+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Social media shadow-banning

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Exclamation Social media shadow-banning

greetingz fellow earthlings

i just found out i'm shadow-banned on twitter. i did a test with the hashtag #bigfoot - there should have been at least two tweets on aug. 20, but none show up from me. clearly they are censoring me. i am not surprised, as i have labelled myself #mostoutspoken and have posted very controversial research from big-pharma fraud to shadow government activity to secret space programs. i still have over 1000 tweets, most of which are #red_pill (forbidden) related information - so it's useful to go through my feed. but of course, i won't be posting anything there from now on: http://www.twitter.com/kreuger.

so now i am here. i started truthseeking about five years ago, and it has been an intense journey since. the rabbit-holes never end, no matter how many veils we keep lifting. i have come to the point where i believe every single human is being deceived, including those in the cabal/illuminati and secret space programs.

shadow-banning is cruel and imho, worse than being banned. if you are banned, at least you KNOW!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kreuger For This Post:

Atlas (22nd August 2016), Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), Bob (8th June 2018), conk (15th December 2016), DeDukshyn (22nd August 2016), Hervé (22nd August 2016), Holly Lindin (23rd August 2016), Matthew (13th December 2016), Michelle Marie (23rd August 2016), Nasu (23rd August 2016), PathWalker (8th June 2018), Shannon (15th December 2016), Sunny-side-up (23rd August 2016), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

Default Re: Social media shadow-banning

Sorry to hear that, I'm not a real big fan of Twitter though, even less so after hearing this...

Glad you're here instead of there, and welcome!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Atlas (22nd August 2016), Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), Michelle Marie (23rd August 2016), Nasu (23rd August 2016), Sunny-side-up (23rd August 2016)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Yeah I noticed I am "shadow banned" from commenting on MSN comment boards, which is run by Facebook. On any potentially controversial topic where I seek to clarify almost obvious propaganda with comments on the articles, I noticed that if I am logged in, my comment shows, if I am logged out, my comment disappears from the comments section. Only happens on articles of certain topics though - If I wanted to comment some mindless BS on a celebrity post - that one will actually post, and I'll get replies and likes, but not on any topic regarding, big pharma, big oil, 9/11, Iraq war, big bank, GMO's, NWO, etc. Those posts are automatically suppressed to everyone, except me, when I am logged in.

I have noticed this happens to others as well, on a comment where my post actually stays and is visible, my FB account will sometimes tell me that someone has replied to my post, but when I check to the comments section on the article -- no replies at all; I assume that these people also have been "shadow banned".

This tells me that Facebook controls the spread of certain types of content via this method, as it is all done according to the "topic" of the content.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Atlas (22nd August 2016), Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), Hervé (22nd August 2016), Michelle Marie (23rd August 2016), Nasu (23rd August 2016), PathWalker (8th June 2018), Shannon (15th December 2016), Sunny-side-up (23rd August 2016), ThePythonicCow (23rd August 2016), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Face what?? Tweeker? What is this stuff?? Anyway, welcome to your new home.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear you're being censored Kreuger! I don't peruse Twitter anywhere near as much as I do Facebook (the character limit cheeses me off to no end, being a verbose individual ), so I have yet to see it happening myself.

And how shocked was I when my eyes drifted to the fact that you're on The Rock too! I have yet to meet any other Avalonians from SSI, so I just wanted to give you a little wave. (And I'm a musician as well! )

The rabbitholes really don't have an ending, do they? It certainly makes life interesting!
    Last edited by Holly Lindin; 23rd August 2016 at 02:56.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Holly Lindin For This Post:

Atlas (23rd August 2016), Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), DeDukshyn (24th August 2016), Michelle Marie (23rd August 2016), Sunny-side-up (23rd August 2016), ulli (23rd August 2016), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Shadow banning? Glad I'm not on twitter. It beats being exiled to the gulag for thought crimes, but it's definitely annoying. And can you even believe how incredibly bland the Google news home page is now? Talk about a lot of tepid mush with no depth or substance. It's all status quo, all of the time. Those who question their version of reality are labelled conspiracy theorists. I would like to deliver the red pill to them, suppository style and with prejudice!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), Sunny-side-up (23rd August 2016)

12. Link to Post #7
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,890 times in 15,481 posts

Facebook blocks access to Craig Murray's "Russian hacking" debunking, then grants access after they're called out

By Craig Murray
    CraigMurray.org.uk
    Sun, 11 Dec 2016 18:23 UTC

So far 564 people believe they have shared on Facebook my article conclusively refuting the CIA's invention of lies about Russia hacking the DNC, using the share button on this site. Another 78 have tried to share it from my Facebook page. Between them those 650 people will have, according to the Facebook average, about 200,000 friends. The total amount of incoming traffic from these 200,000 friends? 22 people. Almost nobody can currently reach this site through Facebook, as the "came from" interface on my statcounter below shows. Nothing from Facebook. Facebook are actively colluding in preventing social media from contradicting the mainstream media lies about Russian involvement in the US election campaign.

Don't believe me? If you think you shared the article on Facebook, phone one of your Facebook friends and ask if it appeared for them.

The only way to defeat this is to republish the article yourself. I waive any copyright. If you have access to a blog, copy and paste it there and post a link to that blog on Facebook. Or simply cut and paste my whole article and copy it to your Facebook page, in sections if required.

I am similarly ghost banned on twitter. The work round to this, which plenty of people have found, is to create a new tweet yourself with a link to my site, rather than retweet one of my tweets. As with the Facebook share, if you do retweet you will be unaware it doesn't work.

There are profound implications for society in the compliance of the major social media corporations with establishment demands to prevent social media from effectively challenging the mainstream media narrative - and I cannot think of a more classic example than this case. I do urge you to take action as described above, to show that the people will not stand for it.

UPDATE:
    Calling Facebook out worked, we have just been unblocked! If you contrast this new came from log with the above, you will immediately see the difference - and just how important social media is to a dissident website like this one.

Related: Craig Murray's expose: The CIA's big lies about 'Russian hacking' puts everyone in danger
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), conk (15th December 2016), DeDukshyn (13th December 2016), Foxie Loxie (13th December 2016), Matthew (13th December 2016), mountain_jim (14th December 2016), onawah (13th December 2016), Shannon (15th December 2016)

14. Link to Post #8
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,890 times in 15,481 posts

How MSM hacks make search engine shadow banning worse

Chris Roberts vdare.com
    Tue, 29 May 2018 18:02 UTC

In his rebuttal of Andrew Lawler's recent Washington Post smearing of the much-loved Virginia Dare legend as "white nationalist," Peter Brimelow noted that the nasty reference to VDARE.com was not hyperlinked although other publications were and added "not that we care because MSM readers are notoriously incurious." Brimelow is right that American patriots are abandoning the Main Stream Media, but he is wrong not to care, as I will now explain.

There is a James Kirkpatrick blog I am quite fond of called, "Cuckservative Logic-Mitt Romney's Frame of Defeat." If you like it, consider bookmarking it, because searching for it online is an uphill battle. Here are the results when you search for it by its exact title on DuckDuckGo, Bing, and Google:

Interestingly, Google's results are the least censored. Whereas Bing and DuckDuckGo did not list the page that our search was obviously looking for at all, Google listed it at the top.

But take a close look at the two subsequent results from Google. Both omit the first two words of the search ("cuckservative" and "logic") and "frame." This transforms the searched phrase into "Mitt Romney's Defeat," since "of" and all other articles are always cut out.

"Mitt Romney's Defeat" and "Cuckservative Logic-Mitt Romney's Frame of Defeat" are very different search items. So, although Google bit the bullet on search result number one, the next two results manage to be generic articles from the Main Stream Media about Romney losing.

DuckDuckGo and Bing, to their credit, at least understood that "cuckservative" was central to our search - even if they want the results to come from anywhere but VDARE.com. Google took a different approach: show me the article I wanted - but also show "good" articles without "bad" words such as "cuckservative," even if said articles are obviously not very relevant to our search, hoping we will go down the rabbit hole of acceptable opinion.

Other searches where VDARE.com should be the top hit prove equally interesting. For example, here are the DuckDuckGo, Bing, and Google results for when you search the phrase "Moses of the Alternative Right" in quotes. The phrase was coined by Hubert Collins, here on VDARE.com, to describe Paul Gottfried, in his blog: "Three Cheers For Paul Gottfried's REVISIONS AND DISSENTS."

Bing's results are especially bad. The top three results are totally unrelated. The fourth is a blog post from the Jewish Forward, Leader Of Richard Spencer's White Nationalist Group Was Inspired By A Jewish Intellectual. That post notes that Gottfried has been "dubbed" the "Moses of the alternative right," but fails to say by who (Hubert Collins), or where (VDARE.com), and provides no link for curious readers.

DuckDuckGo has that Forward post as its top result. Then a reposting of it on a forum. Then a reposting of it on Luke Ford's blog. Then comes the original VDARE.com post all three prior results are quoting.

Google's top hit is the same Forward piece. Its second hit is the listing of that piece on another page on Forward.com. Then, as with DuckDuckGo, comes a repost of it on a forum and the repost of it on Luke Ford's blog. Then there's a repost of it on yet another forum. Then comes the original VDARE.com post all prior results quote from.

A few things are worth mentioning about these curious results.

The first: all search engines strive to show original content first, and quoted or reposted material dead last. For VDARE.com, however, that best practice does not seem to be in play; more like the opposite.

Second: part of the way search engine algorithms determine what is original and what is not is by seeing how many other websites link to something-because websites invariably link back to other sites they quote and reference.

That is part of the reason the Main Stream Media often avoids linking to VDARE.com even when quoting from the site: they are doing their part to sink VDARE.com's search engine rankings.

In the case of the Forward post quoting VDARE.com, this tactic proved quite effective. By not linking to the piece it quoted, it helped lower the ranking of the original. Then, since the Forward is vastly bigger than VDARE.com, the article was reposted in many different places, making the algorithms see the Forward as the original and authoritative source of the information. So now, when you search a quote that appears in both the original VDARE.com post and the Forward post, the Forward piece shows up first. As some would say, "Clever girl."

In this manner, even without search engines deliberately pushing relevant results from Dissident Right sites to their back pages (which does seem to be the case), the MSM can help manipulate the results of searches in their favor. To do so entails them ditching journalistic integrity by not citing or linking to their sources, but journalistic integrity is not the point. The point is to diminish the power and relevance of dissenting views by any means necessary.

This can be proven quite simply. Email this article to the author of the Forward piece (Sam Kestenbaum: kestenbaum@forward.com), the editor of the Forward (Jane Eisner: eisner@forward.com), and the executive editor of the Forward (Dan Friedman: friedman@forward.com). See if they are at all embarrassed, or feel compelled to change the Kestenbaum article I discuss here.

Again, the relevant names and emails are:

Sam Kestenbaum: kestenbaum@forward.com

Jane Eisner: eisner@forward.com

Dan Friedman: friedman@forward.com

My bet: no action is taken. After all, as Steve Bannon said, "The media here is the opposition party. They don't understand this country." (Did you see what I did in that last sentence? I linked to a website I do not like for the sake of proper and accurate attribution.)

Chris Roberts [Email him] writes for American Renaissance.

Related:
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th June 2018), Bob (8th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (8th June 2018), mountain_jim (8th June 2018), PathWalker (8th June 2018), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread