+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Go creators 'will have blood on their hands'

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Pokémon Go creators 'will have blood on their hands'

I don't know much about this , but saw this article on the headline page....

Retired FSB general suspects Pokemon Go of spying for foreign special services

By David on 16 July 2016 GMT

RT NEWS.....

Retired FSB general suspects Pokemon Go of spying for foreign special services

Published time: 15 Jul, 2016 14:36

‘A retired major general of Russia’s domestic security service, the FSB, has told reporters
    that the extremely popular augmented reality game Pokemon Go and similar mobile
    applications could be used by special services to collect intelligence data.

“Just imagine that these ‘creatures’ appear not in some city park, but at secret installations
    where a conscript soldier or any other military serviceman photographs it with his camera,
    strictly of their own free will, without any pressure or coercion. This is an ideal scheme with
    which special services can collect information. And no one would even pay attention, because
    it’s such a trendy hobby,” retired Major General Aleksandr Mikhailov said in comments with RIA Novosti.’

Read more: Retired FSB general suspects Pokemon Go of spying for foreign special services

https://www.rt.com/politics/351286-r...ampaign=chrome

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (18th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (16th July 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    Spain Avalon Member Michael Moewes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,910 times in 372 posts

Some People are just plain stupid.
    The same happened to the two accidents with Tesla autopilot.
    If you use your commom sense, nothing of this will happen.
    I see this development serious. those kids are going to pay my pension?
    It's about time to elevate humanity to another dimension out of this materialistic trap.
    Get those "smart"phones out of your kids hands.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michael Moewes For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th July 2016), Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (16th July 2016), shadowstalker (16th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

About the energy gathering, we use to go to the airport in Peurto Vallarta when we were feeling blue. We use to sit there in arrivals at the bar with a beer and just watch people get off the plane with huge smiles on their faces looking forward to their holiday in paradise. I hate to admit it but we absorbed their positive energy and felt better instantly.

6. Link to Post #24
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

FYI

Good rant with some "accidents"

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), DNA (18th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (16th July 2016), Michael Moewes (17th July 2016)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,026 times in 571 posts

Its taken me this long to finally investigate this Pokeman Go. Because most of us are working for a living, LOL. Now I see this is worse than Google having your info. People liken it to Mind control. Let me understand this. The person gives permission for all the personal data and plays the game of a Pokeman with a ball ( here is where I get confused- what does this mean?) Then the person is shown what his next move is, to follow orders? To take pictures of someone, somewhere? Then obviously this is sent to the alphabet orgs. A way to use kids/stupid adults to give info? Help me.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (16th July 2016)

10. Link to Post #26
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Assuming 1% of players have the intelligence of a beansprout and zero common sense (a fairly conservative estimate), that's 70,000+ bozo's out there, or 70,000 accidents waiting to happen. (Nintendo reports over 7 million downloads as of yesterday & climbing,... while raking in a cool $2 million dollars a day).

What's wrong with this picture??
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 19th July 2016 at 00:43.

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,948 times in 536 posts

I have both played it, and nearly ran over a young girl who decided to walk in front of my car as i was going through an intersection. I used a 'fake' google account to login that has no real useful info attached to it, basically a spam account i made that i use on sites that wont allow access without an email account. It has no links to me and if I do forget the password then it is all gone, no big deal, just make another...

but as for the game, i have never seen anything like it from a pick up point of view, where ever you see 5 or more people anywhere they will be playing this game. Amazing to watch.

As for the OP - Mr Scruby is a known pot-stirrer but offers little in the way of constructive feedback.

I am off to walk my egg. (if I had a dog i would be walking that)

Name:  pokemon.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  30.1 KB

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Post:

Antagenet (21st July 2016), Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), DNA (18th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (17th July 2016), Orph (17th July 2016), shadowstalker (17th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Pokemon go players shot at in Palm Coast Florida

Quote Pokémon Go has led to muggings, car crashes, cliff rescues — and now a shooting.

A 19-year-old man and his 16-year-old friend were sitting in a car on Primrose Lane playing Pokémon Go around 1:30 a.m., when a man walked out of his house nearby and fired shots at the car, according to a news release from the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

Moments before the shooting, they said they heard someone say, "did you catch him?" the teens told the sheriff's office.

One of them said, "yeah, did you?"

That's when they heard several shots fired.

The car sped off. They arrived at the 19-year-old's house and checked themselves for injuries. They tried to check for bullet holes on the car in the dark but didn't see any damage. They thought someone might have just been trying to scare them and went inside.

It wasn't until the next morning, when the teen's mother found bullet holes in the rear tire, hubcap and fender, that they reported the shooting to the sheriff's office.

The homeowner who shot at the teens has a different account of what happened early Saturday. When interviewed by deputies, the homeowner said he was woken up by a loud noise outside of his home and spotted a white car with its brake lights on in the street outside his house. That's when he grabbed his handgun and went outside. He recalled hearing someone say something to the effect of "did you get anything?" Then he said he stepped in front of the car and said not to move.

The car, he said, accelerated toward him. He fled from the street and shot at the car several times as it sped off.

The sheriff's office said the investigation is ongoing. In the news release, the sheriff's office warned homeowners to call 911 if they suspect someone breaking in and to avoid leaving the house to confront suspects. They also warned Pokémon Go users to avoid trespassing or driving while playing the game.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/g...rida/87207116/
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), DNA (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (17th July 2016), shadowstalker (17th July 2016)

15. Link to Post #29
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,593 times in 941 posts

And to perhaps add insult to possible injury, if you sign up for this game, and have a Google account, you have surrendered your devices content and the history of your GPS tracking, wherever you have been, game related or not.

The following short vid, posted a couple of days ago, claims to give the facts. Apparently a lot of users are dumping the game when they learn of its surveillance capability.

16. Link to Post #30
    United States Moderator Chris Gilbert's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,999 times in 595 posts

Does it have drawbacks that can become dangerous?

Most certainly. So did bars when they were first created. So did cars, cellphones, music concerts, etc. The internet in general makes it easier for you to be observed, even with extra precautions being taken. Video game consoles, which I still enjoy, definitely have their drawbacks in terms of addictiveness.

I have no desire to play Pokémon Go and be hooked into the monitored virtual realm any more than I already am, but to me some of the reactions to this seem akin to the usual reactions whenever young people adopt some new thing that older generations can't relate to.

In a sense, this also gave me a certain level of catharsis, in that I have no desire to use a new form of technology and I'm satisfied with what I have, but I can simultaneously understand why younger people like it and empathize with them without judgment. My meditation and qigong has paid off for me in terms of expanding awareness and maintaining neuroplasticity, allowing me to avoid becoming my parents.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris Gilbert For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), DNA (18th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (18th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

18. Link to Post #31
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

needs to be verified

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (18th July 2016)

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,845 times in 1,693 posts

They should turn the game into something constructive like use it to catch criminals. Some of the characters names are anagrams like #146 Ekans which converts to Snake.

List of the 151 Pokémon Go characters:http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/151-p...go-ranked.html

Ekans

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inversion For This Post:

Cidersomerset (18th July 2016), DNA (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (18th July 2016)

22. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

The Pokemon Pied Piper zombie apocalypse has begun: Hoards of mindless, obedient sheeple now stampede anywhere the puppet masters plant fictitious monsters

By David on 18 July 2016 GMT Corporate Crime, Mind Control

=======================================================

NATURAL NEWS...

The Pokemon Pied Piper zombie apocalypse has begun: Hoards of mindless, obedient
    sheeple now stampede anywhere the puppet masters plant fictitious monsters

Sunday, July 17, 2016
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Tags: Pokemon Go, Pied Piper, zombie apocalypse

‘By now, you’ve probably heard of Pokemon Go, the new “hybrid reality” mobile app game
    that overlays real world geographic locations with virtual monsters that are collected for points.

What you may not yet know is that the game was actually developed by a CIA-funded software
    front group for the purpose of using all the mobile device cameras of the brain dead public to
    conduct what I call “mass redundant surveillance” of any area requiring immediate video
    documentation by the CIA or NSA. It’s essentially a CIA spying machine pretending to be a game.

To accomplish citizen-assisted spying, the game’s puppet masters simply plop a virtual monster
    into any desired surveillance location, and hoards of totally brain dead apocalyptic zombie humans
    instantly converge on the scene, all pointing their mobile cameras at the virtual “monsters” so they
    can earn their virtual “points.”‘

http://www.naturalnews.com/054687_Po...pocalypse.html

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (18th July 2016), DNA (19th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (18th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (19th July 2016), Inversion (18th July 2016), KiwiElf (18th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

26. Link to Post #35
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

27. Link to Post #36
    Mexico Avalon Member Inmortal719's Avatar
    Thanks

If you really don't want to be tracked at all then you would not use a cell phone or laptop or any other device with internet access, it is known that your laptop's camera can be activated without you knowing it then why would we think that they are not doing the same thing with our cell phone's GPS, Camera and MIC? I mean, I laugh ironically at this videos claiming that by using or playing Pokemon go and logging in through your gmail you gave away your information! I mean we all know Google cooperates with the NSA so what was that again? you give away your information to some agency that already has it or already has access to it? Give me a break...
    Last edited by Inmortal719; 18th July 2016 at 18:28.
    ''Trance music....taking you higher that you've ever been...''

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Inmortal719 For This Post:

Antagenet (21st July 2016), Chris Gilbert (18th July 2016), Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), DNA (19th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016), Wind (21st July 2016)

29. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,957 times in 4,333 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    It's the perfect surveillance tool. We all know that mobile phone cameras can be used from outside parties without the owners knowledge. With this Pokemon Go app, if they want pictures/video from a specific location, all they need to do is place a desired Pokemon there. Unlike all of the other privacy invading apps, this one can actually draw people to specific locations..

That is freaking brilliant Morning Fox.
    I love it when folks can think like the enemy. Every body always wants to drink karma water sing koom by yea and burn sage, but we need some of those folks who could have at one time or another gone to the dark side because of their cunning gifts.
    I'm going to have to check this thread out. I thought this thread would revolve around the accountability of the game makers but I can see now it must be going deeper than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Truth be told the real reason I came to this thread was because these were the last posts by Catsquotal before he quit the forum. I was just looking for some context as why he quit. But I really do not see it having happened because of anything posted here.
    Last edited by DNA; 19th July 2016 at 00:39.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Cidersomerset (19th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016), TargeT (19th July 2016)

31. Link to Post #38
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

It's about accountability on several fronts DNA, and we need to realise there has never been a game like this before (or as popular). Nor should it be compared to console games - there is no fair comparison.

As always, look at the bigger picture.

(Not aimed at you DNA), I appreciate everyone will have different opinions on this, (I'd also appreciate it if some of the posts were a bit less personal and assumptive,... thanks! I'm not some old fogey here to rain on the parade of people having genuine, harmless fun... (just not at the expense of others). (Helps if the earlier posts and links are read first before doing either - cheers)
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 19th July 2016 at 00:59.

32. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

I must admit this craze like all the others have passed me by
    as my gaming skills are limited I'm still on pacman.....

Another article from the headline page.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Police Dept Uses ‘Pokémon Go’ to Lure Fugitives to Police Station

July 18, 2016 By 21wire 0 Comments

21st Century Wire says…

Another harbinger of the end of civilization as we once knew it.
    If you are considering downloading this app and getting into
    this new apocalyptic pastime, we urge you to stop and check yourself.

Mindless lemmings chasing after digital illusions. This is the true dystopia…

The Guardian/ AP

Police in New Hampshire’s largest city are using Pokémon Go in an attempt to lure fugitives into their clutches.

A post on the Manchester police department Facebook page announced that officers recently detected one
    of the more rare Pokemon characters – a Charizard – in the booking area of police headquarters.

The post invited those whose names appeared on a list linked to the post to be “one of the lucky ones” to
    come and capture the creature. The list included the names of the more than 500 fugitives on the
    department’s wanted persons roundup.

Appearances of rare Pokémon characters have drawn huge crowds in cities around the globe. This week,
    the appearance of a super-rare Vaporeon in New York City caused players to swarm to Central Park.

The crazed scene was captured on video and posted to Twitter on Friday, causing one appalled used to
    write: “I honestly am wondering if we’re on the verge of a global breakdown.”

Read more at The Guardian

READ MORE POKEMON GO NEWS AT: 21st Century Wire Pokemon Files

http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/07/1...olice-station/

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (19th July 2016), Fanna (26th August 2016), Heyoka_11 (19th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016)

34. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Smartphones Are Turning People Into Zombies! Here's how to save them.

Published on 19 Jul 2016

SHOW NOTES AND MP3: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=19287

Do you use your smartphone and other tech devices intelligently, responsibly
    and sparingly? Then congratulations, this interview isn't for you! But if you (or
    someone you know) find yourself distracted by your fondleslab and feel anxious
    when you're not able to check your latest notifications, then it's time to admit
    that the technology is starting to control you. Today we talk to research
    psychologist Dr. Larry Rosen about how our technology is turning us into Pavlov's
    dog and how we can regain control over our devices and our lives.

=============================================
    =============================================

Pokemon Go vs Pegida: Dozens arrested as game fans & Antifa protest
    far-right rally in Germany

Published on 19 Jul 2016
    Dozens of Pokemon Go game fans alongside antifa activists took to the
    streets of Munich on Monday, to protest against PEGIDA activists who
    were staging a rally at the same time at Odeonsplatz. Dozens of arrests
    were made during the protest.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (19th July 2016), KiwiElf (19th July 2016), william r sanford72 (21st July 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast