+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigfoot - The Rachel Glen story - real or hoax??

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 940 posts

Default Bigfoot - The Rachel Glen story - real or hoax??

I recently stumbled upon the Rachel Glen story. Anyone know if this was real or is this a hoax?? If this is a confirmed hoax, then I'd appreciate it if one of the mods could move this over to the known hoaxes sub forum.

--

Between August 2–14, 2005, forest ranger Rachel Glen performs a study in the woods, concerning the declining population of black bears in the Pacific Northwest. During the course of her study, recorded with portable and stationary cameras, she not only observed the bears but also heard strange sounds coming from the forest, and had a feeling she was being watched. After setting up a camera trap one day, she hears strange sounds and climbs a hill, only to be snared by a poacher's trap. Unbeknownst to her, she is being watched and taped by a poacher as she disables the traps the poacher had set up. Some of her cameras capture brief glimpses of a large, hairy creature that cannot be identified. Meanwhile, the poacher discovers and destroys a few of her cameras. She grows more and more suspicious of the strange sounds and unidentifiable subjects in many of her photos. While examining a camera that had been tampered with, she hears more strange sounds and discovers a den in the woods. Inside, she discovers some strange hair, which she sends to the game warden. Over the phone, the warden tells her that the hair belongs to some kind of primate, and warns her to be careful of hostile poachers. After she gets off the phone, she suddenly hears someone call her name and goes to the door, but only finds a threatening sign that says, "WHO'S WATCHING YOU?" pinned to her door with a hatchet. She requests help, but has to wait for it to arrive because of how remote her outpost is. She later finds the poacher lurking outside her outpost and makes him hand over the camera he was holding, which contains pictures where the poacher seems to be stalking her. In the last hours before she leaves, she begins to wonder about the strange creature she keeps seeing, and gets the feeling that it seems to be watching over her. As she is making her final video journal entry at her outpost, the poacher tries to break in. She suddenly hears screams for help and strange sounds outside. She discovers the poacher, who has apparently been killed by the creature and is now hanging upside down from one of his own traps. She hears more strange sounds, but no other signs of the creature. After the poacher's death, the black bear populations began to rise again, but there is no confirmation of any other unusual creatures in the area.

Dave - Toronto

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

bogeyman (21st August 2016), Cidersomerset (21st August 2016), Ecnal61 (21st August 2016), Lefty Dave (21st August 2016), mojo (21st August 2016), sigma6 (22nd August 2016), toppy (21st August 2016), Tyy1907 (21st August 2016)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,621 times in 851 posts

Default Re: Bigfoot - The Rachel Glen story - real or hoax??

I've seen that one before it's definitely an excellent story. I too would love to know. I think it's bigfoot campfire stories on youtube that has more stories of Bigfoot saving people's lives. One guy was on the verge of dying of hypothermia waiting in his dead vehicle for the tow truck to come when his car would periodically get shaken by something obviously big. It would rouse him enough to stay awake and he felt if he'd went to sleep he would have died.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2016), DNA (21st August 2016), mojo (21st August 2016), Spellbound (21st August 2016), toppy (21st August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,537 times in 1,593 posts

I would tend to think almost all reported Yeti/Big Foot/Sasquatch sightings are real unless the reporter wants money for her/his story; anyone publically reporting a Hominoid sighting without wanting money is simply setting themself up for ridicule; so even those seeking "glory" by reporting a personal, faked Hominoid encounter continues to set themself up for ridicule;

I guess what one needs to research is if those reporting Hominoid sightings/encounters want MONEY they are faking their stories; those who do not seek money (leaving themselves open to ridicule) are most probably telling the truth-

please be well Spellbound and all-

Larry :-)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st August 2016), DNA (21st August 2016), mojo (21st August 2016), Spellbound (21st August 2016)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,759 times in 3,642 posts

Sooooooo
    Let me get this straight. And correct me if I'm wrong.
    Rachel the Forestry Officer is being stalked and video taped by a creepy back woods "deliverance" poacher type right?
    And, she has a Sasquatch pretty much stalking her as well, I mean she did find that Sasquatch bed that seemed to be ripe with women's underwear.
    I know this sounds like I'm making light or something, but apparently this Sasquatch was a panty drawer raider?
    Wow, a poor girl can't get away from the evils of men, not even in the deepest and most inaccessible regions of our deepest forests. Says something doesn't it.

Back to the story.
    So we have this confusing back and forth between a poacher and his video camera intermingled with Sasquatch calls and sightings.
    But no one is mentioning the really big deal here.
    The big finish.
    Where upon the poacher looked to have his way with our heroine Ranger Rachel, breaking into her cabin and about to pounce when in the midst of the attack, Sasquatch swings in and saves the day, and kills our backwoods "deliverance" poacher. That's right, Sasquatch kills this guy.
    The real story here is that Sasquatch kills a human being.
    The poacher is last seen hanging from a tree, bloody and torn, dead, with no shoes I might add.

I would give this story my earnest ear if it wasn't presented so tabloid like.
    I don't even know if there is any actual footage in this.
    The video is presented as if there is actual footage intermixed with tabloid reenactment. But nothing looks raw, it all looks sharp and rehearsed.
    And Rachel the Ranger looks like she spends two hours a day putting on make up through the whole thing. I just don't buy that.
    Now why would Rachel the Ranger be spending two hours a day putting on make up when she is completely out of touch with human beings?

Lucky she did though, because if she hadn't turn the amorous eye of that heroic Sasquatch who knows what would have happened to her.
    I would take a panty drawer raiding Sasquatch who was looking out for me over deliverance type backwoods humans any day.

As of right now, as presented, I just don't buy it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

mojo (21st August 2016), Shannon (22nd August 2016)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 256,764 times in 18,690 posts

I'm actually not familiar with the story. Immediate (and apparently obvious) question... the poacher's death would have had to have been reported to, and investigated by, the police. What happened? If there's no on-record police report, the story would surely be suspect.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

mojo (21st August 2016), Spellbound (21st August 2016), Sunny-side-up (21st August 2016)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,961 times in 940 posts

I quite agree, Bill. I'm interested if anyone else has any info on this so called incident so we can put this to rest as a hoax (or possibly real).

Dave - Toronto

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

mojo (21st August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread