+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: EU President speaks of "leaders from other planets who are worried" in EU Congress

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks

Default Re: EU President speaks of "leaders from other planets who are worried" in EU Congress

I am predicting that the European Union will disolve before 2023! By then, more middle Eastern countries would have moved to Europe since the climate will become more and more unbearable in these parts of the world. Mass migration will soon appear to become common news. As more earthquakes and disasters hit planet Earth, including the ice melting of the poles, the earth axis will change further, as it did after Fukashima. By weakening Europe the way Britain has done it, it does not help the fate of what we call Europe today. Furthermore, the next 7 months will also display more of these sort of messages from officials. I know that there is a mandate involving other planetary diplomats wanting this information to become public, warning the population that we are in a critical time of change. Our consciousness is ready to move up to the next dimension and as far as I understand it, this dimensional world will come to us, for the masses to embrace. So, do not be alarmed, this is all good news! After all, we are seeking unity, not division.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starseed For This Post:

BMJ (6th July 2016), ElfeMya (4th July 2016), justalight (4th July 2016)

3. Link to Post #82
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: EU President speaks of "leaders from other planets who are worried" in EU Congress

Juncker Under Pressure to Resign as EU Splits Over Brexit Response

Sputnik Europe14:46 04.07.2016

© REUTERS/ Vincent Kessler

A growing rift is developing within the EU amid reports European Commission chief Jean-Claude Juncker is under pressure from German officials to resign following the British exit from the EU.

The pressure on Juncker comes as member states remain divided on whether to accelerate EU integration or take a more pragmatic approach to centralizing power in the wake of the UK's referendum decision.

As debate continues on the EU's future in the face of growing Euroskepticism, a German government minister told the Sunday Times newspaper that German Chancellor Angela Merkel had come to view Juncker as "part of the problem" with the EU.

ChristinaD ‏@fitalass
    ChristinaD Retweeted Andrew Neil
    Brexit is as much Juncker's failure as any other politician involved and he should resign.
    ChristinaD added,
    Andrew Neil @afneil Juncker faces his own exit as German Gov hints it could side with East European leaders who want EU commission president to go
    ​"Juncker has time and again acted against the common interest, and his reaction to the British referendum has been very damaging," the source said.

It's understood that Juncker's language about Northern Ireland and Scotland — including his meeting with SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon — ruffled feathers across the bloc, and were seen by Berlin as being "unnecessarily provocative."

Ivan Niccolai ‏@Ivan_niccolai
    #Brexit, if this does not trigger self-reflection and greater democracy of EU institutions, then they must go. #JunckerResign!!
    ​"This is not a time for institutional bickering," the source added, "but the pressure for him to resign will only become greater and chancellor Merkel will eventually have to deal with this next year."

The comments aren't the first to speculate on Juncker's position as EC chief, with Czech foreign minister Lubomir Zaoralek suggesting the 61-year-old should "contemplate quitting" after the UK voted to leave the bloc.

Danny Kemp Verified account ‏@dannyctkemp
    Will Juncker resign as Czech min urged? EC says as last week answer has two letters 'the first is N'
    ​"Right now I can't see the European Commission chairman as the right man for the job," Mr Zaoralek told local media.

"I don't want to call on anyone [to resign], but… someone in the EU maybe should contemplate quitting, because [Brexit] is a responsibility someone should have assumed."

Integration at Heart of EU Divide
    The disagreements across the EU are based on differing opinions over continued integration in the face of growing euroskepticism.

While Juncker, along with nations such as France and Belgium, have been strong proponents of further European integration, and have seen Brexit as a chance to speed up such processes, a number of other member states have rejected such ideas, with German officials arguing that a more pragmatic, less centralized approach to EU membership needs to be adopted in the wake of rising anti-EU sentiment.

Jonathan Hopkin ‏@jrhopkin
    Becoming increasingly clear that the real backlash against EU integration is about movement of labour, not capital...
    ​A number of Eastern European member states have already expressed concern over Juncker's leadership, leading to reports Germany could team up and try and force him to step aside.

This division has also been evident in the response of various EU leaders to the UK's referendum decision to leave the EU.

Patrick O'Flynn Verified account ‏@oflynnmep
    Sturgeon know she must not overplay her hand. Idea of Scots voting to join the euro and much more EU integration seems rather fanciful.
    ​While German Chancellor Merkel has urged member states to give the UK time before triggering Brexit negotiations, others such as France have looked to place pressure on London to kick off talks sooner rather than later to avoid ongoing uncertainty.

UK government officials have argued that Article 50, the trigger needed to start Brexit discussions, should not be taken until either later this year or early 2017 to give officials more time to prepare for negotiations with Brussels.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

ElfeMya (4th July 2016), justalight (4th July 2016), norman (4th July 2016), Sophocles (4th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #83
    Germany Avalon Member justalight's Avatar
    Thanks

Do "they" now try to create a myth about Junckers health?

Quote: "They also come amid Juncker’s erratic behaviour in press briefings and amid reports of his ill health."

¤=[Post Update]=¤

hope to get the full article into my reply but really don´t know how ... try again ...
    'Germany does not want Juncker to resign'

Quote:
    Juncker said at last week's summit that he "doesn't care" about the personal attacks. (Photo: consilium.europa.eu)
    By ANDREW RETTMAN, ESZTER ZALAN AND ERIC MAURICE

BRUSSELS, TODAY, 18:15
    “Germany does not want Juncker to resign. Full stop. It doesn’t make any sense. Full stop”, Elmar Brok, a senior MEP from the ruling CDU party of German chancellor Angela Merkel told EUobserver on Monday (4 July).
    Leonie Haueisen, a spokeswoman for the centre-left SPD party in the German ruling coalition, said: “Calls from Germany for Jean-Claude Juncker’s resignation are not known to us”.

Brok (L) said it makes no sense for Juncker to step down. (Photo: European Parliament)
    They spoke to EUobserver after a British newspaper, The Sunday Times, quoted a German minister, who asked to remain anonymous, as having said that Juncker’s handling of Brexit was “very damaging” and that pressure on him to step aside was becoming “greater”.

A leading conservative German newspaper, Die Welt, in an editorial last week also said: “Juncker is unsuitable to be president” of the European Commission.

The attacks, building on earlier criticism by Czech and Polish politicians, have centred on his vision that EU institutions, instead of member states, should play the leading role in European affairs.

They also come amid Juncker’s erratic behaviour in press briefings and amid reports of his ill health.

A commission spokesman, Alexander Winterstein, on Monday declined to comment directly on the issues.

He said that he was aware of the “less favourable” press coverage, but that the commission was “very busy” and “focusing on its work” of fostering economic growth and handling the migration crisis.

Judy Dempsey, a Berlin-based expert with the Carnegie Europe think-tank, said Merkel had not wanted Juncker to get the job back in 2014, but that now that he was in place it would be “too disruptive” to eject him.

“Who on earth would be interested in having even more chaos now?”, she told this website on Monday, referring to the post-Brexit chaos on the British political scene. “This is not the time … I don’t think there’s any appetite for a coup”, she said.

A contact in the centre-right EPP, the European-level party that contains Juncker and Merkel, told EUobserver that Juncker’s suitability for the post “is not a discussion in the party”.

But other EU sources believed that Merkel is merely biding her time.

“Merkel seems to be waiting for the right moment to say goodbye to Juncker. She wants to make sure she can fend off efforts by Schulz to become commission president. She wants to have a viable alternative candidate before getting rid of Juncker,” one contact said, referring to Martin Schulz, the German head of the European Parliament, who hails from the SPD party.

Schulz aside, the Dutch commission vice-president, Frans Timmermans, is also being mentioned in EU corridors as a potential Juncker replacement.

But a second EU source said that Timmermans, an outspoken critic of Hungary and Poland’s erosion of democratic standards, would never get Budapest or Warsaw’s support.

The source said that Jyrki Katainen, the commission vice-president for investment and growth, is also an option.

The source said that Katainen would be acceptable to Merkel because, as a former Finnish PM, he had executive experience and because he was a fiscal hawk who hailed from her EPP group.

Removed by parliament only
    If the attacks were to intensify, Juncker’s hold on power could become politically untenable, but in terms of due process he cannot simply be removed.

According to the EU treaties, the commission president and his whole commission can only be removed from office en bloc by a vote of censure in the European Parliament (EP).

The EP has never exercised the option. In 1999, the fraud-tainted commission of Jacques Santer resigned before such a vote took place.

Meanwhile, even if Merkel had a clear idea of who to put in Juncker’s place, a reshuffle of the college of commissioners would hamper the work of the commission amid uncertainties about the good functioning of the EU after Brexit.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justalight For This Post:

ElfeMya (4th July 2016), Hervé (4th July 2016)

7. Link to Post #84
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

Default Re: EU President speaks of

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    [...]
    The French from the video:

"Il faut savoir que ceux qui nous observent de loin sont très inquiets. J’ai vu et entendu et écouté plusieurs des dirigeants d’autres planètes qui sont très inquiets puisqu’ils s’interrogent sur la voie que l’union européenne va poursuivre. Et donc, il faut rassurer, et les européens, et ceux qui nous observent de plus… loin."
    [...]
    The more I listen and re-read that statement, the more it appears to be very precise in its wording and meaning:

"It must be known that those who observe us from far away are very worried. I met and heard and listened to several of the leaders from other planets who are very concerned because they wonder which path the European Union is going to follow. Hence, reassurances must be given to both the Europeans and those who observe us from much... farther away."

... because "other leaders of this planet" are not "observing from far away" since, for most, they are only a phone call away and, moreover, are active participants in European affairs, whether that be via Ukraine, Libya, Syria, Turkey, Greece, etc... those are not "observers" observing from "far away."

I agree with the members mentioning the speech was intentional, not from any teleprompters (none available) nor from directly reading notes except for the last word... after a dramatically intentional "pause" in its delivery.

The precision of that statement comes with the defining of where about those "far away" (mentioned twice) observers are looking from... and those are actually the ones being "very worried." The others are just fighting for a piece of the pie.
    Totally agree with those observations. No mistake there.
    Love and Light

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

bluestflame (6th July 2016), BMJ (5th July 2016), Ewan (5th July 2016), Hervé (4th July 2016), justalight (4th July 2016)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Quote Posted by no questions (here)
    Do "they" now try to create a myth about Junckers health?

Quote: "They also come amid Juncker’s erratic behaviour in press briefings and amid reports of his ill health."

¤=[Post Update]=¤

hope to get the full article into my reply but really don´t know how ... try again ...
    'Germany does not want Juncker to resign'

Meanwhile, even if Merkel had a clear idea of who to put in Juncker’s place, a reshuffle of the college of commissioners would hamper the work of the commission amid uncertainties about the good functioning of the EU after Brexit.
    How long do you reckon before they get rid of him ?
    Love and Light

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Daozen (4th July 2016), justalight (4th July 2016)

11. Link to Post #86
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

ElfeMya (5th July 2016), justalight (4th July 2016)

13. Link to Post #87
    Thanks

Quite irritating that the mass media did not start a campaign to crush his credibility right away, I would have expected this. For sure there is a plan to get rid of him I feel.

It feels like he has to do a specific job in the near future before resigning and therefore the mass media did not crush him up to now. Somehow it feels like he is planned to do something else ...

Therefore it´s hard to replace him within a short period of time with another puppet ...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justalight For This Post:

bluestflame (6th July 2016), ElfeMya (5th July 2016), Hervé (5th July 2016)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks

Some political quotations that are worth reading I think:

On Greece's economic meltdown in 2011:
    "When it becomes serious, you have to lie.

On EU monetary policy:
    "I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious ... I am for secret, dark debates"

On British calls for a referendum over Lisbon Treaty:
    “Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,”

On French referendum over EU constitution:
    “If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue’,”

On the introduction of the euro:
    "We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back."

On eurozone economic policy and democracy:
    “We all know what to do, we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it”

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justalight For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th July 2016), Hervé (5th July 2016), Holly Lindin (5th July 2016), KiwiElf (5th July 2016), Pharos (5th July 2016)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    oh Daozen, this is a treat !!! Jupiter Ascending !!! Hiiihaaaaa !!!! <3 Thanks !
    Love and Light

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Daozen (5th July 2016), justalight (5th July 2016)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,791 times in 8,388 posts

I haven't kept up with where we were up to with translating the speech into english.

I asked my daughter in France. Took a while, but got something relevant back today.

Quote ........... the translation thing but I read the translation you already have and its correct except that the guy who did it didn't mention that saying 'I'm a human being' in French is equivalent to just saying 'I'm only human' in English. It's more of a turn of phrase than a protest at being human.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

BMJ (5th July 2016), Daozen (5th July 2016), ElfeMya (6th July 2016), Hervé (5th July 2016), justalight (5th July 2016)

21. Link to Post #91
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    I haven't kept up with where we were up to with translating the speech into english.

I asked my daughter in France. Took a while, but got something relevant back today.

Quote ........... the translation thing but I read the translation you already have and its correct except that the guy who did it didn't mention that saying 'I'm a human being' in French is equivalent to just saying 'I'm only human' in English. It's more of a turn of phrase than a protest at being human.
    That would indeed be correct in most contexts, however, I finally found the context of why Juncker insisted on being a "human being" and not just "being human":

Quote I am somewhat surprised. I — the man regularly described in the United Kingdom as undemocratic, an anonymous bureaucrat, a technocrat, a machine that acts, a robot — am prepared to accept the vote of the British people, but people in Britain are having great difficulty doing the same.
    That's from the translation of the German portion of Juncker's speech.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th July 2016), justalight (6th July 2016)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,791 times in 8,388 posts

errr..... wot....

That's completely different !

ok, it's beginning to sink in.
    Last edited by norman; 5th July 2016 at 14:00.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

24. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

justalight (6th July 2016)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Hervé is correct here below. Juncker was not speaking in the context of being human only, but in the context of robotic people, machines, technocrats. He meant I am a human being, not a robot. He did not mean he is only human, as in human frailties, but he meant I am not a robot.

Juncker, what an appropriate name for the position - junk lollllllllllllllll

Quote Posted by norman (here)

That would indeed be correct in most contexts, however, I finally found the context of why Juncker insisted on being a "human being" and not just "being human":

Quote I am somewhat surprised. I — the man regularly described in the United Kingdom as undemocratic, an anonymous bureaucrat, a technocrat, a machine that acts, a robot — am prepared to accept the vote of the British people, but people in Britain are having great difficulty doing the same.
    That's from the translation of the German portion of Juncker's speech.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th July 2016), Hervé (5th July 2016), justalight (6th July 2016)

27. Link to Post #94
    Mexico Avalon Member Inmortal719's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Well, you can't have involvement form other planets until humanity is unified in some manner. Otherwise the situation is just too damn provincial.

This is the sole reason I'm in favor of a single governmental system.

But not by the utraviolent.... or by violent underhanded means.
    I paraphrased pretty much the same to a friend the other day. Humanity cannot really advance until we consider ourselves one.

As long as they try to do it by subterfuge and lies, whilst instigating more and more division and control, there is clearly a negative mindset at play.
    I agree, however, this scenario seems very far away still, with ultranationalist thinking on the rise, it won't be long until either more countries follow Britain or the EU starts breaking apart, also if Trump wins things will get much more complicated for US-EU relations, a war is coming, the queston is, against who? Russia definitely doesn't seem to want any conflict at all, Russia is just hanging in there after being demonized over and over and US seems to be running out of excuses to start anything.. Maybe we will witness a free for all situation if the climate changes as quickly as it is at the moment. The melting of the ice and extreme temperatures rising every year can make things difficult for several countries forcing us to unite in order to survive..
    ''Trance music....taking you higher that you've ever been...''

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inmortal719 For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th July 2016), justalight (6th July 2016)

29. Link to Post #95
    Thanks

Me - Trying not to think tooooooo much .....

30. The Following User Says Thank You to justalight For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5