+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast

Thread: Camelot teleconference, Sun 19 Dec: Kerry, Bill, David Wilcock, Richard Hoagland

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Beth's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Camelot teleconference, Sun 19 Dec: Kerry, Bill, David Wilcock, Richard Hoagland

Quote Posted by smat (here)
    I think I've sorted out what time it is on... it is 10pm GMT isn't it ?
    For those in the UK, yes.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,060 times in 8,172 posts

Default Re: Camelot teleconference, Sun 19 Dec: Kerry, Bill, David Wilcock, Richard Hoagland

I don't want this to sound like I'm criticising Bill, Kerry, David and Richard, but it probably will come across like that anyway.

I'll be surprised if anything comes out of this conference that I don't already know. Here in UK there is a term that's used for political insider chatter. It's called "Westminster Village". It referes to stuff that the general population isn't much interested in but that the Westminster set can't get enough of and tends to over estimate it's own validity to ordinary people. I understand that front line spokespeople need to continuously sharpen their minds and toungs so that they are always as sharp as possible to properly slice up the incoming ( or, perhaps, in this case, outcoming ) information.

I'm glad there are always enough people willing to fulfill the role of commercial sponsorship for these people without me having to worry too much about it personally. The toughest dilema for me regarding the finacial support of researchers and documentary makers and authors etc is that I believe it encourages a sort of industry zone around these issues that could very easily bury the facts in so much "padding" that they become as obscure as they were hidden in the past.

If a musical artist releases a new CD that has all the older tracks plus 1 or 2 new ones, is it worth paying for? The answer really depends on how much of a fan you are. Some people want everything they can 'collect'. That's fine with me, and if it keeps the 'artist' going, that's great. For me, personally, my funds are measured out in other ways.

I hope this conference goes very well in all aspects of it's creation.

There, I knew it would sound like a critisism but it's not really. I'm very content about it.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anikohu (20th December 2010), Erin (20th December 2010), Limor Wolf (19th December 2010), shiva777 (19th December 2010), Swami (20th December 2010)

4. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Last edited by Banshee; 15th January 2011 at 20:33.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Banshee For This Post:

kevlor (25th December 2010)

6. Link to Post #24
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

"AFTER THE EVENT
    Regrettably we are unable to provide the teleconference for a reduced rate after the day of the event."

why not?

Not even at a reduced rate?

The Camelot conferences were all put online free after the event.. whats so special about this one? screams of an ultimatum to me.

What is different to this then listening to Hoagland on C2C for 3 hours for free? oh yeah $39...

7. Link to Post #25
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 times in 838 posts

If there is anything new of value to come out of the event, I hope it's released on the respective blogs and not kept for those who paid their 40 smackers.... IMHO, there is no point in witholding energies and info in the coming times - what you put out you will recieve back. Asking for a donation for the event would have been a better way to go... DEMANDING payment, well..... it makes the motivations of those who put the event on rather clear. IMHO it definitely sounds like that was Hoaglands' idea (Rather interesting I didn't see any advertising of the event on his website at all...).

At the least, it would have been nice for them to at least have a rate for those on reduced incomes...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcocks For This Post:

Holly Lindin (30th December 2010), Sentience (20th December 2010)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 times in 876 posts

I think it takes specials skills to keep something like this from turning into a verbal free for all. I'm not convinced that this will be educational even though the guests all have tremendous info to share.

Granny Franny

10. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am against charging for access to information full stop. I can afford to pay but there have been times in my life when it would have been impossible but my interest was just as great at those times and I genuinely feel for those who just cannot afford it.

In saying that I must also add that I have the utmost respect for Bill and totally accept his viewpoint and the way he expressed it just reinforces my opinion that he is very much 'one of the good guys'.

I feel that when Bill and Kerry went their separate ways that Kerry went 'commercial' and that suddenly everything on Camelot had a price attached to it, or at least that is how it felt to me. This does not necessarily mean that the information on Camelot was in any way of a greater or lesser value than that found elsewhere. Just a different way of creating enough money to continue to do what they do best. If it ever got out of hand and I felt that we had to pay for any interesting information then much of the great work these two have done for us would be wasted.

But after giving it a lot of thought I feel happy that I am not missing out on any earth-shattering news. I am sure it would be an interesting debate but I just do not feel that Bill would leave everyone else 'out of the loop' if something really important came up.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtyCarl For This Post:

Holly Lindin (30th December 2010), Sentience (20th December 2010)

12. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

------

Hi, All:

There were terrible technical problems in the teleconference (which some of you will already know). To compensate, we continued for over 5 hours.

The audio will be edited - which will take a lot of work! - and the resulting condensed and now-fluent presentation I think will make pretty good listening.

Yes, all the material presented will be on the respective blogs and websites. The added value, I think, was in hearing the various juxtapositions of views and opinions from the four speakers, all in the same 'virtual room'.

In a 'real-world conference' - with a panel of speakers on a physical stage - hearing four experienced speakers, all fairly well-informed researchers, exchange views for over three hours (maybe as much as four hours, even with technical issues edited out) would have been well worth a lot more than $39 if this had happened right down the road from where you live.

I remain committed to presenting important information free of charge. There are clearly blurred lines here, though: Is it okay for someone to write a book? Sell a DVD? Charge subscription fees as on Jeff Rense and Coast to Coast? Ask for an entrance fee to a real-world conference? I don't ask these questions lightly.

My thanks to all who participated - for your energy, support, patience, and kindness.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

astrid (20th December 2010), fifi (21st December 2010), Kent Fallman (21st December 2010), kevlor (25th December 2010), sepia (29th December 2010), Tommy (21st December 2010)

14. Link to Post #29
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

I often struggle with the idea that i "make money from flowers"

i love my flowers intensly, they are part of who i am. I know they bring joy and light to others, but i cant give them away for free all the time.

The rose is the queen,... i try to keep her price very low...but the stuff that comes with it.. the greenery, the accent flowers the wrapping etc.. that i charge appropeiatly for.

The truth is like a flower... in and of itself it is free. The presentation of the truth is not. Whether it costs money, time or effort there is a cost...

I support the idea of sharing truth for free, but the presentation isnt. (book, video, speech etc)

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Celine For This Post:

frangapanni (27th January 2011), Luke (20th December 2010), Richard (20th December 2010), sepia (29th December 2010)

16. Link to Post #30
    Poland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 times in 244 posts

Quote Posted by Céline (here)
    I (...)
    I support the idea of sharing truth for free, but the presentation isnt. (book, video, speech etc)
    Money is just proxy for energy.
    Energy can be exchanged in many other ways than it, and we do it all the time. Smile is also an energy
    What we call money is just a widely recognizable form of it ..

Exchanging energy is important.. without it, we would really cease to exist.
    Problem is this sacred (to an extent) process has been into an unabridged gluttonous feast ... or show of frivolity. . to a point people cease to see energy behind, just a colourful tokens that used to just represent it .. And in ah-so typical act, they confuse a map with real territory .. with the help of map-peddlers, that exchange their counterfeited copies for real energy ... When one see it like that, is some of the stuff making more sense?

Free means available, and on this , I think, we can agree that participants excel. As for energy invested, it has been sunk in .. in which form it will be replenished, so they would continue, it is up to us .. in some ways, throwing tokens on that problem is easy part
    Last edited by Luke; 20th December 2010 at 13:54.

17. Link to Post #31
    Ilie Pandia

Hello Bill,

I write this post to let you know that the voice of the supporters is at least just as loud. I personally feel I got the value out of this conference exactly as you have said, because all the guests have had the chance to present their views and angles on the problems discussed. I also appreciate the effort involved in putting this together despite the technical difficulties and the different time zones. It is tough to be the guest, the host, the tech guy, the backup guy, the phone guy at the same time. And lots of appreciations goes to Kerry also for organizing this.

18. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Céline (here)
    I often struggle with the idea that i "make money from flowers"

i love my flowers intensly, they are part of who i am. I know they bring joy and light to others, but i cant give them away for free all the time.

The rose is the queen,... i try to keep her price very low...but the stuff that comes with it.. the greenery, the accent flowers the wrapping etc.. that i charge appropeiatly for.

The truth is like a flower... in and of itself it is free. The presentation of the truth is not. Whether it costs money, time or effort there is a cost...

What a great bit of writing Celine! How well you have resolved the inherent conflict that exists between pure truth and being paid for something.

I was fearing we might get a flare up of opinions on money making in the alternative media.

In general, money making calls into question the motives of the party making money in any transaction. If someone makes a gift of information, that information is much less tainted with doubt over the motives behind the gift. Bill and Kerry understood this when they began working together.

Now, however, things are different. Kerry needs some money to carry on and Bill would be able to better work if he received some additional funding. For myself, I trust them enough to have no problem with paying them something from time to time.

Many Avalonians can't afford to pay to remain involved and they should not be shut out or made to feel that they are inferior because they can't.

Bill is sensitive enough to know how to make sure that those who can't pay continue to be served.

My vote is a "yes" to some charge being applied selectively in future. I sense that we are now entering a more active phase in this war for ownership of the truth. Those who can pay should pay something. Those who can speak should vocalise something. Those with mobility should move themselves to engage in the cause of truth.

Bill, please understand that we will accept charges from time to time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixopoborn For This Post:

Victoria Tintagel (22nd December 2010)

20. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,060 times in 8,172 posts

This comment doesn't really belong here but I don't know where else to put it.

During the Barcelona conference in 09 I noticed one of the group make a little speech about recognition of 'these' people later on after disclosure. His name escapes me right now but he's quite well known and probably has the most 'political' voice in the whole of the disclosure movement.

I think he and possibly one or two other people I've come across in this field are effectively jockeying for position in the post disclosure era. If a full and frank disclosure comes ( don't hold your breath ) there will be a shift in the who's who of statesmanship. It sort of reminds me of when the iron curtain came down and how the who's who of Russian politics changed. The new big names were always there and always nagging away at the system but it took the "Perestroika"( restructuring ) of "Glasnost" ( openness ) to bring them out into the daylight.

It's worth thinking about what the PTB would do to prepare for such a Glasnost regarding 'disclosure'. I'm certain they would bring along a few of their own people and position them well for the new paradigm. I don't know who Steven Greer really is but these days he seems to act like he could be one of those.

I hope very much that disclosure doesn't also go the way of Russia regarding the rise of mafia-like power brokers who seem to me to be reconstituted Soviet bureaucratic fantasists on steroids.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

3optic (20th December 2010), jcocks (21st December 2010), Luke (20th December 2010), Victoria Tintagel (22nd December 2010)

22. Link to Post #34
    France Avalon Member Elandiel BernElve's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately I missed it!... Hopefully there will be a way to review it later? I don't care paying for once to support you guys.
    Capitaine Elandiel BernElve
    Lightwarrior

23. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,534 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Elandiel BernElve (here)
    Unfortunately I missed it!... Hopefully there will be a way to review it later? I don't care paying for once to support you guys.
    I believe (but am not 100% sure) that you can still sign up and receive the edited audio. That should run for close to 4 hours, and when all the connection bugs (switching from one speaker to the next) are edited out, the conversation should be very interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing it myself!

Basically, it was a round table discussion that covered all kinds of ground - everything you could imagine - and you might get an idea of the topics touched on from knowing something about Kerry, myself, David and Richard and the things we're all interested in and have some knowledge about.

As I mentioned earlier, there was nothing startlingly new. I did talk a little about the false flag ET threat... which I will certainly say more about here, soon. I think it was basically intelligent and wide-ranging commentary. The real value was the conversation and the interaction. The proportion of time on air of each of the speakers were (in order)
    • David
    • Richard
    • me
    • Kerry.
    If you or anyone reading this has any questions about whether you can still sign up, please e-mail tommy@projectcamelot.org or PM him here as Avalon member seeingterra. I'm not party myself to any of the arrangements, logistics or finances.

All best wishes, Bill

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Harley (20th December 2010)

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

bill i understand why monetary issues are of importance,most poeple on the informtiom ground crew like you say do not have 9-5 jobs i just cant imagine what the productions costs for an and all events cost i sincerely think all hands involved on the information front that is credible including your self are entitiled to monetary compensation!!!!love lightand abundance''''thirdeye...

26. Link to Post #37
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Quote (Bill) I believe (but am not 100% sure) that you can still sign up and receive the edited audio.
    I could not spare the 5 hours to listen and participate, but do not mind paying a reasonable price for an edited audio, considering the work you guys put into this. Please Bill, when you know for sure that the audio is available, what it will cost and where to send the money, post here and I will take it from there.

27. Link to Post #38
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

i only really appreciate bill's insights..i think hoagland is alright but on different issues (moon and similar); kerry, who's discerning talents were mightily damaged by her approving of heather material and by taking aaron mccullam seriously, also remains off my interest zone; same goes for david wilcock - he's is more of a showman in my estimation - i think he gives his dreams too much importance/credibility... l

28. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Quote Posted by lightblue (here)
    i only really appreciate bill's insights..i think hoagland is alright but on different issues (moon and similar); kerry, who's discerning talents were mightily damaged by her approving of heather material and by taking aaron mccullam seriously, also remains off my interest zone; same goes for david wilcock - he's is more of a showman in my estimation - i think he gives his dreams too much importance/credibility... l

I have to weigh in on the McCullom interview. It's really unclear what Kerry was buying in that interview and that's as it should be. I found it interesting and not entirely credible but that's how this game is played. Gather information, sift through it, see what sticks. It was pretty clear to me that at the very least he was an unusual young man (dolphin).

29. Link to Post #40
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

"Note: the conference will be available for purchase after the event for an unlimited time however, the price will not be reduced. "

So now we have gone from it won't be available at all (sign up or miss out ultimatum) to squeezing out the last drop of monitisation possible. Not reducing the price is going to put off alot of people, and again bring into question the motives for the whole event. Whilst reducing it would not only bring the event to more people but it would naturally improve the bottom line.

I have nothing against people making money, I have Hoaglands book Dark Mission it represents physical value in something tangable , I have Wilcocks Science of Peace CD's, I have many David Icke books and a hatful of Alex Jones & Freeman DVD's.

People will pay when the value is there, In this case $39 for a skype chat where if in effect you were present and able to ask questions is great but to charge a conference entry fee for a recording is not value for money. Which is why i also refuse to buy David's latest offering on his site as his $79 recording has not been reduced. Easy to see who is pulling the pursestrings in these things.

Give me value and I'll support you. Always.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 4 LastLast