+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alex Jones: Pot is Genetically Modified and Weaponized

1. Link to Post #21
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: Alex Jones: Pot is Genetically Modified and Weaponized

everything else seems to have been modified/rigged so why should the hemp/cannabis plant have been spared?-

am just wondering-

be well all-

Larry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2016), DNA (21st August 2016)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,885 times in 4,327 posts

I've often been of the opinion that if I could find someone growing pot that was weaker kind of like the cheap "rag" weed that was available in the good old days then I would smoke it, but to be honest the present stuff is just intimidating as hell for me.
    First off I haven't smoked pot on any kind of regular basis since I was 20 years old. That is nearing on 24 years ago. But the six years I smoked pot were monumental for me. I was never a social smoker. Oh I would have those basement bong sessions with friends, but that was not my reasons for smoking pot. When I began smoking pot I was 14, probably not a good idea, but here goes. I wanted to do nothing but meditate and work out when I would smoke pot. Without any instruction, only solitude and pot I could do the splits by the time I was 15, I was hounded by the football coach at my highschool to join the team, I had an amazing physique, and I had tought myself various gymnastics moves, one of which I invented a use for on the wrestling mat, a back walk over when someone was trying to pin me that would end up with me on top of the person trying to pin me, it always got a "wow" from the crowd and my coaches had stated that they had never seen anything like it before. When I was fifteen I joined a martial arts studio and my martial arts teacher smoked pot. So my MA Teacher ended up having two groups of students, one that was kept on the up and up during regular business hours and an after hours class where we would smoke pot and continue doing martial arts into the wee hours of the morning. This division in his students started with my arrival, and none of his regular students were invited to our sessions due to the fact that they "weren't" cool.
    Due to the accelerated training I was sparring with black belts after only a few months and in six months I could beat any of them.
    My martial arts teacher then found "other" martial arts teachers that were "cool", and we would go to various other schools after hours and I would spar with their accelerated students. It was an amazing time in my life and I very much associate the entire time with pot, because we were constantly smoking it. For ahem, "sensititivity" enhancement.
    I mention all of this because there is no way I would have had the concentration and focus to have done all of this without pot.
    But as we all know, pot does not affect everyone the same way.
    I'm in the minority in so far as how pot affects people.
    For so many folks pot is some kind of a novacane. A way of ignoring problems and or reality.
    Pot never did this to me. Pot would force me to deal with whatever problems I was having before it would allow me to continue with whatever it is I wanted to do.
    I was always blown away that it did not affect others in this same way.

As a teenager I read Castaneda, and pot probably helped me learn how to "turn off the internal dialogue".
    Though not as easy without pot, I kept meditating and "turning off the internal dialogue" and eventually I began to see "other" things. Now I know folks are thinking "well what did you expect smoking weed at 14", and I guess I won't argue your point here, but I have documented such incidents here. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t-For-Yourself and https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...nsional-Beings just saying.
    I'm able to turn this on and off (3rd eye) for the most part with meditation. I say this because there were a couple of times I smoked pot since all of this, and I could not control what was coming in.
    My third eye opened up and I could see entities, "ghosts" really and unlike normally when I would just stop allowing myself to see them, under the influence of pot I could not turn it off until the effects of the pot wore off. This happened in 2001 and 2006, and both times were scary enough that I did not want to jump back on the saddle if you will.
    Now I'm afraid Katt Williams as mentioned by Cider above would be telling me this in relation to how strong the pot was then and now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp6tPiidlhk

So, I'm probably not going to jump on the horse if you will.
    But I wish I could find a weaker source, because I would love to do it.
    I'm a long way from the peak physical condition kid I was 24 years ago. I'm much closer to Homer Simpson now than I care to admit. And I could sorely use the gladiator trainer like coach my mind had access to when on pot.
    I call it the Kevin Spacey effect, from American Beauty the movie.
    I love that movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVpsmoAe9pM

Also thanks everyone who has contributed.
    I've been learning a lot here, and there are have been answers to questions I wouldn't have even thought to ask.
    Last edited by DNA; 21st August 2016 at 16:00.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2016)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,640 times in 18,693 posts

just looking on the BBC news page and this article popped up....

The people who take drugs to see God

9 hours ago

Short vid on link...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37101268

Mawaan Rizwan was brought up in a religious family but is no longer
    practising and feels detached from spirituality.

He visits the Oklevueha Native American Church in Salt Lake City in Utah,
    America, where people take the Class A drug peyote in the hope of finding
    religious enlightenment. A powerful hallucinogen, its active ingredient
    mescaline puts peyote in the same category as heroin. Its effects are like
    that of LSD. Taking it could put someone at risk if they or a member of
    their family have suffered from psychosis in the past.

People have been known to harm themselves while under the effects of
    hallucinogens. The "medicine man" James Flaming Eagle Mooney and
    Ohio-based believer Richard say taking traditional medicines like peyote
    connect them to a higher power.A sceptical but curious Mawaan joined
    them on one of their ceremonial retreats in the mountains.

Watch Episode 1: Trip to the Mountains of BBC Three's Getting High for God?.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37101268

=================================================
    =================================================

Published on 21 Aug 2016

Mawaan Rizwan was brought up in a religious family but is no longer practising and
    feels detached from spirituality.He visits the Oklevueha Native American Church in
    Salt Lake City in Utah, America, where people take the Class A drug peyote in the
    hope of finding religious enlightenment. A powerful hallucinogen, its active
    ingredient mescaline puts peyote in the same category as heroin. Its effects are like
    that of LSD. Taking it could put someone at risk if they or a member of their family
    have suffered from psychosis in the past.People have been known to harm
    themselves while under the effects of hallucinogens.The "medicine man" James
    Flaming Eagle Mooney and Ohio-based believer Richard say taking traditional
    medicines like peyote connect them to a higher power.A sceptical but curious
    Mawaan joined them on one of their ceremonial retreats in the mountains.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 21st August 2016 at 17:50.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

DNA (21st August 2016)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

wow... what a plethora of knowledge... give me some hawaiian bud any time... ;-D
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

DNA (22nd August 2016)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 294 posts

DNA-
    I'd suggest you take the early "use to deepen a discipline" and the latter "use to increase perception" and now, with the years of experience under your belt blend them into "use for trance purposes".
    The idea is that what you find there is meant to be reproduced without the substance- to use the substance to deepen the trance then utilize without the substance, lengthening the amount of time you can reproduce the effects without the substance.
    2015 was that sort of year for me; I'd go a month with weekly "enhanced" Binaural theta trance then a month or more with plain Binaural theta trance and repeat.

I highly recommend ingesting over smoking; no butane or phosphorous inhaled, no heat induced vapor- your physiology drawing upon its properties through digestion.
    Since you have a background in using it specifically for growth oriented activity, why not engage it for that intent as a part of a disciplined regimen?
    I'd recommend it start some weeks after renewing a regular MA routine, as you know, I like Chigung.
    Last edited by boutreality; 22nd August 2016 at 12:45.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

DNA (22nd August 2016)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

Cool Re: Alex Jones: Pot is Genetically Modified and Weaponized

Find the grandpa seeds ;]

Everything in nature is beautiful for something it does. Cannabis is a medicine. Anyone can become knowledgeable enough to keep that piece of nature alive just as easily as we have become knowledgeable enough to attempt to weaponize it. We are aware enough to disobey the law and save our natural seeds in the antiGMO fight. We need to do the same here. All battles must be fought.

I have no doubts that weed has been modified to the point that the US government is ready to allow it to be introduced to their slaves. However, to abandon a practice that dates back before Egypt because it has been attacked by the US government is ... rather harsh. Each of us is worth saving and so is everything produced by our mother, Gaia.

Focus on the positive vibrations! To hell with the government. Be done with them. Go out and bring back the Mana Tree or something. Do not let your heart be dissuaded by fear.

Last edited by Fanna; 22nd August 2016 at 02:46. Reason: prettiness
    ♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

DNA (22nd August 2016), Star Tsar (22nd August 2016)

13. Link to Post #27
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    I was interested in horticulture for a period of time; this family specifically.

a couple of things to note:

The seeds from this plant are,,, like playing the lottery, they do not "breed true" & would have negligible chance of propagating genetic changes, the plant has a built in safeguard.

Annd, that's it, we aren't "that good" at this stuff yet... Reality still prevails

Quote Posted by Jantje (here)
    If weed is getting stronger, it's getting more effecient. that's not neccesarily a bad thing..
    oh, and HELL YES the plant's are better quality these days than they used to be... If I was in the 1970's and I said "trichome" I'd get a blank stare... instead of current days where they are monitored via microscope for maturation measurement.

The plant isn't getting better, as with most things these days; our understanding of it is.
    Cannabis is not heterogeneous. Given enough generations 8-10 they do breed true. Durban Poison, Northern lights No 5, Skunk No 1, etc are all extremely stable cultivars. Most of the stuff on the market however are hybrids so growing them from seed will produce genetic variation. Most cultivars these days are F1 hybrids that are cloned and sold to growers.

Apples on the other hand are completely heterogeneous and will always produce a different plant when grown from seed. That red Delicious apple is genetically the same as the original plant that was found in 1880. It has been propagated by clone.

As for genetically modified and weaponized, I would call BS on this. The pot community has been breeding strains for a very long time. Over time they have selected for high THC, flavor, aroma, time to maturity, disease resistance, etc. Alex Jones can create conspiracies out of anything. Info from him is highly suspect IMO.
    (Insert signature here)

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

boutreality (22nd August 2016), DNA (22nd August 2016), Fanna (22nd August 2016), Ki's (24th August 2016), ninorc (22nd August 2016), Star Tsar (22nd August 2016), TargeT (23rd August 2016)

15. Link to Post #28
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

There was a 'technique' among growers in Australia back in the seventies, whereby treating the seeds with colchicine (which was considered very toxic then, but, surprisingly, or not, is now a medication for gout) would change the cell structure from diploid to polyploid, making a very strong 'super grass'. I suspect that polyploid strains may now be the rule rather than the exception.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

DNA (22nd August 2016), Octavusprime (24th August 2016)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 times in 294 posts

Alex Jones is clearly (my opinion) a scare tactic propagandist.
    He's one of the few still pushing the "They're planning a race war" meme; this is one more example- perhaps to stir the cauldron and further diffuse collective interest in decriminalization.
    The FDA did recently refuse to reschedule it.
    Last edited by boutreality; 23rd August 2016 at 23:54.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boutreality For This Post:

DNA (23rd August 2016), Enola (23rd August 2016), Octavusprime (24th August 2016), TargeT (23rd August 2016)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,640 times in 18,693 posts

Court bans DOJ from prosecuting medical marijuana users and growers

By David on 23 August 2016 GMT Medical/Health

NATURAL NEWS....

Court bans DOJ from prosecuting medical marijuana users and growers

By David on 23 August 2016 GMT Medical/Health

‘Supporters of medical marijuana have gained an important victory with a federal
    appeals court ruling that prohibits the Department of Justice (DOJ) from prosecuting
    medical marijuana growers and users if no state laws are being breached.

A unanimous decision by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals prevents the DOJ
    from using federal funds to prosecute those who grow, sell or purchase marijuana,
    despite the fact that marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

The decision has effectively upheld a 2014 congressional budget ruling that protects
    states from the DOJ if they try to prevent them “from implementing their own state
    laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession, or cultivation of medical marijuana.”‘

Read more: Court bans DOJ from prosecuting medical marijuana users and growers

http://www.naturalnews.com/055057_me...al_ruling.html

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

boutreality (23rd August 2016), DNA (23rd August 2016), onawah (24th August 2016), TargeT (23rd August 2016)

21. Link to Post #31
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by markoid (here)
    There was a 'technique' among growers in Australia back in the seventies, whereby treating the seeds with colchicine (which was considered very toxic then, but, surprisingly, or not, is now a medication for gout) would change the cell structure from diploid to polyploid, making a very strong 'super grass'. I suspect that polyploid strains may now be the rule rather than the exception.
    People still use this technique but it's mostly used to make seedless variations (seedless watermelon, seedless marijuana, etc.). Although it does also create bigger, stronger and more potent versions of the plant. Unfortunately the polyploidy often reverts back to diploid and is extremely unstable. This was a long time ago so it may be that the science has greatly advanced.

Basically you apply cholchicine to the seed at an extremely low concentration. It kills like 90% of the seeds. Those that do grow are tetraploids. These plants are then crossed with the normal diploid to produce a triploid plant. The triploid plants are essentially sterile/infertile.

It's a great way for pot growers to offer seed without the chance of people stealing their prized genetics. Warning Cholchincine is extremely toxic, extreme care should be used when handling this stuff.

In my former life I was a plant breeder. Then I was a beer maker. Now I just make drugs (The good kind used to treat cancer).
    Last edited by Octavusprime; 24th August 2016 at 03:17.
    (Insert signature here)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

markoid (24th August 2016)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,202 times in 1,393 posts

If ever there was anyone in dire need of good joint, it's Alex Jones!

the greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated --- Gandhi

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Akasha For This Post:

Ki's (24th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2