+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: KickassTorrents down: Feds have seized domains and arrested owner

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

Default Re: KickassTorrents down: Feds have seized domains and arrested owner

Don't think this is worthy of a topic so I'll add it here.

How are http://123movies.to/ still up and running. All the latest cams from cinemas available to watch along with a hunge range of films and tv from around the world.

Note: Even with HTTPS Everywhere script running in Firefox the site loads as HTTP and NOT HTTPS, manually entering the address as HTTPS defaults to HTTP.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

bluestflame (20th August 2016), Ines (24th August 2016), KiwiElf (24th August 2016), Sophocles (20th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,200 times in 1,393 posts

I have to say after a few weeks since the bust, it's pretty clear that even with proxies, KAT is a mere shadow of its former self.
    Pirate Bay and ExtraTorrent appear to be the best alternatives at the moment.
    the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st April 2017), Ewan (26th August 2016), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2017), Hervé (24th August 2016), Ines (24th August 2016), KiwiElf (24th August 2016)

5. Link to Post #43
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Also kickass.unblocked.live/ from Ewan`s post #40.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2017), Hervé (24th August 2016), Ines (24th August 2016), KiwiElf (24th August 2016)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Wasn't worth a thread so posted here as an aside to main info below.

Quote https://8ch.net/index.html

8chan was hacked

Earlier today, April 1, 2017, 8chan was hacked.

We are investigating the problem and hope to have the servers back online soon.

Pay attention here for updates.
    ------------------------------------

Just listing a few addresses that have held reliable for the last few months..... (right click - open in a new window. If you so wish)

https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?

https://1337x.to/home/

https://dirtywarez.org/cat/tracker

https://thepiratebay.red/ -this page claims Kickass is back, with a 'click here' to access it. The address is https://kickass.cd

edit: However, it just seems to mirror Pirate Bay content at present.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st April 2017), DeDukshyn (1st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2017), Shannon (1st April 2017), Sophocles (2nd April 2017)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,210 times in 32,905 posts

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    Just listing a few addresses that have held reliable for the last few months..... (right click - open in a new window. If you so wish)

https://rarbg.to/torrents.php?

https://1337x.to/home/

https://dirtywarez.org/cat/tracker

https://thepiratebay.red/ -this page claims Kickass is back, with a 'click here' to access it. The address is https://kickass.cd

edit: However, it just seems to mirror Pirate Bay content at present.
    Thank you! That's really very useful.

I regularly use http://thepiratebay.se (or http://thepiratebay.org, same thing). It's sometimes down, but (somehow! ) is still pretty reliable.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Ewan (1st April 2017), Foxie Loxie (1st April 2017), Linderlou (2nd April 2017), Shannon (1st April 2017)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just curious as to why people feel it is okay to basically steal digital content from their producers/creators. Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. I think that's where personal morality steps in. I'm hardly judgmental, but I think we need to up our game in the conscience department. I am a music producer and felt somehow okay about downloading all kinds of pirated software for a while. Like a kid in a candy store! Like Christmas every day! Eventually I felt like it was actually becoming detrimental to my music-making process, because of my guilt, so I began to purchase only my favorite affordable tools, after demoing them, and I feel a lot better about myself. I'm not exactly swimming in money but I can make certain spending decisions that allow me to make a considered purchase over another. I think I justified it by thinking that "I've got good intentions and I'm making music to make the world a better place." I'm the last one to point a finger, because of my past behavior, but I'm curious as to how you justify downloading pirated... i.e. stolen media/software. I guess I'm just surprised that it is okay with many of you. What am I missing? Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to go back to my former ways! But seriously... I don't get it. It seems like torrents would be awesome for distributing forbidden, or otherwise unavailable, information, but illegally downloading movies because you don't want to spend a couple of dollars? That bothers me a bit. I mean... these torrent websites are making money off of property that is not theirs. They're not doing it for some sort of altruistic or nobly anarchistic reason, I would think by gauging the advertising on their sites. Okay, I'll shut up now and probably listen to some music illegally on YouTube.
    Last edited by Wizard Of Ozark; 2nd April 2017 at 01:31.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard Of Ozark For This Post:

raregem (2nd April 2017)

13. Link to Post #47
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,617 times in 21,526 posts

Quote Posted by Wizard Of Ozark (here)
    Just curious as to why people feel it is okay to basically steal digital content from their producers/creators. Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. I think that's where personal morality steps in. I'm hardly judgmental, but I think we need to up our game in the conscience department.
    My take is that the morality issue is genuinely a little more complex than that.

Yes, it's wrong to deprive someone of fair compensation for their work.

But it's also wrong to extort excess compensation, on the basis of having some choke hold on a desirable resource.

Some of the major music, film and other such entertainment corporations obtain near monopoly control over certain works or media channels that are in high demand, and then, using copyright law in part, extract profits well above their reasonable cost of business or fair compensation for their labor. Such profits often go primarily to the corporations, their executives, their investors, their legal staff and such, not to the actual creators of the content.

Corporations (the large ones) often have little or no morality. In such cases, I consider it more "moral" to resist them, rather than to invent some moral duty to submit to them.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Basho (2nd April 2017), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017), norman (2nd April 2017)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Just curious as to why people feel it is okay to basically steal digital content from their producers/creators. Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should. I think that's where personal morality steps in. I'm hardly judgmental, but I think we need to up our game in the conscience department.
    My take is that the morality issue is genuinely a little more complex than that.

Yes, it's wrong to deprive someone of fair compensation for their work.

But it's also wrong to extort excess compensation, on the basis of having some choke hold on a desirable resource.

Some of the major music, film and other such entertainment corporations obtain near monopoly control over certain works or media channels that are in high demand, and then, using copyright law in part, extract profits well above their reasonable cost of business or fair compensation for their labor. Such profits often go primarily to the corporations, their executives, their investors, their legal staff and such, not to the actual creators of the content.

Corporations (the large ones) often have little or no morality. In such cases, I consider it more "moral" to resist them, rather than to invent some moral duty to submit to them.
    I've got a few problems with this, as not everyone trying to sell software or digital media are the "corporate big guys" if you know what I mean. For instance, when I'm purchasing music production software from someone it may not be from out of their garage, but it still may be the way they put beans on the table. I want you to tell me how I'm missing the point. I'm just injecting something to think about. Thank you for your reply!

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

And replying to your reply, Paul. Yes, by bypassing the major studios with our pirating of their offered goods, we may be doing something noble in terms of our resistance. But what about the mid-level or low-level players in the game? I, personally, will not "lift" software offered commercially because it is convenient. Because I can! Do you hear what I'm saying? I'm not trying to be a twat, but I don't understand the disregard to respecting a monetary system when we are all already living by it. It's absolute hypocrisy to say that it's okay to steal from others because... *insert here*

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,142 times in 8,307 posts

There's so much music production software out there to try. I actually think the so called cracked stuff helps to sell the software long term. People try stuff they wouldn't otherwise. Then they settle on a few they really get on with and become real fans of the creators and start supporting them. I know I did !

Same thing is true for the crazy days of music piracy that the record companies complained about far more than the artists ever did. Here's why. Bands and artists who's careers were 'over' relaunched themselves on the back of the free publicity that the millions of pirated tracks gave them. Whole new generations of people heard their stuff and became interested in them enough to start tracking their new careers and go to their shows. Yea, there are a few vocal complaints from artists but not many. Their record companies were ripping them off like crazy and they knew it. They were worried about piracy for a while but quickly saw how it was boosting their exposure to the public and doing them a lot of good. The big losers were the lazy old farts like the Paul McCarneys and the old bands who were already so stupidly rich they thought they could pop a new album out every year or so to keep their egos stroked for little effort.

Nah, piracy put oomph into the music scene. It didn't kill it.

Some argue that what we've lost is the way the old record companies used to nurture new talent even if it took several albums to break even. That was true and very valuable at the time but the technology and the interface with the audience has completely changed now. New artists don't need record companies.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

18. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2017)

19. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something and stealing human-created data is now okay. Human persons WORKED to create the product/thing that you are downloading for free. Just let me in on the joke and I will gladly not spend the money I spend on the fruit of others labor. I've got a real issue with the monetary slavery system, but I've still got to work within it, for now, you know? I'm a little disappointed here, but I'll probably be okay!

20. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    There's so much music production software out there to try. I actually think the so called cracked stuff helps to sell the software long term. People try stuff they wouldn't otherwise. Then they settle on a few they really get on with and become real fans of the creators and start supporting them. I know I did !

Same thing is true for the crazy days of music piracy that the record companies complained about far more than the artists ever did. Here's why. Bands and artists who's careers were 'over' relaunched themselves on the back of the free publicity that the millions of pirated tracks gave them. Whole new generations of people heard their stuff and became interested in them enough to start tracking their new careers and go to their shows. Yea, there are a few vocal complaints from artists but not many. Their record companies were ripping them off like crazy and they knew it. They were worried about piracy for a while but quickly saw how it was boosting their exposure to the public and doing them a lot of good. The big losers were the lazy old farts like the Paul McCarneys and the old bands who were already so stupidly rich they thought they could pop a new album out every year or so to keep their egos stroked for little effort.

Nah, piracy put oomph into the music scene. It didn't kill it.

Some argue that what we've lost is the way the old record companies used to nurture new talent even if it took several albums to break even. That was true and very valuable at the time but the technology and the interface with the audience has completely changed now. New artists don't need record companies.
    I didn't read your reply until after my last post, but yes, I get all that. I don't think I agree with all of it though. The "digital age" is a mixed bag. Not everyone benefits from it. There's no "right" answer, but IMO it's a good conversation to have. I appreciate your response!

21. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

For me, it kind of degrades your credibility when you are openly promoting torrent sites as a legitimate way of procuring media. Like it's the alternative thing to do, man. Human beings put out creative effort that they hoped to be compensated for. But you are frequenting sites that pimp out someone else's product as if they owned it? I think I'm done here, but maybe that's something to think about. Out of the large membership here I got two lousy replies to a sincere, and I think, relevant, inquiry. Later kids, signed a sincere heart.
    Last edited by Wizard Of Ozark; 2nd April 2017 at 04:01.

22. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

For me, it kind of degrades your credibility when you are openly promoting torrent sites as a legitimate way of procuring media. Like it's the alternative thing to do, man. Human beings put out creative effort that they hoped to be compensated for. But you are frequenting sites that pimp out someone else's product as if they owned it? I think I'm done here, but maybe that's something to think about. Out of the large membership here I got two lousy replies to a sincere, and I think, relevant, inquiry. Later kids, signed a sincere heart.
    I suspect you have a personal stake with this issue, you mention you are a music producer. It also seems to me reading all your posts that you have jumped to a few conclusions regarding what people might want to use a torrents site for.
    Maybe there have been so few responses because most people don't even look at this thread, or perhaps, like me, they've been sleeping for a period of time.

There are generally only two things I look for and infrequently at that. A complete TV Series or a particular film that might hold interest for me. I unplugged the aeriel from my TV several years ago as I have no interest in 90% of what is on TV. Occassionally I hear good things from others about a particualr series and even I like to unwind sometime by just switching off from other matters and losing myself for a while in a little entertainment. So I have watched all the series of Game of Thrones to date for instance.
    As regards an occassional film. I don't go the cinema, find it to actually be an unpleasant experience and I literally could not justify paying for a new DVD given my financial situation - yes, each month is that tight. So in the past I have bought my films on Ebay, paying £1 for a used DVD usually a year or so after it was at the cinema- I actually have well over one hundred DVD's in a plastic bag upstairs. It looks like a ridiculous pile of plastic.

In short, the giants of media production never got any money from me anyway and I have no interest in ripping off individuals and small enterprises. I even make small support payments when i find something useful or worthwhile - even I can afford the odd $5 here or there.

Hope this helps your understanding.
    Last edited by Ewan; 2nd April 2017 at 04:39.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (2nd April 2017)

24. Link to Post #55
    Mexico Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,360 times in 440 posts

¤=[Post Update]=¤

25. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ewan (here)
    I suspect you have a personal stake with this issue, you mention you are a music producer. It also seems to me reading all your posts that you have jumped to a few conclusions regarding what people might want to use a torrents site for.
    Maybe there have been so few responses because most people don't even look at this thread, or perhaps, like me, they've been sleeping for a period of time.

There are generally only two things I look for and infrequently at that. A complete TV Series or a particular film that might hold interest for me. I unplugged the aeriel from my TV several years ago as I have no interest in 90% of what is on TV. Occassionally I hear good things from others about a particualr series and even I like to unwind sometime by just switching off from other matters and losing myself for a while in a little entertainment. So I have watched all the series of Game of Thrones to date for instance.
    As regards an occassional film. I don't go the cinema, find it to actually be an unpleasant experience and I literally could not justify paying for a new DVD given my financial situation - yes, each month is that tight. So in the past I have bought my films on Ebay, paying £1 for a used DVD usually a year or so after it was at the cinema- I actually have well over one hundred DVD's in a plastic bag upstairs. It looks like a ridiculous pile of plastic.

In short, the giants of media production never got any money from me anyway and I have no interest in ripping off individuals and small enterprises. I even make small support payments when i find something useful or worthwhile - even I can afford the odd $5 here or there.

Hope this helps your understanding.
    Well it sounds like things are pretty tight. Sometimes I forget to factor that in as I am, barely, treading water, financially, here. Living in The United States is certainly as interesting as I think a lot of us knew would happen. I just was curious about the few responses. Like... I might see this issue this way but how would someone else see it? That's how I usually "test" life. It's never, hopefully, anything personal.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Cristian (here)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

That is funny!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard Of Ozark For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2017)

27. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

When I was flipping thru the things that were available on piratebay my thought was that people love to gift and share things. And yes, it's not theirs to give but as Paul mentioned the products are corporate generated and owned. But corporations are not a true outgrowth of human nature and people simply bypass that.

The website doesn't charge, but I expect they pay hosting fees. Some of the software and other products are developed for free or so I have heard. People spend time gathering, organizing and uploading the products - and they do it all for free. There are millions of sites that share information, software, books and more for free because it's on the better side of human nature to give and share.

My apologies, I realize I'm not very cogent tonight so I hope it makes sense.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Ewan (2nd April 2017)

29. Link to Post #58
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

I use torrents to replace my extremely OLD records, tapes & videos. As I already paid [a lot] for them at the time, I don't have a guilt problem replacing them with digital copies from the likes of PirateBay. If I really like something recent, I'll still buy the CD/DVD/BluRay once it becomes "old" and available in the "cheap" bin.

(And from the Music/Author/Actor "Artist's" POV, you've been ripped off by the likes of SONY etc for decades; the artist should get a darned sight more than what they get, IMO - with the possible exception of "A" list actors who possibly earn wayyyy too much per movie - a bit more "balancing out" required me thinks... )
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 2nd April 2017 at 07:48.

30. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

I often wonder who are these people such as EZTV who upload Torrents to Pirate Bay. It would be a lot of work to do, with very little or no financial compensation.
    so why do they do it? Magnanimity, generosity or just to give the finger to the TV production studios?

31. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Default ExtraTorrent has shut down permanently

Life is MAGICAL, Death is NORMAL, most Humans are CRUEL.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Conde For This Post:

Ewan (18th May 2017)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast