+ Reply to Thread

Thread: State of Surveillance with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (FULL EPISODE)

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default State of Surveillance with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (FULL EPISODE)

When the whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed the massive surveillance program of the US government in 2013 , he launched a fierce debate about privacy and security. This debate has reached a turning point this year when Apple refused to help the FBI to crack the iPhone to one of the attackers of the attack of San Bernardino.

During that time , journalists and activists find themselves increasingly monitored. To try to understand how the US government works and what it can do to protect themselves , VICE founder Shane Smith, went to meet him in Moscow by which all began, Edward Snowden.

The full episode of VICE on HBO's 'State of Surveillance' is available to stream for free on VICE News.

https://news.vice.com/fr/article/tou...edward-snowden

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Aurelius (20th June 2016), Cidersomerset (1st March 2017), justntime2learn (20th June 2016), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), Star Tsar (19th June 2016), Stephanie (20th June 2016), Tintin (15th January 2019), WhiteLove (20th June 2016), ZooLife (19th June 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

Default Re: State of Surveillance with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (FULL EPISODE)

Quote Posted by Gaia (here)
    When the whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed the massive surveillance program of the US government in 2013 , he launched a fierce debate about privacy and security. This debate has reached a turning point this year when Apple refused to help the FBI to crack the iPhone to one of the attackers of the attack of San Bernardino.

During that time , journalists and activists find themselves increasingly monitored. To try to understand how the US government works and what it can do to protect themselves , VICE founder Shane Smith, went to meet him in Moscow by which all began, Edward Snowden.

The full episode of VICE on HBO's 'State of Surveillance' is available to stream for free on VICE News.

I saw this segment, highly recommend the watch. He didn't say a lot more then what I already knew but HOW he said it made my ears perk up even more.

It doesn't take too much of a creative mind to see what the not so distant future is going to look like while listening to him.

I am holding out for a sea change on this.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st March 2017), Gaia (19th June 2016), Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), Star Tsar (19th June 2016), Stephanie (20th June 2016), Tintin (15th January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,488 times in 1,724 posts

Default Re: State of Surveillance with Edward Snowden and Shane Smith (FULL EPISODE)

Quote Posted by ZooLife (here)

I saw this segment, highly recommend the watch. He didn't say a lot more then what I already knew but HOW he said it made my ears perk up even more.

It doesn't take too much of a creative mind to see what the not so distant future is going to look like while listening to him.

I am holding out for a sea change on this.
    It used to be that citizens were private and corporations were public, not so much anymore. I agree with you this video is a must to watch!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaia For This Post:

Mad Hatter (23rd January 2017), sandy (20th June 2016), Tintin (15th January 2019), ZooLife (20th June 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

This needed bumping, I just watched it without knowledge of this thread..

Its a timely reminder for a lot going on currently.

eg: John Brennan is a lying bastard, who knew?

There is also a surveillance related series of 6 episodes in one video to be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1NdigJHP0 2h 45m, a little light entertainment perhaps..

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st March 2017), Linderlou (1st March 2017), Tintin (15th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread