokter (21st May 2017), sunwings (18th May 2017)

7. Link to Post #264
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey man, I know Star Wars and that's seriously how it is said, really. People always say an approximation of quotes from films, come on you must admit that. People say "Luke, I am your father" because it obviously references someone to tell you what film it is. I even was aware of this years ago when I noticed the dialogue was different compared to what is said by people, I'm talking 10-20 years ago, I noticed he says "I am your father".
    There's no scandal. - Like with the Jaws quote, You're gonna need a bigger boat, that's just people embellishing too.
    But either way, think about it, it's not someone saying "I remember him saying You're gonna need a much larger fleet of armadillo's to approach this amphibian"
    It's "You're" and "We're", since when are people accurate in everyday life?? You're not drinking too much of the Kool Aid are you?

But I can't for the life of me remember C3-PO having a silver leg... It rings a bell from something but it was always pure gold to me , sometimes in bits but always gold legs

later,

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LEGOWehrmacht For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (18th May 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2017), Matthew (18th May 2017), TargeT (18th May 2017)

9. Link to Post #265
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

Actor who plays C3-PO talks about silver leg,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuZms__n1Bo

I do remember it actually, one of those tiny memories and I wondered why the toy didn't have it the same...
    Oh well, que sera sera

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LEGOWehrmacht For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (18th May 2017), mab777 (19th May 2017), Matthew (18th May 2017), TargeT (18th May 2017)

11. Link to Post #266
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,917 times in 4,329 posts

Actor who plays C3-PO talks about silver leg,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuZms__n1Bo

I do remember it actually, one of those tiny memories and I wondered why the toy didn't have it the same...
    Oh well, que sera sera
    You are not getting it.This isn't a one size fits all list of criteria and facts. The idea behind the Mandela Effect isn't a deal where everyone on the earth remembers a differing past.
    The idea is string theory, that there are alternate earths in alternate realities per se, and that those realities are like bubbles, and sometimes those bubbles merge.
    And the consensus for reality changes, even though there are those whose personal consensus of reality does not match the new one.
    The result being we have differing folks who remember differing histories.
    Last edited by DNA; 18th May 2017 at 21:23.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), mab777 (19th May 2017), meat suit (19th May 2017), TargeT (18th May 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (20th May 2017)

13. Link to Post #267
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    You are not getting it.This isn't a one size fits all list of criteria and facts.
    it's an interesting concept because it's based solely on the individuals perception... and people having different perceptions (can seemingly) backs up the definition of the phenomenon.

Normally I would toss this aside as rubbish (Human testimony is notoriously poor); but then you see my post above... haha I don't know what it is, but something.. a fluke of memory, bleeding over of probability based realities; call it what you will he didn't have a silver leg!!!!(haha)
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (18th May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017)

15. Link to Post #268
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,758 times in 4,341 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    For me it's a real thing, don't care what explanations you give me... "Luke, I am your father" THAT'S THE FREAKING LINE! I watched that movie so much!.... with out the "luke" part it doesn't sound right, it doesn't have the same impact.. a hard consonant on the first word is very important in language, it gets your attention, the Luke works bette rthan "no" the soft vowel in "no" isn't nearly as memorable..
    People say "Luke, I am your father" because it obviously references someone to tell you what film it is.
    I know where you're coming from Target mate, I was with you for a while on that when this Mandela effect meme started to sweep us away - but then I thought about it some more, especially with the Star Wars ones and began to change my mind. Because, being a total freakoid etc I've seen these films like a billion times. If there was any alterations that could possibly be picked up, I'd pick them up.

So it fell apart. Exactly as LEGO said. No one contests Luke's line which comes before Vader's: "No, I am your father..." It is this, from Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!" If that preceding line wasn't altered, then the full exchange would read thus:

Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "Luke, I am your father."

Er... That just does not work. You can read it over and over, and it isn't right. It was never that. The lines do not gel. It is, and always was:

Luke: "He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"
    Vader: "No...I am your father."

I laid it all down in this post here and eventually convinced myself beyond any shadow of a doubt that this particular mandela effect isn't real.

The 'Luke' part got put in there artifically so that quoting the line quickly and easily carried some context. It just references the movie you're talking about, as LEGO said. It became a catchphrase, embedded itself in the mind, and over time it would seem that it overlaid the actual memory of the real line. That's personally what I think A LOT of these mandela effect things are. Perhaps not all. There maybe something to it...but not with misremembered movie quotes etc.

As for C3P0's leg. Yeh it is a conundrum. It baffled me at first. But then I considered, how much of the movies contain frames of 3P0 in a full body shot? Not many. The vast majority of scenes are head and shoulders or waist up. You don't often see a decent shot of his legs. Also, in the old days I would watch SW in what is now pretty ropey quality VHS. It's maybe not that surprising it wasn't noticed. Colours didn't much pop out like they do now. It is only in today's re-mastered, digital, HD, revolution that this was detected. I do really think it was always there.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (21st May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017), Matthew (20th May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017)

17. Link to Post #269
    United States Avalon Member Whiskey_Mystic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,200 times in 1,024 posts

The Mandela Effect is a riddle that has my attention. I worked on the first Berenstain Bears children's game/multimedia. Stan and Jan were still alive at that time. I knew exactly how their name was spelled because I animated the words and letters in Macromedia Director. But I thought, well maybe my memory is not so good. Maybe it always was that way. (this was in 1995, so that tells me that whatever has happened has happened since then)

But once I came across Dolly Had Braces, I knew something was up. My memory is very clear on that.

I have no working theory on what is causing this, though I've listened to many. But here is what is most fascinating about this to me.

I had always assumed that if our timeline changed, or if we found ourselves in a new one, or whatever has happened.... I assumed that our memories would change to match. The fact that we are able to have memories that are not in synch with our continuum tells me that I have no idea how any of this works.

Also,a friend of mine has completely different memories of Tiananmen Square than what happened in my memory. So two different histories can coincide in memories in this continuum. Are we from different timelines? If so, where is my friend who shared this timeline with me when that event happened?

People will be getting stoned and talking about this over Jack in the Box munchie meals for a long time.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Mystic; 20th May 2017 at 14:52.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." -Li Po

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskey_Mystic For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), DNA (21st May 2017), Foxie Loxie (30th May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2017), skogvokter (21st May 2017), TargeT (20th May 2017), thunder24 (20th May 2017)

19. Link to Post #270
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    I laid it all down in this post here and eventually convinced myself beyond any shadow of a doubt that this particular mandela effect isn't real.
    No, I agree.. the mind is so malleable you can't even really trust your own memories.

I'm about the most skeptical person I know, so I try and jump in these rabbit holes from time to time.. I mis-remember a few things that line up with this thread so it's fun to participate, but I don't see it as very real either.

I think CERN and the hutcheson effect would be a far more interesting place to expend mental energy.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

BMJ (20th May 2017), Bob (5th August 2017), DNA (21st May 2017)

21. Link to Post #271
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,697 times in 640 posts

I remember the bridge over the river kwai

The book says Over but now the films says On.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

BMJ (29th May 2017), DNA (29th May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017)

23. Link to Post #272
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

The Mandela Effect discussed on BBC Radio Four now less...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pdy0f

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

BMJ (29th May 2017), DNA (29th May 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017), sunwings (29th May 2017), Whiskey_Mystic (25th June 2017)

25. Link to Post #273
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Mandela Effect Goes Mainstream on Fox News

The Mandela Effect goes mainstream to the masses via Fox News.

As you would expect Fox MSM pulled a phd out their hat whom can debunk anything and could probably convince you that coffee tasting good is some type of psychological disorder.

But at the end of the video they seem to admit that the Mandela Effect could be the result of soul movement between timelines.
    Last edited by BMJ; 5th August 2017 at 03:01.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

DNA (5th August 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017)

27. Link to Post #274
    Thanks

Mandela Effect - eBay

Was it "eBay" or "ebay"?

Well my ebay page is titled as "ebay", but by bookmarked ebay page is saved as "eBay", when I open a new tab to view ebay the tab is named as "eBay". It seems my Firefox browser is experiencing the Mandela Effect, oh dear the plot thinks.

I might need to speak to the phd in the previous video I am sure he will be able straighten this out for me.
    Last edited by BMJ; 5th August 2017 at 02:56.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

DNA (5th August 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017)

29. Link to Post #275
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Again and again, I won't write it often enough until someone else reacts: i have yet to see any of the Mandela effect in French!!!

Up to now, no mandela effect in the French speakin g world.

I am coming to the conclusion that it is an experiment targetting the anglo world and culture.

In which case it would have nothing to do with Cern, but everything with a new cia/nsa/other agency experiment.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

bennycog (5th August 2017), Bob (5th August 2017), DNA (5th August 2017), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2017), gaiagirl (5th August 2017), meat suit (5th August 2017), Milo (5th August 2017), muxfolder (7th August 2017)

31. Link to Post #276
    North Korea Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Again and again, I won't write it often enough until someone else reacts: i have yet to see any of the Mandela effect in French!!!

Up to now, no mandela effect in the French speakin g world.

I am coming to the conclusion that it is an experiment targetting the anglo world and culture.

In which case it would have nothing to do with Cern, but everything with a new cia/nsa/other agency experiment.
    The CIA has always had a significant interest in False Memory Syndrome.

However cannot agree with your "anglo theory"

I personally know of people in South America & Asia but also French speaking Canada and Switzerland, who claims to be experiencing the Mandela effect.

The Mandela effect seems to be a world wide phenomenon.

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)

Was it "eBay" or "ebay"?

Well my ebay page is titled as "ebay", but by bookmarked ebay page is saved as "eBay", when I open a new tab to view ebay the tab is named as "eBay". It seems my Firefox browser is experiencing the Mandela Effect, oh dear the plot thinks.

I might need to speak to the phd in the previous video I am sure he will be able straighten this out for me.
    Ebay has gone through a lower case re-branding of their logo. This has little to do with the Mandela effect and more to do with marketing. Other big companies which have done this, include facebook, google, virgin atlantic, addidas, sears & so on. It's just plain boring marketing.
    Last edited by Milo; 5th August 2017 at 07:04.

32. Link to Post #277
    Thanks

Well Milo your wrong, and the point stands regarding "eBay" versus "ebay".

Quote: In September 2012, eBay introduced a new logo set in Univers,[29] installed on the website on October 10, 2012.

1995–2012

2012–present

As to the Mandela Effect being some CIA operation Flash I doubt it and just because you have not seen evidence of the Mandela Effect does not mean that it is fake.

If you have proof that it is a CIA operation Flash then shows us?

Because constantly repeating your opinion that the Mandela Effect is fake does not constitute proof.
    Last edited by BMJ; 5th August 2017 at 21:00.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

DNA (5th August 2017)

34. Link to Post #278
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

BMJ I never said the mandela effect was fake, never ever. Where have you taken that?

I said that i have not seen any in the French culture and language. Period. But i did in the English language (which I did not write in my nearby post, but on previous ones further up). Therefore, it tells me that it may not be due to Cern but to other things. I presumed these other things could be for a test, done by any of 3 letters or more letters agencies.

Gosh, read properly before accusing or to avoid misinterpretation.

I thought I was quite clear.

So I repeat once again; I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY MANDELA EFFECT IN THE FRENCH LANGUAGE OR THE FRENCH CULTURE.

What does that mean? is there a Mandela effect in Spanish? in Portuguese? in German??? if so, please members of those languages and cultures, tell us. If not, if there is no Mandela effect in other languages and cultures, what does it tell us?

-----------------------

Milo, you write you heard from people in other languages and cultures who have experienced the Mandela effect. What exactly did they notice, it would be interesting to compare notes. And the real question is: did they experienced the Mandela effect in English, even if they are French, or in French? Or in an Asian language or in English? Since I did see it in English, but not in French personnally.

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Well Milo your wrong, and the point stands regarding "eBay" versus "ebay".

Quote: In September 2012, eBay introduced a new logo set in Univers,[29] installed on the website on October 10, 2012.

1995–2012

2012–present

As to the Mandela Effect being some CIA operation Flash I doubt it and just because you have not seen evidence of the Mandela Effect does not mean that it is fake.

If you have proof that it is a CIA operation Flash then shows us?

Because constantly repeating your opinion that the Mandela Effect is fake does not constitute proof.
    Last edited by Flash; 6th August 2017 at 05:22.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DNA (6th August 2017), Milo (6th August 2017)

36. Link to Post #279
    North Korea Unsubscribed
    Thanks

BMJ, you cannot see that the old logo is not all lower case?

I'm sorry, but you are in the wrong here. In 2012, as you also point out, eBay re-branded their logo to all lower case.

From 1995-2012 their logo was ebaY
    From 2012-present their logo is ebay(all lower case)

As for the eBay, with a capital B, argument.
    It's always been written in plain text as eBay and will continue to do so.
    Logo's and plain text company names are two very different things.

xxxxxxxxxxxReply-To-Flashxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Everyone I've discussed this "Mandela effect" with, FIRST experienced it in English. I.e heard or read about it in English, then applied it to their own language and culture.

Surely, everyone knows about the Mandela Effect in Disney's Snow White.

Mirror mirror on the wall vs Magic mirror on the wall.

Well in Germanic and Slavic languages it is in fact Mirror Mirror on the wall and not Magic mirror on the wall in the Disney movie. So why is that? It's most likely because in the original Snow White story, written by the Grimm Brothers, it was in fact mirror mirror on the wall and not magic mirror on the wall. Thus this lead to two conclusions.

The Mandela effect could be a linguistic problem

Or

The Mandela effect could be a memory problem.

As I said in the previous post, the CIA is very interested in the False Memory Syndrome. Heck even the False Memory Syndrome Foundation has ties to project MKULTRA. It is possible the CIA is involved in the Mandela Effect, however I have yet to see strong evidence to suggest this. If you have some, please do share.
    Last edited by Milo; 6th August 2017 at 07:08.

37. Link to Post #280
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milo (here)
    BMJ, you cannot see that the old logo is not all lower case?

I'm sorry, but you are in the wrong here. In 2012, as you also point out, eBay re-branded their logo to all lower case.

From 1995-2012 their logo was ebaY
    From 2012-present their logo is ebay(all lower case)

As for the eBay, with a capital B, argument.
    It's always been written in plain text as eBay and will continue to do so.
    Logo's and plain text company names are two very different things.
    Historically the ebay logo has always been all lower case. It was never rebranded to lower case ebay. The argument is the logo was once until recently eBay with an upper case "B" and unfortunately you did not understand that this was the Mandela Effect that was being portrayed and explained in the video.
    Last edited by BMJ; 7th August 2017 at 05:02.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst 1 4 14 24 25 LastLast