+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After School Satan Club

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Question After School Satan Club

The daily WTF??

"the group’s plan for public schoolchildren isn’t actually about promoting worship of the devil. The Satanic Temple doesn’t espouse a belief in the existence of a supernatural being that other religions identify solemnly as Satan, or Lucifer, or Beelzebub. The Temple rejects all forms of supernaturalism and is committed to the view that scientific rationality provides the best measure of reality"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...aec_story.html
    Last edited by Builder; 1st August 2016 at 18:12.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Builder For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Daniel Duxfield (5th August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (1st August 2016), pugwash84 (1st August 2016), quiltinggrandma (5th August 2016), Yuki (1st February 2017)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

Default Re: After School Satan Club

My daughter attends a Christian school so they wouldn't allow it there but there are other schools that have no religion in them at all not sure if they would embrace this as it is a cult/religion of sorts. Seems a bit attention seeking to me. Why can't they do something fun and caring like volunteering to look after shelter animals or visiting the elderly.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (1st August 2016), quiltinggrandma (5th August 2016), raff (2nd August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

It's a statement to keep religion out of schools. The schools have "Good News" clubs which are hardcore Christian clubs utilizing the school's resources to exist. These people want religion left out of schools, but to demonstrate how schools allow or support the cultivation of specific religious views only, the "After school Satan's club" only wants the same support that is offered to one other religion but no others.

Quote “While the Good News Clubs focus on indoctrination, instilling children with a fear of hell and God’s wrath, After School Satan Clubs will focus on free inquiry and rationalism,” Greaves said. “We prefer to give children an appreciation of the natural wonders surrounding them, not a fear of an everlasting other-worldly horror.”
    Quote Greaves is blunt: “We are only doing this because Good News Clubs have created a need for this. If Good News Clubs would operate in churches rather than public schools, that need would disappear. But our point is that if you let one religion into the public schools you have to let others, otherwise it’s an establishment of religion.”
    However, if one let's their bias and emotions get in the way (or doesn't read the article properly in favour of having their emotions pulled at be sensationalist headlines), the real message gets lost in emotional reaction. I agree with the "Satanists" - keep religion out of public school.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Daniel Duxfield (5th August 2016), Kryztian (24th September 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), Pam (4th August 2016), petra (1st August 2016), quiltinggrandma (5th August 2016), TargeT (1st August 2016), Yuki (1st February 2017), ZooLife (2nd August 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    However, if one let's their bias and emotions get in the way (or doesn't read the article properly in favour of having their emotions pulled at be sensationalist headlines), the real message gets lost in emotional reaction. I agree with the "Satanists" - keep religion out of public school.
    LOL @ Agree with the "Satanists" haha, Oh my!!

Laughing at Satan is a great start, let us hope it does not produce more "Miniature Satans" though, there's enough of those already

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Ines (3rd August 2016), Kryztian (24th September 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), raff (2nd August 2016), TargeT (1st August 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

[QUOTE=petra;1086593]
    ... let us hope it does not produce more "Miniature Satans" though, there's enough of those already
    Inerestingly, far more "little satans" were raised in a "Christian" home with "Christian" values than any "satanists" ever raised, or you can look into what life was like for the native children stolen from their families and placed into "residential schools" (run by churches) ... I never read much into what is expected of me to believe regarding labels. Hence I can say - keep religion out of public schools, and agree with these "satanists" (I actually read the article) -- it is about agreeing with the principle - never the labels (not for me) - these days I find much falseness in labels). Never about what I'm "expected" to believe or not believe.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Daniel Duxfield (5th August 2016), Kryztian (24th September 2016), Matthew (2nd August 2016), Pam (4th August 2016), petra (1st August 2016), sherron44 (4th August 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    ... let us hope it does not produce more "Miniature Satans" though, there's enough of those already
    Inerestingly, far more "little satans" were raised in a "Christian" home with "Christian" values than any "satanists" ever raised, or you can look into what life was like for the native children stolen from their families and placed into "residential schools" (run by churches) ... I never read much into what is expected of me to believe regarding labels. Hence I can say - keep religion out of public schools, and agree with these "satanists" (I actually read the article) -- it is about agreeing with the principle - never the labels (not for me) - these days I find much falseness in labels). Never about what I'm "expected" to believe or not believe.
    I believe that! I'm a Christian, but that doesn't mean I agree with all of the other ones. The amount of atrocities committed in the name of God might even be more than in the name of Satan!

I grew up with no religion, so in the Catholic school where I went, I didn't have to take the Christianity class, but I went anyway because I enjoyed listening. Children who are in a religious school but have no religion should all have that right to "not attend" the religion class if they do not want to. Then it gets back to the parents again - if they care about their child's freedom, let them "opt-out" of that religion class.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Daozen (24th September 2016), DeDukshyn (1st August 2016), Kryztian (24th September 2016), ZooLife (2nd August 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I believe that! I'm a Christian, but that doesn't mean I agree with all of the other ones. The amount of atrocities committed in the name of God might even be more than in the name of Satan!

I grew up with no religion, so in the Catholic school where I went, I didn't have to take the Christianity class, but I went anyway because I enjoyed listening. Children who are in a religious school but have no religion should all have that right to "not attend" the religion class if they do not want to. Then it gets back to the parents again - if they care about their child's freedom, let them "opt-out" of that religion class.
    I was born and raised in a rather Christian family, but I couldn't find much true spirituality there - True and proper spirituality is hard to find, likely mostly due to the fact that one can't just read some passages or recite the ritualistic oath "I believe Jesus is the one true God and saviour of my soul" and be spiritual, or even a good person. There's not really any effect; so I highly do not believe in the " ... say this and go and enjoy the pleasures of heaven, even if you are a serial rapist ...", and then be magically a better person or have some new spiritual insight - it doesn't happen that way. The words of Jesus were correct, but so grossly misused, misinterpreted and misconstrued by religion in order to control people better - the only reason. In this process, the spiritually valid things Jesus was trying to tell us have been completely lost or washed over.

That said, religion, at the "consumer" level, is wonderful for community, friendship, support, etc. I fully support it in this regard. Not sure about satanists though - I don't know any - but judging by this article, they seem ... practical, without spirituality.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st August 2016 at 22:36.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), petra (1st August 2016), ZooLife (2nd August 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

so I highly do not believe in the " ... say this and go and enjoy the pleasures of heaven, even if you are a serial rapist ..."
    SICK! Me either. What a thought. That's so awful I am actually laughing, seriously though! P-words and rapists need to get what they deserve, which in my opinion is castration.

and then be magically a better person or have some new spiritual insight - it doesn't happen that way. The words of Jesus were correct, but so grossly misused, misinterpreted and misconstrued by religion in order to control people better - the only reason. In this process, the spiritually valid things Jesus was trying to tell us have been completely lost or washed over.
    I like your subtle cynicism there, I feel it too. Magically, agggh! That word again! There's "no such thing" as magic as far as I am concerned, and if it was up to me I'd delete it from the dictionary

That said, religion, at the "consumer" level, is wonderful for community, friendship, support, etc. I fully support it in this regard. Not sure about satanists though - I don't know any - but judging by this article, they seem ... practical, without spirituality.
    Well I've read a little, it's not as awful as you'd think. I don't condemn anyone for calling themselves a "Satanist", I don't really think that's what it's coming across as. Seems like a joke to me though. I imagine the invisible devil lurking in the background saying "Get em into the cults, quick, while they're still little!" ha ha ha

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), DeDukshyn (1st August 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

Satanism should be utterly eradicated from the face of Arrakis!

That's about all that needs to be said...

Last edited by OMG; 2nd August 2016 at 02:30.

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OMG (here)

I assume you have vast inside knowledge about the "religion? (and how it relates to this article)" ... or are you spouting automated response based on expectations of response to a label? Did you read the article?

I'm not defending satanism, just a thorough process in critical thinking / rationale.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 2nd August 2016 at 02:43.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

It is a collective, also a vessel for control, whether it is Satan Club or other types of Clubs. In this case whoever formed this Club or going to form similar Clubs, will under estimate the consequences of their actions. Things such as this attracts attention from all quarters.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

I assume you have vast inside knowledge about the "religion? (and how it relates to this article)" ... or are you spouting automated response based on expectations of response to a label? Did you read the article?

I'm not defending satanism, just a thorough process in critical thinking / rationale.
    Religion shouldn't be part of secular Government Institutions (although spirit is in everything and everything is spirit). If people want religion in their educational facilities, etc, then they can have their choice of religious based schooling.

That said, Satanism (watered down or not, rhetoric or not) is about as much of a religion as a serial killer is a human being...
    Last edited by OMG; 2nd August 2016 at 03:31.

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member ZooLife's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,079 times in 1,967 posts

That said, Satanism (watered down or not, rhetoric or not) is about as much of a religion as a serial killer is a human being...
    That is solely based on one's definition of what religion is. A charged word religion, that is why there are so many.

I say believe what one wants to believe in what constitute a religion and what doesn't. Hell, we can make that a religion too.
    Last edited by ZooLife; 2nd August 2016 at 04:37.
    I still have eyes to see what the world would have me see but that doesn't mean I believe. - Sara

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZooLife For This Post:

Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), DeDukshyn (2nd August 2016)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

As long as there is no devil worship , sexual or other abuse,mind control , satanic
    ritual sacrifice , regalia , prayer or other reptilian rituals associated with other cults
    and religions should be fine . There are many sects in religions and athiests can
    do what they will in private or among themselves. It gets complicated if we think
    we are all eternal 'gods' experiencing this reality. There are many ways to look at
    this at different levels. But on the basic media/religious level everyone should be
    wary about any of this......

Satan is Saturn......David has done many interviews about religions and
    how it been used as a control meme , this is from around 2008 so his
    views may of slightly changed with more on going research. Other researchers
    and religious scholars would have different views.

David Icke - Religion

Uploaded on 15 Jun 2008
    David discusses the conspiracy at top of the religious institutions.

David Icke - Satanic Ritual

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t-Energy-Radio

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...s-Earth-smiled

===================================

Satanic Temple rolls out after-school program for kids

By David on 2 August 2016 GMT Satanism

RT NEWS.....

Satanic Temple rolls out after-school program for kids
    Published time: 1 Aug, 2016 12:57
    Edited time: 1 Aug, 2016 18:00

‘The Satanic Temple (TST) is planning to bring Lucifer to school by
    rolling out extra-curricular clubs across the US. ‘After School Satan’
    is the Temple’s response to a Supreme Court ruling allowing evangelical
    religious programs to operate in schools.
    Currently, nine clubs are listed as participating in the program including
    Los Angeles, Salt Lake City and Washington DC. The clubs will focus on
    “rationalism, free inquiry… and fun,” according to a promotional video.’

Read more: Satanic Temple rolls out after-school program for kids

https://www.rt.com/usa/354146-satani...ampaign=chrome

====================================================

I knew I should not have started down this rabbit hole...LOL I was looking for
    some short vids as David goes into more detail in the larger vids and presentations.

DAVID ICKE:The Religion Pyramid - Sell Them a Religion, Make Them Believe

Published on 3 Jul 2011
    An excerpt from David Icke Beyond the cutting edge (2008) in London

Dan Dicks interviews David Icke on Satanism and Demonic Possession

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 2nd August 2016 at 10:01.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cardillac (2nd August 2016), DbDraad (2nd August 2016)

27. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,188 times in 4,071 posts

If its a celebration of atheism why not call it after school atheists club

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Cidersomerset (2nd August 2016), DbDraad (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

29. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Beany's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    I was thinking the same... I'm sure the name was chosen to ruffle feathers. If it were called something like "the open mind club" it would draw far less attention and few would see it as threatening. The word "satan", seems to carry quite a punch. As already stated above.... it's the labels.
    "The only Zen you’ll find on the mountain tops, is the Zen you bring up there with you." ~Alan Watts~

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beany For This Post:

DbDraad (2nd August 2016), Matthew (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Because the point is about "religion" in schools - While I see atheism as a bit like unorganized religion, most people would not.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Matthew (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

33. Link to Post #18
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,188 times in 4,071 posts

Why confuse satanism with atheism? One is religious the other anti-religion. It's almost like they don't believe satanism exists outside their parody
    Last edited by Matthew; 2nd August 2016 at 14:46. Reason: joke becomes parody

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Nasu (24th September 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

35. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Satan is a title and job description, not a specific named being or whatnot. Like cop, or chef, or pilot.

A satan was a justice of the peace who was appointed, with abilities or powers or whatnot..whom delivered the judgement of the gods.

Saturn is the black sun, or the great father, the limiter. Eat your peas and vegetables, before dessert, do your homework, etc. and all the awful extremes of such expression.

Seeing a satan was considered to bad news, as usually the decisions of the gods had someone or some group ending up dead, displaced, etc. Or worse.

The important point is that a satan ---is not Lucifer. Ain't got nuthin' to do with Lucifer.

The satan thing is modern ignorance run rampant. (not that I found and understood this difference at birth, or anything so trite)

Lucifer was the angel of the dawn, and in astrology this is the ascendant, the astrological point of total I/O coloration of the addition of the soul into the body/avatar. The point of the sun on the horizon when the person was born, described by the astrological degree it was at, during the exact moment of birth.

This given exact degree becomes the input/output filter for the body/avatar, described as that astrological degree's given nature...and it's connectivity to the astrological chart of the individual. Sun position at birth, then ascendant and moon position. Those three are considered to be the most important or influencing aspects. Not specifically always true, but so potent that they are indeed exactly that, the top three. The ascendant is also known as 'the rising sign'. See the connection?
    Last edited by Carmody; 2nd August 2016 at 15:01.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Beany (2nd August 2016), Chester (2nd August 2016), DeDukshyn (4th August 2016), Eram (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016), noprophet (16th August 2016), petra (2nd August 2016)

37. Link to Post #20
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Because the point is about "religion" in schools - While I see atheism as a bit like unorganized religion, most people would not.
    I never thought of it that way!

I've come to respect many more Athiests than I have Christians, and I know why too. They're more apt to question things

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The important point is that a satan ---is not Lucifer. Ain't got nuthin' to do with Lucifer.
    I feel like I need to clap. *applause*

I used to think Lucifer was "The Devil" because that's what I was being taught. Oh my.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DeDukshyn (4th August 2016), Matthew (2nd August 2016), Nasu (24th September 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast