+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Romney, McCain, Bush, other major Republicans Set to Endorse Libertarian Gary Johnson for President"

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "Romney, McCain, Bush, other major Republicans Set to Endorse Libertarian Gary Johnson for President"

Here is a link to the article dated August 6,2016, that claims that both former Bush Presidents and other major Republicans will endorse Gary Johnson next week:
    http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016...nson/1713.html

It would be surreal, if this really happened. What do you all think. Is this really going to happen? Even if Gary Johnson wins electoral votes from just a few states, it could prevent any candidate from getting a majority of electoral votes and throw the decision to the House of Representatives, which has a Republican majority that might support Johnson over Trump. Also there is a possibility of Gary Johnson winning the election outright with major Republican support. I read an article where internal polling showed Johnson leading in Utah, if Romney endorses him.

Is the Republican establishment and PTB more afraid of Trump than Johnson? Are they worried at all about empowering a third party, which they don't control?

Just 4 hours ago there was an article about the first Congressman that is coming out in support of Johnson, which doesn't surprise me, but I find it hard to believe that the Bushes would. At least we won't have to wait long to find out. Here is the article about a Congressman supporting Johnson:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/us...gell.html?_r=0

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alien Ramone For This Post:

Cipher (7th August 2016), ghostrider (7th August 2016), KiwiElf (7th August 2016), Nasu (7th August 2016), peterpam (25th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: "Romney, McCain, Bush, other major Republicans Set to Endorse Libertarian Gary Johnson for President"

just doing whatever they can to get Hillary elected.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016), bettye198 (7th August 2016), ghostrider (7th August 2016), KiwiElf (7th August 2016), mpennery (7th August 2016), Satori (7th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016), sommervr (7th August 2016), sunwings (7th August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,174 times in 20,635 posts

Default Re: "Romney, McCain, Bush, other major Republicans Set to Endorse Libertarian Gary Johnson for President"

Quote Posted by robinr1 (here)
    Perhaps it's quite different. Perhaps the higher level Bastards in Power are setting up the Bush-Clinton-Obama-Neocon-Etc crime families and their apologists, propagandists (e.g. CNN) and minions ... for a giant fall.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016), Nasu (7th August 2016), peterpam (25th August 2016), Sammy (7th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Sammy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,287 times in 4,843 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Perhaps it's quite different. Perhaps the higher level Bastards in Power are setting up the Bush-Clinton-Obama-Neocon-Etc crime families and their apologists, propagandists (e.g. CNN) and minions ... for a giant fall.
    Just like the Panama Papers was also meant to do... slice off a bunch of fat.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016), Lifebringer (8th August 2016), Nasu (7th August 2016), Paul (7th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016), Wind (7th August 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I cant say this wont happen , but will only believe it when I see it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robinr1 For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,587 times in 6,628 posts

I love it when both democrats and republicans are afraid of one outsider that has a pretty good head for business, and doesn't need their super pack money ... their gangster control is in danger, cant remember the last time a true independent thats not a politician became president ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016), Nasu (7th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member bettye198's Avatar
    Laguna Niguel, CA - The Pearl of South Coast!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,277 times in 463 posts

I guess so much for Trump endorsing McCain for Senate in AZ the other day on national TV during his Wisconsin rally.
    When you realize where you come from, you naturally become tolerant, disinterested, amused, kindhearted as a grandparent, dignified as a king. -- I Ching

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bettye198 For This Post:

Alien Ramone (7th August 2016)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 times in 295 posts

While I agree that many Democrats and Republicans are afraid of a wildcard like Trump, we know they are not the ones pulling the strings behind these campaigns and I doubt very much that the PTB have any worries in this regard.

Do we have any doubt that the PTB can manipulate the Republican Party in a similar manner to which the DNC was (willingly) manipulated to get Clinton across the line? If that is true, the PTB have known all along that at the appropriate time, which seems to be coming up now, they can sideline Trump.

It wouldn't surprise many of us if we discovered that the PTB asked Trump to run for President in the first place and sweetened the deal with a huge financial pay-off for his efforts whether he lost or won. Of course, they would have known all along that they could fix it so that Trump was dumped at some point in favor of an establishment puppet like Gary Johnson who they know would not have a chance in hell of beating Clinton and the PTB's beloved Clinton killing machine.

In terms of timing, perhaps it's not a coincidence that the move to oust Trump coincides with the neutralisation of Sanders? Many of us already suspect that Sanders was offered a deal and/or intimidated to withdraw so it's not a quantum leap to believe Trump won't be offered something similar if the deal was not done from the outset.

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    I love it when both democrats and republicans are afraid of one outsider who has a pretty good head for business and doesn't need their super pac money. Their gangster control is in danger, can't remember the last time a true independent that's not a politician became president.
    Our destiny is in our hands. Let us visualise a world of truth, freedom and equality.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andre For This Post:

Alien Ramone (8th August 2016), ghostrider (8th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,587 times in 6,628 posts

I wonder if this will be the first time a person not a politician is elected to be president, if he wins of course , anything could happen between now and November ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Alien Ramone (8th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Alien Ramone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Andre (here)

It wouldn't surprise many of us if we discovered that the PTB asked Trump to run for President in the first place and sweetened the deal with a huge financial pay-off for his efforts whether he lost or won. Of course, they would have known all along that they could fix it so that Trump was dumped at some point in favor of an establishment puppet like Gary Johnson who they know would not have a chance in hell of beating Clinton and the PTB's beloved Clinton killing machine
    Based on your wording, I'm not sure, but it sounds like you are calling Gary Johnson an establishment puppet. I don't see that. Johnson tried to run for president as a Republican in 2012, but was blocked out of the Republican primary debates after being in the first debate. That is part of the reason that he joined the Libertarian party. Also he's not on board with establishment backing of wars to enrich the Military Industrial Complex and would like to get rid of the Federal Reserve, abolish the TSA, and let the Patriot Act expire.

This is why it would seem surreal to me for the article about Bushes and others coming out to support Johnson to be correct. A Romney endorsement of Johnson seems possible, since Romney had hinted at the idea, and Romney knows and likes Johnson's vice presidential pick, Bill Weld, who was also a Governor of Massachusetts. Still, I'm leaning toward thinking that Romney will be influenced not to endorse Johnson. It's the Bush endorsements of Johnson that I really can't picture happening.

Since you seem to be interested in the workings behind the scenes, here is a video in Which Joel Skousen discusses what he thinks was going on behind the scenes during the 2008 primaries:

20. Link to Post #11
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member TargeT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,716 times in 7,043 posts

seems a lot more like they are trying to get hillary elected by splitting the republican vote....

This tactic is often called "spoiler effect" & Ross Perot was the most recent big example I can think of....

This tactic fits the MO of "TBTB" perfectly, tired old **** recycled again and again......
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alien Ramone (9th August 2016), Paul (8th August 2016), PurpleLama (8th August 2016), Shannon (9th August 2016)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 129,174 times in 20,635 posts

The meme that Republican leaders such as Kasich, Bush, Ryan, and McConnell oppose Trump reminds me of the meme that the big New York bankers opposed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913 ... part of a false sales job.

My present guess is that either (1) they will steal the election for Hillary (likely to be succeeded by her V.P., Tim Kaine, in short order), deliberately pissing off a bunch of Trump supporters, as I commented in this post, or else (2) they are setting Trump up to win, by appealing to those who are disenchanted with Washington politics as usual (including having leading Washington insiders, even Republicans, appear to oppose Trump.)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul For This Post:

Alien Ramone (1st September 2016), TargeT (25th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread