+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid humans and their blood type - O negative?

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member Leon55's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hybrid humans and their blood type - O negative?

I was just watching a short video of an abduction researcher and one of his subjects and he says he has found that most hybrids have the O negative bloodtype. He starts discussing this at 10:50:

Is there anyone here who can comment on that? Maybe there's people here whose family has a history of abductions and have the O negative bloodtype?

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Leon55 For This Post:

7alon (18th October 2017), Agape (19th July 2016), avid (19th July 2016), banafrit (19th July 2016), Beany (21st July 2016), betoobig (20th July 2016), ElfeMya (19th July 2016), Ernie Nemeth (20th July 2016), giovonni (19th July 2016), Heyoka_11 (20th July 2016), justntime2learn (19th July 2016), NeedleThreader (19th July 2016), pugwash84 (1st August 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), RunningDeer (19th July 2016), Shannon (22nd July 2016), Stephanie (19th July 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th July 2016), Tyy1907 (20th July 2016), WhiteLove (19th July 2016), william r sanford72 (19th July 2016), Yetti (20th July 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 155 posts

Default Re: Hybrid humans and their blood type - O negative?

Thanks for the vid. This has been my running theory for years. I do not have any feelings of reptilian within however...none of that.

I have O- and I know I have special helpers 'up there'. Have seen many, many UFO, have had several alien visitation dreams. I have had an amazing positive force behind my actions my whole life. I say this without ego, I am not special.

O is for 'OLD'. O blood type is the oldest blood type there is dating back to our ancestors.

They CANNOT explain where the RH- blood originated. This means the blood type doesn't have the rhesus factor, our direct genetic link to our ancestors.
    Last edited by NeedleThreader; 19th July 2016 at 10:49.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Agape (19th July 2016), avid (19th July 2016), betoobig (20th July 2016), giovonni (19th July 2016), justntime2learn (19th July 2016), Leon55 (19th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), RunningDeer (19th July 2016), shadowstalker (19th July 2016), Stephanie (19th July 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th July 2016), Tyy1907 (20th July 2016), william r sanford72 (19th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,399 times in 4,618 posts

Check the world Blood Type distribution charts and the way blood types allele are coded in your genome ,
    it gives you a general idea at least about how they evolved

Blood Type Distribution by Country

Top 6 Groups of People with A-B-AB-O

Blood Types and Human Evolution

ABO Blood Group System

Quote Genetics

Blood groups are inherited from both parents. The ABO blood type is controlled by a single gene (the ABO gene) with three types of alleles inferred from classical genetics: i, IA, and IB. The I designation stands for isoagglutinogen, another term for antigen.[22] The gene encodes a glycosyltransferase—that is, an enzyme that modifies the carbohydrate content of the red blood cell antigens. The gene is located on the long arm of the ninth chromosome (9q34).

The IA allele gives type A, IB gives type B, and i gives type O. As both IA and IB are dominant over i, only ii people have type O blood. Individuals with IAIA or IAi have type A blood, and individuals with IBIB or IBi have type B. IAIB people have both phenotypes, because A and B express a special dominance relationship: codominance, which means that type A and B parents can have an AB child. A couple with type A and type B can also have a type O child if they are both heterozygous (IBi,IAi) The cis-AB phenotype has a single enzyme that creates both A and B antigens. The resulting red blood cells do not usually express A or B antigen at the same level that would be expected on common group A1 or B red blood cells, which can help solve the problem of an apparently genetically impossible blood group

Two new blood types identified

''In the February issue of Nature Genetics, Ballif and his colleagues report on their discovery of two proteins on red blood cells responsible for these lesser-known blood types.

Ballif identified the two molecules as specialized transport proteins named ABCB6 and ABCG2.

"Only 30 proteins have previously been identified as responsible for a basic blood type," Ballif notes, "but the count now reaches 32."

The last new blood group proteins to be discovered were nearly a decade ago, Ballif says, "so it's pretty remarkable to have two identified this year."

Both of the newly identified proteins are also associated with anticancer drug resistance, so the findings may also have implications for improved treatment of breast and other cancers.''

From evolutionary point of view it may be one group with the least inborn resistance towards alien factors , though as these groups develop in global manner there's much larger system of antigenes and proteins forming those antigens encoded to human genes so under normal circumstances humans would evolve more sophisticated forms of immunity and resistance towards 'alienation'
    however , evolution is not 'one way road' or 'smooth curve' on this Earth ,

there's high number of mutations and variations to the human genome occurring at all times spontaneously
    and with that , only certain number of factors can survive the pressure of biological competition

One of the 'lost tribes' of Brazil , the Bororo are told to be all O negative .

6. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

avid (19th July 2016), ElfeMya (22nd July 2016), Frenchy (19th July 2016), Jancy (19th July 2016), justntime2learn (19th July 2016), kirolak (19th July 2016), Leon55 (19th July 2016), NeedleThreader (19th July 2016), Olam (22nd July 2016), pugwash84 (1st August 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), RunningDeer (19th July 2016), shadowstalker (19th July 2016), Shannon (22nd July 2016), sheme (19th July 2016), Sophocles (20th July 2016), Stephanie (19th July 2016), Sunny-side-up (19th July 2016), Verdilac (23rd July 2016), william r sanford72 (19th July 2016), Yetti (20th July 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I wonder what AB null and 0 null mean in terms of evolution. I have one of those and information is scarce.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to soul For This Post:

Agape (20th July 2016), Leon55 (19th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), william r sanford72 (19th July 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 times in 1,357 posts

LOL, that video is just epic. Three persons in what appears to be some after work lounge having a serious discussion about one of the person's ET connection, just epic.

Very fascinating stuff!!

BTW. Does she have some special lenses on the video cover or are her eyes that lizard looking naturally?
    Last edited by WhiteLove; 19th July 2016 at 18:20.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLove For This Post:

Leon55 (19th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

I have a small problem with the medical explanation in the video. He says that moms with O neg blood type cannot put children on this planet without having them die. This is also true with all negative blood types, not just the O but the A neg, the B neg, the AB neg. All need a shot to stop the moms antibodies from killing the baby about one months before delivery, for the first one, because the mom being negative, her system does not recognize positive blood types if the baby is positive (likely from the dad side). However, if the baby is negative as well, no problems whatsoever.

Also, babies dying is true for the second pregnancy only. Not the first. On the first, generally babies survive, but the antibodies of the mom are activated and spring up to life early in the second pregnancy, killing the baby.

When I hear some blatant errors like this, it puts a dim light on the whole video for me.

As for non verbal language, she looks a bit lost, answer short anwers, does not seem to have analyse anything.

Anyhow, I am not very impressed.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Agape (20th July 2016), DeDukshyn (20th July 2016), Ellisa (23rd July 2016), Leon55 (20th July 2016), Mike Gorman (21st July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), sheme (20th July 2016), Sierra (20th July 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I have a small problem with the medical explanation in the video. He says that moms with O neg blood type cannot put children on this planet without having them die. This is also true with all negative blood types, not just the O but the A neg, the B neg, the AB neg. All need a shot to stop the moms antibodies from killing the baby about one months before delivery, for the first one, because the mom being negative, her system does not recognize positive blood types if the baby is positive (likely from the dad side). However, if the baby is negative as well, no problems whatsoever.

Also, babies dying is true for the second pregnancy only. Not the first. On the first, generally babies survive, but the antibodies of the mom are activated and spring up to life early in the second pregnancy, killing the baby.

When I hear some blatant errors like this, it puts a dim light on the whole video for me.

As for non verbal language, she looks a bit lost, answer short anwers, does not seem to have analyse anything.

Anyhow, I am not very impressed.

It's general lack of medical education and reason for myths being perpetuated around some - probably so many - medical conditions in general ,

the Rh factor being one of them . So I agree completely , those people should inform themselves better when coming out with a statement .

When mother is Rh negative and father Rh positive , baby can be either Rh positive or negative , if they happen to inherit father gene and are Rh positive ,
    the mother body develops anti-bodies towards the factor that may attack and destroy babies blood cells or immunity system .
    It's an old condition that was once known as 'infant jaundice' , before the discovery of blood groups and availability of anti- agglutinogens , infant mortality was much higher then but some babies apparently recovered and survived , many did not .

Till the Rh factor was discovered this was one of the medical 'mysteries' but there are so many ,

genetical disorders and conditions looking bizarre enough so that people are ready to blame them on 'aliens' .

From what you could see within the 'ET contactee/abductee' community , guess it's normal that people are searching for clues on their own ,
    certain physical or psychological conditions getting on target because the science as we know it have no legitimate answers .

RH Incompatibility

Quote During pregnancy, red blood cells from the unborn baby can cross into the mother's blood through the placenta.

If the mother is Rh-negative, her immune system treats Rh-positive fetal cells as if they were a foreign substance. The mother's body makes antibodies against the fetal blood cells. These antibodies may cross back through the placenta into the developing baby. They destroy the baby's circulating red blood cells.

When red blood cells are broken down, they make bilirubin. This causes an infant to become yellow (jaundiced). The level of bilirubin in the infant's bloodstream may range from mild to dangerously high.

Firstborn infants are often not affected unless the mother had past miscarriages or abortions that sensitized her immune system. This because it takes time for the mother to develop antibodies. However, all children she has later who are also Rh-positive may be affected.

Rh incompatibility develops only when the mother is Rh-negative and the infant is Rh-positive. This problem has become less common in places that provide good prenatal care. This is because special immune globulins called RhoGHAM are routinely used.

For that to change .. doctors and scientists etc. would need to have 'live sample' of both of the 'source materials' for one, that is biological sample of the 'alien DNA' ( even if it did not look like DNA - and that's one of the 'minor problems' , tongue in cheek , there's no 'universal principle' stating that intelligent life in the Universe is characterised biologically the same way as terrestrial flora and fauna ,
    the way information is coded to blocks of information already existing - human DNA for example- can be more 'epigenetic' in nature and completely different from any standard 'hybridisation attempt' within the terrestrial environment ,
    in that case , even isolating such information from 'mixed human sample' could turn painstakingly impossible : all we get so far could be characterised as one or another 'anomalous humans' .

It's a tough part to detect or prove biologically unless the precise information is given to humans so we would know what are we searching for.

Some agencies ( alternative and whistleblowers ) on internet do claim that pieces of such information do exist in the 'secret labs' since WWII ,
    how accurate or even up-to-date it would be compared to todays level of scientific understanding, I have no idea.
    If there are clues they would hardly cover all cases of 'xenobiological intrusion' , human genetics is a newborn that evolves fast but is still in diapers

But there's no 'simple way' I know of that can determine whether your genes were tampered with by more advanced species .

What the 'experimenters' can observe 'we down here' can not and vice versa.

If you're human biologist and test whether some kind of immunity response develops in fruit flies or not , the way you do it is by watching few tens of generations of them carrying the same gene and whether the 'factor' you've challenged is preserved, becomes dominant or recessive and what kind of consequences does it produce , over generations.
    From the drosophila view point , he/she the fruit fly have no idea or way to find out even . They live few days is 'whole life' .

If the same is true for this accelerated human evolution and with life spans we currently enjoy
    while being watched by some million years old advanced space civilisations

the chances that we find out and will be able to speak-to-them in human physical bodies are low - from this particular biological perspective - unless we can perhaps, live much longer )

Quote Anyhow, I am not very impressed.

Tongue in cheek again , it's probably one of the best options for 'interview with an ET' I know ,
    getting a fascinated man to talk for you . It spares everyone the 'gender trouble' . No tabus are broken .
    What else should beautiful French woman do in videos than smile ...

There's a piece of truth in the irony - actually . Most of todays 'interviewers ' are not qualified in psychology and biology and whatever else - to be able to supersede the human paradigm level and question an ET.

Last edited by Agape; 20th July 2016 at 08:17.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Leon55 (20th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by soul (here)
    I wonder what AB null and 0 null mean in terms of evolution. I have one of those and information is scarce.
    AB is one of the most 'modern' ( and statistically the least common ) among blood groups that seemed to have resulted from mixing of two branches of the human ancestral tree ( each carrying predominantly either anti-A or anti-B antigens )
    who lived in differing time epochs and parts of continent
    and then slowly merged together ,
    most probably following one of the post-glacial periods , the latest of which receded 30 to 10 thousand years ago on Northern hemisphere .

But it's quite probable that the blood groups evolution dates much much further to the past as there are findings of modern human ancestor from this latest period who is already 'fairly mixed' .

It's likely that they've evolved due to separation of each human group and adaptation to very diverse climatic and biological conditions .

From what some of the statistics say , A group lived probably very long time in the far North and were dependant on animal proteins as their food source ,
    they could be people living in high altitudes whose physical metabolism including ways oxygen and energy are processed , depending on the demand/production ratio grossly differed from humans inhabiting low planes and fertile valleys in the equatorial South
    who preserved and strived on plant sourced food ( and would be type B , for example).

In remote past and when continents were fashioned differently , it's possible that the 2 groups evolved different way and could not see each other perhaps,
    for many thousands years if not longer .

And once they met .. they'd be natural 'strangers' to each other , together with how their immune system functioned and it's fairly possible that the blood type antigenes and developing specific immunity had to do with the 'meeting' of two diverse yet human groups.
    It's what they're mostly, antigenes , A group have anti-B antigene factor and B group have anti-A antigene factor .

ABs are the latest , co-married factor , so AB group have both anti-A and anti-B aglutinogenes. They could be labeled as the 'most adaptive' group from evolutionary perspective .

'O' group are like .. going back to the original human ( if only this factor was considered and the whole of human immunity was this simple, it isn't ,
    there are more than 30 sub-groups beyond the 4 fold classification recognised today as we talk ) , with least developed antibodies to combat 'strangers' .

Such are scattered and born again everywhere .. among all other groups but the 'antigen free' type is not a dominant factor genetically ,
    so unless we all could live in perfect environment for many generations and would somehow get rid of developing all those anti- measures ,
    they'll be circling in our blood for a good while yet ...

Hope it helps

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Leon55 (20th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), sheme (20th July 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I think it would be interesting to do an anonymous pole to see how many of each group we have on this forum just for interest sake you understand. Thanks for the interesting thread Leon55 and Agape.
    Last edited by sheme; 20th July 2016 at 10:52.

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Bad interview, yes the woman looks like a freakin' lizard. People who are interested in this topic should not make any conclusions from this silly video by itself. I encourage you to do your own research on the topic of which there is plenty to digest.

Disregarding this particular interview, which may or may not have much to do with the current evidence of ALIEN DNA TINKERING, there are a lot of questions hovering around the RH factor which cannot be explained yet from any research I have come across.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Agape (20th July 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 times in 814 posts

If I may just drop this in here as a thought to consider?
    It is roughly on topic.

We know or should that the underlining problems with this world is down to, in a great part, a completely different species.

Psychopaths. Those with NO empathy, guilt, compassion or remorse. Supposedly approx 5% of humans (although you actually can not call them human).

All new born, which can be tested, have blood removed at birth.
    Could this be to find out the child's blood type so as to keep track of a species number or current population?
    The Georgia Guidestones may then NOT relate to the 'human' population....but may be a form of law for psychopaths?
    A limitation of their numbers, else they destroy the new home and a reminder of how to act if they wish to continue?

just a thought
    Normal..!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lake For This Post:

Agape (20th July 2016), Flash (20th July 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), NeedleThreader (20th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), tessfreq (20th July 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

the problem is that not all O negative are psychopaths. This cannot be the determining factor in selecting who is and who is not psychopath - proof: some of my friends O negative who are the greatest empathetic people I know.

However, a brain scan could show the empathy parts of the brain not working well. But not in childhood, since the brain is developing, it may only be a slower development of these parts in some children.

Much more complex than we presume.

But i had quite the same thinking as yours, how could we physiologically detect psychopathy/sociopathy and MOSTLY how could we implement strategies that would stop the social ascension of psychopaths.

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    It is roughly on topic.

We know or should that the underlining problems with this world is down to, in a great part, a completely different species.

Psychopaths. Those with NO empathy, guilt, compassion or remorse. Supposedly approx 5% of humans (although you actually can not call them human).

Could this be to find out the child's blood type so as to keep track of a species number or current population?
    The Georgia Guidestones may then NOT relate to the 'human' population....but may be a form of law for psychopaths?
    A limitation of their numbers, else they destroy the new home and a reminder of how to act if they wish to continue?

just a thought
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Leon55 (24th July 2016), NeedleThreader (20th July 2016), onawah (20th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lake (here)
    It is roughly on topic.

just a thought

Good thinking : we all have some form of resistance protecting us from degeneration, strong immunity is supposed to represent evolutionary advantage,
    it's your weapon system .

I would strongly advise not to associate any specific individual traits - that are marked in your mitochondrial DNA with any such fourfold or other simple classification ,

these systems are basically redundant , based on million years old events in the history of mankind ,
    since then humans inhabited , migrated and moved across continents many numbers of times,
    built glorious civilisations and reduced them to ashes .

Blood group types are not the determinant of anything like altruism , intelligence, consciousness or conscience . They don't make you healthier or devoid of health ,

they don't tell how you look like .

The same however unbelievable goes for peoples skin colours and intelligence curves, the face of this Earth changed so many times in human history and mankind changed with them .
    Where Sahara land is today there was once huge lake surrounded by tropical paradise ..
    all human tribes who were once on the 'top of evolution' and civilisations on Earth either went extinct , suffered steep recession and degradation or very few of them survived .

There's a glorious human potential in every Being , in every corner of this Earth . Our problem really is .. developing compassion , strong enough to save this potential to its fullest and rise it to its heights hand in hand with practical reasoning ,

without hurting each other ,

transforming every being through the power of love.

Every civilisation can be destroyed by fight, and fire within itself . The bigger the civilisation ..

and so on

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Flash (20th July 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), NeedleThreader (20th July 2016), onawah (20th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Thank you Lake, and others. I too have looked at the sociopathic/psychopathic statistical similarity to 0- blood types, and others.

Echoing Agape and Flash, it is so complex and beyond anything we can really channel into coherent links in data.

Love and Compassion. I fantasize about a mass, spiritual, heart chakra opening moment.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Agape (20th July 2016), Flash (20th July 2016), Happyjak (18th October 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Love and Compassion. I fantasize about a mass, spiritual, heart chakra opening moment.
    Me too ..

Wishing to add a footnote .

What seems to happen or I know almost for certain this has happened to me is that through ET contact ,
    they tend to curb your immunity and emotional response down by switching certain genes off .

If they do not , some people seem to develop very strong and instant reaction, from stress to paralysis that can appear to be both neurological and chemical in nature .

I remember that the ET switched my potential for aggression off at some point of my teenage. I'm naturally rather shy and benevolent individual and fought later to get that piece of my 'healthy mind' back,

however ignorant that idea seems to be, 'passive aggressive' is too common in human world to be overlooked or lock away from us.

We need the 'force' not to destroy ourselves but to unlock our true potentials ..

May the Force be with You

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Leon55 (24th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016), tessfreq (20th July 2016)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Let me introduce you to Sam ...

Quote Sampson Gordon "Sam" Berns (October 23, 1996 – January 10, 2014) was an American man who suffered from progeria and helped raise awareness about the disease.[1][2] He was the subject of the HBO documentary Life According to Sam, which was first screened in January 2013. He died one year later,[1][3] after appearing in a TEDx Talks video titled "My philosophy for a happy life.

Progeria

Don't scare . Merely watch and listen carefully to his words of wisdom. He is amazing there for 17 years of human age and schooling , did not live long beyond this video talk .
    See him without judgment and pity and without guilt and pride and what else someone may desire or envy .

Just a case of biological anomaly , like some of us are . Not your super-hero or super-heroine in reality . Suffering from delusion or the saviour complex ? Nope .
    His differentiation quotient falls to the 'more than obvious' category . His life expectancy is extremely low , so far but there always is a hope ..

http://www.progeriaresearch.org

MISSION: To discover treatments and the cure for Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria Syndrome and its aging-related disorders, including heart disease.

I'm not on to trying to prove to skeptics who did not have time to dig deep enough to the topic that certain medical conditions may well be result of attempted cross-breeding with other branch of more advanced hominids in deep past because and unless set of similar circumstances affects you or your family member
    the idea is about as far from you as a moon shine

Life According to Sam

You don't have to feel sorry for Sam , logically , it won't help anyone a lot and unlike so many others Sam was lucky and had a great family who looked after him and made his life more bearable I suppose.

If you rush to say 'perfectly normal human teenager' , define not what you 'see as normalcy' but rather what you 'understand as normalcy' in the larger picture of life .

Don't look for 'bits' , see the whole . The mountain is as deep as it is low . Anything too big is almost as difficult to find out as anything too small , if not more.

The truth we can not see is usually hiding somewhere in plain sight .

Sleepy good morning
    Last edited by Agape; 21st July 2016 at 04:51.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Beany (21st July 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

32. Link to Post #17
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

all Basques (if they haven't intermarried with others) are exclusively RH-negative blood types- I base my statement upon Dr. Joseph Farrell's research-

be well all-

Larry in Germany

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Agape (22nd July 2016), Leon55 (24th July 2016), quiltinggrandma (22nd July 2016)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I wonder if this article helps to elucidate the complexity of 'blood group' problematics , it explains in captivating way and surrounds a real time story of Swiss boy/man with Rh null blood type ,
    that isn't Rh negative , Rh negative according to the standard classification is defined by missing important antigen factor ( labeled CDE system in one type of classification ) from the whole Rh complex that consists of more than 60 other factors ( antigens ).

But here is a story about man who became 'rare blood donor' for missing all of the Rh antigen complex .

Most Precious Blood on Earth

Excerpts ..

Quote On the surface of every one of our red blood cells, we have up to 342 antigens—molecules capable of triggering the production of specialized proteins called antibodies. It is the presence or absence of particular antigens that determines someone’s blood type.

Some 160 of the 342 blood group antigens are “high-prevalence,” which means that they are found on the red blood cells of most people. If you lack an antigen that 99 percent of people in the world are positive for, then your blood is considered rare. If you lack one that 99.99 percent of people are positive for, then you have very rare blood.

If a particular high-prevalence antigen is missing from your red blood cells, then you are “negative” for that blood group. If you receive blood from a “positive” donor, then your own antibodies may react with the incompatible donor blood cells, triggering a further response from the immune system. These transfusion reactions can be lethal.
    Quote There are 35 blood-group systems, organized according to the genes that carry the information to produce the antigens within each system. The majority of the 342 blood-group antigens belong to one of these systems. The Rh system (formerly known as “Rhesus”) is the largest, containing 61 antigens.

The most important of these Rh antigens, the D antigen, is quite often missing in Caucasians, of whom around 15 percent are Rh D-negative (more commonly, though inaccurately, known as Rh-negative blood). But Thomas seemed to be lacking all the Rh antigens. If this suspicion proved correct, it would make his blood type Rhnull—one of the rarest in the world, and a phenomenal discovery for the hospital haematologists.

Rhnull blood was first described in 1961, in an Aboriginal Australian woman. Until then, doctors had assumed that an embryo missing all Rh blood-cell antigens would not survive, let alone grow into a normal, thriving adult. By 2010, nearly five decades later, some 43 people with Rhnull blood had been reported worldwide.

Rh Blood Group System

Quote If both of a child’s parents are Rh negative, the child will definitely be Rh negative. Otherwise the child may be Rh positive or Rh negative, depending on the parents' specific genotypes.

The D antigen is inherited as one gene (RHD) (on the short arm of the first chromosome, p36.13–p34.3) with various alleles. Though very much simplified, one can think of alleles that are positive or negative for the D antigen. The gene codes for the RhD protein on the red cell membrane. D− individuals who lack a functional RHD gene do not produce the D antigen, and may be immunized by D+ blood.

The epitopes for the next 4 most common Rh antigens, C, c, E and e are expressed on the highly similar RhCE protein that is genetically encoded in the RHCE gene, also found on chromosome 1. It has been shown that the RHD gene arose by duplication of the RHCE gene during primate evolution.[citation needed] Mice have just one RH gene.

The RHAG gene, responsible for encoding Rh-associated glycoprotein (RhAG) is found on chromosome 6a.

The polypeptides produced from the RHD and RHCE genes form a complex on the red blood cell membrane with the Rh-associated glycoprotein

Quote Weak D

In serologic testing, D positive blood is easily identified. Units which are D negative are often retested to rule out a weaker reaction. This was previously referred to as Du, which has been replaced. By definition, weak D phenotype is characterized by negative reaction with anti-D reagent at immediate spin (IS), negative reaction after 37 °C incubation, and positive reaction at anti-human globulin (AHG) phase. Weak D phenotype can occur in several ways. In some cases, this phenotype occurs because of an altered surface protein that is more common in people of European descent. An inheritable form also occurs, as a result of a weakened form of the R0 gene. Weak D may also occur as "C in trans", whereby a C gene is present on the opposite chromosome to a D gene (as in the combination R0r', or "Dce/dCe"). The testing is difficult, since using different anti-D reagents, especially the older polyclonal reagents, may give different results.

The practical implication of this is that people with this sub-phenotype will have a product labeled as "D positive" when donating blood. When receiving blood, they are sometimes typed as a "D negative", though this is the subject of some debate. Most "Weak D" patients can receive "D positive" blood without complications. However, it is important to correctly identify the ones that have to be considered D+ or D−. This is important, since most blood banks have a limited supply of "D negative" blood and the correct transfusion is clinically relevant. In this respect, genotyping of blood groups has much simplified this detection of the various variants in the Rh blood group system.

Quote Partial D

t is important to differentiate weak D (due to a quantitative difference in the D antigen) from partial D (due to a qualitative difference in the D antigen). Simply put, the weak D phenotype is due to a reduced number of D antigens on a red blood cell. In contrast, the partial D phenotype is due to an alteration in D-epitopes. Thus, in partial D, the number of D antigens is not reduced but the protein structure is altered. These individuals, if alloimmunized to D, can produce an anti-D antibody. Therefore, partial D patients who are donating blood should be labeled as D-positive but, if receiving blood, they should be labeled as D-negative and receive D-negative units.

In the past, partial D was called 'D mosaic' or 'D variant.' Different partial D phenotypes are defined by different D epitopes on the outer surface of the red blood cell membrane. More than 30 different partial D phenotypes have been described

Quote Rhnull individuals have no Rh antigens (no Rh or RhAG) on their red blood cells. This condition is rare.[29] As a consequence of Rh antigen absence, Rhnull red blood cells also lack LW and Fy5 and show weak expression of S, s, and U antigens. Red blood cells lacking Rh/RhAG proteins have structural abnormalities (such as stomatocytosis) and cell membrane defects that can result in hemolytic anemia.

Quote Other Rh Group Antigens

Currently, 50 antigens have been described in the Rh group system; among those described here, the D, C, c, E and e antigens are the most important. The others are much less frequently encountered or are rarely clinically significant. Each is given a number, though the highest assigned number (CEST or RH57 according to the ISBT terminology) is not an accurate reflection of the antigens encountered since many (e.g. Rh38) have been combined, reassigned to other groups, or otherwise removed

Quote Rh Antibodies

Rh antibodies are IgG antibodies which are acquired through exposure to Rh-positive blood (generally either through pregnancy or transfusion of blood products). The D antigen is the most immunogenic of all the non-ABO antigens. Approximately 80% of individuals who are D-negative and exposed to a single D-positive unit will produce an anti-D antibody. The percentage of alloimmunization is significantly reduced in patients who are actively exsanguinating (some say to approx 15%)

All Rh antibodies except D display dosage (antibody reacts more strongly with red cells homozygous for an antigen than cells heterozygous for the antigen (EE stronger reaction vs Ee).

If anti-E is detected, the presence of anti-c should be strongly suspected (due to combined genetic inheritance). It is therefore common to select c-negative and E-negative blood for transfusion patients who have an anti-E. Anti-c is a common cause of delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Leon55 (24th July 2016)

36. Link to Post #19
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

I wonder if the woman in the original video could fit any more collagen in her face?

37. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

It seems like she had contact lenses on that altered her eye color a bit too. Her eyes seemed to be a bit orange

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast