Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Question WeatherWar101: Heat Dome and Monsoon Myth

"I've looked at clouds from both sides now
    From up and down, and still somehow
    It's cloud illusions I recall
    I really don't know clouds at all" ... Joni Mitchell

Heat Dome and Monsoon Myth

WeatherWar101

"It’s been a pretty astonishing few weeks, hasn’t it. As I’ve said before, there are really only two or three kinds of actual “news” stories on TV these days. ‘News’ reports on which is the latest community to get washed or blown away, ‘news’ reports on what sensitive social issue is being exploited to foment protest and uprising, and ‘news’ about what coordinated cookie-cutter terrorist operation to foment fear and division, are the only real ‘news’ events on the news. Ironically, all three are also manufactured and could also really be considered ‘one thing,’ but everything else on the news is straight manufactured sideshow and diversion" ... More below Youtube show notes

Published on Jul 24, 2016

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Default Re: WeatherWar101: Heat Dome and Monsoon Myth

And what is with all of these new weather lexicons that have been popping up the last few years in the news? And surprise surprise, they seem to always carry an ominous connotation.

Last edited by joeecho; 25th July 2016 at 05:55. Reason: wrong word, then to that

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Fairfield Glade, Tennessee in the Catoosa Mts
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 times in 571 posts

So, what are the suspicions? Weather machines to dumb us down? And keep us indoors to watch political conventions? Cloud covers to hide nefarious doings? The inland, the mountains and the beaches do not get relief. The fires in California out of control. Our friend who fights the Sand Fire says, its horrible, the worst in the worst possible terrain which is why already 18 beautiful homes lost, and 33,000 acres that is growing. The ash is carried all the way into LA. The heat affects our thinking and doing, so what better way to cast a spell?
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

giovonni (26th July 2016)

5. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Quote Posted by bettye198 (here)
    So, what are the suspicions? Weather machines to dumb us down? And keep us indoors to watch political conventions? Cloud covers to hide nefarious doings? The inland, the mountains and the beaches do not get relief. The fires in California out of control. Our friend who fights the Sand Fire says, its horrible, the worst in the worst possible terrain which is why already 18 beautiful homes lost, and 33,000 acres that is growing. The ash is carried all the way into LA. The heat affects our thinking and doing, so what better way to cast a spell?
    I like to think of it in a simplistic sense ...

'Misery loves company'.

In regards to these recent LA fires...

Freelance photographers rush to a brush fire — and help catch an arson suspect

+ Reply to Thread