+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst 1 11 21 61 63 LastLast

Thread: The UK Brexit vote to leave the EU

1. Link to Post #201
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

Default Re: The UK Brexit vote to leave the EU

I'm amazed by the sensation this has caused. I just saw our prime minister close to tears. Complete doomsday atmosphere.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016)

3. Link to Post #202
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Farage tells EU Parliament: 'You're not laughing now'

1 hour ago

Nigel Farage has told a session of the European Parliament that "the little people"
    had rejected "big politics" in order "to get their country back".

He said the UK now offered "a beacon of hope" across Europe for other countries
    that wanted to leave the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36650014

Published on 28 Jun 2016

NIGEL FARAGE was today booed in the European Parliament as he told members they’d
    never ‘had proper jobs’ and predicted Britain would not be the last member state to quit the EU

====================================================

Market turmoil eases after Brexit reaction

By David on 28 June 2016 GMT

The fact that this man has not resigned from politics shows how he has no shame whatsoever. But then, it’s George Osborne, so we already knew that.

Read more: Market turmoil eases after Brexit reaction

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36648630

Market pressure eases after Brexit rout

27 minutes ago

From the section Business

Pressure has eased on UK financial markets after two days of turmoil in the wake of
    the Brexit vote, with the FTSE 100 share index opening higher. In late morning
    trading, the index was up 2.4% at 6,128.32, while the FTSE 250 had gained 2.9%.

The FTSE 100 lost 5.6% in the previous two trading sessions, while the more UK-
    focused FTSE 250 had slumped 13.7%.

The pound also showed signs of recovery, rising 0.8% against the dollar to $1.3328.

The pound had risen as high as $1.50 shortly before the result of the vote became
    clear on Friday morning.But on Monday, the currency plunged to a 31-year low
    against the dollar, while some share trading was temporarily halted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36648630

ECB Blows €400billion on 'Brexit Black Friday' Bank Bailouts

By David on 28 June 2016 GMT Illuminati Criminals, Political Manipulation The Money Scam

‘Remember TARP, the Troubled Asset Relief Program that the US Congress
    approved to bail out banks and other companies during the Financial Crisis? $700
    billion were authorized, later reduced to $475 billion. The Treasury eventually
    dispersed $432 billion. I bring this up because the ECB bailed out the European
    banks with more than TARP, in just one day: on Brexit Black Friday.’

Read more: ECB Blows €400billion on ‘Brexit Black Friday’ Bank Bailouts

http://wolfstreet.com/2016/06/26/ecb...-bank-bailout/

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (28th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), raff (29th June 2016)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,047 times in 8,169 posts

All those angry youngsters could try dismantling what they really mean when they say the "un-educated" have screwed up their futures.

It's "un" something, but it's not "educated".
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

bluestflame (29th June 2016), Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), raff (29th June 2016)

7. Link to Post #204
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Now Britain faces ‘Coloured revolution’ as Soros moves to stop Brexit

The Saker June 27, 2016

By Nick Griffin

The people of Britain are about to become the next victims of the ‘Coloured Revolution’ tactics used by Washington and Brussels against democratically elected governments from Serbia to Syria, from Ukraine to Brazil.

Within a few days of the British electorate’s totally unforeseen (including by this author!) grass-roots decision to defy Establishment bullying and waves of MSM propaganda to vote for Brexit, the counter move of the globalists is already becoming clear.

First, a concerted attack on sterling and leading shares to apply financial pressure and justify the self-fulfilling prophesies of gloom and doom of the defeated Remain camp.

Second, massive psychological pressure organised by ‘civil society’ organisations, such as Avaaz masquerading as grass-roots social media protests but in fact funded by Foundations financed by George Soros. The spear-point of this propaganda campaign is at present the petition for a Second Referendum, which has already passed the three million mark, even when tens of thousands of bogus signatures have been identified and removed.

Third, the use of other ‘civil society’ groups, including SumOfUs and 38 Degrees, to conducted rolling polls of ‘progressive’ public opinion so as to ascertain which themes and attacks on Brexit will be the most effective. This is a key technique taught in ‘color revolution’ training course modelled on the proposals of Gene Sharp and now honed by John Carlane, liberal globalist former British Army officer turned head of the Peace Education and Training Repository.

Fourth, the mobilisation of crowds of angry and clearly violence-prone protesters in London and other key cities. Despite the fact that many on the British far-left campaigned for Brexit, gangs carrying Communist and anarchist flags are out on the streets. They are supposedly to defend ethnic minorities (many of whom in fact voted alongside their indigenous working class counterparts for Brexit) but have already been involved in attacks on known or suspected Brexiteers.

Fifth, the CIA/liberal elite’s retained propaganda corps of bought-and-paid-for journalists are lying and twisting flat out to exploit all the above. The aim is to frighten ‘soft’ Brexit voters into changing their minds and to build up momentum for a drive to use the autumn’s expected General Election as a de facto Second Referendum.

The purpose of this hybrid political war on the British majority is to derail the whole Brexit process and keep Britain in the EU (or at least to turn leaving into such a shambles that no other country will dare to follow suite).

This explains why Prime Minister Cameron has already broken his promise during the referendum that, in the event of a Leave vote, he would immediately trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty in order to set Brexit in motion. It is now blatantly obvious that the Europhile elite have no intention of allowing such a minor inconvenience as the democratically expressed will of the British people to disrupt the process of ‘ever closer Union’ or of the geo-political ‘necessity’ of keeping the EU united for the deepening confrontation with Russia.

In advance of last Thursday’s vote, the Brussels-rule camp pulled out all the stops, with multi-levelled frauds and the ruthless exploitation of the murder of Jo Cox looking certain to secure a manipulated but unquestionable Remain vote.

Despite the failure of the campaign, a vociferous minority of hardcore Europhiles, led at present by Tory grandee Lord Heseltine and ‘moderate’ Labour and LibDem MPs such as David Lammy and Tim Farron, are not going to accept the verdict of the referendum.

Instead, they are trying desperately to give the liberal elite the nerve and confidence for their biggest ever display of out-of-touch arrogance – denying the British people the right to have their Brexit decision implemented.

Will they get away with it? Or will the response of ordinary people as they realise what is going on be so outraged as to convince the Europhiles that, being already in a massive hole, it really is time to stop digging? I don’t know. I simply don’t know. But there is no doubt that this is their game plan. Don’t expect stability and certainty any time soon.

---------------------------------------

Quote The people of Britain are about to become the next victims of the ‘Coloured Revolution’ tactics used by Washington and Brussels against democratically elected governments from Serbia to Syria, from Ukraine to Brazil.
    ... that's following a template plan set afoot long before 1938 when it saw the light of day:

Quote Rakovsky appears to use the tactic of "deceiving with the truth." He wins trust by revealing the truth but leaves some out. He impresses his interrogator that he and Trotsky represent an invincible power he calls the "Capitalist-Communist Financial International."

He confirms that the "revolutionary movement" was designed to enlist support by pretending to serve mankind's moral and collective ideals. The real aim however is to give total world power to the bankers by dividing society and undermining established authority.

"Revolution" really means, "overturning" Western civilization.

"Christianity is our only real enemy since all the political and economic phenomena of the bourgeois states are only its consequences," Rakovsky, says. (All page citations from Griffin, Fourth Reich of the Rich, 1988, p. 264)

Peace is "counter-revolutionary" since it is war that paves the way for revolution.

Excerpted from "The Red Symphony" - "The Midnight Interrogation Jan. 26, 1938"
    ... doesn't help alleviate the mixed feelings I have about the whole thing...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

161803398 (28th June 2016), angelfire (29th June 2016), Ba-ba-Ra (28th June 2016), Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Ewan (28th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016), Soul Safari (29th June 2016)

9. Link to Post #205
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Yea-BUT !

Here's a scenario I dread.

The REMAIN crowd have got a Labor Party in tatters. It's mostly lefties who were remain, I think.

They could reconstitute the Labor Party as their own vehicle to take power in Westminster and stop the activation of Article 50.

How and why ?.... simple.

A huge number of traditional Labor voters voted for OUT. IF they are presented with a general election this autumn that is a choice between a Labor party committed to stopping BREXIT in it's tracks, and a Conservative Party committed to Brexit, I really don't think many of them will switch sides and vote Conservative for the first time in their lives.

edit to add:

Ask yourselves this question....

Exactly WHY did the Labor Party collapse in a heap as soon as the result was announced?

and.....

Nick Clegg ( Liberal Democrat ) has already been screaming from the rooftops for a general election BEFORE Brexit is activated.
    Hi Norman. I think you are confusing two different things: the Parliamentary Labour Party in rebellion against Corbyn, and the grassroots membership, which is hugely behind him – 60% backing him only 9 months ago; apparently many joined expressly in order to vote him in and the membership has increased massively since his election. The Labour Party has changed, returned to its roots, from being the Blairite-Thatcherite New Labour back to a party representing ordinary working people. That is why the party is now under attack, ahead of the Leave campaigners, and ahead of the present defeated government. Three or four days ago, I posted why I thought Corbyn was the man to lead a post-referendum UK. So I am very unsurprised that he should come under such heavy attack now.

Edit: wrong thread; or not.
    Last edited by araucaria; 28th June 2016 at 19:24.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

161803398 (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016)

11. Link to Post #206
    Thanks

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

I nearly made that post in this thread in the first place, anyway.

What we don't know IS, how many of those people who joined Labor to support Corbyn, are IN or OUT people.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

12. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016)

13. Link to Post #207
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

I nearly made that post in this thread in the first place, anyway.

What we don't know IS, how many of those people who joined Labor to support Corbyn, are IN or OUT people.
    Sure, but what we do know is that there are many many more grassroots people than elitists. That is mere pleonasm: what the words mean. The ‘trouble’ with a referendum is that every vote counts equally: once back to general elections and especially party politics, that is the notion that goes out of the window. The bottom line and ‘problem’ with the referendum is that there were more OUTs than INs – the only possible outcome if the EU is undemocratic, simply because every vote counts. If you ask the people in a democracy who is supposed to be in charge, they are going to say ‘We are’. And if that comes as a shock, then it is merely proof of your pseudo-democracy. A referendum smoothes out all the errors: kids too young to remember, old folks too old to understand the needs of youth, over-influential Londoners, under-influential nameless jobless nobodies; you can factor in all the hypocrites, the tactical voters, the protest voters and the Freudian slippers, but the end result establishes incontrovertibly that there is a democracy deficit: override it at your peril.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Ellisa (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), happyuk (29th June 2016), norman (1st July 2016)

15. Link to Post #208
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I agree with a lot you have said araucaria, but I think the problem is that if you allow the phrase "kids too young to remember" it should be followed by "folks too old to forget". There is a lot that old people still remember that would predispose them to vote against remaining in Europe, and I feel that these memories would be more real than a sort of vague failure to "understand the needs of youth". Perhaps if more than 40% of youth had voted the result may have been more to their liking.

However I agree wholeheartedly with your statement that overriding the the limit of democracy is not only perilous but also unpredictable. Hence this result becomes unsurprising!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

161803398 (29th June 2016), Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), KiwiElf (29th June 2016)

17. Link to Post #209
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

All those angry youngsters could try dismantling what they really mean when they say the "un-educated" have screwed up their futures.

It's "un" something, but it's not "educated".
    Youngsters are quick to forget their history!
    Attached Images  

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), norman (1st July 2016), sheme (29th June 2016)

19. Link to Post #210
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I voted to get out to save our kids- we have lost enough young lives on the fields of Europe, they can make their money with their own perspiration blood and fury.
    Proposed New EU army kept hidden from electors until the day after vote, I am proud to say Iv'e helped UK get out of WW111 front line- Damn their blood lust- may their contempt for our freedom consume them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-RDqrHWQw

20. Link to Post #211
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

Thumbs up Re: The UK Brexit vote to leave the EU

The Kev Baker Show

Chris Everard & UKIP Insider - The Shocking Truth Behind The BREXIT Conspiracy

Published 29/6/2016

Join Chris Everard & A UKIP insider to learn about the shocking truth behind the BREXIT conspiracy.

Last edited by Star Tsar; 29th June 2016 at 11:09.
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Baby Steps (29th June 2016), Cidersomerset (29th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016), sunwings (29th June 2016)

22. Link to Post #212
    Thanks

UK shares and pound continue to recover

38 minutes ago

UK shares and the pound have continued to regain some of the ground lost in the wake of the Brexit vote.

After rising 2.6% on Tuesday, the FTSE 100 share index was up 2.1% at 6,271.48 by mid-morning.

The pound rose 0.3% against the dollar to $1.3383, although sterling still remains well below levels
    reached before the referendum.

Analysts also warned that the rally of the past couple of days might be short-lived.

"Stocks and the pound are continuing to firm but the post-Brexit reality will bite sooner or later,"
    said Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital.

"What we're seeing in the FTSE is hope in Britain being able to ride it out by remaining part of the
    single market. This looks like wishful thinking."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

Brexit: Spain and France oppose Scotland EU talks

1 hour ago

The French president and Spanish prime minister have both said they are opposed
    to the EU negotiating potential membership for Scotland.Spanish premier Mariano
    Rajoy said he "believes everyone is extremely against it" and that "if the UK leaves,
    Scotland leaves". President Francois Hollande of France insisted the EU would make
    no advance deal with Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36656980

===================================================

Published on 29 Jun 2016

The Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been in Brussels today, meeting
    with European leaders. Sturgeon wants to keep Scotland in the EU, hinting that to
    achieve that, another referendum on Scottish independence from the UK could be
    held. RT's Peter Oliver has more.

RT LIVE http://rt.com/on-air
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th June 2016 at 20:03.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

raff (29th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016)

24. Link to Post #213
    Thanks

Various speculative articles from the headline page....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

London Mayor Sadiq Khan demands more autonomy for pro-EU capital after Brexit

By David on 29 June 2016 GMT

=====================================================

RT NEWS....

London Mayor Sadiq Khan demands more autonomy for pro-EU capital after Brexit

Published time: 28 Jun, 2016 08:54

Edited time: 28 Jun, 2016 12:50

Short vid on link...
    https://www.rt.com/uk/348657-sadiq-k...ampaign=chrome

‘London Mayor Sadiq Khan has demanded more autonomy for Britain’s capital in
    the wake of the UK’s vote for Brexit last Thursday. His statement comes after a
    petition to make the capital an independent city-state attracted 175,000 signatures.
    Khan, who became London’s first Muslim mayor last month, told an audience of top
    business leaders that the city must “take back control.”

He said that he wants to protect the city’s “jobs, wealth and prosperity,” but
    dismissed the idea of making London an independent state.

“As much as I might like the idea of a London city state, I’m not seriously talking
    about independence today. I am not planning to install border points on the M25!,” he said.’

395815_332545716775768_100000610271289_1131533_1755510459_n-650x476-1-600x4392

Read more: London Mayor Sadiq Khan demands more autonomy for pro-EU capital after

https://www.rt.com/uk/348657-sadiq-k...ampaign=chrome

Britain Is Not Going to Leave The EU Anytime Soon

Britain Is Not Going to Leave The EU Anytime Soon
    June 29, 2016 / Gilad Atzmon

http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/2016...u-anytime-soon

‘No notification, no negotiation’: EU officials banned from Brexit talks with Britain

Jun 28, 2016

http://rinf.com/alt-news/newswire/no...-with-britain/

Tories 'Strong Economic Medicine', Greater Austerity Following UK Brexit Vote

Tories “Strong Economic Medicine”, Greater Austerity Following UK Brexit Vote
    By Stephen Lendman

Global Research, June 28, 2016

http://www.globalresearch.ca/tories-...t-vote/5533212

34 Separate Referendums Called For Across Europe as Backlash Against the EU Spreads

By David on 29 June 2016 GMT Activism, Political Manipulation

Mail online.....

'Britain got the first shot in': French far-right leader Marine Le Pen says 'politicians
    are afraid' amid calls for THIRTY FOUR separate EU referendums across Europe
    Eurosceptic parties across continent will now demand their own OUT poll
    Italy's 5-Star movement has called for a referendum on retaining the euro
    France's Marine Le Pen said today Brexit was 'victory for democracy'
    Hungary's Viktor Orban has called a referendum on the influx of refugees

By Chris Summers For Mailonline

Political parties across the Europe have called for some 34 seperate referendums on
    both membership of the EU and the Eurozone in a backlash against the European
    Union following the UK’s Brexit vote.

Read more: 34 Separate Referendums Called For Across Europe as Backlash
    Against the EU Spreads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ferendums.html

A survey by the Pew Research Center suggested that Poland is the most
    enthusiastic member of the EU

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4Cy2LrcPh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th June 2016 at 11:36.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Baby Steps (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), GaelVictor (30th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016), Star Tsar (29th June 2016)

26. Link to Post #214
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,315 times in 279 posts

I didn't realise what a big deal this was at first. But today I felt a real sense of relief. Everyone are looking so miserable something right must be happening.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enola For This Post:

161803398 (29th June 2016), norman (29th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016)

28. Link to Post #215
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

French Would Vote to Leave EU if Frexit Referendum Took Place

Sputnik Europe 14:38 29.06.2016
    (updated 15:48 29.06.2016)

In an article for Le Figaro, French journalist and author Maxime Tandonnet recalled that a recent poll revealed that 61 percent of the French were reserved towards the European Union.

The author sees the Brexit vote as a protest against the technocratic Europe and as a referendum for democracy. "Everyone knows it but no one says it. If a similar vote was held in France the results would be the same," he wrote.

A recent survey in France revealed that 61 percent of the respondents were reserved towards the EU. This fact should be considered as a protest against the European bureaucracy that ignores the interests of various European nations. The discontent has been deepened by the refugee crisis and a Turkey-EU deal on migrants.

The so-called "Frexit" has been actively discussed in France after the results of the British vote were revealed. Leader of the National Front party, Marine Le Pen was quick to propose a referendum on France’s membership in the EU.

"I'll be Madame Frexit if the European Union doesn't give us back our monetary, legislative, territorial and budget sovereignty," she said.

"The Brexit vote was a response to the blindness of the EU political and economic elite. Since the Maastricht Treaty was signed in 1992 Brussels has been responding in the same manner to the discontent of Europeans. It means more federalism, more bureaucracy, more regulations, and more rules by the European Court," Tandonnet pointed out.

The results of the vote are a protest against the hegemony of political elite ignoring people’s needs, he added. World leaders and European officials warned Britons over economic turmoil and isolation but they could not make people change their mind.

In this context, the French are not that difficult from the British. In 2005, France said no to the EU centralization at a referendum on the European constitution. The British government took the risk and asked a question to the people. In fact, the Britons voted on behalf of all European nations.

"Brussels and European media would try to reduce the British vote to populism and the far-right ideology. And the response will once again be 'more Europe' and 'more integration'. The political elite would insist that Brexit is a good chance for the federal Europe," the article read.

According to the author, the essential meaning of Brexit is not about nationalism and isolationism but about preserving democracy from the "imperialism of the Brussels bureaucracy." "Britain is the birthplace of parliamentarian democracy. By voting to leave the EU, the British people stood for sovereignty and democracy," Tandonnet noted.

However, France, like Britain or any other EU nation sees the common European history and common cultural values.

"Any of these countries is interested in being united. Europeans are not again the existence of a union in Europe. They are against the dictate of regulations and norms ignoring people’s will. Brexit is a vote for democracy," he concluded.

Earlier, renowned French political thinker Bernard-Henri Levy also suggested that France would vote to withdraw from the EU if it held a referendum.

"If there was a referendum in France, they would probably vote to exit," he said in an interview with Daily Telegraph.

According to the philosopher, the integration project has been undermined by bureaucrats who have turned Europe into a place with no room for "dreams and ideas and values."

"One of the problems of Europe — which is the explanation for this populist reaction like a Brexit — is that this Europe is not desired any longer. And it does not create desire. This is because the pattern it shows is so sad, so grey, so technical and so technocratic," Levy said.

Related:
    Le Pen: Hollande Says 'Non' to Frexit Referendum
    Polish PM: France, Germany Unable to Offer Strategies to EU After Brexit
    Renzi, Hollande Call For Reforming EU After Brexit

-----------------------------------------------------

With the quoting of "philosopher" Bernard-Henri Lévy, the mixed feelings about the whole thing came back when considering Levy's "friends":

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Alain Soral – World pedophile rings? Protected by politicians and judges?
    [...]
    Psychopath Bernard-Henry Lévy said publicly that paedophilia has become a “taboo”, and that people should stop labeling “different behavior” as “bad”. (Sick pervert!)
    [...]
    ... Bernard-Henry Lévy is also the guy who claims Dieudonné to be an anti-semite but goes to Ukraine to support the fascists' coup... go figure... pure, no-shame psychopathy!

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (1st July 2016), animovado (30th June 2016), avid (29th June 2016), Baby Steps (29th June 2016), Bill Ryan (29th June 2016), Eram (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016), KiwiElf (29th June 2016), PathWalker (29th June 2016), Rollo (29th June 2016), Sophocles (29th June 2016)

30. Link to Post #216
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The Prison Of Peoples - France's Le Pen Calls For European 'Spring'

by Tyler Durden Jun 29, 2016 11:15 AM

Marine Le Pen writes a powerful argument for nationalism and the end of the EU in the New York Times:
    The European Union has become a prison of peoples.
    Each of the 28 countries that constitute it has slowly lost its democratic prerogatives to commissions and councils with no popular mandate. Every nation in the union has had to apply laws it did not want for itself. Member nations no longer determine their own budgets. They are called upon to open their borders against their will.

Countries in the eurozone face an even less enviable situation. In the name of ideology, different economies are forced to adopt the same currency, even if doing so bleeds them dry. It’s a modern version of the Procrustean bed, and the people no longer have a say.

And what about the European Parliament? It’s democratic in appearance only, because it’s based on a lie: the pretense that there is a homogeneous European people, and that a Polish member of the European Parliament has the legitimacy to make law for the Spanish. We have tried to deny the existence of sovereign nations. It’s only natural that they would not allow being denied.

Brexit wasn’t the European people’s first cry of revolt.
    In 2005, France and the Netherlands held referendums about the proposed European Union constitution. In both countries, opposition was massive, and other governments decided on the spot to halt the experiment for fear the contagion might spread. A few years later, the European Union constitution was forced on the people of Europe anyway, under the guise of the Lisbon Treaty. In 2008, Ireland, also by way of referendum, refused to apply that treaty. And once again, a popular decision was brushed aside.

When in 2015 Greece decided by referendum to reject Brussels’ austerity plans, the European Union’s antidemocratic response took no one by surprise: To deny the people’s will had become a habit. In a flash of honesty, the president of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, unabashedly declared, “There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties.”

Brexit may not have been the first cry of hope, but it may be the people’s first real victory.
    With eloquent nationalist leaders like her, Viktor Orban, and Matteo Salvini, among others there is reason to believe it will not be the last one. The EU is immoral, unnatural, anti-democratic, and evil. The sooner it collapses, the better off everyone will be.

The globalists are the Nazis of the 30s and 40s and the Communists of the Cold War. They are the enemy of Man. As Le Pen aptly notes, "more and more, the destiny of the European Union resembles the destiny of the Soviet Union, which died from its own contradictions."
    One thing is certain: Britain’s departure from the European Union will not make the union more democratic. The hierarchical structure of its supranational institutions will want to reinforce itself: Like all dying ideologies, the union knows only how to forge blindly ahead. The roles are already cast — Germany will lead the way, and France will obligingly tag along.

Here is a sign: President François Hollande of France, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi of Italy and acting Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy of Spain take their lead directly from Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, without running through Brussels. A quip attributed to Henry Kissinger, “Who do I call if I want to call Europe?” now has a clear answer: Call Berlin.

So the people of Europe have but one alternative left: to remain bound hand-and-foot to a union that betrays national interests and popular sovereignty and that throws our countries wide open to massive immigration and arrogant finance, or to reclaim their freedom by voting.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (29th June 2016), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2016)

32. Link to Post #217
    Thanks

RT- Kerry said "There are ways to roll back the Brexit result", "We can walk it back" says Kerry. Damn them again- who's going to Londinium To resist this foreign interference - dictatorship. How bloody dare they! I'm going to fetch my balls back if I have to.

33. Link to Post #218
    Thanks

Here we go - Americas reason to "help" the " EU Remains." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfDTqYr7Ww

Remember to stay gray peeps.
    Last edited by sheme; 29th June 2016 at 18:06.

34. Link to Post #219
    Thanks

CrossTalk on Brexit: EU implosion?

Published on 29 Jun 2016

Post-Brexit realities and challenges: What will the European Union do now – reform
    itself or double down? Will Brussels take on what is called the democracy deficit?
    And is there such a thing as an amicable political divorce? CrossTalking with Liam
    Halligan, Mary Dejevsky, and George Szamuely.

==================================================
    ==================================================

Corbyn to face Labour leadership challenge from Angela Eagle

17 minutes ago
    From the section UK Politics

Angela Eagle is believed to have the support of the 51 MPs and MEPs needed to
    mount a challenge. Angela Eagle will challenge Jeremy Corbyn for the Labour
    leadership on Thursday, the BBC has been told.It is understood the former shadow
    business secretary has the support of the 51 MPs needed to mount a challenge.
    Ms Eagle is one of 20 members of the shadow cabinet to have quit since Sunday,
    which led to MPs passing a motion of no confidence in Mr Corbyn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36667795

Nigel Farage We need to trigger article 50 now

Published on 28 Jun 2016
    (28TH JUN 2016) Subscribe for more Nigel Farage content.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 29th June 2016 at 21:15.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Akasha (1st July 2016), norman (29th June 2016), raff (29th June 2016), sheme (29th June 2016), Star Tsar (29th June 2016)

36. Link to Post #220
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be amazing if the EU instructed every member state to have an exit referendum, and we could see, for sure, who wants to be IN and who wants to be OUT.

There might no longer be a Euro-Dream for the remain crowd to shout about.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

sheme (29th June 2016), sunwings (29th June 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst 1 11 21 61 63 LastLast