+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Julian Assange's old website, IQ.org (pre-Wikileaks)

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,323 times in 1,769 posts

Default Re: Julian Assange's old website, IQ.org (pre-Wikileaks)

Thanks The quotation marks were always there since the post has not been edited.

The purpose of the elliptic style is to stimulate research not over-excitement
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=8Hekr...eature=related

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Houman For This Post:

Zook (13th December 2010)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,216 times in 32,905 posts

--------

Houman's quote of Julian Assange was a good find. I'm impressed more and more every day with what Assange has done or written in earlier years - he's a sharp, radical intellect, and clearly has always been so.

Regardless of how the controllers may seize on this opportunity to crack down on users of the net (like cracking down on drivers on the highway), I'm convinced that Assange is well-intentioned and is not being put up to all this.

What's happening may be dangerous, though, inasmuch as the 'hacktivists' (and maybe all wikileakers, which sort of includes Kerry and myself by association) may be sold to the public by the media and politicians as a new brand of terrorist.

It's an ideal opportunity to ramp up the policing of cyberspace - and that does not at all mean that Assange is any kind of plant.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ahkenaten (14th December 2010), Banshee (14th December 2010), Dale (14th December 2010), Erin (13th December 2010), fifi (13th December 2010)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 272 posts

I totally agree with you, Bill. Thanks so much to all Avalonians who have kept information about JA up-to-date.

6. Link to Post #44
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Hi Houman,

Quote Posted by Houman (here)
    Hi Zookumar,
    The quotation marks were indicative of the fact that I was "quoting" someone.
    I somehow hoped that someone will find out who (given that the quote was taken out of the front page of the website referenced in title of this tread , were my expectations too high? )
    I am happy that Bill did...
    All well and true, Houman ... except that Bill, to his credit, was compelled to include the missing information. If he hadn't done that, those who had yet to visit IQ.org (or who had visited but did not find the quote (not quite the needle in the haystack, agreed, but neither is it the streaker in the football stadium) ... would've thought they were your own words. Heck, I sometimes quote myself when I'm retrieving information from a previous post of mine. In short, I always try and qualify the originating source of any quote if it is not self-evident. I'm pretty sure that's an important rule of quoting (all rules have exceptions, of course, e.g. usually attributable to forgetfulness).

Here, you admit that yours was not due to forgetfulness but psychological study. Fair enough, I'm the last person that would redress playfulness. I did write above the following: "Merely putting quotation marks around a quote may or may not protect you from the ugly charge of plagiarism; but it cannot escape the smell of deception (even if a passing odor)".

I'm convinced you weren't trying to deceive. My apologies. I could have written my original response better if I'd tried a little harder.

Last edited by Zook; 13th December 2010 at 23:01.

7. Link to Post #45
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

well Bill, remember, keep your friends close and your enemies closer...

The last thing they would ever want is for you to move to a private web they couldn't monitor...

8. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

No worries

Quote Posted by zookumar (here)
    Hi Houman,

All well and true, Houman ... except that Bill, to his credit, was compelled to include the missing information. If he hadn't done that, those who had yet to visit IQ.org (or who had visited but did not find the quote (not quite the needle in the haystack, agreed, but neither is it the streaker in the football stadium) ... would've thought they were your own words. Heck, I sometimes quote myself when I'm retrieving information from a previous post of mine. In short, I always try and qualify the originating source of any quote if it is not self-evident. I'm pretty sure that's an important rule of quoting (all rules have exceptions, of course, e.g. usually attributable to forgetfulness).

Here, you admit that yours was not due to forgetfulness but psychological study. Fair enough, I'm the last person that would redress playfulness. I did write above the following: "Merely putting quotation marks around a quote may or may not protect you from the ugly charge of plagiarism; but it cannot escape the smell of deception (even if a passing odor)".

I'm convinced you weren't trying to deceive. My apologies. I could have written my original response better if I'd tried a little harder.

9. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Yes i liked that quote also very much , why i posted it on the first page of this thread.... it was from a piece JA titled "Witnessing"
    (sorry Houman i should have made it more clear it was from JA... rather than just putting "from the above site" , i will edit that now!)

He's certainly someone that can't just sit back and watch........

Now i want to get this off my chest and its with much respect to all on this forum that i make this comment.....

Sometimes i feel like i'm in an English class on this forum. I have a fist full of learning disorders, and its often really hard for me to articulate in words , what is very clear in my mind , this is made even harder when im worried about being pulled up , or judged for my less than perfect use of the written word....

Im saying this mostly as there might be others that DON'T post much, but would really like to, and have important things to say....

Most of the difficulties i'm referring too ( Aspergers, ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia,being some of these) have VERY LITTLE to do with intelligence, this is often not widely known. I do understand the importance of correct use of said English language, but lets be aware that some of us may not be as articulate as others in this art !!

Blessings to all ,

Astrid
    Last edited by astrid; 14th December 2010 at 01:02.
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

10. The Following User Says Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Shikasta (14th December 2010)

11. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

No need to be... what kills information is not its lack but too much of it...

Concerning ADHD, Autism,... those are actually various degrees of induced metabolic impairments (google Amy Yasko, full blown autistic children are recovering by using her protocol), 30 days detox of
    https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php?&c=1 would be an alternative

Quote Posted by astrid (here)
    Yes i liked that quote also very much , why i posted it on the first page of this thread.... it was from a piece JA titled "Witnessing"
    (sorry Houman i should have made it more clear it was from JA... rather than just putting "from the above site" , i will edit that now!)

He's certainly someone that can't just sit back and watch........

Now i want to get this off my chest and its with much respect to all on this forum that i make this comment.....

Sometimes i feel like i'm in an English class on this forum. I have a fist full of learning disorders, and its often really hard for me to articulate in words , what is very clear in my mind , this is made even harder when im worried about being pulled up , or judged for my less than perfect use of the written word....

Im saying this mostly as there might be others that DON'T post much, but would really like to, and have important things to say....

Most of the difficulties i'm referring too ( Aspergers, ADHD, Autism, Dyslexia,being some of these) have VERY LITTLE to do with intelligence, this is often not widely known. I do understand the importance of correct use of said English language, but lets be aware that some of us may not be as articulate as others in this art !!

Blessings to all ,

Astrid

12. Link to Post #49
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Houman's quote of Julian Assange was a good find. I'm impressed more and more every day with what Assange has done or written in earlier years - he's a sharp, radical intellect, and clearly has always been so.

Regardless of how the controllers may seize on this opportunity to crack down on users of the net (like cracking down on drivers on the highway), I'm convinced that Assange is well-intentioned and is not being put up to all this.

What's happening may be dangerous, though, inasmuch as the 'hacktivists' (and maybe all wikileakers, which sort of includes Kerry and myself by association) may be sold to the public by the media and politicians as a new brand of terrorist.

It's an ideal opportunity to ramp up the policing of cyberspace - and that does not at all mean that Assange is any kind of plant.
    I agree with this and it's a problem we need to face. What if much of the truth gets exposed in a way that it the genie can't be put back in the bottle and instead of acting on it to create positive change, people vote or comply with avoiding it and accepting additional restrictions on civil liberties?

Overall, I think it's good because they won't be able to censor the information. It a will always be out there and there will be more leaks. Some day it will become apparent to everyone who is capable (intellectually or psychologically) of understanding the information.

Another thing is that the intelligentsia (i.e. critical thinkers) comprise much of what drives society. I always enjoy talking with critical thinkers. Some of these people still get their info from the mainstream and are very confused with what is happening right now as it doesn't fit their current thinking pattern models. Most of these people are curious by nature and require a high burden of proof before being able to wrap their mind around something that is "out there" like a government conspiracy. I think Wikileaks is good because it will wake up this segment of the population and they will have the power to make things happen.

--sjkted

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

Ahkenaten (21st December 2010)

14. Link to Post #50
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

Is there ever such a thing as too much truth? An interesting question. Maybe if the entire reality is hyperinjected with a gigantic dose of TRUTH the horrible habit of human lying will be seriously weakened....................................maybe the fundamental split at the bottom of our psyche will be exposed to the light and the air and heal

15. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

Quote Concerning ADHD, Autism,... those are actually various degrees of induced metabolic impairments (google Amy Yasko, full blown autistic children are recovering by using her protocol), 30 days detox of
    Sorry , TOTAL BS... i have brain wave scans (called QEEGs), http://www.qeeg.com/qeegfact.html to PROVE otherwise, nothing to do with diet, sorry. ( AND YES i have tried all these so called " cures")

....This is neurological, i have lived with this all my life, and have tried EVERYTHING, diet can and does help, i.e. dopamine is one thing that is low for me... protein helps to raise dopamine levels , but there is no cure. (Same as there is no cure for epilepsy)

Im presently undergoing bio-feedback which is SO interesting and works well to assist in balancing brain waves that are not working optimally, but its not a cure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofeedback

THIS IS GENETIC also, my mother is has Autisim, my grandmother was ADD , my father also has some brain imbalances.

BWT i see these 3D "labels" not as excuses but reasons, that can assist one to understand and develop " work- around" stategies , ( there are many)
    Education is a big part of this... including helping others to understand these "conditions", so i dont hold back if the chance arises..
    Note also that there are MORE pluses than minuses with alot of these neurological issues..
    http://www.addcoach4u.com/positivesofadd.html

I also find it very interesting that most of these so called 3D "disordered" people are VERY gifted in many ways, esp psychically.....

The minuses are mainly social like when we try to fit ourselves into the world of neuro-typicals, bullying is one of the big issues, (as was for me and most i know), which unfortunately can lead us as adults to sitting back, rather than engaging , when we might have something to say...

I don't generally even bother engaging in social groups, so its a bit of a personal experiment/challenge to even post here, lol

And yes mods i know this is VERY off topic , but its kind of a quest i have to help educate on some of these issues, maybe i should even start a thread in the right place, as it does spin off into all sort of tangents, some of them are relevant and important to wider issues....
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astrid For This Post:

Ahkenaten (21st December 2010), Erin (14th December 2010), winnasboy (21st December 2010)

17. Link to Post #52
    Cayman Islands Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Is there ever such a thing as too much truth? An interesting question. Maybe if the entire reality is hyperinjected with a gigantic dose of TRUTH the horrible habit of human lying will be seriously weakened....................................maybe the fundamental split at the bottom of our psyche will be exposed to the light and the air and heal
    No! My fake reality is falling apart. I'mmmmmmm melting.......

--sjkted

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sjkted For This Post:

Ahkenaten (21st December 2010)

19. Link to Post #53
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

Sorry , TOTAL BS... i have brain wave scans (called QEEGs), http://www.qeeg.com/qeegfact.html to PROVE otherwise, nothing to do with diet, sorry. ( AND YES i have tried all these so called " cures")

....This is neurological, i have lived with this all my life, and have tried EVERYTHING, diet can and does help, i.e. dopamine is one thing that is low for me... protein helps to raise dopamine levels , but there is no cure. (Same as there is no cure for epilepsy)

Im presently undergoing bio-feedback which is SO interesting and works well to assist in balancing brain waves that are not working optimally, but its not a cure.

THIS IS GENETIC also, my mother is has Autisim, my grandmother was ADD , my father also has some brain imbalances.

BWT i see these 3D "labels" not as excuses but reasons, that can assist one to understand and develop " work- around" stategies , ( there are many)
    Education is a big part of this... including helping others to understand these "conditions", so i dont hold back if the chance arises..
    Note also that there are MORE pluses than minuses with alot of these neurological issues..

I also find it very interesting that most of these so called 3D "disordered" people are VERY gifted in many ways, esp psychically.....

The minuses are mainly social like when we try to fit ourselves into the world of neuro-typicals, bullying is one of the big issues, (as was for me and most i know), which unfortunately can lead us as adults to sitting back, rather than engaging , when we might have something to say...

I don't generally even bother engaging in social groups, so its a bit of a personal experiment/challenge to even post here, lol

And yes mods i know this is VERY off topic , but its kind of a quest i have to help educate on some of these issues, maybe i should even start a thread in the right place, as it does spin off into all sort of tangents, some of them are relevant and important to wider issues....
    It needs to be said tho... When people talk of a "cure" for Autism I usually get quite angry. I just think such talk is ignorant and it just smacks of an NT parent wanting their Autistic / aspie child to be "normal"....

So, if i may ask Astrid, what form of Autism do you have? Is it normal autism or aspergers? I'm aspie (as much as I can tell - my diagnosis was a bit funny...)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

astrid (22nd December 2010)

21. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Check the information before making a judgment
    http://www.asdinfo.org/documents/fil..._in_Autism.pdf

I didn't speak of "curing" but of "recovering" (as recovering after being hit by a truck) and thousands of people have already done it
    http://www.ch3nutrigenomics.com/phpBB2/welcome.html

This recovery is made possible through the understanding that autism is a multi-factorial puzzle. It is not just an inflamed brain, it is not just a leaky gut, not just an impaired
    methylation cycle, etc... A leaky gut can lead to brain inflamation and irregular EEG...

There is a genetic susceptibility but that's not all, exposed to enough toxins anyone can develop autism (if young enough), Schizophrenia, Parkinson or Alz, genetics determine the threshold.
    Biofeedback is but one element of the solution...

Analyze the info... it is when you think that you know everything that you stop learning...

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houman For This Post:

astrid (22nd December 2010), Bill Ryan (21st December 2010)

23. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jcocks (here)
    It needs to be said tho... When people talk of a "cure" for Autism I usually get quite angry. I just think such talk is ignorant and it just smacks of an NT parent wanting their Autistic / aspie child to be "normal"....

So, if i may ask Astrid, what form of Autism do you have? Is it normal autism or aspergers? I'm aspie (as much as I can tell - my diagnosis was a bit funny...)
    There are so many ways of "recovering" those children
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wgjkXg38wCY
    never give up!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=J8uJ5RpQWw0

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houman For This Post:

astrid (21st December 2010), Bill Ryan (21st December 2010)

25. Link to Post #56
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,216 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by Ahkenaten (here)
    Is there ever such a thing as too much truth? An interesting question.
    Not too much truth. Too much information.

Houman had said

Quote Posted by Houman (here)
    No need to be... what kills information is not its lack but too much of it...
    I don't know anyone who's not suffering from information overload. We start to shut down.

65,000 new YouTube videos were being uploaded every day - and that statistic was in 2006. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube). It must be well over 100,000 per day now - maybe twice as much. That's frightening.

If I have some information to tell the public that I honesty believe is accurate and important (and I do!) - how do I do it? I have to find a way to compete with everything else on the internet.

This is the problem...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ahkenaten (21st December 2010), astrid (21st December 2010), fifi (21st December 2010), John Parslow (21st December 2010), winnasboy (21st December 2010), Zook (22nd December 2010)

27. Link to Post #57
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Thanks Bill point WELL TAKEN

28. Link to Post #58
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

like some of us in our early teens when discovered smoking were sat down and forced to smoke the whole pack one after the other in the hopes that we'd be so sick of the sight , taste, smell of them , we would not touch another one ever

the info overload is starting to feel like that ....

29. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Salutations to all,

I have read most of the comment on this thread and must first tell you that my sources of informations are mainly in French, English, Spanish, Italian and German.

The First thing that seems astounding was the fact that Man, in all seriousness says that he believes the report of 911 and conspirationists are nuts ???

Then about two weeks ago the same guy Praise the Prime Minister of Israël M. Netanayhu citing him as an example of frank talks and how politicians should be. ????

Now, lets look at the leaks....., from an informed European point of view I still wait for a surprise, but I think for the US people it might be surprising, maybe... As for the whole governemental apparatus worldwide diplomacy it is the shade under the spotlight.

In, what appears as the imperative time of control of informations, WikiLeaks might have engeander WikiWall.

Snowy
    The economy is to serve the people, not the people to serve the economy -- Manfred Max-Neef

An Old Spanish proverb that says “civilization and anarchy are only seven meals apart''.

Un Vieux proverbe Espagnol qui dit ''la civilisation et l'anarchie ne sont qu'à 7 repas d'écart''.

30. Link to Post #60
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Snowy I did fact checking on the assertion that Julian Assange stated that stuff about the Prime Minister of Israel and it isn't true even though this continues to rattle around on the web, the allegation having taken on a life of its own. I have not seen that he said 911 conspiracy theorists were nuts but I will look into that allegation as well. The problem in the information pipeline is that the press actually wield control over what is released, not Wikileaks which dumps info on them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast