+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst 1 18 28 38 71 LastLast

Thread: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

1. Link to Post #541
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,881 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

Sott Earth changes summary April 2019: Extreme Weather, Planetary Upheaval, Meteor Fireballs

“To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), Constance (23rd May 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (23rd May 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th May 2019), Star Tsar (10th June 2019), Wind (23rd May 2019)

3. Link to Post #542
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: Weird, wild weather: floods, freak storms, giant hail, record lows, all over the world

From Robert Felix (Ice Age Now):

Making my actions match my words

April 15, 2019 by Robert

Moving to Texas
    Several readers have emailed me asking “Where the hell are you? You haven’t posted anything in a week.”

Some have even guessed that I’m traveling, and they guessed correctly.

I’ve lived in the Seattle area for more than 30 years, but with all my talk of the impending ice age, it seemed like it was time to move south.

So that’s what I’m doing right now. For the past week I’ve been driving a 26-ft Penske truck with a car carrier in tow, and my wife sitting beside me, moving ourselves and our belongings to Texas.

It has taken longer than we expected because last week’s mid-country blizzard really messed with our travels. We were planning on taking a 45-degree route through Utah and Colorado, but had to re-route much farther south (and lots more miles). Even then, we got snowed on on three of our travel days.

I hope to get back onto a regular posting schedule within the next few days.

Sincerely,

Robert

On the road again

May 26, 2019 by Robert

My apologies for not yet approving so many of your comments.

As you may or not know, I rented a huge Penske truck and car carrier and moved from the Seattle area to Texas just four weeks ago.

Well, I couldn’t fit everything into the truck, so I just flew back, rented another huge Penske truck and another car carrier, and am on the road again back to Texas.

We’re talking about more than 2,000 miles and the truck has a governor that doesn’t allow me to go faster than 70 mph, so the trip will take several days.

Please bear with me here, I’ll be back soon.

Robert
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (31st May 2019), Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), justntime2learn (31st May 2019), Pam (10th June 2019), Wind (31st May 2019)

5. Link to Post #543
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,279 times in 2,100 posts

Wow, what an adventure - and what a switch going from the north west down to Texas.

Enjoy yourselves. I have done similar moves myself.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

avid (31st May 2019), Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (31st May 2019), justntime2learn (31st May 2019), Pam (10th June 2019)

7. Link to Post #544
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Latest from Sott Media...

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    SOTT Media

May 2019 : Earth Changes Summary

Published 9th June 2019

Winter is coming... In May! The sun has been spotless for 19 consecutive days - almost 3 full weeks, could this be one of the many signals of beginning of a new ice age, mini....or maxi?

May 2019 became yet another portent of what may be to come in the not so distant future for most of the world: sheets of rain, floods, massive hail, plunging temperatures, unseasonalable snow, damaged and failed crops, significant earthquakes, tornados and more volcano eruptions.

Heavy rains and widespread floods hit most of the US Midwest, parts of Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

In the US, the Mississippi river overflowed due to heavy rains, breaking historical records. At least three people died, and tens of thousands have been displaced.

In Europe, Germany and Austria received over 1 month's worth of rain that flooded streets and disrupted travel. While the Middle East saw flash floods leaving dozens dead, houses destroyed and streets wiped out. In China torrential rains turned deadly with over 200,000 affected.

Unseasonable snow also continued in May, with heavy blankets covering the Midwest and western US, with parts of Europe also affected, resulting in delayed planting and damaged crops. Meanwhile in Australia early snow falls dumped snow right across the country.

The Ring of Fire remained active this May with increased volcanic activity and a 6.2 Mag earthquake in El Salvador sparking panic and tsunami warnings. Peru was also rocked by a huge 8.0 Mag earthquake that was felt as far as Brazil, leaving one dead and several injured.

All that, and more, in this month's SOTT Earth Changes Summary...

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

avid (10th June 2019), Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), Flyswim (10th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (10th June 2019), justntime2learn (10th June 2019), Pam (10th June 2019), Rosemarie (10th June 2019)

9. Link to Post #545
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,991 times in 2,110 posts

Food for thought , lots of changes happening.

https://neonnettle.com/news/7749-nat...-of-heavy-snow

National Park Quietly Removes 'Climate Change' Warning After Years of Heavy Snow

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

avid (10th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (12th June 2019), Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), BMJ (12th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (10th June 2019), justntime2learn (10th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th June 2019), Rosemarie (10th June 2019), Star Tsar (25th June 2019)

11. Link to Post #546
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Hailstones the size of GRAPEFRUITS batter countries across Europe

Tiffany Lo Mirror
    Wed, 12 Jun 2019 14:39 UTC

The giant hailstones measuring up to 14cm in diameter © Marko Korosec/Solent News

Hailstones as big as grapefruits hammered several countries across Europe, causing chaos and damaging thousands of homes and buildings.

The fierce hailstorm has battered parts of Slovenia, Croatia and Germany since Monday as strong gale-force winds brought cold temperatures along with intense rainfall.

Enormous hailstones were found in Stari trg ob Kolpi, Deskova vas and Predgrad, Slovenia by Marko Korosec, who is a weather adviser for traffic and highways.

The 37-year-old said: "There was significant damage to cars and houses, complete destruction in some areas.

© Marko Korosec/Solent News

The hailstorm battered Slovenia on Monday evening

"Most of the roofs of houses were completely destroyed, cars as well - all windows and windshields shattered."

Videos posted onto social media show hailstones the size of tennis balls shredding foliage in gardens as they fall to the ground.

Mr Korosec said: "The biggest I measured was 11cm which was two to three hours after the storm.

"In that time they would have melted by 2cm to 3cm so in reality the hailstones were up to14cm in diameter."

Significant damage was dealt to 200 houses in Stari trg ob Kolpi alone, plus others in Prelesje, Deskova vas, Kovaca vas and Predgrad, which are along the border of Slovenia and Croatia.

Scores of firefighters were called out yesterday to help people affected by the storm.

Mr Korosec added: "I was completely shocked to see so many big hailstones there.

"We were expecting very large hail, maybe 5cm to 7cm in some areas - but I never thought I would find hailstones the size of grapefruits."

The hailstones are as big as grapefruits © Marko Korosec/Solent News

Mr Korosec, from Sezana, Slovenia, was tracking the storm as part of his job, and said: "Radar images were very impressive and showed there must be very large hail in there.

"The storm was moving over very complex terrain and I wasn't chasing it from very close.

"I waited for it to pass, looked after and found those incredible hail bombs."

The adverse weather conditions also hit the Bavarian region in southern Germany, damaging houses and injuring a seven-year-old boy, according to local media.

Local weather services reported that the region was battered by winds with gusts up 75mph.

Witnesses caught up in the storm filmed hailstones the size of golf balls pummeling the water and thudding on decking around Lake Ammersee.

Verena Weis, who was aboard a boat in the lake when the storm began, told Euronews: "It did not rain at all. The hail came immediately.

"First, everyone was fascinated on board, then worried.

"Many were worried about their cars."

The German Weather Service has issued a level 4 storm warning and warned the public to look out for heavy thunderstorms, gale-force gusts of winds and extremely heavy rain and hail.

Poland was also pummeled:

Italy and Turkey meanwhile both witnessed huge accumulations of hail:

Related:
    See article for more twitter pictures and videos
    Giant hailstones hit Munich and Bavaria as storms continue across Germany

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (12th June 2019), Ba-ba-Ra (12th June 2019), Bill Ryan (12th June 2019), BMJ (12th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), justntime2learn (12th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th June 2019), pyrangello (25th June 2019), seko (2nd July 2019), Star Tsar (25th June 2019)

13. Link to Post #547
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

'Atmospheric tsunami' hits the east coast of Malta

Philip Leone Ganado Times of Malta
    Fri, 21 Jun 2019 00:54 UTC

© Times of Malta

An 'atmospheric tsunami' struck Malta's east coast early on Monday morning, sweeping small boats onto the rocks in Xemxija and registering on ocean monitoring stations in St Julian's.

An eyewitness in Xemxija told Times of Malta that at about 6am, the sea level began to rise and fall by around 60 centimetres in regular cycles every few minutes. The phenomenon lasted roughly an hour, leaving several small boats stranded on the shore.

Aldo Drago, head of the University of Malta's oceanography research group, said the phenomenon was known as a coastal seiche, or milgħuba, caused by atmospheric changes.

"In the early hours of the day a train of atmospheric gravity waves hit the Maltese islands from the east; their impact on the sea is like a big sea hammer repeatedly hitting the sea surface and producing long period waves in the open sea areas," Prof. Drago said.

The phenomenon was captured by monitoring stations forming part of a national observing system run by the oceanography research group, positioned near Portomaso.

These stations picked up intense atmospheric waves starting at around 2.30am and continuing for around three hours.

Prof. Drago said that while sea level changes near Portomaso were quite limited, the effect would have been amplified within bays.

Moreover, he said, the same phenomenon would have also occurred at Mellieħa Bay, which was known to oscillate in direct opposition to St Paul's Bay as two connected water bodies, and where sea level changes of more than one metre had been observed in the past.

Prof. Drago also had some words of warning for the owners of vehicles parked on a quay close to where the phenomenon was observed: "Just a few centimetres higher and these sea level oscillations could well have well drifted the vehicles away!"

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (25th June 2019), Bill Ryan (25th June 2019), Constance (26th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th June 2019), pyrangello (25th June 2019), Satori (25th June 2019), seko (2nd July 2019), Star Tsar (25th June 2019), Wind (25th June 2019)

15. Link to Post #548
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Running Naked Through A Supermarket And Other Crazy Things Happening As Heatwave Hits Europe

© AFP 2019 / Kenzo Tribouillard

Sputnik World
    14:13 26.06.2019

At least three people have died as a heatwave - with temperatures of at least 40 degrees Celsius - hits Europe. The hot weather is linked to what is known as the Saharan Bubble phenomena.

Three swimmers have died on separate beaches in southern France in the last few days, according to news outlet LCI.

One of them was a 70-year-old man who apparently suffered a cardiac arrest due to the “thermic shock” of jumping into cold water on a broiling hot day.

Mark Maslin‏ @ProfMarkMaslin

Current European heatwave caused by extreme seventh Rossby wave allowing tropic air into the far north. Just as 2003, 2006, 2015, 2018. #ClimateChange makes these e #heatwave. In 2003, heatwave killed more than 70,000 elderly people in Northern Europe. https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ab13bf …

12:04 AM - 25 Jun 2019
    6 replies 185 retweets 160 likes
    ​A 2,000 mile wide plume of hot air has been blown north from the deserts of Africa and is due to reach the UK later this week.

The heatwave has sparked some very odd behaviour elsewhere in Europe.

Germany
    A 32-year-old German man in Hemer, near Düsseldorf, stripped off and ran naked through the freezer section of a supermarket.

Speed restrictions have been placed on the autobahns - which are usually unlimited - as the unusually warm weather raises the risks of blow-outs as the hot tarmac shreds car and lorry tyres.

On Tuesday, 25 June, a forest fire was raging north of Cottbus in Brandenburg state.
    The fire was especially dangerous because of the risk of unexploded ammunition left in the area, which is home to a NATO military training range.

Italy
    Bears and other animals at Rome Zoo have been given special ice lollies designed to cool them down.

In the seaside town of Eloro in Sicily 41 cars were destroyed by flames after a fire broke out in tinder-dry bushes close to a beach car park.

France
    On Monday, 24 June, the French government suspended exams for 14- and 15-year-olds because of the heat.

​Responding to accusations from the Opposition that they were over-reacting, Health Minister Agnes Buzyn said: "This isn't scaremongering. I'm asking everyone to take responsibility for themselves, their family and their neighbours and to avoid a backlog in emergency rooms due to people taking unnecessary risks."

In 2003 a heatwave killed 15,000, mostly elderly, people.

Paris has opened its public parks at night to allow residents without air conditioning to sleep in the cooler, open air.

EU Environment‏Verified account @EU_ENV

Alert by the Emergency Response Coordination Center @eu_echo By 27 June, the first heatwave for 2019 is expected to peak in Europe, with extreme temperatures all over Europe. Be very careful, avoid any fire hazards and pay extra attention to your health. https://erccportal.jrc.ec.europa.eu/emaildailymap/title/ECHO%20Daily%20Map%20of%2024%20June%202019 …

2:14 AM - 25 Jun 2019
    ​The city of Lyon has created maps showing people where they can escape the heat, like air-conditioned museums and pools.

But Aude Lemonsu, who heads up Meteo-France's research centre, said air conditioning was exacerbating the heat in urban areas.

Mr Lemonsu said: "The more you use air conditioning in buildings, the more you heat the outside air.”

Spain
    TV weather presenter Silvia Laplana riffed on the Game Of Thrones catchphrase "Winter is coming."

Silvia Laplana‏ @slaplana_tve

El infierno is coming.

11:10 PM - 23 Jun 2019
    1,145 replies 11,035 retweets 21,209 likes
    ​"El infierno (Hell) is coming," she tweeted on Sunday, 23 June, alongside a weather map.

A stifling 45 degrees is expected on Friday in the Catalan city of Girona, and 44 degrees in Zaragoza at the weekend.

​Five northern provinces were placed on an orange high alert for a heatwave on Wednesday, 26 June, with another five to be added by the weekend.

Poland
    Poland has also been experiencing high temperatures this month, which has led to 42 people drowning as they tried to cool off in rivers and the sea.

There has also been a surge in use of air conditioning, which led power generator PSE to warn of record rates of electricity demand.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (26th June 2019), Bill Ryan (26th June 2019), Constance (26th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), justntime2learn (27th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th June 2019), RunningDeer (26th June 2019), seko (2nd July 2019)

17. Link to Post #549
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,451 times in 32,921 posts

Meanwhile, on the Equator:
    Landslides threaten homes, strand motorists as flooding and cold temperatures plague the sierra

More than 50 families were staying in temporary shelters near Baños de Ambato Sunday night due to river flooding that damaged or threatens their homes. Due to a Saturday landslide, several homes on a cliff overlooking the Rio Verde are in danger of collapsing, according to risk management officers.

East of Quito and Ambato, as many as 100 bus and car passengers have been trapped between landslides, some for as long as 48 hours. At least seven highways are affected, including the major routes connecting Quito and the Amazon. Rescue workers were at several locations Sunday but say it could be another day before they can reach all stranded passengers and motorists.

Houses on the brink in Baños de Ambato following a Saturday landslide.

The country’s 911 service says it has reports that several vehicles have been buried by landslides or pushed over cliffs.

Unseasonably cold temperatures are also creating problems in much of the sierra. Icy roads in the Cajas Mountains, west of Cuenca, are blamed for several accidents and transit police are recommending that motorists use extreme caution at elevations about 3,800 meters (12,500 feet). Light snow was reported at higher elevations of the Cajas Sunday night.

The radar station in Cajas National Park was out of service for two hours Sunday morning due to ice build-up.

In Chimborazo Province, the cold weather is being blamed for the deaths of two farm workers.

The radar station in the Cajas Mountains was covered with snow and ice Sunday.

In Cuenca, the high temperature reached only 11ºC (52ºF) on Saturday and Sunday, 4 degrees below normal. The Monday morning low at the San Blas Plaza weather station was 2ºC (36ºF). At the weather station at Cajas National Park, Saturday and Sunday morning temperatures dipped to -4ºC (24ºF).

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (26th June 2019), bennycog (4th July 2019), Constance (26th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (26th June 2019), justntime2learn (27th June 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th June 2019), RunningDeer (26th June 2019), seko (2nd July 2019), Star Tsar (10th July 2019), Yoda (26th June 2019)

19. Link to Post #550
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,762 times in 4,342 posts

My thoughts are with you Hervé, and anyone else on the continent. It must be unbearable, and frankly quite dangerous with that degree of heat. We're expecting to hit 30C (86F) here in the UK on saturday, and for me and most that's overkill, especially considering the very wet, cool summer we've had so far (last week it was 11C)- much more to my taste. We're not set up for heatwaves at all (no one here has A/C). I pray we don't get a repeat of last summer, we had 6 weeks of hell. 20C is quite enough thank you. Anyway, stay safe everyone and buckle up.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

avid (26th June 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), Constance (26th June 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (26th June 2019), justntime2learn (27th June 2019), RunningDeer (26th June 2019)

21. Link to Post #551
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Mexico – Hail almost 7-ft deep stops trailer trucks in their tracks – Video

by Robert July 1, 2019

And we wonder what could have trapped and flash-frozen a million mammoths. This hailstorm lasted only a few hours. Imagine the mayhem if it had continued for days.

A freak hail storm struck Guadalajara yesterday, shocking residents and trapping vehicles in ice pellets up to two meters (almost 7 ft) deep.

“I’ve never seen such scenes in Guadalajara,” said the state governor, Enrique Alfaro.

“These are never-before-seen natural phenomenons,” he said.

“It’s incredible.”
    Photos show hail almost up to the hoods on trailer trucks. This trucker was lucky (see video below). The hail came up ‘only’ to the top of the truck’s fenders.

At least six neighborhoods in the city outskirts woke up to ice pellets up to two meters deep.

The actual hailstones measured less than 1cm in diameter (less than 4/10ths of an inch).

Guadalajara, about 350 miles northwest of Mexico City, has a population of around five million.

See photos:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48821306
    https://news.yahoo.com/freak-hail-st...000911507.html

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (3rd July 2019), bennycog (4th July 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd July 2019), Cara (2nd July 2019), Constance (3rd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), justntime2learn (2nd July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd July 2019), RunningDeer (2nd July 2019), seko (2nd July 2019), Star Tsar (10th July 2019), Sunny (3rd July 2019), what is a name? (2nd July 2019)

23. Link to Post #552
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

After seeing this Mexico hail event I was curious to know how unusual it was. Many events get reported as weird, rare, unusual, etc. simply becasue now there is someone to record it with cameras.

I wondered if although unusual, this particular event was not unprecedented, but because this time it happened over a city, everyone took notice.

Well, I found the article below from the Washington Post. It is unusual, but not unprecedented and is unlikely to have anything to do with climate change. (It also explains why the photos look more dramatic than it actually was.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...=.180ad35d0657
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 3rd July 2019 at 07:54.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

avid (3rd July 2019), bennycog (4th July 2019), Bill Ryan (3rd July 2019), Constance (3rd July 2019), Franny (10th July 2019), Hervé (3rd July 2019), RunningDeer (4th July 2019), Star Tsar (10th July 2019), ulli (3rd July 2019), Wind (3rd July 2019)

25. Link to Post #553
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

SOTT Earth Changes Summary - June 2019: Extreme Weather, Planetary Upheaval, Meteor Fireballs

All over the world last month massive and sudden deluges swept away land, homes and people. Although it's the start of 'summer' in the Northern hemisphere, the Lake Baikal region in Siberia saw its worst flooding in living memory, flooding occurred in the deserts of Yemen, Libya, New Mexico and Mongolia, while cities from southern Mexico to southern Italy were hit with massive quantities of hail.

The manifestation of back-to-back extremes, in both space and time, is the defining characteristic of this 'age of transition' we have entered. The first half of June brought wet and wild with weather to Europe, with violent storms inundating the region with rain, cold and hail... but in the second half of the month an extreme heatwave struck, causing all-time record high temperatures in France and raging wildfires in Spain.

Strong earthquakes in China, Japan and Indonesia were accompanied by major volcanic eruptions along the Ring of Fire. The massive quantities of ash and dust they pump into the atmosphere, likely significant factors driving climate change, along with the 'meteor smoke' from trails of meteor fireballs, were 'reflected' last month by the major outbreak of 'night-shining' clouds at unprecedentedly low latitudes.

Or on Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/346511251

To understand what's going on, check out our book explaining how all these events are part of a natural climate shift, and why it's taking place now:

Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection

Check out previous installments in this series - now translated into multiple languages - and more videos from SOTT Media here, here, or here.

See Also:
    Nearly a month's worth of rain in ONE hour triggers travel nightmare in Washington DC

Putin travels to Siberia as floods turn deadly - at least 23 killed and 8 still missing (UPDATE)

Mud volcano erupts again in Taiwan

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

avid (10th July 2019), Bill Ryan (10th July 2019), Constance (10th July 2019), Flyswim (31st July 2019), justntime2learn (10th July 2019), RunningDeer (10th July 2019), Star Tsar (10th July 2019)

27. Link to Post #554
    Thanks

Joseph Ferrell reports on extreme world wide-weather and weather modification. Temperatures of 37C - 42C are being seen as far north as Switzerland. He states bluntly that weather is no longer "an act of God" but is precisely what can be done with ionospheric heaters to drive or stall weather systems - which is what we are seeing.

I was speaking with a friend last night; she mentioned her recent road trip from So Cal to Chicago and back. She said the corn and other crops were very short to almost nonexistent in the midwest fields which is highly unusual and also brought up JF's video below.
    _____

America's heartland is experiencing record rains and flooding, Australia is baking and importing wheat(!), Europe is also baking from stalled systems, cities in India are trucking in water... and scholarships are being offered in weather modification. But there's something missing from the discussion:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-0...

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arch...

http://www.nawmc.org/

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2019), Constance (12th July 2019), justntime2learn (12th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th July 2019), RunningDeer (12th July 2019), Star Tsar (12th July 2019), Sunny (15th July 2019)

29. Link to Post #555
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,762 times in 4,342 posts

Possibility of more temperature records being broken tomorrow in the UK. Talk of 36c (or more) in places, which would break the previous record set just 4 years ago.

I'm not a global warming proponent, but it's hard to ignore a simple observation: that over the last 7 or 8 years summers (here) are getting hotter and hotter and drier and drier. At the same time, winters are getting milder and drier. Snow is not as common either, same for heavy ice/frost.

I have thought for some time that they are 'messing' with things. Possibly by super-heating the atmosphere with HAARP, or by some other idiotic means, to mitigate global cooling, and perpetuate the desired narrative (and myth) that man-made global warming is a reality.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th July 2019), Billy (30th July 2019), Constance (25th July 2019), Franny (1st August 2019), justntime2learn (30th July 2019), RunningDeer (24th July 2019), Sunny (1st August 2019), Wind (24th July 2019)

31. Link to Post #556
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Snow in France forces cancellation of one of the biggest sport events in the world

by Robert July 29, 2019

“Violent Weather Forces Early Halt to Tour de France Stage 19,” reads the headline. At the end of July!“Snow in France causes cancellation of a stage of Tour de France,” reads another.

Stage 19 of the Tour de France was halted on Friday when the roads became covered in snow and a hail storm near the finish line forced cancellation of the remainder of the stage. Crews quickly brought out snowplows to try to clear the slush on the roads, and some were buried under the remains of a large landslide.

Snowplows! At the end of July!
    At about 13 minutes into the above video, the announcers become aware of snow on the roads. At about 14:15 minutes in you see the first snowplow. And at about 14:50 minutes, you learn that the snow has forced cancellation of the race. At the end of July!

Snow, and a snow plow, show up at about 3:45 in the above video. At 4:08 you can actually see the falling snow.

“This has never happened in modern history,” says one of the officials.

Has the mainstream media bothered to tell you about this?

See several more videos:
    https://www.si.com/more-sports/2019/...xtreme-weather

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2019/07/tour-...-weather-wins/

Thanks to Wilfried Polte in Germany, Alex Tanase in Romania and Tom Merkle for these links

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (1st August 2019), Bill Ryan (30th July 2019), Billy (30th July 2019), Franny (1st August 2019), justntime2learn (30th July 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (30th July 2019), Rosemarie (30th July 2019), Sunny (1st August 2019), Valerie Villars (30th July 2019)

33. Link to Post #557
    Thanks

Well if HAARP (or similar) is generating so much energy and beaming it in a way that changes weather patterns, it's quite astonishing that this energy has not been detected by observers of ELF, VLF, LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF EM propagation.

Therefore it would be really useful if someone could explain how this energy is being beamed around the planet without detection - on any frequency.

It has never shown up on any 24/7 monitoring equipment. It has never left any tell-tail signs for those operating below-the-noise communications experiments. It's never shown up on any ionosonds, using any measurements on any wavelength, and apparently goes completely undetected on magnetometers, or any other type of detectors, be those operated by amateur scientists or professional scientific organizations.

I think an explanation of how HAARP can achieve this is overdue.

Or maybe when operating, HAARP et al do indeed create problems with communications and/or navigation systems, but my blinkered thinking overlooks these reports. If so, could someone please bring them to my attention?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 31st July 2019 at 20:55.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

AutumnW (1st August 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2019), Cara (2nd August 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd August 2019)

35. Link to Post #558
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)
    Well if HAARP (or similar) is generating so much energy and beaming it in a way that changes weather patterns, it's quite astonishing that this energy has not been detected by observers of ELF, VLF, LF, MF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF EM propagation.

Therefore it would be really useful if someone could explain how this energy is being beamed around the planet without detection - on any frequency.

It has never shown up on any 24/7 monitoring equipment. It has never left any tell-tail signs for those operating below-the-noise communications experiments. It's never shown up on any ionosonds, using any measurements on any wavelength, and apparently goes completely undetected on magnetometers, or any other type of detectors, be those operated by amateur scientists or professional scientific organizations.

Or maybe when operating, HAARP et al do indeed create problems with communications and/or navigation systems, but my blinkered thinking overlooks these reports. If so, could someone please bring them to my attention?

Thank you.
    Mmm. No answer was the reply. Seems we have no meteorologists willing to contribute.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

AutumnW (1st August 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2019)

37. Link to Post #559
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Quote Posted by Nick Matkin (here)

Thank you.
    I don’t know how the ionospheric heaters work besides that they are large antenna arrays transmitting electromagnetic radiation directed at the ionosphere - I’ve not looked into them.

Nor do I have a good knowledge of the ionosphere itself aside from a basic understanding that it has been modelled as a plasma (for instance here: http://www.tp.umu.se/space/Proj_08/Jamil_M.pdf).

Given my limited knowledge (and therefore limited ability to ask the right questions), what seems to need more clarity is:
    • Are these antenna arrays able to produce and transmit sufficiently high power to create and/or influence these types of weather effects? (As compared to, for instance, the sun or cosmic radiation)
    • Can the transmissions be constrained and focussed in such a narrow way as to direct specific weather events?

Perhaps others with more technical understanding could modify or add to these as needed.

~~~

Related to this, for those who might be interested:

There are six blog articles on a plasma and electromagnetic (EM) explanation for earth structures and weather here:
    https://thedailyplasma.blog/category/electric-universe/
    They would not stand up to peer review type of scrutiny but they do seem to be an attempt to see how EM weather works and I found them interesting reading.

In some ways they’re in the same vein as the Electric Universe group (https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/) and the work done and academic research highlighted by Suspicious Observers / Ben Davidson (https://suspicious0bservers.org/).

There is also a useful site on the plasma nature of the universe here: https://www.plasma-universe.com/
    This site states that it is peer reviewed.

As far as I have seen, none of these provide a link back to ionospheric heaters on earth. Rather they are looking at large scale, cosmic level EM effects.
    Last edited by Cara; 2nd August 2019 at 06:44.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

avid (2nd August 2019), Bill Ryan (2nd August 2019), Hervé (8th August 2019), justntime2learn (2nd August 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd August 2019), Nick Matkin (2nd August 2019)

39. Link to Post #560
    Thanks

Sott.net
    Mon, 05 Aug 2019 18:58 UTC

SOTT Earth Changes Summary - July 2019: Extreme Weather, Planetary Upheaval, Meteor Fireballs

https://www.sott.net/article/418111-...teor-Fireballs

More than 200 people died and thousands were displaced as an unusually heavy monsoon season brought flooding and landslides leaving devastation across India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Torrential rains also triggered unprecedented floods and landslides in southeast China, displacing 77,000 people and affecting more than 20 million.

North America had its share of heavy rain too, leaving Washington and Pittsburgh swamped, and engulfing New Orleans turning streets into rivers that swept away dozens of cars and forced many to paddle their way in kayaks.

The heat wave that affected some parts of Europe, was overshadowed by violent storms, flash-flooding and mudslides throughout the region; including Spain, Romania, France, and Austria - but this was just a day in the park for Italy. Severe weather in the country brought apocalyptic hailstorms, flash floods that swept away cars like toys, and winds so fierce they uprooted large trees leaving behind all sorts of devastation.

Several intense earthquakes took thousands by surprise around the world this month, a 5.7 Mag in Iran, 6.6 Mag in Western Australia, 7.3 Mag in eastern Indonesia, a 5.3 Mag in the capital of Greece... but the most significant ones took place in southern California; a 6.3 Mag, considered the most intense in decades, only to be eclipsed by a 7.1 Mag earthquake the following day and raising fears of 'the big one'.

Music used: Quiet Sun by Kiddkrush. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International

To understand what's going on, check out our book explaining how all these events are part of a natural climate shift, and why it's taking place now:

Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection

Check out previous installments in this series - now translated into multiple languages - and more videos from SOTT Media here, here, or here.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (14th August 2019), Bill Ryan (7th August 2019), Constance (7th August 2019), Hervé (8th August 2019), justntime2learn (13th August 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst 1 18 28 38 71 LastLast