Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am everyone...and everyone is me

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,973 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: I am everyone...and everyone is me

Unconditional love for everyone.

We're growing into that. This thread helps promote our evolution.

Thank you!
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

animovado (2nd July 2016), betoobig (2nd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (2nd July 2016), Star Mariner (4th July 2016), ulli (2nd July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), Wind (2nd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member loc333's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not gonna add much to your thread but thanks...ive known for a while you have to have unconditional love..for all..and when someone proves that . I had a tear in my eye..of hope that we might be going in the right direction ..thanks loc333

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loc333 For This Post:

betoobig (2nd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (2nd July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,639 times in 8,858 posts

Quote Posted by seah (here)
    to live as 'one' in a duality realm such as ours is an impossibility, and to even introduce it into our frame of reference is setting us up to feel defeated when unattainable, and who introduced it, but religious leaders, so that having failed, we would shuffle on over to hand our power away. I apologize if this pov hits a tender spot but it is unfortunately the reality as I see it.

"we are not hateful", dear OP, a branch of those we live with are hateful, and "we" best make this knowledge what we breathe day in and day out, or "we" will be plundered.
    Sorry but I think you are mistaken to believe that living in non-duality is impossible in this world.

Here are links to two threads that give testimonials from some ordinary people who are living that life.

Chris

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...of-what-occurs...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1077840
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

animovado (2nd July 2016), betoobig (2nd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (2nd July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), Wind (2nd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 times in 1,233 posts

If I may share a little story from a few years ago, though unfortunately language will be a major hindrance to clarity.

Back in 2004, for a brief period of time as I looked around the world I lived in every person I saw was recognised as at least a friend, more often a member of family. I literally looked at strangers and recognised them as family members. They were just people walking down the street as I drove along the road. As I glanced at them I had various intuitions, 'That's my cousin Susan!', 'There's Uncle Jack!', 'That's my friend Dave!'. (That last one a childhood friend I had not seen for over 10 years).

This is difficult to explain. It wasn't an inner dialogue. I wasn't saying these things to myself. It was a recognition, an acknowedgement. All these complete strangers, of different culture and ethnicity, were a part of my close circle. The whole world of humanity was my family.

I dearly wish I could spend each and every day in just such a state of mind.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2016), animovado (2nd July 2016), betoobig (3rd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (2nd July 2016), Star Mariner (4th July 2016), ulli (2nd July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), Wind (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 times in 377 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    Serenite, You are engaging a paradox here. Should we be tolerant of the intolerant? Should we blind ourselves to that intolerance and vote them into office, for example? Do you, as a woman, want them to adopt your way of life or vice versa?
    I understand what you mean AutumnW.

To be tolerant of others views, when making choices...do we accept their intolerance and not stand for what we believe, or be intolerant ourselves and stand up for our principles...

Its a fine line I guess.

Me personally, I am tolerant of the intolerant as I respect everyone has differing outlooks and purposes in life. It doesn't mean I agree with their ways of life or their morals and values, But it means I respect that is their choice and they are playing out those choices through their own free will...and that is nothing to do with me.

I don't vote anyone in or out of office for this reason. Never have. That and the fact the faces we are given a 'choice' to vote for are only puppets for the same master. But that's digressing

Me as a woman (or a man if I was one) I don't wish anyone to adopt my way of life, unless its the life they choose. And likewise I won't ever adopt anyone's way of life if I don't feel happy with their choices...this includes establishments and organisations too, not just people. I refuse to be controlled but equally do not wish to control others.

This is really the overall point I'm making I guess. Everyone getting along isn't about adopting each others ways of life, or expecting people to follow suit...its about respecting everyone is unique and different and just because their path isn't one we would take, it doesn't have to divide us.

And that when you strip us all back, take away the ingrained religious beliefs, the 'isms' we have had drummed into us by external factors whilst growing up, the brain washing of the media...take away all those issues we develop from outside influences that are not truly us...and look at who we all really are, our DNA, our true souls...we are all connected at some level.

Each to their own so long as no harm is done

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

betoobig (3rd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Star Mariner (4th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), Wind (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Agape (here)
    One evening when I was walking around the temple in Namgyal monastery , like many other evenings , many people walking in rounds,
    monks and lay visitors of each evening , young and old, praying , walking quietly in sober contemplation about the day , self , the world , the events ..

sharing quiet greetings and prayers offered for all ...

especially the many, countless victims of the worlds wars and disasters

many evenings that went just quiet . Not many people around .

I watched my teachers back and the senior nun doing prostrations , her ankles bound to hold in position , hands dressed in wooden planks to slide smoothly on the marble floor

a girl from New York , sweating under similar ordeal on the other side of the temple yard .

I want to understand .. about everyone and everything.

And then I see myself in all these people and it being one long path ..

man like baby keeps crawling on the ground , rising to his heights and falling down to the feet of majestic wisdom of Life

rising and falling, being born anew in the beauty of child and ageing through the nerves of experience

Somehow, I saw the Time as it revolves in All of Us through eternal cycle .

I saw that many times, many Ways.

It's an amazing experience

This puzzle comes from 1977 when I was about 4 years old . Somehow I protected it from being taken from me ...

many of my generation of kids say that they could /we could feel the internet coming , we also probably just felt naturally, similarly about the world and greater interconnectedness of things .

It needs to come yet ... Bigger Ways...

Perfect

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

betoobig (3rd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

[/QUOTE]Greybeard
    It takes time to understand non-duality in its entirety and thats the context im coming from and im still learning but respecting the differences is not about condoning violence.
    People can be educated out of their ignorance and fear. True we are living in very violent times, people suffer great hardship and cruelty.
    However out of that comes compassion and real help from those are able to.
    When the understanding is there that the same creator lives in the other how can you harm anyone--they are the same as you.--thats the essence of non-duality and the teachings of Jesus--Love thy neighbor as yourself.

Easier said than done of course.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Thank you for putting this perfectly in words I find hard to find sometimes

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

betoobig (3rd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,269 times in 1,829 posts

Every decision we make comes down to love or fear. We have the choice every minute to act out of love or fear, it's as simple as that, but not always easy.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

animovado (2nd July 2016), betoobig (3rd July 2016), Ewan (2nd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Leon Kovalyov (3rd July 2016), Rich (29th August 2016), seah (2nd July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), Wind (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 times in 319 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    to live as 'one' in a duality realm such as ours is an impossibility, and to even introduce it into our frame of reference is setting us up to feel defeated when unattainable, and who introduced it, but religious leaders, so that having failed, we would shuffle on over to hand our power away. I apologize if this pov hits a tender spot but it is unfortunately the reality as I see it.

"we are not hateful", dear OP, a branch of those we live with are hateful, and "we" best make this knowledge what we breathe day in and day out, or "we" will be plundered.
    Sorry but I think you are mistaken to believe that living in non-duality is impossible in this world.

Here are links to two threads that give testimonials from some ordinary people who are living that life.

Chris

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...of-what-occurs...

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1077840
    You have misinterpreted what I said, Chris, but so be it, only don't be repeating your words as my own.

I work very hard at living in non duality, some days I do well, others, I fail, but I do not live as one, nor do I live in love and light, loving everyone unconditionally.
    I am in a mortal body having a human experience, my life is poetry to me. I don't want to be anywhere else but here, or be anyone else than who I am at this moment.
    “a complete understanding of reality lies beyond the capabilities of rational thought."
    ― Gary Zukav

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seah For This Post:

betoobig (3rd July 2016), greybeard (2nd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

I'm trying so very hard to give that oneness more space in my life!

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be impossible to share everything with each other, even misconceptions and feelings based on fear, if we weren't already one?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to animovado For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2016), betoobig (3rd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,797 times in 3,559 posts

I work very hard at living in non duality, some days I do well, others, I fail, but I do not live as one, nor do I live in love and light, loving everyone unconditionally.
    I am in a mortal body having a human experience, my life is poetry to me. I don't want to be anywhere else but here, or be anyone else than who I am at this moment.

As stated in the great Tao-te-ting , Book about the Tao and the Way ..

''Heavens do not show mercy to its creatures . Creation is to heaven as much as sacrificial straw dog .

Therefor , the wise man too does not show mercy to creatures . They're to him as much as sacrificial straw dog .

The wise man helps without saying , accomplishes his aims without acting , reaches Onness through non-engaging . For it's by becoming nothing we become One

while through an action we split in manifold ways and directions.''

The old times keep dying and people turn sad ... it's inevitable . Truth may liberate you or it may kill you depending on which side you look from.

The burden of proof is upon us ...

this world starts looking like giant battlefield to me and i am so peace loving creature .

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

betoobig (3rd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member Sammy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,468 times in 5,154 posts

I "think" (for what it's worth) that for the individual it all boils down to the individual's core, foundational world view and then the attitude that individual chooses.

Of course, I should only say this for myself, but in my operational protocol the above view is one of my primary current operational assumptions.

My world view is best described by the term "monistic idealism" and my attitude is pretty darn positive of late.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Post:

Agape (2nd July 2016), animovado (2nd July 2016), betoobig (3rd July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), william r sanford72 (3rd July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 times in 489 posts

This thread brought to my mind the book I am reading, actually recommended by one of our Avalon members and so glad I did. Its a syfy series unlike anything you have ever read. An Emissary comes to Earth( called Shikasta) in the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of years ago and begins to jot notes and reports regarding the civilizations and species that is compiled in a massive library on the Canopus planet. All the inhabitants originate from a planet called Canopus. So all the humans know, including the animals,they are from pure spirit , the oneness that you have all talked about in this thread. There is reverence and honor of the Creator. Anyway, the story quickly unfolds about why and how the negative energy destroyed all that. These were people who had no understanding of fear, suspicion or hate. Think of that!! And they were Giants! The author follows a long series of how Shikasta became infected and how detrimental it was on so many levels of the pure being. It will rock you because it is all close to home, what we are experiencing in this lifetime.
    First book is Shikasta by Doris Lessing. She has 4 books to follow:The Marriages between Zones 3,4,5, the Sirian Experiments, The Making of the Representatives for the Planet, and the Sentimental Agents in the Volyen Empire.
    She was a prolific writer of fiction in the U.K. for years. Suddenly she was compelled to write at age 59 these books. She has died but lived to 94 and people were aghast she wrote so differently in the autumn of her life. I have to wonder why she changed gears. The syfy writing is so intense complex and detailed as if she is reliving a life then or is receiving high self info.

I am skeptical about the nuance of DNA regarding our ancestry though from the other threads. How can anyone possibly know the soul consciousness memory of past lives?
    Last edited by bettye198; 3rd July 2016 at 19:47.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

betoobig (4th July 2016), Ewan (4th July 2016), joeecho (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

If I am everyone and everyone is I then there is no distinction between 'me' and everything and all ideas would be one idea, the idea itself.

28. Link to Post #35
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,639 times in 8,858 posts

There are different, separate levels (energy) in the scheme of things. Basically there is relative truth and Absolute Truth--The Godhead --for want of a better way of putting it.
    The formless manifests as form---the One becomes the many and forgets it self.
    Just a question of respecting the level we find ourself in.
    Yet be aware that this, the body, the identity as persona,-the world, is a temporary home--situation.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

betoobig (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), Star Mariner (4th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), Wind (5th July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

30. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,519 times in 1,674 posts

Thank you very much for the thread.

In the beginning, we all (spiritually) originated from the same place: Source. And we all originated (biologically) from the same place as well: the first Humans. So we really are all the same. One of the main goals to incarnating in this reality is to experience division and separation – and after many cycles to overcome both and recognise oneness.

As one of the subjects in the DNA experiment suggested, the test should perhaps be compulsory. Everyone should undergo this ancestor origin test. It would be the first step perhaps in widening human consciousness, and to embrace the nature that we are the same, we all came from the same place. We are merely divisions of the same cell.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Star Mariner For This Post:

betoobig (4th July 2016), greybeard (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016), Wind (5th July 2016), ZooLife (4th July 2016)

32. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,044 times in 1,963 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    There are different, separate levels (energy) in the scheme of things. Basically there is relative truth and Absolute Truth--The Godhead --for want of a better way of putting it.
    The formless manifests as form---the One becomes the many and forgets it self.
    Just a question of respecting the level we find ourself in.
    Yet be aware that this, the body, the identity as persona,-the world, is a temporary home--situation.

Chris
    Temporary home is a misnomer as nothing temporary can be a home, however, one can leave home without ever leaving home.

Know you are home even when every fiber of your senses are screaming that you are not. No ruby slippers required.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

animovado (5th July 2016), betoobig (5th July 2016), greybeard (4th July 2016), Sérénité (5th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016)

34. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    This thread brought to my mind the book I am reading, actually recommended by one of our Avalon members and so glad I did. Its a syfy series unlike anything you have ever read. An Emissary comes to Earth( called Shikasta) in the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of years ago and begins to jot notes and reports regarding the civilizations and species that is compiled in a massive library on the Canopus planet. All the inhabitants originate from a planet called Canopus. So all the humans know, including the animals,they are from pure spirit , the oneness that you have all talked about in this thread. There is reverence and honor of the Creator. Anyway, the story quickly unfolds about why and how the negative energy destroyed all that. These were people who had no understanding of fear, suspicion or hate. Think of that!! And they were Giants! The author follows a long series of how Shikasta became infected and how detrimental it was on so many levels of the pure being. It will rock you because it is all close to home, what we are experiencing in this lifetime.
    First book is Shikasta by Doris Lessing. She has 4 books to follow:The Marriages between Zones 3,4,5, the Sirian Experiments, The Making of the Representatives for the Planet, and the Sentimental Agents in the Volyen Empire.
    She was a prolific writer of fiction in the U.K. for years. Suddenly she was compelled to write at age 59 these books. She has died but lived to 94 and people were aghast she wrote so differently in the autumn of her life. I have to wonder why she changed gears. The syfy writing is so intense complex and detailed as if she is reliving a life then or is receiving high self info.

I am skeptical about the nuance of DNA regarding our ancestry though from the other threads. How can anyone possibly know the soul consciousness memory of past lives?
    I'm going to check these books out...thank you Bettye

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

betoobig (5th July 2016), ZooLife (6th July 2016)

36. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,742 times in 1,233 posts

Quote Posted by Sérénité (here)
    Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)

I'm going to check these books out...thank you Bettye
    I hope you do check them out, they're very valuable for jigsaw puzzle fans.

Here 's a link to that thread.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

betoobig (6th July 2016), Sérénité (6th July 2016)

38. Link to Post #40
    United States Avalon Member ozmirage's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 times in 340 posts

Partially furred, electrically powered water filled gas processing meatbags inhabited by multidimensional sentient beings have nothing to worry about in the long run. Meatbags break, and then it’s time to dwell among the interdimensional civil servants of the sovereign of the universe.
    Remember, try to be the kind of person you’d prefer to spend eternity with, rather than avoid.
    The secret of life is that there is no secret of life.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ozmirage For This Post:

betoobig (6th July 2016), Ewan (26th July 2016), Sérénité (6th July 2016), ulli (5th July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast