+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Operation Leakspin and "crowd journalism"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Erin's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Operation Leakspin and "crowd journalism"

Over the past week or so, I've been monitoring the goings-on at Anonymous/Operation Payback (including viewing and participating in IRC chats during DDoS attacks - though I did not participate myself in the DDoS attacks). Anyway, they have decided to shift to a new phase of what has been dubbed the "cyberwar" - and this time, anyone can participate without fear of retribution.

Operation Leakspin is an offshoot of Operation Payback, and it is basically recruiting anyone and everyone to read released Wikileaks cables and find interesting stuff that the MSM has not yet reported on. After all, most of what we know right now is what the MSM has dug up for themselves from the cables. There could be (and probably is) some fascinating stuff left to be uncovered by us that they have chosen not to report on, or perhaps even missed entirely.

Here is how they describe the effort on their website:

Quote Operation Leakspin

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.”

This is Operation Leakspin.

We believe that all the information provided by the leaked cables should be out and open for the public to read, discuss and most of all: understand.

We will use as much manpower as possible to publish information found in the cables to the public. We will speed up the process of uncovering, we will release facts that the media didn’t speak about, and we will summarize the diplomatic leaks into chunks that everybody can understand.

The war against censorship should be fought not only by attacking businesses facilitating it. It should be fought by actively releasing all the information that can be released, to all the people it can be released to.

We are against censorship, and this is how we prove it, this is what Operation Leakspin is about.
    For more information on Operation Leakspin (including how you can participate in the effort), check out their website - particularly the link that says "quality control" on the sidebar, which gives a good breakdown of the submission process. Or, click here.

It is my opinion that this is a crucial step in the ongoing saga of Wikileaks and the freedom of information. It's also what Julian Assange wanted all along - citizens doing their own journalism, as opposed to relying on corporate media feeding it to them.

LINKS:
    Operation Leakspin official website: http://operationleakspin.org/
    Operation Leakspin official Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpLeakspin
    Operation Leakspin official Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operat...83495618334677
    Operation Leakspin official YouTube: https://youtube.com/user/OperationLeakspin

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Erin For This Post:

Ahkenaten (11th December 2010), astrid (11th December 2010), bluestflame (12th December 2010), Corncrake (11th December 2010), Deega (11th December 2010), fifi (11th December 2010), Heartsong (11th December 2010), jackovesk (11th December 2010), jcocks (11th December 2010), ponda (11th December 2010), witchy1 (11th December 2010), Zook (11th December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Default Re: Operation Leakspin and "crowd journalism"

good post cosmic

This a brilliant idea and now anyone can participate and help get the info out into the public arena and it should help speed things up

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,422 times in 3,394 posts

JUST BRILLIANT !! im in, Great work there cosmic!
    The greatest privilege of a human life is to become a
    midwife to the awakening of the Soul in another person.”
    ~ Plato

5. Link to Post #4
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

me too - thanks Cosmic

6. Link to Post #5
    Canada Unsubscribed
    Chatting with Horatio, on a bridge between Hope and Hemlock
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 times in 445 posts

Good morning Avalonians, it's me the rainman ... but hello again!

Before we get all excited about Openleaks, Drippingleaks, Soakingleaks, Tommypeeps ... perhaps we should ask ourselves ... where have we seen this pattern before?

Free clue: East Germany.

Short answer: The Stasi.

Think about it, folks. If Wikileaks is a Rothschild operation (and I've already argued with evidence that it is) ... and if more vuvuzelas are on the way for anyone's and everyone's taking and blowing in the Stadium of the Harking Ear ... how soon before real trivial information is substituted with outright propaganda? You can be sure not a few vuvuzelas will be picked up by the 'Agents of Chaos' (some dressed up as soccer moms, and others, proud as punch to be peeping toms). Then ask yourself this, if 9 vuvuzelas are blown by people thinking they are genuinely emancipating the masses but who almost certainly will be fed trivial (titillating??) information (some real; some contrived); and 1 vuvuzela is blown by a disinformation agent ... who will be there to champion the release and cause of real and significant information?

To wit, expect a ten-horn opera to keep the masses' common senses occupied ... and expect the same-old same-old same-old strategy of confusion, distraction, and infojunk, e.g. chaos. From chaos to a New World Order.

Humble opinions all around.

ps: The technique of Ideological Subversion (as explained by Yuri Begmenov) was posted here a few days ago. I implore those of you who have not read it, to have a look. You'll experience a quantum awakening
    of perception, I assure you. For me, it was a confirmation of what my intuition had grasped long ago.

ps2: Did I mention the short answer to the pattern yet? Well let me mention it again: The Stasi.

ps3: The public arena was East Germany.

ps4: Once the pipes of propaganda are in place ... rest assured they will be turned inwards for spying and pitting brother against brother.

ps5: I'm not asking you to believe me; just to keep an extra eye open as things establish.

psy: Ops.
    Last edited by Zook; 11th December 2010 at 14:56.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I agree with Zookumar

discernment is needed at this time....

Soj

8. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,559 times in 1,013 posts

Zook

The pipes of propaganda have been in place for a very long time

Truth can be propaganda if you perceive it wrongly

I agree with you that individual discernment is crucial at this time

The state of our world at the moment is abysmal.It isn't going to be an easy process to transform our reality into a more equal,harmonious and enlightened one.The old power/control structures won't be displaced easily so i would imagine that any transition isn't going to be a smooth one but it most certainly is a necessary one.In my opinion these new outlets of knowledge and public information are a large part of the process.Sure there will be disinfo amongst the releases but there is disinfo everwhere and always has been.This isn't anything new and we can't blame the messengers.In my opinion our attention should be on the information itself.
    Last edited by ponda; 12th December 2010 at 04:23.

+ Reply to Thread