+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increasing Number of Americans Are ‘Microdosing’ on Psychedelics to Enhance Mental Performance

1. Link to Post #1
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Default Increasing Number of Americans Are ‘Microdosing’ on Psychedelics to Enhance Mental Performance

Whenever an irrational and inhumane law remains on the books far longer than any thinking person would consider appropriate, there’s usually one reason behind it: money.

Unsurprisingly, the continued federal prohibition on marijuana and its absurd classification as a Schedule 1 drug is no exception. Thankfully, a recent study published in the journal Health Affairs shows us exactly why pharmaceutical companies are one of the leading voices against medical marijuana. It has nothing to do with healthcare and everything to do with corporate greed.

What follows are excepts from the Wired article, Would You Take LSD to Give You a Boost at Work? WIRED Takes a Trip Inside the World of Microdosing. I strongly suggest reading the entire thing.

It’s 7am on a sunny Friday in a shared house in the sleepy San Francisco neighbourhood of Richmond. Flatmates buzz in and out of the kitchen as Lily (not her real name), a publicist for several startups, sits down with cup of tea and a credit-card-sized bag of dried magic mushrooms.

The 28-year-old breaks up the caps and stems and places them into a herb grinder. She then scoops the pulverised mixture into empty gel pill capsules, weighing each one on a tiny scale. Once finished, she pops one of the capsules into her mouth and washes its down with PG Tips. She’s now ready to start her working day.

“It helps me think more creatively and stay focused,” she says. “I manage my stress with ease and am able to keep my perspective healthy in a way that I was unable to before.”

Lily is one of many young professionals in San Francisco and beyond experimenting with “microdosing”: taking small quantities of psychedelic drugs – typically LSD or psilocybin mushrooms – every few days in the hope of improving their performance at work. In small amounts, say, a tenth of a full dose, users don’t experience a consciousness-altering “trip”, but instead report improvements in concentration and problem solving, as well as a reduction in anxiety.

Read the rest here: http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2016/08...l-performance/

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Increasing Number of Americans Are ‘Microdosing’ on Psychedelics to Enhance Mental Performance

I've never "done" LSD, but I'm very interested in trying this out... I have taken quite a few cognitive enhancers, my favorite is Modafinil (prescribed for insomniac shift workers)

Here's great break down on the topic:

Once I find a source, I will be trying this
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (27th November 2019), Althena (25th August 2016), drneglector (24th August 2016), Fanna (24th August 2016), NancyV (25th August 2016), Shannon (24th August 2016)

4. Link to Post #3
    Argentina Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,523 times in 661 posts

Default Re: Increasing Number of Americans Are ‘Microdosing’ on Psychedelics to Enhance Mental Performance

I suggest you try it before you die, don't research it too much and do it with people you know well in an outdoor setting. The woods and the beach used to be my favorite type of venues. Tell us how it went.

PS Use liquid or gel if available.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Althena (here)
    I suggest you try it before you die, don't research it too much and do it with people you know well in an outdoor setting. The woods and the beach used to be my favorite type of venues. Tell us how it went.

PS Use liquid or gel if available.
    Micro dosing (reportedly) gives nearly no noticeable effects other than being more alert and focused... so I think my report would be rather boring.. haha

When I want to squeegee my third Eye I have a nice collection of San Pedro cactus growing on my property.... & plenty of beaches
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Althena (25th August 2016), Fanna (24th August 2016), NancyV (25th August 2016), seko (25th August 2016), Shannon (24th August 2016)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 377 posts

There are many kind of psychedelics even spin offs of LSD called 25i or NBO. I've done mushrooms lsd 25i. I can get it all online , you can literally buy this stuff online. DMT is the psychedelic that I am trying next, I can't find it anywhere else but the internet.

8. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Fanna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 times in 329 posts

I can walk down to the local Fred Meyer where a few little nubby penises of a vast underground network of Psilocybins pop up in season. Tea on the beach is a great thing indeed.

♪ ~Blessed are the Cracked~ ♪
    ♪ ~For they let in the Light~ ♪

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fanna For This Post:

Althena (25th August 2016), NancyV (25th August 2016), raff (25th August 2016), seko (25th August 2016), Shannon (24th August 2016), TargeT (24th August 2016)

10. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,341 times in 4,087 posts

With memories from my wilder days I would recomend comfortable controlled safe environments for such things ...and probably definitely not recomend as a supliment for office work or daily life,, too unpredictable. In terms of giving one the advantantage.. for every advantage there is a compromise somewhere else. This hippy (referring to myself) is getting square in his old age. We don't have shamen any more. I nominate Graham Hancock as a new one, he has some interesting things to say on the subject.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Althena (25th August 2016), raff (25th August 2016), seko (25th August 2016), Shannon (24th August 2016), TargeT (24th August 2016)

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    With memories from my wilder days I would recomend comfortable controlled safe environments for such things ...and probably definitely not recomend as a supliment for office work or daily life,, too unpredictable.
    its Micro dosing though, your taking less than the effective dose & shouldn't "feel" anything (maybe a subtle energy boost and increased focus).. the average MICROdose of LSD is around 10-30 MICROgrams, which is at or below threshold levels (levels where you "feel" something).

Here's some good info on dosing: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

these neurological enhancements are subtle, Modafinil makes you feel like you're just on your A game, not "high" or "intoxicated" just... Present, focused & energized.... and not the "energized" that something like Amphetamines causes (adderall etc.. basically legal speed).. more like a-great-nights-sleep-and-health-eating energized.
    Last edited by TargeT; 24th August 2016 at 20:28.
    Where are you?

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Alan (27th November 2019), Althena (25th August 2016), blackdog (24th August 2016), NancyV (25th August 2016), Shannon (24th August 2016)

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,341 times in 4,087 posts

I accept my naivety, it's all a bit modern and I'm behind the times. I accept don't get that the dosage is very low. My instinct to speak draws from different parameters, higher dosages. If there is a balance-it-out compromise it will become aparent and, in as much probability as I can imagine ..most likely happen with no drama. For me it's one of those things I don't feel I need to do again but glad I did at the time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

TargeT (24th August 2016)

16. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=TargeT;1092531]
    Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    With memories from my wilder days I would recomend comfortable controlled safe environments for such things ...and probably definitely not recomend as a supliment for office work or daily life,, too unpredictable.
    its Micro dosing though, your taking less than the effective dose & shouldn't "feel" anything (maybe a subtle energy boost and increased focus).. the average MICROdose of LSD is around 10-30 MICROgrams, which is at or below threshold levels (levels where you "feel" something).

Here's some good info on dosing: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

these neurological enhancements are subtle, Modafinil makes you feel like you're just on your A game, not "high" or "intoxicated" just... Present, focused & energized.... and not the "energized" that something like Amphetamines causes (adderall etc.. basically legal speed).. more like a-great-nights-sleep-and-health-eating energized.

I find that high levels of profanity followed by intense levels of alcohol with a dash of comfort eating leads to a restful nights sleep. Each to their own mate. Lol
    Last edited by raff; 24th August 2016 at 21:38.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raff For This Post:

NancyV (25th August 2016), TargeT (24th August 2016)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Hopefully this trend in microdosing psychedelics is not only in America, but is a phenomena happening in many countries around the world. It would most surely help humanity in raising the collective consciousness, as there is so much we can benefit for our learning experiences.

I would say the dosage for each psychedelic depends on each person and what effects they want/need to have, just as much as each person reacts to each psychedelic in their own unique ways.
    Taking a higher or a full dose would allow you to know the characteristics and effects of the psychedelic more clearly, and perhaps it's good to know of them before starting to microdose.

I've been to an Ayahuasca ceremony a few years back.
    I won't go into details here, but it was one of the most amazing, profound, life & soul-changing experiences.
    It's not for everyone. One's soul needs to be ready to take it.
    Experiencing it full dose is really the proper way, with respect to the traditional ceremony.

It was the plants' calling that I was drawn to go further with it, so I asked my friend who recommended me the ceremony for infos on how to brew the tea and prepare it myself at home. Over time and experience, I could find the right dosage for myself as I got to know better of how I work with the Ayahuasca medicine. Now I microdose it everyday, for the many benefits that are necessary depending on physical, emotional and mental conditions at each moment.

If anyone is interested in having more infos on Ayahuasca, feel free to PM me.

Iboga is something I'm also interested in experiencing full dose, then microdosing.
    The effects and benefits of this plant medicine is very appealing, and demanding when in need to cure any kind of addiction.
    If anyone here has experience or know more about Iboga, it would be interesting to hear.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

Althena (25th August 2016), NancyV (25th August 2016), TargeT (25th August 2016)

+ Reply to Thread